Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ninurta posted:

Pepe the What?

The Fascist Shibboleth, probably. SD do nothing about reports that a player is an advertising Nazi.

E: the controversial Not Quite A Bird bundle has acquired new levels of controversy, as in Korean it's been mistranslated as Ambiguous Bird.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fought what I figure was a Must Lose bot while I was playing had bad draws on Mr Negative and it was real funny to see them pass for 5 turns since I dropped Neg on 4 and drew nothing else I could play.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Conquest players need to understand that you can concede. If we’re in round 5 and I haven’t lost a round yet, you can just quit isn’t of this going on all day

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
So I bought the Scorpion/Hobgoblin package, used the gold from that package to buy Mech Lizard, used all of the boosters to max them out (which split some of them into rainbow background versions? I have no idea here), and that grew my collection level a ton, which unlocked a huge amount of cards for me. Now I have a zoo deck and a destroy deck that I am climbing the ladder with. It rules.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Opopanax posted:

Quit making $40 bundles, Jesus christ

I mean their monetization has always been pretty terrible value for money but yeah lmao what trash.

E: the only cash cosmetic bundle i thought was cool was the peach momoko mystique but I'd only been playing snap for 2 days before it rotated out and wasn't sure if i was gonna stick with it. Still don't have vanilla mystique. rip T_T

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 16, 2023

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Conquest players need to understand that you can concede. If we’re in round 5 and I haven’t lost a round yet, you can just quit isn’t of this going on all day

I know longer matches are kind of the point but I feel like there should be some more acceleration. Like a mercy rule to give you the match if you win 3-4 games in a row, or going "high stakes" on game 4 instead of 5, or SOMETHING to force higher stakes when one player is on 2 cubes and therefore can only ever win 2 cubes at a time which is when poo poo REALLY drags.

Conversely it's kinda dumb that if you're on 1 cube you'll still chip 2 cubes off your opponent with wins. Either do allow larger stakes than current cubes or dont! Get your poo poo together SD!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I feel like the game was pranking me this morning. I had two games in a row where the X-Mansion location gave me Bast.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

In Proving Grounds, I might. Anywhere else - too much at stake.

Also, last night, me and a friend were playing Proving Grounds (me with the phone, him offering gratuitous advice). We were facing a destroy deck and it got all the way down to both of us having 2 health left.

We won, in 6 rounds.

No retreat if we don't have to!

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Okay it's some real fuckin bullshit on my pool 2 smurf to be playing bots that have token-only cards like Jeff and lad.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Quetzadilla posted:

I know longer matches are kind of the point but I feel like there should be some more acceleration. Like a mercy rule to give you the match if you win 3-4 games in a row, or going "high stakes" on game 4 instead of 5, or SOMETHING to force higher stakes when one player is on 2 cubes and therefore can only ever win 2 cubes at a time which is when poo poo REALLY drags.

Conversely it's kinda dumb that if you're on 1 cube you'll still chip 2 cubes off your opponent with wins. Either do allow larger stakes than current cubes or dont! Get your poo poo together SD!

I could get down with high stakes on 4. You get 3 low stakes games and that's it.

Then again

Opopanax posted:

If you're on round 5 and haven't lost yet then how do they still have life to lose? That sounds solvable by more snapping.
If they're just retreating each round that's a bit different but eh, if they want to drag it out then whatever, just something to slog through. Unless it's proving grounds, if someone was doing the tactical retreat and trying to drag it out I'd just leave, I can do better than another 10 minutes for 15 medals and a ticket.

Had a guy who I beat for 8 round 1, who kept going. I lost like 3 rounds due to either annoyingly poor draws or them getting really good draws, after the first round I was getting ms marvel'd each time they won. Of course I eventually win one and take the match, and bro has the gall to fist bump me? Nah.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Anybody else sitting thru this DCDualForce beta poo poo show?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

godogg posted:

Anybody else sitting thru this DCDualForce beta poo poo show?

I tried to get into it, what’s been going on?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Opopanax posted:

The Proving Grounds is so unique in that there is literally nothing at risk except your time, I can understand it being hard for players to wrap their brain around.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I tried to get into it, what’s been going on?

Servers completely overwhelmed. Verification emails not being sent out after account creation. Even players who have gotten in and are playing the tutorial are reporting massive slowdown

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No screw that, even in a Gold match I'm snapping right away every time, and if I lose 8 cubes off the bat I'm starting over. It's easy enough to farm the silver tickets at least, I just really don't want to be sitting there for 20 minutes playing the same two decks against each other over and over

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dragonshirt posted:

So I bought the Scorpion/Hobgoblin package, used the gold from that package to buy Mech Lizard, used all of the boosters to max them out (which split some of them into rainbow background versions? I have no idea here), and that grew my collection level a ton, which unlocked a huge amount of cards for me. Now I have a zoo deck and a destroy deck that I am climbing the ladder with. It rules.
Here's what's going on: when you upgrade a card to Infinite, it splits off a new version of itself with some form of added effect. It'll be rainbow/gold backgrounds, black and white, particle effects, or some combination of those. When you're looking at the variant, it'll have icons underneath the title bar, and you can click it to pop up a descripton of what they are. This process repeats forever. Every time you level up a variant to Infinite, it'll make a new one of itself with a different combination of effects.

This means that boosters for a card are never worthless and that so long as you have boosters and credits, you will always have something to upgrade. You can't ever get locked out of being able to climb the collection level ladder. Also, just to be aware of going forward, you're almost never going to be bottlenecked on boosters. You get those in a neverending stream. You get credits at a much slower pace; they're what's going to limit how often you can upgrade.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I haven't dabbled in conquest mode yet but from everything I'm reading ITT it sounds deeply unfun. Maybe I'll give it a go if I ever hit Infinite (I won't)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

I haven't dabbled in conquest mode yet but from everything I'm reading ITT it sounds deeply unfun. Maybe I'll give it a go if I ever hit Infinite (I won't)

It’s got the weird issue of when you’re doing well it doesn’t feel very good and when you’re doing poorly it feels really bad. I think I’m going to grind the rewards and maybe try to stack a couple infinite tickets but that last week of conquest is going to be, I imagine, deeply unfun.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I keep sinking, help... :(

I was in the upper 80's, 89 even, and now I'm barely 80 anymore.. I'm running HE Lockdown and HE Lockjaw and neither can catch a break. I'll get a few wins here and there but then just loss after loss. I just don't have a handle on what Move is going to do. They skirt right past Floods, Spider-Man, etc.. If I don't have Daredevil to give me warning I ALWAYS make the wrong move with Professor X. Then even HE Hazmat decks get me because the standard Lockdown and Lockjaw don't slot Luke or Rogue or anything to counter it. But if I play that they're going to Rogue my Rogue or Enchantress me or whatever the one card they need is. Then these big boi Venom decks I have no defense for since these decks don't slot destroy cards. I keep looking at YouTubers to try their "OMG THIS DECK FUCKS SLEEP YOUR WAY TO INFINITE" deck of the day and see them scooping up cubes left and right and when I try them I might as well be throwing pebbles at a tank.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

CapnAndy posted:

Here's what's going on: when you upgrade a card to Infinite, it splits off a new version of itself with some form of added effect. It'll be rainbow/gold backgrounds, black and white, particle effects, or some combination of those. When you're looking at the variant, it'll have icons underneath the title bar, and you can click it to pop up a descripton of what they are. This process repeats forever. Every time you level up a variant to Infinite, it'll make a new one of itself with a different combination of effects.

This means that boosters for a card are never worthless and that so long as you have boosters and credits, you will always have something to upgrade. You can't ever get locked out of being able to climb the collection level ladder. Also, just to be aware of going forward, you're almost never going to be bottlenecked on boosters. You get those in a neverending stream. You get credits at a much slower pace; they're what's going to limit how often you can upgrade.
If you play quite a bit, this is true and great advice.

If you just do your daily missions and not much else, you can end up with a lot of credits and not many boosters. I am usually riding that line a bit. So sometimes, if I am credit-maxed with not enough boosters, I will buy a quick upgrade in the shop to burn a couple hundred credits so I can keep going. It’s fine.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

crestfallen posted:

If you play quite a bit, this is true and great advice.

If you just do your daily missions and not much else, you can end up with a lot of credits and not many boosters. I am usually riding that line a bit. So sometimes, if I am credit-maxed with not enough boosters, I will buy a quick upgrade in the shop to burn a couple hundred credits so I can keep going. It’s fine.

if you find yourself with a credit surplus, make a new deck, sort your collection by "upgradeable" and add the first 12 listed cards.

any one of those cards will probably pop with 1 game's boosters, and you get the bonus of trying to win with random cards.

also more efficient than quick upgrades.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Vs move decks, I usually just assume I'm going to lose the left lane and that helps decide where to put everything else

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
If you play enough to complete your dailies you will not find yourself with a booster deficit after too long. I burned a couple thousand credits in pool 1 by doing quick upgrades this way, and while it really doesn't make a huge difference in the long run I still felt like an idiot once I figured out what I had done. If I added up all of the boosters in my collection right now it would be over 20,000. Credits are the limiting factor in all cases past the very, very early game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CapnAndy posted:

Here's what's going on: when you upgrade a card to Infinite, it splits off a new version of itself with some form of added effect. It'll be rainbow/gold backgrounds, black and white, particle effects, or some combination of those. When you're looking at the variant, it'll have icons underneath the title bar, and you can click it to pop up a descripton of what they are. This process repeats forever.

Technically it doesn't repeat forever, as there's a limited number of backgrounds and flares. A couple of nutters in beta managed to get every possible Agatha Harkness split. However, they've added a bit more variety now and you'd need to split one card around 60 times before you couldn't do any more with it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Looks like its 128: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/144m052/i_finally_collected_all_base_agatha_splits/

Worth mentioning that both people who maxed out their agathas that I've seen couldnt get gold no flare or ink no flare, and that neither got any unattainable splits period. The only rule that got broken is their last split each was the rainbow background + no flare variant that they didnt get on their very first split.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 16, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If you get all 128, can you still get boosters for that card?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Maxxsplitting my most hated card so I'll never get more boosters for it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapnAndy posted:

Probably, because of variants and the like

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Probably, because of variants and the like
Assume for purposes of this question that you have 128 of every variant you own. I'm just curious if the game will actually give you boosters that are useless to you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

CapnAndy posted:

Assume for purposes of this question that you have 128 of every variant you own. I'm just curious if the game will actually give you boosters that are useless to you.
Well, time for you to start splitting then.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, there’s always the possibility they will release a new variant for a card and you could get that variant as well. I’m saying I don’t think there’s any way to “turn off” getting boosters for a card, beyond that daily threshold thing.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

If the store that sells random pool 3 cards just says "more cards coming soon!", does that mean I am pool 3 complete?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Street Horrrsing posted:

If the store that sells random pool 3 cards just says "more cards coming soon!", does that mean I am pool 3 complete?
Yes

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Also if you're Pool 3 complete, the Free Pool 3 part of the store will display "card already claimed, come back next season", even on the first day of the season.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Has anyone actually witnessed a Living Tribunal victory?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

New Leaf posted:

I've only had LT played against me once and it turned what was almost certainly going to be a win for my opponent into me winning all 3 lanes by a couple points each.
10/10 would recommend playing against me.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

New Leaf posted:

I got beat by one the first day it came out, but it was a stupid gimmick that only worked because of Onslaught's Citadel (it was like Living Tribunal + Onslaught + Iron Man doubled again for the location). I think I saw someone else get a Shuri combo with it, but again, it was because of locations doing something stupid.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

They really should have a chat option of “so THAT happened!!!!!” It would be self aware

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I never see the card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I hope they rework Living Tribunal. It’s a cool idea but falls flat in practice.