Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
But Barries are really keen to find the original superman cos he's so powerful and will sort this out. But if Zod has brought the letter opener even superman is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I really want them to stop animating long dead actors and I don’t care if the actors estates give “permission” to use their likeness at all, it’s loving weird and gross and I hate it. And unfortunately it seems like there’s no stopping them ventriloquizing dead people.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Mike N Eich posted:

I really want them to stop animating long dead actors and I don’t care if the actors estates give “permission” to use their likeness at all, it’s loving weird and gross and I hate it. And unfortunately it seems like there’s no stopping them ventriloquizing dead people.

Fred Astaire was hawking vacuums in the 90s.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Blackchamber posted:

That it is. But it also got my favorite childhood Batman to put on the costume and say the lines I like.

He's my absolute favorite too, but in the old movies he's clearly portrayed as just a very troubled guy in a very stiff armored rubber suit, using barely functional tech to get out of situations where he's overwhelmed by goons and circus freaks.

In this movie he's pushing 70, but can fight in his armored suit like he's a 24 year old wushu artist in a leotard while cracking all kinds of jokes and using scifi gear. Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Rises and the CW-verse all touch upon what kind of a toll it takes on Bruce Waynes body to be Batman.

So yeah, I'm all for that this is a Batman who looks like Michael Keaton, but it's not the same Batman we saw in 1989 and 1992.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

So for those who have seen it, does this movie actually do an in-universe “reboot” that sets the stage for the new DCU or whatever?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

nemesis_hub posted:

So for those who have seen it, does this movie actually do an in-universe “reboot” that sets the stage for the new DCU or whatever?

No, it was going to, but they're doing a hard reboot. At one time there was supposed to be a whole Keaton Batman mixed universe thing going forward. But they said screw it and did the...um...other cameo at the end and are only carrying over what works.

I think everything was in Flux right around Black Adams release and they were going full or soft reboot based on that and Ezra Miller's nonsense. The second they saw Black Adams numbers, their press went hard reboot.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Arnold is gonna return!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Arnold is gonna return!

I can see and hear him booming "Hell has frozen over, I'm back!" and I kind of want that now.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Gotta say, of all the nostalgia cameos, I was not expecting the Soviet Union.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

I can see and hear him booming "Hell has frozen over, I'm back!" and I kind of want that now.

Perhaps Gunn's DCU will have the courage to bring back Arnold as Mr. Freeze, but have him there Batman Beyond style:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Also, here are some Mr. Freeze puns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Darko posted:

It is but people are trying to point out plotholes strictly from what they've hears. Some things are stupid, some things operate on weird in movie logic that is explained but doesn't make sense , and some things are explained in the movie and are fine. It's a highly mediocre and often ugly movie, basically.

I watched the movie yesterday and it makes no god drat sense. They literally have to have the main character stand there and watch batman die when like, a minute ago he made a giant tornado and a minute later he laser blasts the man that kills batman so hard he explodes. It has a story, it wants to tell a story, and it does not give a poo poo if it has to make every character suddenly act like even more of a moron for no reason, and contradict its own internal logic willy-nilly, to do it. "Weird movie logic" is a bomb that has ten seconds left taking one minute to count down while the action hero escapes the building, not having your main character literally give up before he even tries anything and conclude the universe is doomed because superman isn't there to solve his problems in a movie about The Flash, where Batman solves all of the problems except this one. Maybe The Flash should have done something.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/InstantSunrise/status/1669764249395298307?s=20

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lmao

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

LMAO Yes

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

josh04 posted:

Gotta say, of all the nostalgia cameos, I was not expecting the Soviet Union.

In retrospect my favourite moment was probably Batman stomping in place trying to intimidate the russian scientist, and it doesn't work so he stomps again, but the scientist starts to draw a pistol slowly. Russian scientist has seen some poo poo, batman, hahaha you are not phasing him at all

Also young barry turning his head in the batsuit, and it horribly stretching over his face, and young barry's delivery returning "let's go party??" to "come on barbie..." which implies AQUA is a spaghetti-fulcrum

Ropey as gently caress CGI and the needle drop during the final battle was out of place, especially after supergirl doing a pained yell moments before. 6/10 movie but i'd wager an 8/10 "theatre experience" if you see it tonight in a packed theatre

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LMAO they really wrapped up the Snyderverse with a George Clooney cameo.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Lmao that they got every random person to cameo except for the guy who's been doing the role for like 10 years

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The theater is empty lmao

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
gently caress WB, gently caress Geoff Johns and Hamada and their new owner/ceo whatever

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m pro Gunn forever so I disagree. Hopefully his Dc can have stuff better than this

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CelticPredator posted:

I’m pro Gunn forever so I disagree. Hopefully his Dc can have stuff better than this

He could probably make a fun Flash movie.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bogus Adventure posted:

Perhaps Gunn's DCU will have the courage to bring back Arnold as Mr. Freeze, but have him there Batman Beyond style:

got dang Meltdown is so good

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
As I get older I realize I'm more of a sucker for nostalgia bait. Seeing the batwing over the moon while batman jumped out with the classic Burton music made me as happy as seeing Luke and Yoda on screen together in the Last Jedi. The movie was meh but it had its moments. Nic Cage just made me laugh and think "wow they really don't give a gently caress".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So I was totally right that this is DC's Rise of Skywalker, was I?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So I was totally right that this is DC's Rise of Skywalker, was I?

I would say there are some entertaining parts in this whereas Rise is all bad

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

I would say there are some entertaining parts in this whereas Rise is all bad

That's Sheev erasure and he won't have that

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This movie stunk lmfao

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

In which timeline is this movie any good?

The one where it came out six years ago directed by Rick Famuyiwa and was simply about Flash and Cyborg fighting Captain Cold and proving Barry's dad's innocence.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
this movie is a dire warning against save scumming

its also terrible

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

smoobles posted:

LMAO they really wrapped up the Snyderverse with a George Clooney cameo.

This wasn't in the Snydercut universe. Barry had never time traveled before so it couldn't be after the Snyder Cut

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I want the audio of the call they must’ve had with Christian Bale.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

well why not posted:

I want the audio of the call they must’ve had with Christian Bale.

Like when Bateman tries to get a short-term reservation at Dorsia, but with the roles reversed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1669898090919108615

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/status/1669923975453892608

So this thing is failing to meet even the lowest opening weekend projections and has the same CinemaScore as some of the biggest second-week drops in superhero movie history. This movie is hosed.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Spacebump posted:

This wasn't in the Snydercut universe. Barry had never time traveled before so it couldn't be after the Snyder Cut

Also, a loving reminder that we could have had THIS

but instead we got THIS

Which kinda sucks, but at least gives us some memes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We got darksied though?

Snyder Cut was great and ended his series on a high note and now he’s moved on to better things. The flash being bad is just funny

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The first time Barry time travels in this it looks like they reused the vfx from the Snyder Cut.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

The problem with telling any story with the Flash is that time travel stories are messy. Multiverse stories are equally messy. As soon as you try to do multiverse stories with time travel, everything rapidly falls apart under the slightest hint of scrutiny.

The Dr. Strange vs Scarlet Witch movie seemed relatively straightforward despite involving backstory from both a live action tv show and like the seventh episode of a cartoon show.

It also had some rough CG but nothing like this atrocity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

We got darksied though?

Snyder Cut was great and ended his series on a high note and now he’s moved on to better things. The flash being bad is just funny

I really would have enjoyed seeing the Snyder's movies play out, especially with the New Gods being involved. It was a series of superhero movies that spoke to me, that felt over-the-top like high opera and treated the heroes like the heroes and villains of myths. His proposed conclusion sounds wild, and probably would have made more "fans" angry, but it wasn't like we were never going to get more Batman and Superman movies.