Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Books On Tape posted:

I thought this game level scaled everything. I'm somewhere in the beginning of Act V at around level 32 and the next main quest level says it's level 36. Do I really have to grind side poo poo just to keep up?

You don't need to be the same level as the main quest mobs. I was like 8 levels below the final act mobs and I beat it.

But keep in mind I'm REALLY good at clicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is no grinding to level

There are quests and dungeons and exploration that all give exp

That you eventually will want done anyway

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

we got a bingo card for this campfire poo poo or what

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Keep pace with the main quest, don't level past 50 until you're done with the campaign. That's a nice way to do it imo.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

ninjahedgehog posted:

Conversely, there might be no more frustrating sound than the hollow thump that plays when a mob escapes dying by such a small margin you can't even see any red in their health bar :sigh:

Tiny mobs with extra health are the worst for this. I'M SMASHING DEMONS IM EXPLODING SPIDERS IM thunking on a skeleton that I didn't notice had extra health

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitch.tv/diablo

come and see the qq after the devs announce no renown reset

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There should be an aspect that makes it so if I bleed an entire enemy's health bar, they have a chance to instantly explode instead of me waiting for them to bleed out.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I spent 15 hours loving around Fractured Peaks and got to level 50 and then beelined the rest of the story in a couple hours because my buddies described what WT3 was like and all the cool poo poo it unlocked.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shredder posted:

ty for the reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PO9OY7AIs4

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Shredder posted:

Need more zoom plz god

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Q: What carries over into seasons? We know Lilith statues do, but what about renown?

Rod: *pained expression, trying to force a smile* Well, about that...

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

SettingSun posted:

There should be an aspect that makes it so if I bleed an entire enemy's health bar, they have a chance to instantly explode instead of me waiting for them to bleed out.

That's what made me switch from bleed early on. It's really fun to fill explode them after you've filled up their entire bar with bleed, but I got bored of waiting for the cooldown. Haven't tried a post-50 bleed build.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Placing bets on surprising amount of stuff still up in the air or being worked on for something that is coming soon.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

i just wanna know what's coming with S1

idgaf about renown or your gem tab

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would people start a season character if they have to redo all that stuff

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

campfire predictions:

- gem bag

- WT5

- new gem ranks

- sneak peek at season 1 theme

- season 1 is a full char reset but they'll announce some battle pass rewards that make the XP and renown grind easier

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Girlfriend got this game so I begrudgingly bought it, thinking I wouldn't like it very much. And I sure loving did not like it for the first 8ish hours, but I'm turning around on it and started having a reasonably good time once I got to level 15ish or so. Started with twisting blades rogue but respec'd to piercing shot and that's a lot better, for me at least. Also really liking bone spear necro. But dang, group play has been pretty annoying. The first night I missed a few key cutscenes somehow, had no idea why I was buying that guys polearm. Then the next time, I was not getting credit for main quest progression despite, I think, being on the same step as my gf. Just annoying and the main reason I made the necro for playing on my own. So far, doesn't seem to matter in terms of just being able to play with her but if I hit a wall where we have to separate while I do msq to catch up, I am going to be big mad!!!

Dungeons seem to be the high point so far, open world mob density is embarrassing but dungeons are good enough. The little events are fun and I like the exploration/renown thing, but I like clearing icons off of maps. There's a lot of things that piss me off about the game but I have fun when I am playing it, even when solo and that's what matters!

Edit: Cannot believe they stuck such a long animation in when you enter their dumb cash shop tho. Nothing there I want to buy yet but that animation sure makes me not want to ever check it to see if there is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

40% gem news

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone have a link for a good necro leveling build?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They need to at least increase the dungeon mob comp to something denser than my stool, which my doctor says isn’t healthy for me or the state of Diablo IV!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm curious about S1 battle pass stuff and rewards. Like I assume they will do the Diablo 3 thing and have another stash tab be unlockable each season, particularly since the limit is so low currently, but I'd like to know for sure.

I'd also kill for a gem bag / tab.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

I'm sure there's more

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick things I'm expecting and probably wrong about.

No campaign reset
Probably have to redo lilith statues / renown
WT5 or whatever next difficulty tier.
A not-crazy huge balance patch tweaking mostly numbers here and there.
Season 1's gimmick will probably be fairly straightforward.
Capstone dungeons getting a level requirement to enter probably like 40 / 55 for the two existing ones.
No idea what'll be on the battlepass besides cosmetics

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My prediction is that they will very calmly explain why everyone's complaints are wrong, in the manner of a corporate survey response

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“We hear you”

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

WarpedLichen posted:

Placing bets on surprising amount of stuff still up in the air or being worked on for something that is coming soon.

I would not take that bet. This is gonna be full of answers of "we've been looking at that" or "we're thinking about this" or "we've heard your feedback about..."

There will be very few concrete answers of what season 1 will be, outside of a very basic overview of its gimmick or maybe a story beat.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

euphronius posted:

“We hear you”

"Play your own way"

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
"Number go up (our bottom line)"

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Considering how soon s1 is supposed to release they better have a pretty solid plan of what it's going to look like.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how are yall building druids in terms of splitting companion/magics/animalman? Been focusing on Claw/Shred/Rabies for now having swapped out Lightning Storm for Rabies. I had the totem shield thing for a bit but decided "3 second shield is worthless, I can just build Fortify." So the other 3 skills I've been using are wolves/bear roar/boulder. Boulder is surprisingly good as a gently caress-off button to clear paths.

it feels like lists I've seen prioritize the nature magic over other things, which is funny considering shapeshifter/pets was the way to go for D2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ehud posted:

"Play your own way"

*two days later* …no not like that

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

SettingSun posted:

Considering how soon s1 is supposed to release they better have a pretty solid plan of what it's going to look like.

They probably have a good handle on that, and I'm guessing that's what most of this will be about

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Does anyone know how long this presentation is supposed to be?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

i want that inarius statue

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i want that inarius statue

Hell yeah. that thing is bad rear end

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

next dev livestream in July is when big announcements come

so this might be pretty boring

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

next dev livestream in July is when big announcements come

so this might be pretty boring

If they say anything about renown or the map then I'll be happy

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
are we being trolled

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

She just fat shamed him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I could go for some Target brand s'mores flavored cookies.