Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Donnerberg posted:

Anything on the ground belongs to me and needs to be in my stash.

And I carry this mindset with me into Diablo.

I hope you don't play PoE with that attitude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

SettingSun posted:

Gems are LOOT. When there is LOOT on the ground I HAVE to pick it up.

Let me guess, you break all the JARS you see too.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

All of you gem ignorers are gonna be so sad when I can immediately craft a higher tier from my stash in season 6. You'll have to loot for 10 minutes and I'll be basking in the +2% glory

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

RIP to HC mode.

Disconnect and lag deaths are an integral part of the process to weed out the week and wireless among us.
drat influencers, this is why we can't have nice things

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Marvel Heroes put in pets that would hoover up all loot under a certain quality you set and you'd level re-rollable perks on them that way.

I miss hitting a button and instantly deleting 300 items from the screen.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

I did. It was not pretty, but also I didn't play it for long.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

AcidCat posted:

Happily! You can destroy a lot of scenery too with Shift+click also.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kalli posted:

Marvel Heroes put in pets that would hoover up all loot under a certain quality you set and you'd level re-rollable perks on them that way.

That's cool

RIP Marvel Heroes

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Kalli posted:

Last season of Diablo 3 had this too (except for the loot filter parts) and it owned

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Bring back the auction house!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is there some Discord out there running a secret Marvel Heroes private server project

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

PoE has item filters and a while back stopped showing items on the ground that are not on your filter (unless you use the hotkey to show all items). So you can, in fact, have a strict item filter and pick up everything it shows. :)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Kalli posted:

Didn't one of the Torchlight games have a thing like this too? It sounds familiar.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I like that they're confirming that uniques etc can occasionally drop for the "wrong" class. One of my favorite things about D2 was how you'd sometimes be grinding for a specific item and have a top-tier item for a totally different class or build drop and hey, reason to level a new character.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kalli posted:

maybe theres a reason that awful game is dead despite a godly IP and d4 is the fastest selling game ever

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They're touching on more hot topics than I expected them to honestly.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Clocks posted:

PoE has item filters and a while back stopped showing items on the ground that are not on your filter (unless you use the hotkey to show all items). So you can, in fact, have a strict item filter and pick up everything it shows. :)

Grim Dawn has this too. It's great.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mbt posted:

maybe theres a reason that awful game is dead despite a godly IP and d4 is the fastest selling game ever

yeah it's because the director was a sexual assaulter or something

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

SettingSun posted:

They're touching on more hot topics than I expected them to honestly.

Yeah this is a really good stream and I'm happy for them and the game.

Nerds are already making angry "DEAD UNTIL SEASON 2" threads somewhere though I can feel it in my bones.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Q&A chat is kind of amazing.

"WHERE IS GRANDFATHER?!?!?"

"Please add soloable Bounties/whispers!"

"WHERE IS COW LEVELS?"

"Please make low level items drop for my level 85 char. I can't farm items for my alts easy when all the drops are level 85 too."

"ADD SHAKO?????"

"WHY DID YOU LIE? NO DIABLO IN DIABLO GAME??????"

"Need more stache."

"Will there be camel mounts soon?"

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

They took awhile to get to the good bits but some good info is comin out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"Please make low level items drop for my level 85 char. I can't farm items for my alts easy when all the drops are level 85 too."

somebody find this guy

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

outback steakhouse is not good.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

outback steakhouse is not good.

You can take my bloomin onion from my cold, dead hands.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

can't wait until he accidentally reads a slur or sex joke user name live.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

AcidCat posted:

jars exist in video games to be broken you weird freak not jar destroyer

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I feel sorry for the poor soul who thinks that there aren't any bounties/whispers that are currently solo-able in the game.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

holey moley i can't believe they mentioned that Q&A with fake questions. D4 dev team owns

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I feel sorry for the poor soul who thinks that there aren't any bounties/whispers that are currently solo-able in the game.

lol some whispers just tell you to clean out a single-room cellar

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

CBD Corndog posted:

holey moley i can't believe they mentioned that Q&A with fake questions. D4 dev team owns

don't try to @<fake name> in the chat window because they aren't showing up lol

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

ok they're talking to twitch chat now, I'm out. Time to log in and play the game instead.

Setting aside the weird banter about cookies and outback steakhouse it was actually pretty solid. Would definitely listen while doing work poo poo again.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm a fan of "travel to 4 points and click a thing, no fights, nothing spawned after the 4th" for 3 favors. An unironic Diablo cookie clicker quest.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everything they've said in the dev talk is good

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember
Gem talk: just let us pay 10k gold or whatever to assign a bonus to a socket and remove them as a thing that drops. This poo poo still sucks.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They're all but confirming that seasons will offer new character appearance cosmetics. (But still waffled on the option to change hair in the wardrobe)

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Some quick questions to the expert barbs here since I'm a gamer dad nowadays. To give a little bit of perspective, I'm lvl 66 with the icyveins rend build, doing maybe tier 24-25 nightmare dungeons, and dying way more than I should.

- who decided it's cool not to give melee any stun resistance? why do most elites stack stuns and explosions and new stuns and new explosions so that most deaths look like "couldn't move for 4 seconds in a row while 7 seven things exploded in my loving face"?

- why do the very skills that are supposed to make melee tolerable fail at their one job? Steel Grasp is a chain that grabs distant enemies to group them in front of you. Cool? Not really, half the mobs can't be pulled and there's no rhyme or reason to what it doesn't work on. Why the gently caress can I pull massive demons but not dog-sized porcupines?

- why do some normal mobs deal obscene amounts of damage, way more than some elite affixes? (yeah I'm talking about wraiths and their variants)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Twitch chat is amazing.

Q&A session with the developers and some people are going with:

"PS4 wireless controller not working on my PC. How to fix?????"

"Is there any plans for a Diablo animated series on Netflix????????"

"Can you please let us keep our items and characters into new seasons????"

"Will there be graphics upgrades we can add on to make the game look better?"

"Keep dying on Rogue using knives???? Why broken???"

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I love that they are confused on renown themselves

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
you only get 2 tiers of renown per season

fuckkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
so basically you get renown credit for all the lilith statues + discovering the map. 2 tiers worth of renown. will have to complete the rest for the paragon points