Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Stux i need you to think carefully about how you're representing team no-guides before showing build gameplay again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy moly I got the necro unique gloves that makes the corpse explosion a heat seeking ghost bomb and it loving rules. It doesn't really matter where the enemies are in relation to the corpses with this which is great.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

queeb posted:

necro may do a ton of damage but then you have to slow walk your rear end through the dungeon

I'm loving bone spear Necro but you're so right, I miss rogue when I'm slogging to the next pack

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Which ones are additive and which ones are multiplicative?

Googling for math has... conflicting results. Like I have a skill with 20% base LH. Now I have 47.1% LH boost and 12.5% LH with barrier. Does the boost/barrier stack additively and then multiply with the skill? Is it all multiplicative or additive? I've heard vulnerable damage multiplies with crit, which is why everyone stacks those, but the rest of the multipliers/additions I have nfi on.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I believe the [x] you see next to an affix's percentage with enhanced tooltips enabled means that it is multiplicative.

There's also this guide: https://maxroll.gg/d4/getting-started/damage-for-beginners

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Great news everyone.

I saw God was slain by something of the tar pits.

I really need to screen shot some of this stuff.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Swilo posted:

I believe the [x] you see next to an affix's percentage with enhanced tooltips enabled means that it is multiplicative.

Yeah, except the only indicator is the single 15%[+] LH on barrier aspect. The normal affixes and the profile tooltip aren't helpful. I suspect it's base * (all modifiers additive) which would, if I'm not absolutely terrible at math, give me ~38% assuming I have a barrier up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Hashy posted:

Stux i need you to think carefully about how you're representing team no-guides before showing build gameplay again

you will be turned into a flat disc with clown shoes sticking out when a grand piano falls onto your head tomorrow inshallah

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can you access the same account on both a console and PC?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Which ones are additive and which ones are multiplicative?

For affixes on your equipment (not including aspect powers), Main stat, Crit damage, damage to vulnerable enemies, and attack speed are all multipliers on your overall damage. +skill ranks to your main skill is also a big damage increase. Any other kind of damage such as +damage to cc'd enemies, or + damage to healthy enemies, or +damage with core skills etc is all additive. This sheet was made right before early access and as far as I know its still pretty accurate https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Om18GXa0BU7_hjLEKPt2915eWencDtR-SNS9WnVTEcs/htmlview#gid=0

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Are you not supposed to get the region rewards for each region?

I've done claim 1 and 2 on Fractured Peaks, but when I claimed claim 1 for Scosglen I didn't get the +1 skill point :saddowns:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

RCarr posted:

Can you access the same account on both a console and PC?

Yes but you have to buy the game for each platform.

PirateBob posted:

Are you not supposed to get the region rewards for each region?

I've done claim 1 and 2 on Fractured Peaks, but when I claimed claim 1 for Scosglen I didn't get the +1 skill point :saddowns:

You should have, they're all cumulative. Maybe try restarting the game?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
60-70 is such a grind, I'm slowly losing my will to even try to get to WT4

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

soscannonballs posted:

For affixes on your equipment (not including aspect powers), Main stat, Crit damage, damage to vulnerable enemies, and attack speed are all multipliers on your overall damage. +skill ranks to your main skill is also a big damage increase. Any other kind of damage such as +damage to cc'd enemies, or + damage to healthy enemies, or +damage with core skills etc is all additive. This sheet was made right before early access and as far as I know its still pretty accurate https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Om18GXa0BU7_hjLEKPt2915eWencDtR-SNS9WnVTEcs/htmlview#gid=0

Is vulnerable definitely multiplicative? I swear it had a + when I looked, not in front of the game to check.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
The Golem's stupidity broke me. Until they fix the minions nonexistent AI im switching to Barb

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Schwawa posted:

Is vulnerable definitely multiplicative? I swear it had a + when I looked, not in front of the game to check.

It has a + but its also multiplicative. The + and x symbols are mostly for aspects, passive skills, and paragon nodes/glyphs

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Stux posted:

you will be turned into a flat disc with clown shoes sticking out when a grand piano falls onto your head tomorrow inshallah

i bet you wish a grand piano would fall on your enemies when you're standing in their death pools chaining casts for 3% of their health pools

Schwawa posted:

yeah, I dont know why all the explanations on the internet are so confusing. In a nutshell it goes like this, before truly multiplicative damage sources

Damage = BaseDamage * (1+AD) * (1+0.2+VD) * (1*(1+0.05+CSC)*(1+0.5+CSD))

where AD is all the additive damage types like
+damage to close/distant
+damage to cc/slow/etc
+skill damage
+damage by type
+damage by other conditions
eg. if you have +30% damage to close enemies and 50% damage CCd to then AD = 0.8

and VD is the total of all +vulnerable damage

with CSC and CSD being critical strike chance and critical strike damage

This just means that the additive damage types have diminishing returns the more of them you have

e

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Vulnerable damage on gear being multiplicative seems really at odds with its numbers on gear. I would be really surprised if it stays that way, since it’s as common and comes in numbers as big as other, additive damage boosts. I always kind of thought that vulnerable itself is multiplicative, but damage to vulnerable is additive with damage to other status effects.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Shoenin posted:

The Golem's stupidity broke me. Until they fix the minions nonexistent AI im switching to Barb

They need more ways to control the minions, from focus targeting specific mobs to having mobs actually tank for you. Right now its a mess

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

explosivo posted:

Holy moly I got the necro unique gloves that makes the corpse explosion a heat seeking ghost bomb and it loving rules. It doesn't really matter where the enemies are in relation to the corpses with this which is great.

Yeah I'm rocking those for my bone spear build just because I refuse to use anything else. I love my little suicidal ghost bros screaming towards their new friends

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Swilo posted:

it's going to be the season of zombies as was repeated numerous times during their last stream

just an unending stream of those exploding bloated corpses that don't drop their loot until after you've moved on and they finally pop

Bring back Black Deaths

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Missionary Positron posted:

I got my build fully online by like lvl 55 and gave the WT4 capstone a shot, my dps was fine but I kept getting one shotted by any bigger hits because of the level difference, debating whether I want to chase some minor ilvl upgrades and grind xp until I can go to WT4 or just switch to another character

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Hashy posted:

i bet you wish a grand piano would fall on your enemies when you're standing in their death pools chaining casts for 3% of their health pools

yeah, I dont know why all the explanations on the internet are so confusing. In a nutshell it goes like this, before truly multiplicative damage sources

Damage = BaseDamage * (1+AD) * (1+0.2+VD) * (1*(1+0.05+CSC)*(1+0.5+CSD))

where AD is all the additive damage types like
+damage to close/distant
+damage to cc/slow/etc
+skill damage
+damage by type
+damage by other conditions
eg. if you have +30% damage to close enemies and 50% damage CCd to then AD = 0.8

and VD is the total of all +vulnerable damage

with CSC and CSD being critical strike chance and critical strike damage

This just means that the additive damage types have diminishing returns the more of them you have

e

Right interesting. That all makes much more sense!

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Now I've got all the renown and statues and pretty much just doing nightmare dungeons, the need to run to each one really starts to get boring quickly. Also some of the running around and backtracking within dungeons starts to seem really really pointless when the game at this point really should be about killing efficiency. I really think they will implement some form of rift system sooner or later with just a much simpler dungeon design.

However I think the paragon board is one of the best endgame progression systems I've seen in a game. Combined with the extremely polished gameplay I think if they get one more dungeon system going with high mob density this could be a fantastic endgame game. Right now though nightmares are still a tad annoying.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
who was the genius that decided you should only be able to do 7 different dungeons until blizzard can be bothered to press f5 on the list

not that the other 200 are that different

Qubee
May 31, 2013

If I don't loot dropped items, do they get lost forever? Half the time, clicking the items on the ground haphazardly isn't an effort I can be bothered expending. So I wanted to know if it gets automatically picked up if I continue walking on. I also don't want to walk backwards to grab a small bag of gold.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Qubee posted:

If I don't loot dropped items, do they get lost forever? Half the time, clicking the items on the ground haphazardly isn't an effort I can be bothered expending. So I wanted to know if it gets automatically picked up if I continue walking on. I also don't want to walk backwards to grab a small bag of gold.

If you miss Legendary / Uniques, they seem to go into a recovery tab.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

boredsatellite posted:

They need more ways to control the minions, from focus targeting specific mobs to having mobs actually tank for you. Right now its a mess

I dont even need that, just have the stupid sons of bitches attack what's next to them, instead of attacking god knows what.
Instead the big dumb bastard takes forever to get to where I want him to slam, then bails somewhere to attack some shmuck a mile away instead of the Fire enchanted guy in front of him. He also gets stuck in corners or even just mid air. It's frustrating.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Qubee posted:

I still wish diablo would've adopted the loot ring system from sacred 2 in some form

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Sadly with these AI issues, even if minions were good, they would feel horrible to play with cause of the reasons you pointed out.

Hilarious that minion necro feels so terrible to play honestly. You would think being necro and all Blizz would have focused on the minions more

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Is anyone having success with a brawler style barbarian in WT3? I'm having great fun with a build that utilises the aspect of perpetual stomping to allow me to bounce around between enemies, applying bleeding with rend, using kick to get elites out of my face while applying vulnerable, then leaping again, while dropping earthquakes all the time too.
I'm just wondering this will be viable once I complete the campaign, or if I should start collecting pieces/aspects for a more defensive strategy.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Marshal Plugnut posted:

Is anyone having success with a brawler style barbarian in WT3? I'm having great fun with a build that utilises the aspect of perpetual stomping to allow me to bounce around between enemies, applying bleeding with rend, using kick to get elites out of my face while applying vulnerable, then leaping again, while dropping earthquakes all the time too.
I'm just wondering this will be viable once I complete the campaign, or if I should start collecting pieces/aspects for a more defensive strategy.

leapquake works great with hota, you're getting 15% dr and 15%x damage from the quakes, which isn't nothing, plus the free aoe damage, and the constant leap refreshes give it insane mobility, and allow keeping berserk up essentially permanently just from kick and leap usage, plus one of the eq aspects uses a defensive instead of an offensive slot, which is nice

there might be some meme build that uses the bonus damage to leap/charge aspect, but I haven't looked into it too closely

really I have no clue what charge is for rn, there's no aspect support, and I don't think any other gear or paragon support for it either

weirdly there's also no Brawling allskills on amulets, only weapon master and defense skills, so you can't push them to 11 (lol), and the only brawling skill support is war cry on pants, nothing for kick/leap/charge - I expect they'll see updates down the road

the only awkward bit I don't love about it is kick, you're forced to either deal with the knockback (which isn't too bad given leap), but it has counter-synergy with the emplaced earthquakes, and doesn't play well with parties - but if you choose to take power kick, you fury dump every time you reset leap, which isn't ideal either

I'm not sure it's the Best Form of hota for climbing nightmare, but it'll easily take you through wt4 and into early sigils, and the mobility feels great for hopping around the world smashing everything - you can also run a berserk fury ring for constant fury regen, and depending on your other gear, you may or may not want an Umbral ring for the other slot, you can possibly use another offensive aspect there depending on how your fury gen feels

(fwiw I've gone through bleed/double swing/hota, working on upheaval now, I think if I was going to take any build as a fresh S1 starter, it'd be hota or double swing)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
why do nightmare sigils require you to be in a particular WT? It's instanced content! just put a check to make sure you've unlocked the level of WT you need!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Missionary Positron posted:

I don't disagree, it's pretty raw. FWIW 68 is plenty for the WT3 Capstone. Presuming decent gear, the final boss is engaging but is no longer a one-hit-KO machine

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

victrix posted:

leapquake works great with hota, you're getting 15% dr and 15%x damage from the quakes, which isn't nothing, plus the free aoe damage, and the constant leap refreshes give it insane mobility, and allow keeping berserk up essentially permanently just from kick and leap usage, plus one of the eq aspects uses a defensive instead of an offensive slot, which is nice

there might be some meme build that uses the bonus damage to leap/charge aspect, but I haven't looked into it too closely

really I have no clue what charge is for rn, there's no aspect support, and I don't think any other gear or paragon support for it either

weirdly there's also no Brawling allskills on amulets, only weapon master and defense skills, so you can't push them to 11 (lol), and the only brawling skill support is war cry on pants, nothing for kick/leap/charge - I expect they'll see updates down the road

the only awkward bit I don't love about it is kick, you're forced to either deal with the knockback (which isn't too bad given leap), but it has counter-synergy with the emplaced earthquakes, and doesn't play well with parties - but if you choose to take power kick, you fury dump every time you reset leap, which isn't ideal either

I'm not sure it's the Best Form of hota for climbing nightmare, but it'll easily take you through wt4 and into early sigils, and the mobility feels great for hopping around the world smashing everything - you can also run a berserk fury ring for constant fury regen, and depending on your other gear, you may or may not want an Umbral ring for the other slot, you can possibly use another offensive aspect there depending on how your fury gen feels

(fwiw I've gone through bleed/double swing/hota, working on upheaval now, I think if I was going to take any build as a fresh S1 starter, it'd be hota or double swing)

Good advice, cheers! I agree with you that kick seems a bit counter intuitive with regards to the earthquakes, but it seems to be very useful for battlefield control- you can punt a dangerous elite to the other side of the screen to buy breathing room to build fury from killing adds etc.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder if this stacks with the aspect that causes your nova to echo or if your minions only get one

Pages back but no, it doesn't. It triggers off surge cast only. It does, however, trigger overpower on every minion nova when you overpower

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I finally found an Aspect of Shockwave and stuck it on a big two-hander.

My life is different now.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

boredsatellite posted:

Sadly with these AI issues, even if minions were good, they would feel horrible to play with cause of the reasons you pointed out.

Hilarious that minion necro feels so terrible to play honestly. You would think being necro and all Blizz would have focused on the minions more

There's huge room for improvement in the pathfinding in general. If/when they make the path algorithm better for minions, it'll trickle down to player pathing too. Would be nice to click around a corner and walk there instead of into a wall, or have the GPS recognize that a route past a climbing point is faster than through it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Donnerberg posted:

There's huge room for improvement in the pathfinding in general. If/when they make the path algorithm better for minions, it'll trickle down to player pathing too. Would be nice to click around a corner and walk there instead of into a wall, or have the GPS recognize that a route past a climbing point is faster than through it.

I’d settle for ranged elites to not backstep/dodge infinitely to the point they leash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Did the Necro capstone at 61 and died to the boss like 50 times, but eventually beat it. Pretty bullshit fight for Necro who has no mobility. Felt like a POE boss fight, ugh. T4 was too hard so I tried to focus my build a little bit. It got worse. I decided to reroll another class, a rogue. Picked some skills and then opened the map. Saw it was completely blank and unexplored, so I closed the game. Lol