Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Avalerion posted:

I don't think you actually need to pvp. Just don't tag up and you can farm there and do the quests still, I was able to do that last night.
Bloodmarked or not, anyone else who did bloodmark can take you out. How often this might happen to you heavily depends on the instance you're currently in and whether or not there are any bullies in there. I've had nice empty instances and also hilarious bloodbaths where the second you start purification a 4 man death squad swoops in to kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I知 going item guides/build guides free as a casual elder millennial gamer and having fun with barb. But I wonder if anyone has a quick idea how I can optimize or declutter my current build of

Flurry or lunge
WW
Taunt
Leap
Chains
Iron maelstrom

Really just getting rage, getting bad bois into a pile and spinning to win.

I feel single target weak and I知 not sure I need chains, leap with the quake imprint is fun though.

I wrote all this but I feel like maybe I値l just check a guide, :cheerdoge:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

It's cool how this thread has helltides when the imp zone probations run out, but instead of getting a cool axe you're rewarded with nothing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

I知 going item guides/build guides free as a casual elder millennial gamer and having fun with barb. But I wonder if anyone has a quick idea how I can optimize or declutter my current build of

Flurry or lunge
WW
Taunt
Leap
Chains
Iron maelstrom

Really just getting rage, getting bad bois into a pile and spinning to win.

I feel single target weak and I知 not sure I need chains, leap with the quake imprint is fun though.

I wrote all this but I feel like maybe I値l just check a guide, :cheerdoge:

The easiest and cheapest tweak is probably just to dump chains and get rallying cry.

If you want to being a super optimized robot, then you can gear up so that you get most of your rage from whirlwind, dump all damage skills except WW and get all the shouts/Wrath of the Berserker/Iron Skin.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hoshi posted:

Is the loot from pvp areas pvp-specific?

I don't think so, but also helltides are different from pvp areas. They're pve areas with a time limit.

quote:

I知 looking to break into wt4! Got into wt3 at like level 43 with no real gear considerations so this feels like a big step up

This was clarified later, but yeah 59 is kind of low for a level 73 dungeon. If you haven't been upgrading or adding aspects then you're probably at a place where you'll get slaughtered in there. You don't need a mountain of paragon or super minmaxed gear but they kind of require you to at least have some upgraded legendary gear.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Black Griffon posted:

It's cool how this thread has helltides when the imp zone probations run out, but instead of getting a cool axe you're rewarded with nothing.

grown rear end man crying like this

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

SettingSun posted:

Bloodmarked or not, anyone else who did bloodmark can take you out. How often this might happen to you heavily depends on the instance you're currently in and whether or not there are any bullies in there. I've had nice empty instances and also hilarious bloodbaths where the second you start purification a 4 man death squad swoops in to kill you.

The good part, though, is that all you lose are your blood shards. Any gear you've ground up murdering monsters is still yours. As an added bonus, there are frequently whispers objectives in there and some of them are pretty high value. There's a roaming boss that's pretty easy to solo that's worth 5, for example. Whispers aren't amazing but as a passive add-on they are pretty sweet.

edit: I think there's usually one for extracting that is also worth like 2 or 3 whispers. If you kill that boss then hit an extract with whatever shards you've got you can get pretty close to filling your whispers quota, all for about five minutes of effort. And if you get ganked whatever, slap some random mobs around until you get 30 shards and get the extract with that, your five minutes of effort turned into ten.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

grown rear end man crying like this

You guys get apoplectic if someone has a normal conversation without calling each other the r-word itt so that's a mirror, and I'm not a man. :)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Black Griffon posted:

You guys get apoplectic if someone has a normal conversation without calling each other the r-word itt so that's a mirror, and I'm not a man. :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This one joke you guys have is really funny you should keep doing it.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

explosivo posted:

This one joke you guys have is really funny you should keep doing it.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Stux posted:

its built to stand in melee range of nm dungeon elites and not lose health and even tank through hard cc. do you need it explained to you like youre a child because you cannot understand things without a 10 minute long youtube build guide, or are u able to think about what the builds do differently and why someone might pick one over the other

why would you need to stand there and tank when you can just throw a bonespear and kill them all?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

madstrike posted:

why would you need to stand there and tank when you can just throw a bonespear and kill them all?
Because they池e not a bonespear Necro OP.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Why are you having fun when you could be more efficient?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Doomykins posted:

Why are you having fun when you could be more efficient?

I often wonder this myself.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
new df video with some demonstrations and suggestions for turning down graphics to improve performance. turning down ssao from max to med is the simplest one (12% difference) because of how dark the game is. textures on high too

screenspace reflections also take down performance a bunch, which probably isn't necessary unless you're running around a lot of water and shiny metal. more interstingly, most settings don't seem to have any performance impact, which makes it curious that there's a setting there in the first place?

also proves what we already know which is that the vram usage is pretty abnormal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rl6sFoeOSU

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

hit like 63 on my necro, got a few wt4 items but pretty burned out on that grind. thoughts on other classes I've gotten to around 20:

- hammer of the ancients barb is super fun, just yelling and smashing poo poo is great
- upheaval barb is good aoe damage, it feels weird though since you have to move a little bit to get everyone in your frontal cone and there's a weird delay windup on the attack. still getting used to it, think I like hammer better.
- what's up with the slow rear end whirlwind animation
- chain lightning sorc is fun, not a big fan of getting up close with arc lash but with ice armor and frost nova I guess it's fine
- bear and wolf druid feel slow and clunky, earth druid rules however except that you need those 2 aspects that are drop only
- melee rogue is super fun but not sure I have enough coffee to maintain that lifestyle

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Doomykins posted:

Alright figured out the cheesiest multi-hits from this Lightning Sorc build.

Ice Armor(Barrier for +20% lucky hit with Barriers up)
Swapped Hydra to Fire Armor(It was this or ice blades and ice blades just feel super anemic and limp animations, so nice AoE buzzsaw multi-hits + immunity is satisfying)
Lightning Spear(crits/stuns everywhere, crit on stun passive)
Unstable(zap)

Left click Spark(make crackles passive, 4 tics of stacking crit until crit chance)
Right click CL(crits make crackles)

Key passive Overflowing Energy
All the passives for Lightning builds crit, stuns, damages on stun. Passive for +Barrier on CD use.
Enchants CL(+1 CL auto-cast per 3 CLs) and Arc Lash(melee stun pulse on CD use)

Already got 22.8% base lucky hit and 18.9% Cooldown Reduction at level 37 and using the 1-2 good early aspects I got and a bunch of utility codex aspects. Just stuns, crits, free crackles everywhere, aoe pulses and bouncing lightning everywhere, boss stagger bars zip up and already half time CD on my Unstable Currents. Zap zap fast attack multi-hit go brrrrrrrrr. Popping Unstable + Ice and seeing your barrier slam to 100% and never drop is great too.

Casting CL 3 times during Unstable with CL enchant is amazing. 3 CLs, +1, +4 random Shock spells of Ball, Chain, Spear or Charged Bolts. Do this standing on top of elites/bosses and they melt. UNLIMITED POWAAHHHHHH

I'm interested in trying other builds out but I'm leveling slowly and steadily again so it's up to whatever the game wants to drop for me especially when I am eligible for uniques and get back to WT3.

you're better off swapping arc lash enchant for fireball enchant, it makes groups a critical mass of which stunned minion explodes first which triggers the rest with a stun damage amped fireball explosion. Essentially you have enough stun with CL/Spear passively on their own to not need it. One issue with a stun build with CL is CL's damage is fairly anemic if things aren't stunned, so the popping effect of fireball helps out. On bosses, typically its a mid-pace until it gets posture broke and then with the massive +stun damage you can pop unstable and empty out their bar before they recover

Sloober fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 16, 2023

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Black Griffon posted:

stfu

Shredder posted:

hit like 63 on my necro, got a few wt4 items but pretty burned out on that grind. thoughts on other classes I've gotten to around 20:

- hammer of the ancients barb is super fun, just yelling and smashing poo poo is great
- upheaval barb is good aoe damage, it feels weird though since you have to move a little bit to get everyone in your frontal cone and there's a weird delay windup on the attack. still getting used to it, think I like hammer better.
- what's up with the slow rear end whirlwind animation
- chain lightning sorc is fun, not a big fan of getting up close with arc lash but with ice armor and frost nova I guess it's fine
- bear and wolf druid feel slow and clunky, earth druid rules however except that you need those 2 aspects that are drop only
- melee rogue is super fun but not sure I have enough coffee to maintain that lifestyle

all variations of bear and wolf take a bit to come online but once they do they are incredibly fast and fluid. my 2nd char is a Stormwolf and it's already melting poo poo

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
Figured out my issue with town portals in groups. I'm playing crossplay with a buddy, he's on PS5 and I'm PC. Something with his privacy settings is making it so he appears offline. He can send me invites and we can group, but I can't see him in the social tab to do the same. When we group together, he doesn't generate a town portal at all and we have to use way points and walk the rest of the way to group up. Very weird. That was the first group I'd ever done, so I assumed the game just had no TP-to-party functionality. Every other group since has worked fine.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Slowly farming ancestral gear for the first upgrades I致e made since like level 45 and I知 about to make a txt document to sort out which aspects I want to include on which pieces of gear. Itemization has been really engaging for me personally, and each aspect seems important to really get the most out of your stuff.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Nothing is more important than level 15+ (ideally you want level 21) on each Glyph you will use. The bonuses for an expanded radius is insane

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sloober posted:

you're better off swapping arc lash enchant for fireball enchant, it makes groups a critical mass of which stunned minion explodes first which triggers the rest with a stun damage amped fireball explosion. Essentially you have enough stun with CL/Spear passively on their own to not need it. One issue with a stun build with CL is CL's damage is fairly anemic if things aren't stunned, so the popping effect of fireball helps out. On bosses, typically its a mid-pace until it gets posture broke and then with the massive +stun damage you can pop unstable and empty out their bar before they recover

I'll give it a whirl. I enjoy the Arc Enchant stun a lot because it procs building(or delivering) crits, it leaves them weakened after the stun for my own passive DR, every lightning stun I do has a damage spike attached to it that hits decently for a passive proc and I've got four CDs that are activating the arc Enchant constantly. The soft control of multiple interruptions and short stuns feels great too, especially for jerks like Revenants.

I'm not sure I actually have that much yet that applies extra damage to the stunned, maybe a +30% from equipment passives.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

kliras posted:

new df video with some demonstrations and suggestions for turning down graphics to improve performance. turning down ssao from max to med is the simplest one (12% difference) because of how dark the game is. textures on high too

screenspace reflections also take down performance a bunch, which probably isn't necessary unless you're running around a lot of water and shiny metal. more interstingly, most settings don't seem to have any performance impact, which makes it curious that there's a setting there in the first place?

also proves what we already know which is that the vram usage is pretty abnormal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rl6sFoeOSU

Seconding this I was having odd and intermittent stutters that I thought were part of the servers melting down. Turns out the vram in my 2080 was getting loving hammered (1440). Turning texture quality down to high eliminated it with basically no impact on how it looks.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I wonder what is going to be said about what exactly a Diablo 4 season entails in a couple of hours.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Kinda burned out on my Necro not feeling like a Necro after going back to D2 and D3 to compare.

Are there any other classes that are fun from the getgo and stay fun and easy through the higher tiers without having to worry about rebuilding mana every two seconds?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hopefully that none of the map or renown carry over. :twisted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

madstrike posted:

because thats what i want to do.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Doomykins posted:

I'll give it a whirl. I enjoy the Arc Enchant stun a lot because it procs building(or delivering) crits, it leaves them weakened after the stun for my own passive DR, every lightning stun I do has a damage spike attached to it that hits decently for a passive proc and I've got four CDs that are activating the arc Enchant constantly. The soft control of multiple interruptions and short stuns feels great too, especially for jerks like Revenants.

I'm not sure I actually have that much yet that applies extra damage to the stunned, maybe a +30% from equipment passives.

there's two aspects that are just stun damage that can net you around +100%, one that's a chance for stun on distant enemies and +40-80% damage to stunned when its on a staff, and another that's just +20-40% on crowd controlled. The paragon boards are also mostly just +stun on rare nodes along with a smattering of +damage on elites. Actual raw damage isn't very common outside of the starting board and the enchant board. I think the primary issue with the .5s stun is the amount of elites that go unstoppable after a stun as compared to like a 2 second out of spear or w/e

Sloober fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 16, 2023

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

This stopped being funny awhile ago. Stop doing it.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Astryl posted:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sloober posted:

I think the primary issue with the .5s stun is the amount of elites that go unstoppable after a stun as compared to like a 2 second out of spear or w/e

Ah. Gulp. I'm almost close to 50 again so things will definitely change when I'm doing some real end game. Thanks for the advice.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Philthy posted:

Kinda burned out on my Necro not feeling like a Necro after going back to D2 and D3 to compare.

Are there any other classes that are fun from the getgo and stay fun and easy through the higher tiers without having to worry about rebuilding mana every two seconds?

Rogue -- particularly Flurry Rogue -- has.been fun through level 46 and nearing the end of the campaign. Haven't taken it further than that, but fun so far (as were brief early forays with Twisting Blades and Penetrating Shot).

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The Golem active should just teleport them to their target

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

leftist heap posted:

look man bone walls are clearly the bigger threat here

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Astryl posted:

J
Jun 10, 2001

What's the deal with steel grasp, you can throw this poo poo into a crowd and sometimes it will pull 10 mobs, sometimes it pulls 0. Do mobs have pull resistance or something? This poo poo is unreliable as hell.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

J posted:

What's the deal with steel grasp, you can throw this poo poo into a crowd and sometimes it will pull 10 mobs, sometimes it pulls 0. Do mobs have pull resistance or something? This poo poo is unreliable as hell.

I don't know why anyone would even use that, is it supposed to be for pvp or something

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

leftist heap posted:

I dunno I really love it when my bone golem goes to taunt and it runs around in a circle because the pathfinding got stuck on a interactable or immune blood glob or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah that's pretty bad tbqh

Get better items

Wrong! Not being able to do the second capstone at 59 is totally normal. It's 1-shot city unless you've built very defensively due to the damage scaling with a 13 level difference. "Get better items" may not even be useful advice here, you might be better off finishing renown for +20 paragon points, or simply getting 3-4 levels and trying again, you'll take wayyy less damage. Also as mentioned, don't forget to pop a defensive elixir.

I also recommend putting these D4 forums quality posters on mute, the thread is way more readable when you can scroll past the 4 back-to-back shitposts calling people stupid/bad/single image responses.