Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
It's real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2ap0m6fGk

It's real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJSM46nWwo

It's real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lmao, the cops installed a camera on top of the house in case the forklift certified aliens come back

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can’t blame that kid for trying to bootstrap internet fame and escape poverty/Las Vegas.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Something not instantly explained?

ALIENS!!!!!!

Until it’s discovered what they are and the dorks move on to the next thing never learning anything.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Extra row of tits posted:

Something not instantly explained?

ALIENS!!!!!!

Until it’s discovered what they are and the dorks move on to the next thing never learning anything.

Just because the last 200 guys were all crackpots doesn't mean we should be skeptical about this guy!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I bet a bunch of aliens are maxing "we abducted a HUMAN" hoax videos too

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

deep dish peat moss posted:

I bet a bunch of aliens are maxing "we abducted a HUMAN" hoax videos too

Yoooo, we're here at the Holiday Inn here in Paramas! We've just met a woman at the bar and she's coming up to our suite! Little does she know that she's not entering a room but it's actually a spacecraft!

naem
May 29, 2011

if the government had recovered alien ships with faster than light travel, fusion energy, ray guns, or antigravity saucer technology, why would they not just use it?

like cover up the source and pretend you invented it but it would be worth SO MUCH money

every ford f150 would be a hover car by now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Because they can't figure it out

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
aliens please, which is better, Texas Hold Em, or Blackjack?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

GABA ghoul posted:

Lmao, the cops installed a camera on top of the house in case the forklift certified aliens come back

Finally police did something reasonable with their time

these guys make a better Fox Mulder than peace officer, am i right folks?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

Because they can't figure it out
They should stop just fiddling about, suck it up and just read the loving manual already.
Like just do it, no ones going to judge you alien technology research people.

(I lie. If they can't figure it out without reading the manual I'm totally going to be judging them).

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

naem posted:

if the government had recovered alien ships with faster than light travel, fusion energy, ray guns, or antigravity saucer technology, why would they not just use it?

like cover up the source and pretend you invented it but it would be worth SO MUCH money

I think the common explanation is the recovered alien knowledge/technology has too many potential pathways to dangerous outcomes, and is therefore a risk to be let out to the general public. Something akin to given every person their own nuclear bomb kind of risk...

Pretty foolproof answer...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

UFO dez nutz

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Interesting; these very links you've posted seem to indicate otherwise?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

DandyLion posted:

I think the common explanation is the recovered alien knowledge/technology has too many potential pathways to dangerous outcomes, and is therefore a risk to be let out to the general public. Something akin to given every person their own nuclear bomb kind of risk...

Pretty foolproof answer...

if it has so many potential pathways/problems, how did it get widely enough adopted to be used by ETs anyway?

the whole sad thing about this stuff is, i would love there to be honest to goodness proof of extraterrestrial life and ftl technologies in my lifetime. i get bummed thinking about how unlikely that is.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The whistleblower thing was all about the allegation the government has anomolous materials they dont know how to use, and they've been sitting on them for decades at this point. So they should be made public so humanity can figure out how to use them

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

NoiseAnnoys posted:

if it has so many potential pathways/problems, how did it get widely enough adopted to be used by ETs anyway?

the whole sad thing about this stuff is, i would love there to be honest to goodness proof of extraterrestrial life and ftl technologies in my lifetime. i get bummed thinking about how unlikely that is.

Yeah just like with much of the fun things in life you have to purposefully suspend disbelief to enjoy it (like a magician's show).

The explanation for why the aliens can have/use it and we can't is because they're not mentally unstable violently self destructive apes.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Some guy has a theory that most of the drone-like anomolies are actually a high-altitude global defense network the aliens have installed to protect us from ourselves (and other threats, presumably); and they're often spotted in greater frequency near nuclear installations. The idea being they triangulate danger and shoot an invisible deus ex kinda beam at it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pontificating rear end posted:

Some guy has a theory that most of the drone-like anomolies are actually a high-altitude global defense network the aliens have installed to protect us from ourselves (and other threats, presumably); and they're often spotted in greater frequency near nuclear installations. The idea being they triangulate danger and shoot an invisible deus ex kinda beam at it

least believable part so far imo, they seem to be doing a piss-poor job of it

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
we've never blown ourselves up with nukes tho despite the fact we should have

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

should we have? it seems like when it came down to it it's some human here or there not doing what they're supposed to and thats why there wasn't

global
thermo
nuclear
war

not aliens

Nov 6, 2002

just lol if you believe even 5% of this

Nov 6, 2002

i have a rock that keeps tigers away too

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
ah yes, humanity, the thing that aliens would totally want to keep alive and achieve space travel with our very peaceful and non-aggressive tendencies

or is it the orcas?????

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pW2vvPHOpA

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

OMFG FURRY posted:

ah yes, humanity, the thing that aliens would totally want to keep alive and achieve space travel with our very peaceful and non-aggressive tendencies

Welp if they wanted to kill us they would. The Earth is the resource to protect

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

lol I haven't seen this in like a decade

like finding a lost but cherished blanket from my childhood

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would just punch them in the face and say "welcome to earth bitch"

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I would just punch them in the face and say "welcome to earth bitch"

jason the cat says "salame", bitch!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

just lol if you believe even 5% of this

I only believe in 4% of it :smug:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Aliens might want human shock troops against the hated Ilwrath.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

naem posted:

We didn't catch any of that stuff. So far the only alien tech we have managed to get working was smart phones. Those were probably a prank they gave us on purpose.

Twitter is the great filter.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Facebook Aunt posted:

We didn't catch any of that stuff. So far the only alien tech we have managed to get working was smart phones. Those were probably a prank they gave us on purpose.

Twitter is the great filter.
Concerning

FF14 warned us

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

the name's Danger. Triangulate Danger

edit: a lovely edit for you, doesn't work like I wanted it to but I give up

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I guess they don’t give a poo poo that the psychotic apes there are cooking every Earth species into extinction by obliviously burning a huge supply hydrocarbons.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I just want to advocate for liking Bob Lazar and all the others. You can do this by living in a 1990s haze of old art Bell shows. It's really fun, you hear Stephen greer say something and you think "this guy knows the truth!"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Aliens? This is Trump again. The President Trump. Can you hear me? *looks at defense secretary* Is this on? Can they hear me? *defense secretary nods* ALIENS? This is Trump, the president. CAN YOU HEAR ME? I don't think this thing is on. Hello? What do you want from us, aliens? Do you come in peace? *looks.at defense secretary* I don't think it's on.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i choose to believe in the alien mobile construction vehicle that lives in the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like that guy who kept posting about Gina II and the bowls of salt.