Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Bebe is Yusuke without the nuances that make the latter more relateable/likeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hidetoshi is cool imo. Maybe I'm just racist against the french

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I had a knee-jerk "oh my God this is gonna suck" reaction to Bebe at first (that might have been just based off of the general quality of P3's school Social Links), but the Link turned out significantly better than I thought it was going to.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Bebe hates being in France, which is realistic writing imo.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Bebe is cool and a sweet guy

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There are so many worse P3 social links than Bebe.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Temperance and the Fortune guy suffer from being blandly nice people whose arcs don't have much depth to them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1668775565485043713

That's ni--wait

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
an LPer I like who did a quick thoughts on/reaction video on the three big reveals found this screenshot:

If you'll notice, all four party members have different Archetypes.

Granted, two of them could be DLC classes that shout out to their other recent games (Trickster and Soul Hacker?) but the interesting thing is that Hulkenberg and Heismay's symbols for Paladin and Ninja look like slightly fancier versions of their Knight and Thief archetypes. Maybe it's less of a class free for all and more of a web/tree, where you can unlock more advanced Archetypes by mastering base ones? More FFT than FFV, as it were.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Arist posted:

That's ni--wait

I'm not sure what that even means, was there a kibosh on uttering the name Sumire in any capacity, with the implication that they may appear in P5T? Cool if so, otherwise, idgi

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm not sure what that even means, was there a kibosh on uttering the name Sumire in any capacity, with the implication that they may appear in P5T? Cool if so, otherwise, idgi

Much like P5 vanilla after November 19th, Atlus had streaming restrictions for P5R (I believe everything after you return to the "real" world on Christmas Eve was restricted). They didn't block the whole game from streaming like P5 though, just the parts after that event. They never really enforced those guidelines though, and almost no one respected them.

That they're not patching the game to remove the block and just telling you to buy a capture card is very funny.

e: oh you're referring to the "celebrating the upcoming release of Tactica" thing. I mean, it'd be nice if they show up but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Arist fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 14, 2023

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/fnlwpn/status/1668783826586439681?t=SHt_glUjXG9C-60eMyrVpA&s=19

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The original game's or this years? If the former, the next one's on 7/7

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

That's a fun idea. Final boss has 13 forms right? I guess they can't do all 13 if they're going to do early 2024

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i imagine it will probably be showing off each party member's updated art/concept and probably sprinkle in more details about the new/reworked stuff with each one :v:

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Better start grinding in Tartarus the day before, just to be safe

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Mix. posted:

i imagine it will probably be showing off each party member's updated art/concept and probably sprinkle in more details about the new/reworked stuff with each one :v:

Well I more meant like they could do an update with new details/art etc for each full moon event in the game as a fun Easter egg :shobon:

Though it would be funny to have them literally showing off the bosses

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lol does this matter at all? You can find any scene from P5R on Youtube right now with zero hassle, including all the supposed stuff Atlus "blocked". Is this way more heavily enforced in Japan or something?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
A bunch of Japanese vtubers/streamers would often end their streams once they hit the cutoff point, or at least the ones viewable on YouTube and such. Not everyone stuck to that, but I'm guessing some of them want to have a good relationship with Sega in the future.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I remember watching all of the new content in Royal like a week after the JP version came out

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Atlus uploaded updated trailers for P3R and P5T confirming PS4/PS5/Steam releases for both games as well as Switch for P5T.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pleasantly surprised that it's still available on PS4, guess I can hold off on buying a PS5 little longer.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Pleasantly surprised that it's still available on PS4, guess I can hold off on buying a PS5 little longer.

I initially assumed P3R would also be on the Switch because I thought the same engine P5R was based on would be used, but I guess Unreal Engine isn't Switch-friendly.

E: here's a fansubbed Japanese introduction to the P5T story and gameplay that confirms the timeline of the game as occurring on a snowy day prior to Makoto's and Haru's graduation (so before the events of Strikers). The screenshots below also hint at multiple DLC playable characters and Joker still being able to play around with multiple personas.

anakha fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 15, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/UntilPersona/status/1669494978265874432?t=veTbxfcRHixms8ASKagl1A&s=19

They're cutting fatigue, which I think is the wrong decision. I didn't like tiredness the way it was implemented into P3, (especially in the earlygame you'd end up with situations where you'd gain 0 levels in a Tartarus session because everyone got exhausted so quickly), but this is just gonna run into the same problem all the other games did where you have to blitz through the entire dungeon in one go. P3 has almost nothing to do at night anyway so I'm not sure that'll be good for the loop.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I can't say I'm super surprised but I am bummed, I felt like it added a bit of texture to the game that I liked. I would hope they add more activities or stat upgrade stuff at night time to compensate though.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:same: on not surprised but disappointed

They're not adding slinks for the other guys, but I presume some of these new side story activities will cover the night timeslots. Or at least I hope so because otherwise it'll be pretty dang empty

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah I can't say I'm super surprised but I am bummed, I felt like it added a bit of texture to the game that I liked.

Yeah that's basically how I feel. Part of P3's... idk what you'd call it, edge? Character? Was that if you worked the party too hard they'd tell you to gently caress off and go home. It made the party feel more like a collection of individuals who have their own poo poo going on and not just mindless hanger-ons to the MC. I get taking it out from a player experience standpoint, particularly if your intended audience is less series vets and more players who's first experience with the series was P5, but it is a little disappointing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it wasnt super well executed (especially s. link reversals) but the attempts to make the party in p3 feel like their own independent actors instead of the MC's sidekicks were interesting.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thankfully at least most of that should stay intact, unless they mess with the availability of the girl s links you should still run into situations where like Yukari isn't available but you can go to the shrine and see her and Junpei hanging out.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sydin posted:

Yeah that's basically how I feel. Part of P3's... idk what you'd call it, edge? Character? Was that if you worked the party too hard they'd tell you to gently caress off and go home. It made the party feel more like a collection of individuals who have their own poo poo going on and not just mindless hanger-ons to the MC. I get taking it out from a player experience standpoint, particularly if your intended audience is less series vets and more players who's first experience with the series was P5, but it is a little disappointing.

This is spot on. I always loved the fact that there were already three persona users by the time you even stumble upon S.E.E.S., and the upper classmen don't even bother to hang with you/help out until you've already seen some poo poo. "Recovery" time notwithstanding.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How do you fully voice the Maya SL.

Are they gonna actually voice 'roflcopter'

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's gonna just be Microsoft Sam going "soisoisoisoisoi".

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

ApplesandOranges posted:

You're now sending voice messages, also she's actually dateable. Simultaneous to the others of course. Because that would be the worst possible outcome.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Fansubs confirm that the dialogue from the beginning of the Japanese P3R commercial is Yukari's dad.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

ApplesandOranges posted:

I could see them doing a Dot Hack type thing where all the scenes are of your characters talking "in game."

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

bravesword posted:

I could see them doing a Dot Hack type thing where all the scenes are of your characters talking "in game."

Actually that'd be rad as hell, as they can make it one huge P2 pastiche.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Wasn't that social link referencing SMT or some other game in the Japanese version and it got changed to P2 in the English localization? I think it might have been the characters from the original digital devil story books/games. Or am I just misremembering

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 16, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Item Getter posted:

Wasn't that social link referencing SMT or some other game in the Japanese version and it got changed to P2 in the English localization? Or am I just misremembering

It was a reference to Megami Tensei II and she names herself after the heroine of Megaten 1

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

it was a mt2 ref too?? i thought just mt1 originally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
do we know if the soundtrack will just be remixes and updates of the classic tracks with a few new songs, or completely original