Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

I AM GRANDO posted:

He was a true-believer patsy chosen to run that ufo investigation unit so that he could be fooled and thus discredit the unit and prevent it from exposing graft.

that would still be satisfying imo, i’m just interested in knowing what’s going on. i don’t think he was chosen for that reason; if that ends up how it happens, it was a ‘happy’ accident.

he’s why the potential for secretive bullshit was revealed in the first place so it seems pretty strange to intentionally hire the guy who causes you trouble so that you can discredit him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's exactly what they said about the last guy. "Maybe it's not aliens, but there's something going on!" And it's never anything. It's like one of those doomsday cults that keeps pushing the date back or re-interpreting the scripture every time the end of the world comes goes without event.

The UFO speaker circuit may not be pay very well in cash but it pays a fortune in attention.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That's exactly what they said about the last guy. "Maybe it's not aliens, but there's something going on!" And it's never anything. It's like one of those doomsday cults that keeps pushing the date back or re-interpreting the scripture every time the end of the world comes goes without event.

The UFO speaker circuit may not be pay very well in cash but it pays a fortune in attention.

okay but obviously something would be going on because why else do this? as a…prank?

i don’t get the idea of him doing this for attention. attention for what? why would he give up a future employment in the mic where he’d undoubtedly make more money?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the irresistible scent of clout

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

the irresistible scent of clout

i don’t think i want to know what a ufo convention smells like

e3 was bad enough

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

mediaphage posted:

okay but obviously something would be going on because why else do this? as a…prank?

i don’t get the idea of him doing this for attention. attention for what? why would he give up a future employment in the mic where he’d undoubtedly make more money?

People are driven by many things other than money. Attention in and of itself is an extreme motivator for some people. They will do extreme and (seemingly) illogical things to get it. I say seemingly because one you realise that they're doing it for attention those illogical things suddenly make a lot of sense.

I don't know why he's doing it. Maybe attention on its own or maybe to help sell his book? No idea. All I know it's not going to go anywhere and no truth about any government cover up is going to come out.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I might be missing something, but Groucho guy is probably a wanker because he's equating secrecy to something exotic. These underground programs are for funneling all of the billions of dollars 'lost' during the war on terror into whatever the latest intelligence schemes are. That could mean secret tech programs are included in one of those schemes but lol at it being alien technology. I bet a few people are authorized to spread little nuggets of nonsense into dumbasses heads to weed out the morons and keep the misdirection game in play.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's funny to me that apparently the only airtight security in all of the US military is in the alien department. Literally everywhere else has verifiable, indisputable leaks and reveals, but the alien dudes? Not one real, inarguable reveal has happened in the entire time. Like 60+ years and nothing. They really have the best of the best.

War thunder nerds can't be kept under control, but thank god the alien department doesn't hire a single person who plays Star Trek Online or something.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

mediaphage posted:

If Qanon taught us anything, it's that people are willing to make up wild crazy stories for no good reason and millions of people are willing to believe them, no evidence needed.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

It's funny to me that apparently the only airtight security in all of the US military is in the alien department. Literally everywhere else has verifiable, indisputable leaks and reveals, but the alien dudes? Not one real, inarguable reveal has happened in the entire time. Like 60+ years and nothing. They really have the best of the best.

War thunder nerds can't be kept under control, but thank god the alien department doesn't hire a single person who plays Star Trek Online or something.

This all makes the assumption that the US military is the first on the scene of any UFO crash too so they can quickly haul away the craft and cover it up., but that's not how it would work.

Normal citizens would find it first, then cops and fire departments would be called in. Even if the military is good at keeping secrets, one of those non-military people would expose it.

Not to mention other countries... What happens when a UFO crashes in Iceland, a county with no military?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The Grey posted:

This all makes the assumption that the US military is the first on the scene of any UFO crash too so they can quickly haul away the craft and cover it up., but that's not how it would work.

Normal citizens would find it first, then cops and fire departments would be called in. Even if the military is good at keeping secrets, one of those non-military people would expose it.

Not to mention other countries... What happens when a UFO crashes in Iceland, a county with no military?

Then I'd expect more information and verifiable reveals, not less.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

syntaxfunction posted:

Then I'd expect more information and verifiable reveals, not less.

They agree with you. They're just saying that it's actually an order of magnitude more implausible that the US has been able to keep a lid on the secret UFO stuff they found.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

cut the cake however you want... aliens are real, or maybe theyre not.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

The Grey posted:

What happens when a UFO crashes in Iceland, a county with no military?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Jamsque posted:

Some wannabe brownshirt Air National Guardsman incel dolt put all the US's intelligence about the war in Ukraine on Discord, the War Thunder forums are groaning under the weight of classified military hardware specifications, but all of these UFO whistle-blowers combined don't have so much as a photocopy of a printout of a cellphone picture of a computer screen showing hidden_ufo_blacksites.ppt

Apparently this guy got pretty close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OImdnvQx7sQ

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The Grey posted:

If Qanon taught us anything, it's that people are willing to make up wild crazy stories for no good reason and millions of people are willing to believe them, no evidence needed.

lol reasonable point

lmao

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I have proof of aliens but you can't see it. NO, don't even ask. I will not show it to you. Don't even try!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You wouldn't refuse to show us if there wasn't something to show...

Alright I'm in. What've you got?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The aliens that come here are the biggest space nerds of their species and all their poo poo is cringe. Authorities are not trying hide the existence of aliens, they're just working hard to ignore the little dorks

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Colonel Cancer posted:

UFOs are real stupid. I dare you to come down here and scoop out my rear end in a top hat little green men!

Even aliens don’t want to help satisfy your fetish.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Has anyone actually been to Iceland, huh? Maybe the reason there's "no military" is a simple fact that its 100% an alien nation?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Icochet posted:

The aliens that come here are the biggest space nerds of their species and all their poo poo is cringe. Authorities are not trying hide the existence of aliens, they're just working hard to ignore the little dorks

this is way more plausible than expecting every nation on earth and every angry computer dork in their armed services to keep quiet on anything.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
People don't keep quiet about it lol

You just choose to ignore or not believe them

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

500excf type r posted:

I mean I can keep saying I'm the grand kid of Jesus but people gonna want proof, not just repeating it louder and without proof.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

500excf type r posted:

This new guy hasn't even seen an alien or space ship. Weakest poo poo yet. At least the Vegas kid has 4 pixels on his ringcam.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I wanna see Trump trying to negotiate with alien life sooo bad.

"Aliens? Hello? Aliens, are you there? This is President Trump. Can you hear me? I think they can't hear me! Aliens?"

A movie is ok too, but it has to be played straight. The humor has to come from the absurdity of the situation, from seeing a barely sentient failed steak salesman trying to negotiate with a completely alien form of intelligence. No slapstick or jokes.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

500excf type r posted:

yeah i'm sure that's the case and not the fact that they don't have any evidence

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

Has anyone actually been to Iceland, huh? Maybe the reason there's "no military" is a simple fact that its 100% an alien nation?

Lol what, there's still people in this year 2023 that are still pretending the "northern hemisphere" actually exists. lame.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Is it just me or have the last few pages of the thread been way more schizophrenic than simply believing in aliens?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pontificating rear end posted:

Is it just me or have the last few pages of the thread been way more schizophrenic than simply believing in aliens?

obvious agent of "the man" gaslighting us away from the truth. lol.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

dr_rat posted:

obvious agent of "the man" gaslighting us away from the truth. lol.

ikr they're everywhere and i can tell which ones are scammers and not real, i wont be fooled cus too smartt

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
*learns what MIC and psyop mean*

holy poo poo i figured it all out

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The United States Federal government employs over 1.8 million people and they are all deeply committed to the alien coverup.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

you loving dweebs better cut this dumbass nerd poo poo out or im dumping all your books in the ditch.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The United States Federal government employs over 1.8 million people and they are all deeply committed to the alien coverup.

it's all the post office talks about. smdh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

you loving dweebs better cut this dumbass nerd poo poo out or im dumping all your books in the ditch.

wait which nerd poo poo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

flubber nuts posted:

But none of my books are ditch proof. :(

Nov 6, 2002

My wife is a Federal employee and when I asked her about aliens she threatened to rendition me to eastern Europe.

Nov 6, 2002

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it's all the post office talks about. smdh

1.8 million doesn't even include USPS. If we include postal workers than it's over 2.3 million keeping the aliens under wraps!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

1.8 million doesn't even include USPS. If we include postal workers than it's over 2.3 million keeping the aliens under wraps!!

usps keeps losing all the alien's mail as our first line of defense.