Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Somewhat of a shocker it's Glenda!

Was expecting a Scarlet, never thought we'd get the Argentina version of her!

For those not in the know when the original toys were licensed around the world some countries did their own versions or changed things up a bit, Scarlet was changed to blonde and named Glenda for that nation. Also her costume was blue.

Everything comes full circle in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

This needs to be on this page that will surely be nothing but spidermans and turtles and joes otherwise.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Nanigans posted:

This needs to be on this page that will surely be nothing but spidermans and turtles and joes otherwise.

Heh, heh, weeb

dont look at my gokus

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I can’t read or hear the name Glenda without my brain completing, the good witch.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Note the costume she has, it's virtually the OG Scarlet one. Notice the shurikens on the glove.

Pretty much tells you that toy is coming.

Also some people are saying the laser gun is Flash's weapon so he's likely a thing as well in the future.

Been pointed out that the backpack and headset she has, is a total Breaker thing.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 15, 2023

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

MAFEX Nightwing is soooooo cool.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

I really, really hate Walmart exclusives. I’m about to pay dumb prices on Duplico so I can stop searching. I don’t think my Walmarts will get that wave

My local Walmart doesn't even stock MoTU anymore and the others around here are cloggled with Origins Buzz-Off and Naked Stratos.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The Scarecrow is pretty fun!

https://twitter.com/riprocketpix/status/1669422314444693511?s=46&t=rg4yO9Htx2FBoZvnyslcOg

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Last Call posted:

Somewhat of a shocker it's Glenda!

Was expecting a Scarlet, never thought we'd get the Argentina version of her!

For those not in the know when the original toys were licensed around the world some countries did their own versions or changed things up a bit, Scarlet was changed to blonde and named Glenda for that nation. Also her costume was blue.

Everything comes full circle in the end.

Blue and white, the colors of the Argentinian flag. And the original was a helicopter pilot, so that isn't new.

The Last Call posted:

Note the costume she has, it's virtually the OG Scarlet one. Notice the shurikens on the glove.

Pretty much tells you that toy is coming.

Also some people are saying the laser gun is Flash's weapon so he's likely a thing as well in the future.

Been pointed out that the backpack and headset she has, is a total Breaker thing.

The backpack is Flash's too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hey, just to confirm did someone here have a friend on Instagram reach out about a Duplico?

Thank you to whoever. Good looking out.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 16, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh poo poo! SH Figuarts Jay Kay figure!! I gotta get one!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtiJ6SLrtKV/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I lost my poo poo. Now I want one.

When will we have our S.H. Figuarts Meatloaf, Bandai?!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Their lineup of exclusive DBZ figures looks good too. Kid Gohan/Raditz , SSJ2 Gohan/Spirit Goku or whatever, and Majin Vegeta. I want all of them!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/TamashiiNations/status/1666640092432150530?s=20

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This is too loving funny. Amazing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hold up, there’s an officially licensed Jamiroquai action figure, and they used it to stop-motion recreate one of his music videos?

Am I seeing this right?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
But… why?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Xenomrph posted:

Hold up, there’s an officially licensed Jamiroquai action figure, and they used it to stop-motion recreate one of his music videos?

Am I seeing this right?

It appears to be a CGI recreation, not stop-motion. Parts of the fig clip through itself in the vid.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The 90s are back, baby!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It turns out the future IS made of virtual insanity.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We’re going deeper underground in the toy world.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

First week of Targets Summer Geek Out

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1669666350988513280?s=46&t=mKuVaMZWhitH6UCugEjrOg

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/hobby_magazine/status/1669678710088253441?s=20

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This has to be the single weirdest figure released in basically ever. I would be fascinated to find out how this happened.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Look if they can make 10 lines each of Turtles and He-Mans, they can make one Jamiroquai figure.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

it's actually not totally unprecedented. figuarts has done Freddy Mercury, Michael Jackson, the Daft Punk guys. and also Virtual Insanity's lyrics were inspired by Sapporo and the set was inspired by a building in Osaka so maybe there's some extra fondness for it in Japan

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If they can justify a JK then I demand a Jarvis Cocker complete with light-up disco floor, and a Siouxsie Sioux too while you're at it.

:colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoeGlassJAw posted:

it's actually not totally unprecedented. figuarts has done Freddy Mercury, Michael Jackson, the Daft Punk guys. and also Virtual Insanity's lyrics were inspired by Sapporo and the set was inspired by a building in Osaka so maybe there's some extra fondness for it in Japan

Yeah but even then that's a one hit wonder from 27 years ago.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sentinel Red posted:

If they can justify a JK then I demand a Jarvis Cocker complete with light-up disco floor, and a Siouxsie Sioux too while you're at it.

:colbert:

Don't sit and wait for someone to do it for you, if you want it then go ahead and make it a meme on Japanese internet. Start drawing every single anime character doing this air guitar in this outfit and post them on Japanese Twitter and maybe you'll get your wish

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I would 100% buy Joe Cocker figuarts! Woodstock version, "You Can Leave Your Hat" On version, 90's with leopard print jacket version.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Gimme Bowie, you COWARDS.

Every version. Gimme Ziggy, gimme the Thin White Duke, gimme Aladdin Sane, I want them all.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Gimme Bowie, you COWARDS.

Every version. Gimme Ziggy, gimme the Thin White Duke, gimme Aladdin Sane, I want them all.

Actually, yeah!!!

Closest we got is Kira from JJBA Part 4:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bowie figures, for ages 12-17.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

But seriously, Big Suit Byrne or bust

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
He would never allow it, but I would kill for a Tom Waits action figure (or young barroom-poet-hipster and old post-apocalyptic-carnival barker versions).

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'm glad that I got a Weird Al figure

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You mean Eric Idle?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You mean Eric Idle?

No sir. Eric Idle is a motorcycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

These are all good ideas, but I will add the world also needs a Robert Smith action figure.