Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
At the end of the day people just want to talk about video game products. It's the circle of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

When the lowtax yikesroo event was going down I reached out to bnr to ask if they could assist in linking the gofundme for lady ambien to help with her family needs and legal fees, they conferred and said no because it was more important to disassociate with something awful

leftist forum!

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

"requiring an arbitrary amount of proof is bullshit"

haha cool

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
no one really knew how to handle the sheer histrionics coming from cascadebeta and her crew. every one of them posted like the mob had driven them out to the middle of the desert and given them the chance for one last phone call to their families

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

If you don't think Barney is a slur, go read Kiwi Farms

An actual post that was made btw

Syenite posted:

Search for "Barney" on KF.

Trying to come up with alternative ways to refer to trans women negatively is always just gonna be a slur.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

IIRC, it was specifically Pick describing CB's avatar as "sexpot Barney," which was pretty accurate

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

“First off, believe women, which means believe me” is one of those sentences that will stick with me all the way to my deathbed

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Something funny cascadebeta would do too is make threads in QCS then lock them so no one was allowed to respond to them and demanding an admin post in them (while keeping it closed)

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

no one really knew how to handle the sheer histrionics coming from cascadebeta and her crew. every one of them posted like the mob had driven them out to the middle of the desert and given them the chance for one last phone call to their families

lol

Leal posted:

this poster used to scour fyad to count slurs until I think admins took fyad access away but this could be goon telephone

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The real life organizing forum has not had a post in it since august 2022.

Literally the only one that doesn't have a "new" icon by it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Something funny cascadebeta would do too is make threads in QCS then lock them so no one was allowed to respond to them and demanding an admin post in them (while keeping it closed)

So she predicted SAD?

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Leal posted:

scraping every post from a deranged website and generating a word cloud to figure out what the new slurs are

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

So she predicted SAD?

hosed up but true lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

lol

this poster used to scour fyad to count slurs until I think admins took fyad access away but this could be goon telephone

yes that was them

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

lol

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

So she predicted SAD?

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

So she predicted SAD?

when you're right you're right

Barney for SAD IK

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about my forums enemies
But baby, I've been, I've been posting hard
Said, "No more counting dollars, we'll be counting slurs"

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Did CascadeBeta not realize autobans exist? What the hell is with their final ban?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

lol

im 95% sure this was the person who reported lucavi for quoting a post that had goatse in it when i was mod of vichy fyad

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yet another deranged politics poster that autobanned and came back to shout into a void (buschmaki youre cool)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I remember on bnr they called SA "the old country" and you couldn't refer to it by name, it was so weird and cultlike

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I remember on bnr they called SA "the old country" and you couldn't refer to it by name, it was so weird and cultlike

lmao

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
ah yes i do remember p-p-powerbook back at our bolshevik smlarp voldemort fuckign lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EasilyConfused posted:

Did CascadeBeta not realize autobans exist? What the hell is with their final ban?

wanting attention

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about my forums enemies
But baby, I've been, I've been posting hard
Said, "No more counting dollars, we'll be counting slurs"

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

pentyne posted:

wanting attention

it was a flex too, I think

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

EasilyConfused posted:

none of that crew wanted to autoban and instead demanded they be hit by staff, presumably to "send a message" or whatever.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

it was a flex too, I think

no, this was a flex

Koalas March posted:

Hey admins I asked fluff to perma me because i have now received a rape threat but he is working so if you can just loving perma me so that people will leave me the gently caress alone that would be super cool

Honey Trap Queen posted:

Thread screwed up for anyone else?

E: nevermind

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pentyne posted:

no, this was a flex

Lmao 3 minutes apart

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

pentyne posted:

no, this was a flex

lol forever

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Endorph posted:

and smarxist got run out on a rail by the barney av person

Gonna have to be a wee bit more specific

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

pentyne posted:

no, this was a flex

always lol at this

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

pentyne posted:

no, this was a flex

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao 3 minutes apart

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
CascadeBeta was the only person I’ve ever put on my ignore list and then months later, I couldn’t remember why

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

none of that crew wanted to autoban and instead demanded they be hit by staff, presumably to "send a message" or whatever.

I may be imagining this but didn't someone get mad about CB being banned, and when someone said it was requested they responded "Oh, so was she 'asking for it'?". And then when told "Literally yes" they proceeded to flip out and consider it some kinda gotcha moment?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pentyne posted:

no, this was a flex

I never quite understood, how did this post give the game away?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Danaru posted:

I never quite understood, how did this post give the game away?

I think Koalas March expected there would be a ton of replies and thought the replies might have been hidden or bugged, so she replied on her alt to test it out, and saw that she could see the alt's reply. And why would an ostensibly unconnected person think there was anything off with a post that didn't have any replies after three minutes?

My read could be off, though.

e: Until I checked just now I thought it was a new thread she had posted, didn't know it was part of a larger thread in progress

Paper Tiger fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 16, 2023

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Endorph posted:

the sheer irony power on that last post. she was truly an incredible poster. just came out of nowhere to lose her mind about everything.
I remember someone in a previous instance of The Sagas Thread saying she bought the exact same energy to arguing about Tekken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Kins posted:

I remember someone in a previous instance of The Sagas Thread saying she bought the exact same energy to arguing about Tekken.

she got banned from a fighting games discord for exploding at people suggesting to her that practicing the game would make her better at it and that being able to make reads during fights is not only helpful but basically required

though for some reason Tekken in particular seems to either attract or create the most unbelievably toxic brained people alive