Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Telsa Cola posted:

No, the complaint is that posters in this thread have posted extremely heinous takes and a slurs, and their defense for doing so basically boils down to combination of they started it, its not really a real slur, man, or some other stupid bullshit.

That post in particular wasn't the worst one, but I'm just loving of tired seeing poo poo like that because it's 100% the type of language that gets leveraged at minorities.

Which post specifically are you upset about? Who said the forbidden word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

steinrokkan posted:

Army strongmen "prestige" units is such an embarrassing sign that you are dealing with a broken dictatorship stuck in the 19th century. Good job, your palace guards can wrestle, but to be honestmy precision guided missile isn't impressed.

I didn't say it was a good idea. :D

E: Maybe it actually works on other dictators and their inner circle, if they share similar tastes in pointless macho posturing?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

people cheering petr pavel's dumbass hot takes about surveilling russians certainly weren't helping things.

dude has been relatively good so far, so it's been a perplexing own goal to say the least.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

mobby_6kl posted:

Viller posted:

War is gross and you still champion it like its sunday night football.

Nothing should be off the table to demoralise Russians, simple as that. Better then gathering em in ghettos, I guess

This is an extremely gross post. It doesn't have to have the slur in it to be a gross post.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tai posted:

I don't understand.

Why are a bunch of steroid pumped men bending metal at an economics convention?

Much like Nazi Germany, Fascist Russia is obssessed with displays of masculine strength as a form of demonstrating their power to themselves, and anyone watching.

Also much like Nazy Germany, Fascist Russia is completely unaware of how deeply homoerotic it all is.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Telsa Cola posted:

This is an extremely gross post. It doesn't have to have the slur in it to be a gross post.
You explicitly complained about posters using slurs though:

quote:

... and a slurs, and their defense for doing so basically boils down to combination of they started it, its not really a real slur, man, or some other stupid bullshit.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

Much like Nazi Germany, Fascist Russia is obssessed with displays of masculine strength as a form of demonstrating their power to themselves, and anyone watching.

Also much like Nazy Germany, Fascist Russia is completely unaware of how deeply homoerotic it all is.

rohm was gay as gently caress before they stabbed him

its a pretty consistent weird thing that happens

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Telsa Cola posted:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

mobby_6kl posted:

You explicitly complained about posters using slurs though:

Yes, because there was that whole long back and forth awhile ago about if orc constitutes a slur or not and even if it was whether or not it was appropriate to use it because the Russians are the clear cut bad guys in this conflict.

Did it happen recently, no, but it still happend and was still hosed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Why did getting stabbed make him straight

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

hypocracy is historically a feature of totalitarian regimes regardless of era or location. the elite are allowed to be gay, or live in london, or go to swiss boarding schools, because the official stance is mostly just a way to wield power and as a cudgel against the populace or members of the regime who fall out of favor, such as nikolai yezhov.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

steinrokkan posted:

Why did getting stabbed make him straight

Guess it's one way to find out you don't like getting penetrated, but other options are still open.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes, because there was that whole long back and forth awhile ago about if orc constitutes a slur or not and even if it was whether or not it was appropriate to use it because the Russians are the clear cut bad guys in this conflict.

Did it happen recently, no, but it still happend and was still hosed.
That's been settled though no? How long are you going to keep bringing it up?

Also, what's your opinion on stuff like this?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/05/motorcade-of-shame-outrage-over-pro-russia-displays-at-berlin-rally

Free expression of protected minority rights?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Telsa Cola posted:

Agreed it was gross. I read it, went to breakfast, and it still bothered me.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Telsa Cola posted:

Yeah it was. And in response I and others reported it.

I think its worth noting though that 1) it felt like a drive-by as I'm not sure Villar posts here much, and 2) multiple people who do, publically called out the comments as being terrible.

So whilst I still think it warrants mod action, it didn't get any support and was publically called out as awful poo poo.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1669700465880186880
So is that why POCCNR kept taking multiple angle pics of the same losses?

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

NoiseAnnoys posted:

people cheering petr pavel's dumbass hot takes about surveilling russians certainly weren't helping things.

dude has been relatively good so far, so it's been a perplexing own goal to say the least.
From the perspective of someone who has to deal with immigration a lot, all the pearl clutching about not letting Russian citizens freely travel or making them deal with visa restrictions is pretty gross too.

It really does read like "how dare you treat citizens of a belligerent European country like they're from Africa or India".

The Czechs aren't exactly threatening to throw boatloads of Russians into the med.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1669700465880186880
So is that why POCCNR kept taking multiple angle pics of the same losses?

To be fair, he DID say “this is a fact”.

Putin is a piece of poo poo.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

RDM posted:

From the perspective of someone who has to deal with immigration a lot, all the pearl clutching about not letting Russian citizens freely travel or making them deal with visa restrictions is pretty gross too.

It really does read like "how dare you treat citizens of a belligerent European country like they're from Africa or India".

The Czechs aren't exactly threatening to throw boatloads of Russians into the med.

my man, i am here in the czech republic, as a slovak-speaking american who has spent a lot of time dealing with the ministry of the interior for friends and family. the ministry loving sucks, it's gross and abusive and horrible, and there's a lot of russian citizens here who have been here for a long-time, not supporting the government, who are not at all responsible for any of this. visa restrictions are already in place.

plus you have things like the legacy of terezin, bory, and the various different concentration camps and surveilling of undesirables here. it's gross and it was a dumb thing to say. and i like pavel!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Grandpa fighting shadows

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1669702209968173057?t=1AQbLFJ-3iz3bo2eB_1Fsg&s=19

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
His best friend Kadyrov (awarded hero of Russia) has on multiple occasions publically called for the execution of all Jews, by the way. Jews are not allowed to enter that whole part of Russia. He should ask his imaginary Jewish friends about that.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 16, 2023

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

zone posted:

POCCNR

do you think that you're owning russia by writing the country name like this

this is lamer than when wine moms on twitter were trying to own Trump by writing his last name as "tRump"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I call heads of state fake Jews this will garner International support for my war

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

RottenK posted:

do you think that you're owning russia by writing the country name like this

this is lamer than when wine moms on twitter were trying to own Trump by writing his last name as "tRump"

What the actual gently caress? Goons have been mangling Trump's name for years and you're now offended by it because Russia the country is being disrespected? You come across as the worst tankie ever.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I call heads of state fake Jews this will garner International support for my war

UAE representatives probably approvingly nodded

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

No True Jewsman

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

anonumos posted:

What the actual gently caress? Goons have been mangling Trump's name for years and you're now offended by it because Russia the country is being disrespected? You come across as the worst tankie ever.

goons have been insulting russia this whole thread and also the entire previous thread and I never complained about it because there's nothing wrong with doing that. zone specifically is just making me experience secondhand embarassment with their posts

lmao at calling me a tankie because i called something a lame insult

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Actually Russia is the lost 13th tribe so they should be In control of Jerusalem. It is their blood rite

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I can't be an antisemitic piece of poo poo. Some of my best friends are Jewish!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I saw zelensky eat a sausage once

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I’m half Jewish but I hate Putin with all my heart because it’s only right

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"I know so many Joes. They tell me Joe Biden is no Joe. He is a disgrace to Joes"

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Putin has no friends.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Adolph Hitler and Volodymyr Zelenskyy were in the WEF NATO masonic headquarters making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I hope this aimless rant is still going for hours.

"...and another thing, Radiohead shouldn't have stopped playing Creep. I missed my last bus waiting for them to play it as an encore but it was some oonce oonce chav poo poo from Kid A"

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

anonumos posted:

i dont think its offensive i think its just hella dumb when people are like "drumpf" and "poot poot"

at least come up with some puns or trump-level nicknames

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
look, i got nothing against Carthage, some of my best friends are Carthaginian

anyways Carthago delenda est

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

OctaMurk posted:

i dont think its offensive i think its just hella dumb when people are like "drumpf" and "poot poot"

at least come up with some puns or trump-level nicknames
I think the kids call it “cringe”.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Hey it must be the weekend, bunch of randos and one-off posters in here tilting at windmills

To me a bunch of arguments are stupid on their face, like calling things critical of Russian citizens "racist". It's like calling someone talking poo poo about Americans a racist

Not even Pavel is talking about ethnic Russians, it doesn't make any sense to conflate those things. You can disagree that anyone running around with a Russian passport should be monitored, but it's not the same thing and frankly it's buying into the myth that the Russian Federation sells (when it's convenient - otherwise you better drat well believe that some guy from St. Petersburg considers themselves different than someone from Bashkortostan who speaks Bashkir/Tatar etc. etc.)

Victis fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

RottenK has posted in every iteration of the GBS Ukraine thread, just rarely. Stop calling posters tankies. Chill out guys.