Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Uh actually I give up on doing that thing I was trying to do. Nevermind...

But anyway, yes, right now your priority one if you want to buff up your characters is artifact main stats and artifact levels! 5 stars with correct mainstats at level 16 (except the flower). If it has even remotely decent stats, take them to 20. When you get better ones, you pass the old one to the next character, and pass their old one to the next, etc. Remember that set bonus is not as important as raw stats, so when you end up with something like this:

You'll be happy! Strong individual pieces can be passed around to whoever needs them, giving you more flexibility. You pull a new character, give them strong individual pieces and they're be usable while you farm their own gear. If you spend every single resin (items and regular) for the next couple weeks in Fates domain it will be the best thing you can do for you account. (Actually you should still do world bosses whose items you need because those are IRL timegated but you know)

I recommend Fates domain because Fate and Shime in their 2 and 4 set forms are useful for the most broad number of characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Oh no I completely hosed up all my builds doing this. Not again :sigh:
When are they gonna add gear loadouts? Not even star rail has them....

Zenostein posted:

That place is bullshit, they don't even have a barbara leaderboard

Shockingly, all my mans are bad :(

The fact that they're still missing so many leaderboards is why I took so long lol

Personally I immediately dropped it when it said that my Ganyu was a higher percentile that my Raiden (<-the worst insult possible for a Raiden main)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MoonCrab posted:

Oh no I completely hosed up all my builds doing this. Not again :sigh:
When are they gonna add gear loadouts? Not even star rail has them....

The fact that they're still missing so many leaderboards is why I took so long lol

Personally I immediately dropped it when it said that my Ganyu was a higher percentile that my Raiden (<-the worst insult possible for a Raiden main)

It is extremely funny that they pop up a warning that my very much not c6 nilou is holding the wrong sword for their arbitrary calculations. Wow how could I ever figure out why my numbers don't match the damage they come up with.

This is also funny, that's the 4th domain from that event (5th one did the same). I guess they couldn't be hosed to see if their own poo poo would pop up a warning on ps4.

Also when I was fishing that off my ps4 I found this — I assume this was changed somewhat recently and someone on their writing team is just in love with hats.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

MoonCrab posted:

You'll be happy! Strong individual pieces can be passed around to whoever needs them, giving you more flexibility. You pull a new character, give them strong individual pieces and they're be usable while you farm their own gear.

There's a lot of comparisons where this would work and you picked the one (for freeze Ganyu) set where the 4-pc bonus is worth two of your artifacts. :v:

The EoSF is definitely the best "I have nothing specific to do today" use of your time, though. Easily the most widely-used set. SE... not so much, but it'll be part of a lot of 18% ATK 2-pc builds so you'll still get some good bits.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

delfin posted:

That makes some sense. I have a spare Northlander billet but no Dream Solvent, and it's up to RNG when any particular trounce domain wants to drop that. God only knows if the guide I saw got updated for Aranara-land.

As for gear, I've been following assorted sites' recommendations as to which sets and stats work for whom. Some of the arts you're seeing are like +9-12, and that's because artifact exp is hard enough to get that I'm not +20ing stuff that I'm just going to replace later for characters that I'm not using right now. All of my resin has been getting pumped into the chars I _have_ been developing, getting ascension mats and ley line experience and whatnot.

So Bennett will get his turn.

First 4* from the new banners was Xiang C3; one more will give me that extended Pyronado, which will help.

You should probably aim for 16 on artifacts as a decent stopping point, iirc 16-20 takes as much exp as 1-16. Obviously 20 would be stronger, but if you're newish then efficiency does matter.

If you replace them, you can feed them to the replacement for 80% of the xp.

Also, characters have a similar efficiency breakpoint at 80, don't go to 90 unless they want to do swirl, quicken, burgeon, or hyperbloom damage or they're a favorite.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Been sitting on the 74th pull into a 50/50 for a while, but really want constellations for Heizou.

Figured that Kaz C2 is actually pretty decent and worth a 50/50, so I plunged in for a bit.

0 Heizous

Got Qiqid

0/10, would hoard again.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
You could've gotten Deya'ed which is worse I guess.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i wouldn't mind c2 dehya

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I would actually prefer a Qiqi so I could work towards C6

still no Keqing somehow :shepicide:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boogle posted:

Dehya's cons are actually really good, her dps like doubles by C6. This is more a function of her base scaling being awful but still.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I pulled Dehya on her banner and was disappointed, and half heartedly built her. Then I pulled two more of her cons on later banners. Should go back and give her a rework, but I'd rather farm up my exp books and mora for Fontaine.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I still can't believe they messed up Dehya so bad they just abandoned her to the standard banner. It's like admitting you know Standard Banner characters stink.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

except the standard banner characters are good? like the only stinker from the originals is diluc and that's more because he's a straight carry outclassed by newer carries.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean of the standard banner characters Keqing and Tighnari are very good, Mona and Jean are decent, and Diluc is usable even if he versus Hu Tao is like the one actual example of powercreep in the game.

I really don't think there's some grand conspiracy with Dehya or anything, they just released a character who isn't very good. It happens all the time in mobile games.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think what really kills the standard banner is just how empty most of the cons are for standard banner characters. Qiqi is a fat load of nothing until her C6, which is awesome. Mona's C6 supes up her charge attack... which you pretty much never use. Tighnari and Dehya are different, in that their cons are almost all useful.

It kinda harks back to an early design that you see in Venti/Klee the standard banner characters where they thought people would be switching characters much less frequently than they do.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah most of the early constellations are pretty bad, it wasn't until around Eula that they got them figured out. Why is Albedo's C4 a buff for Xiao and literally no one else?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

Yeah most of the early constellations are pretty bad, it wasn't until around Eula that they got them figured out. Why is Albedo's C4 a buff for Xiao and literally no one else?

You mean you AREN'T plunge attacking from the sometimes despawning Albedovater?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Instead of being a slow boring platform that nobody ever intentionally uses in battle, Albedo's flower should be updated to work like bounceshrooms do. That would at least make plunge attacking from it ever so slightly more viable, and give it an actual purpose as a general mobility skill to boot.

#thingsthatwillneverhappen

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-154909
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-155799

Hu Tao and Ayaka figurines now up for preorder for those interested.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I've been enjoying 3EM Dehya a decent amount, wouldn't mind a C2. Burning damage isn't normally good, but when you're otherwise competing with Gouba by himself it's not so bad. And the overloads and burgeons are actually quite decent when they happen, even if you can't really rely on them as a primary damage source. On a few teams you end up making more blooms than what you can hyperbloom so it's a free ~30k damage now and then.

Pretty dece, might strongbox a 3EM tenacity set for extra utility if they add it to the strongbox.

Mailer posted:

There's a lot of comparisons where this would work and you picked the one (for freeze Ganyu) set where the 4-pc bonus is worth two of your artifacts. :v:

It's melt :(

Mailer posted:

The EoSF is definitely the best "I have nothing specific to do today" use of your time, though. Easily the most widely-used set. SE... not so much, but it'll be part of a lot of 18% ATK 2-pc builds so you'll still get some good bits.

Yeah, I dropped most of my on-paper "good" 4shime builds due to playability. But even then I spent most of 2.X shuffling like 10 shime/glad pieces between whoever I was using at the time, and I def would have been a bit sadder if those 18 Atk% had been healing bonus % from clam or whatever.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The grim realization that I've got a pretty decent chance of picking up Alhaitham BUT I've gotta do all the hangouts and finish the racism desert to do it. Or... do co-op cheevos :sigh:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Boogle posted:

I'd much rather get my first Dehya than Qiqi C3! I suppose after that it wouldnt matter, I'll never* use any of them

*Qiqi+Razor+2 was my team for the first like.. 6 months

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

lots of character notes

Jotting down notes on all of these. They're not my top eight units, necessarily, just the two requested plus a variety pack. Some individual bits:

* Won't Bennett be hurt by losing the Energy Recharge on weapon if I give him Rancour? As noted, he'll probably get a Sapwood Blade once I get solvent for a new one.

* I have absolutely no idea how anyone can maintain 100% burst uptime.

* Barbara needs better gear; she got what she has because I ran the Ocean Clam domain just enough to get four individual pieces. I'll go back for more.

* Sucrose needs a lot of things but she's about 11th on my to-do list to work on.

At present, my teams are going like this:

Main: Barbara / Kirara / Fischl / Jean. Great survivability, hyperbloom-capable, two sources of healing, 25k AoE burst damage from Barbara, works nearly everywhere.

Fun Team #1: Yae Miko / Fischl* / Bennett / Barbara. Overload / Electro-Charged, focus on Electro. I tried replacing Fischl with Beidou for some tankiness but didn't like the result; I then swapped her for Kirara and that's my work-in-progress.

Fun Team #2: Tighnari / Kirara / Xingqiu / Jean. Hunting mushrooms for spores without shocking them, and general tooling around. Still looking for the right fit for Tighnari. Tighnari / Yae / Kirara / Barbara might well be a better all-around team.

Also level 70 or higher: 90 Traveler, 80 Albedo, Beidou, Xiang, 70 Yoimiya, Klee, Yun Jin, Diona, Chong, Razor.

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 16, 2023

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Just chiming in to say that I finally leveled up Nahida and Xingqiu and put some mediocre artifacts on them to see what all the hyperbloom talk is about. Put those two together with Raiden and wow things die quickly. I always heard hyperbloom was good but I think I grossly underestimated just HOW good.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

delfin posted:

Jotting down notes on all of these. They're not my top eight units, necessarily, just the two requested plus a variety pack. Some individual bits:

* Won't Bennett be hurt by losing the Energy Recharge on weapon if I give him Rancour? As noted, he'll probably get a Sapwood Blade once I get solvent for a new one.

In Bennett's case you give him an ER sands and focus on it as a substat too. Atk% is nice to have because his damage isn't bad, but remember:
All that matters for his buff is the weapon. Atk%
does not help with it.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Excelzior posted:

I would actually prefer a Qiqi so I could work towards C6

still no Keqing somehow :shepicide:

C5 qiqi, still no Keqing bros :hfive:

I swear the game picks a random 5 star and decides you’ll never get it.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

delfin posted:

Bennet has some very specific tech you can use to get tons of energy coming in.

First of all, the cooldown on his E is cut in half while he's standing in his burst. He can swing his fire sword every 2.5 seconds, making a couple pyro particles every time. Also, 2.5 seconds is just enough time to switch to someone else, use their skill, then go back to Bennet. Mix in some normal attacks to trigger rainswords from Xingqui, and you've got a nice damage machine going.

Secondly, Bennet can charge his fire sword. He has level 2 and level 3 charge attacks. They aren't really worth using because they have higher cooldowns, but they do have the nice property of generating 3 pyro particles instead of 2. That is what you want to exploit. Begin a charge attack, but fail to reach level 2. You can do a regular level 1 fire sword, but because it was technically a charged attack, you get 3 pyro particles out of it. If you can keep that up, you're boosting his energy generation by 50%.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I still can't believe they messed up Dehya so bad they just abandoned her to the standard banner. It's like admitting you know Standard Banner characters stink.
Just crowned Tighnari because he's a quality 5* who I enjoy using.

delfin posted:

Fun Team #1: Yae Miko / Fischl* / Bennett / Barbara. Overload / Electro-Charged, focus on Electro. I tried replacing Fischl with Beidou for some tankiness but didn't like the result; I then swapped her for Kirara and that's my work-in-progress.
I have 160% ER on Yae Miko and sometimes she'll be like 75% charged on her 90 energy burst with 15s remaining on burst cooldown. She's not reliably bursting on CD in all situations but like you CAN do it. :shobon: Point being bursting on cooldown is easy to achieve when you have the right kind of and/or lots of particle generation. Bennett and Fischl are great at particle generation.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

It's melt :(

Then you're correct! I just thought it was funny that with all the possible sets where it would have been correct you picked Ganyu, who normally has the one set that's so broken normal logic doesn't apply. :)

delfin posted:

* Barbara needs better gear; she got what she has because I ran the Ocean Clam domain just enough to get four individual pieces. I'll go back for more.

Bennet wants all the ER to burst on cooldown. Usually you give him the Noblesse Oblige since he's a buffbot. His ATK buff doesn't scale with his weapon so you don't want Rancour.

Aside from Ganyu (I think she's it?) no one has permanent burst uptime, and she doesn't use it. What you want is to burst on cooldown, so Bennet will need to be fed 60 energy somehow every 15 seconds. Even then, in very few cases will you actually perfectly burst on cooldown rotation. The rules is if you're ever waiting on energy after your cooldown is up this is bad and you want to fix it.

Don't spend too much time on Babs. You've got Jean and she's awesome. You've got Bennet and he's Bennet. Jean can also use the clam set if you want, but she's better using the VV set eventually. Healers in Genshin are generally defined by what else they do. In Jean's case she tosses enemies around and provides buffing from the VV set. Barbara just has a water ring that makes you vulnerable to reactions.

delfin posted:

*team stuff*

You've got a lot of good characters. o_O

Yae Miko, Yoimiya, and Klee are all excellent "do big damage" carries. You've got Fischl and Albedo, both of which provide consequence-free extra aoe damage. You could run the oldschool Xiangling/Xingqui/Chongyun/Bennet team and pretty much wreck the whole overworld while also having characters who (except for Chong) remain team staples forever. Only two comments.

One is that you probably want a bit more narrow focus. An EC team is fine, and Overload+EC is fine (Overload+EC+Vaporize is like the most popular team) but you really need the characters+gear to make it work. Going for just EC (like Yae/Fischl/XQ/Barbara) or something where the whole team is all in will get you better results than spreading across all possible reactions.

The second is that you generally want a healer or a shielder to remove the need for a healer. The way the game is focused there's never a point where you need to tank and heal through it. The solution is always to kill faster and your healer (or shielder) is just there to cover incidental damage. This is why healers are defined by what else they can do - you generally aren't healing a whole lot.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Mailer posted:

Bennet wants all the ER to burst on cooldown. Usually you give him the Noblesse Oblige since he's a buffbot. His ATK buff doesn't scale with his weapon so you don't want Rancour.

Yes, it does. The base attack of his weapon matters, and that +his level are the only things under your control that affect it. It's why Mistsplitter and Aquila Favonia are his best weapons. They have the highest base attack of all swords.

Granted, Sapwood Blade is equal to Rancour in that respect so you should use Sapwood if it's a choice between those two.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

C5 qiqi, still no Keqing bros :hfive:

I swear the game picks a random 5 star and decides you’ll never get it.

Still no Keqing or Diluc on my end!

I swear Zhongli is also in the "you're not getting this one!" category for me. I've tried getting him on multiple banners, and every time I think I finally hit I pull a standard character instead

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Yuwe posted:

Yes, it does. The base attack of his weapon matters, and that +his level are the only things under your control that affect it. It's why Mistsplitter and Aquila Favonia are his best weapons. They have the highest base attack of all swords.

I somehow conflated the bonus ATK with base. This is what happens when you've had Festering Desire equipped for two years. :v:

I'd still give him an ER sword unless he's bursting on cooldown, but yeah. Derp.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
do we know or have a solid lead on the next banner?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Heizou :allears:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Anora posted:

do we know or have a solid lead on the next banner?
Eula + Klee, then Kokomi+Wanderer. Idk what the source is but no one seems to be arguing with it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Eula? That awful member of the Lawrence family? Actually getting a rerun :hehe:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

eula owns

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

UHD posted:

eula owns

I love my Eula, she was the first character I ever hyper invested in gearing out.

Just don't use her against anything with shields.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Mailer posted:

Don't spend too much time on Babs. You've got Jean and she's awesome. You've got Bennet and he's Bennet. Jean can also use the clam set if you want, but she's better using the VV set eventually. Healers in Genshin are generally defined by what else they do. In Jean's case she tosses enemies around and provides buffing from the VV set. Barbara just has a water ring that makes you vulnerable to reactions.

Barbara was a bench-rider for a very long time for me. Trust me, I know how good Jean is; she was my first 5*, my only 5* with a C1, and she's carried me through pretty much all of the overworld. I'm one of the last of the Jean enthusiasts.

Why Barbara popped into some teams of mine recently is simple:
1) Experimenting with hyperbloom teams that include resonance bonuses, which means Jean's Anemo is out unless I happen to be fighting in a pool of water.
2) Wanting Hydro coverage without using Xingqiu, and I only own two Hydro units overall.
3) Discovering that Clam makes Barbara's burst hit for 25K AOE.
4) Discovering that Barbara's ring + Kirara's box mode makes for massive bloom generation. And I use Kirara everywhere now.

quote:

You've got a lot of good characters. o_O

Yae Miko, Yoimiya, and Klee are all excellent "do big damage" carries. You've got Fischl and Albedo, both of which provide consequence-free extra aoe damage. You could run the oldschool Xiangling/Xingqui/Chongyun/Bennet team and pretty much wreck the whole overworld while also having characters who (except for Chong) remain team staples forever. Only two comments.

Well...

Yae, I dig, and she's now 80 and in heavy rotation. Fischl is C6 and my heaviest hitter. Albedo is a good space-filler for me, like when I need two teams for Abyss, but Geo's nonreactiveness makes it hard to me to find a more permanent place for him. Klee is just strange; I dig the idea of a pyromaniac giggling fire goblin, but her moveset is very eccentric, so usually she only comes out of storage when I have a specific need for fire.

I want to like Yoimiya more than I have so far, but (a) I need to dig up better gear for her and (b) I haven't found a reaction combination involving Pyro that seems practical. My Cryo coverage has been iffy (I didn't get Chong at all until the last banner, and I'm still working on him), and Overload is great on things that knockback from it and seems like a great way to die against enemies that don't.

quote:

One is that you probably want a bit more narrow focus. An EC team is fine, and Overload+EC is fine (Overload+EC+Vaporize is like the most popular team) but you really need the characters+gear to make it work. Going for just EC (like Yae/Fischl/XQ/Barbara) or something where the whole team is all in will get you better results than spreading across all possible reactions.

The second is that you generally want a healer or a shielder to remove the need for a healer. The way the game is focused there's never a point where you need to tank and heal through it. The solution is always to kill faster and your healer (or shielder) is just there to cover incidental damage. This is why healers are defined by what else they can do - you generally aren't healing a whole lot.

I figured I would get yelled at for having a base team (Barbara / Kirara / Fischl / Jean) with TWO healers. I absolutely take hits and heal, and that's another reason why I'm a Jean enthusiast; she can take a punch, return fire and blast a big team heal every third skill. This is also why Kirara is in super-heavy rotation for me; that shield of hers was a game-changer as soon as I got her.

Part of my reluctance to do Xiang/Xing/Bennett /x is that Bennett is only a conditional healer, and keeping Bennett alive has been the hardest part of using Bennett so far in my limited practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Barbara is legitimately a decent character. She does useful things and can hit comps. Her reputation took a massive hit during 1.0 for floor 12 related reasons but she can fulfill important needs in a post bloom world. Orbital hydro application is really good, and she's a catalyst, the main reason she's never a consideration for most people is that yelan and xingqiu are so overpowered.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 16, 2023