Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

New Leaf posted:

Has anyone actually witnessed a Living Tribunal victory?

I've done it by receiving the card from a location/card effect and playing it because it appeared I'd win with it, and I did. Basically, I had run up the score at one location with Iron Man, Shuri, etc., and Tribunal spread the wealth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Tribunal needs a “turn this location into Mojoworld” card to combo with. Would still be tricky to manage the opponent’s card count on the location to make sure you come out ahead for the +100.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Maybe something like Double the power of cards at this location and distribute it evenly?

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
I think just massively increasing Tribunals power would work.

He’s the second strongest dude in the whole universe and if he was a 6/15 he’d be worse than Dr Doom half the time, and he’s not even half that

Edit: he’d probably be a lot better than doom at 6/15 the more I think about it but there’s a lotta numbers between 6 and 15 to try

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I like the idea of weekend missions, but the fact that 2/3 of the rewards are only available if you own the new cards already feels really bad. I wonder if you can earn towards them by randomly generating the cards or if they have to start in your deck?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

victorious posted:

I like the idea of weekend missions, but the fact that 2/3 of the rewards are only available if you own the new cards already feels really bad. I wonder if you can earn towards them by randomly generating the cards or if they have to start in your deck?
They have to start in your deck

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Where are people seeing the weekend missions already?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Red posted:

I've done it by receiving the card from a location/card effect and playing it because it appeared I'd win with it, and I did. Basically, I had run up the score at one location with Iron Man, Shuri, etc., and Tribunal spread the wealth.

same thing happened to me, LT randomly dropped from a location.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Outside of a few niche cases, Tribunal is always going to be weak. It's a game where the goal is to win 2 locations, not 3. Most strategy revolves around focusing on two areas rather than spreading the points around equally.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Tribunal beats lockdown and that's about it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well those weekend missions were supposed to go up tonight but nothing's there...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Good game.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I swear the RNG is designed to gently caress over players like this. Want to play a card? PSYCHE! What about an-PSYCHE. Oh it's round 6, want to play something else? Too bad, your hand is stuffed full of cards.

Yes, I know my hands are terrible.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

See now there's a game where Tribunal would win

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Uhh I think dr doom might be a better choice to handle it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

No Wave posted:

Uhh I think dr doom might be a better choice to handle it.

It was!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

announced that since the weekend missions are bugged, anyone who buys Silk will get a 1k token refund, so I'm actually tempted given the next two releases are straight to series 4.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

announced that since the weekend missions are bugged, anyone who buys Silk will get a 1k token refund, so I'm actually tempted given the next two releases are straight to series 4.

$30 Hob Goblin, $30 Darkhawk, 6K Silk. I don't want to...I forgot the joke.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thank you Sera into Quake Destroyer

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I hope that's retroactive

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

SO glad I teched in Rogue..

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Thanos came up for me in the token shop. Thoughts?

I love my Pool 2 Destroy but I'm missing a lot of key Pool 3 cards right now (Death, Knull, etc) so I wonder if I should just keep rolling.

I have most of the tools for Thanos Ongoing but that play style kind of drives me nuts. It might be interesting to pilot a real big boy deck though.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Keep thinking about conquest and it seems like it's supposed to be the main gameplay mode now? You'll have to sink quite a few hours into it to get the shop rewards unless you're exceptionally good. I mean I guess you can burn gold instead of grinding up tickets but you'll still have to win to reap rewards.

And it's just...not as good a gameplay mode. Matches take soooo much longer than games and fewer deck-types are viable because after the first match you both know the decks being played. And all of that is much less appealing to me personally.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FireWorksWell posted:

I hope that's retroactive

It's related to the Weekly Missions.

(Image borrowed from a beta player who somehow found themselves with the missions)

Anyone who bought Silk will get the reward for the Silk mission, anyone who bought the Season Pass will get the reward for the Ghost-Spider mission, and everyone will get the reward for the "Win 20 Matches" mission.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Marx Headroom posted:

Thanos came up for me in the token shop. Thoughts?

I love my Pool 2 Destroy but I'm missing a lot of key Pool 3 cards right now (Death, Knull, etc) so I wonder if I should just keep rolling.

I have most of the tools for Thanos Ongoing but that play style kind of drives me nuts. It might be interesting to pilot a real big boy deck though.

I bought Thanos and didn't put him in a deck for like a month. Then i played Thanos ongoing for a full season. Definitely the most versatile big bad, though high Evo seems stronger (for now at least). I don't regret my Thanos purchase like i do Kang.

Though i have actually seen some kangs in conquest...

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Jedit posted:

(Image borrowed from a beta player who somehow found themselves with the missions)

Anyone who bought Silk will get the reward for the Silk mission, anyone who bought the Season Pass will get the reward for the Ghost-Spider mission, and everyone will get the reward for the "Win 20 Matches" mission.

I wonder if one weekly mission will always be the spotlight card and always reward 1k tokens, effectively making them cost 5k instead of 6k if you buy them on launch.

What's the thoughts on silk? Seems like she'd be decent as a 3/10 package with miles, but the random moving seems like it would interact poorly with too many locations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quetzadilla posted:

I wonder if one weekly mission will always be the spotlight card and always reward 1k tokens, effectively making them cost 5k instead of 6k if you buy them on launch.

They’ve said that 1k is high end, and that it will mostly be far fewer tokens - especially for S4 releases - but also considerably less work. They suggested that it might be win 2 matches with card for 100 tokens or win 3 for 300.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quetzadilla posted:

Keep thinking about conquest and it seems like it's supposed to be the main gameplay mode now? You'll have to sink quite a few hours into it to get the shop rewards unless you're exceptionally good. I mean I guess you can burn gold instead of grinding up tickets but you'll still have to win to reap rewards.

And it's just...not as good a gameplay mode. Matches take soooo much longer than games and fewer deck-types are viable because after the first match you both know the decks being played. And all of that is much less appealing to me personally.
It's not. The shop rewards are really terrible compared to rank rewards. It's a separate mode for very serious players I guess.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm only tempted by the goblin because I don't have one yet. The avatar upgrade is laughable

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jedit posted:

You have to win twenty matches in three days just to get 200 credits? lmao

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You don't have to do anything but if you play the game over the weekend and you win 20 times you get a free 200 credits you would not have had otherwise

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If silk havers get 1000 tokens then ghost spider havers should get 150 gold

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
They will!

Also I played a bunch of games with Silk on May’s day and she’s a lot of fun. Like Titania she can screw you over sometimes if you’re not able to corral her but she’s generally more safe and is fantastic against bad locations like Sanctum or against Storm. Her best scenarios are when she can activate Kraven several times, or when you can put her down as a trap where if your opponent drops on her lane to win then she will zip over to win the other; she acted as 50/50 insurance more than once in my games.

Definitely not a must have card even for move decks, but a unique ability on a good stat line.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I grabbed Howard the Duck (on purpose, don't ask) and the thing I'm most disappointed with is that the top deck preview is base card art--not the variants I have.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/seconddinner/status/1669933929749684230?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

They are giving some compensation to non-whales

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So am I only playing against other infinite players now or is it still mixed? I want to give cubes away/not take cubes from people still working

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Opopanax posted:

So am I only playing against other infinite players now or is it still mixed? I want to give cubes away/not take cubes from people still working

If you're Infinite I believe you're only against other Infinites.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Opopanax posted:

If you’re in infinite you only play ranked mode against other infinite players

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are giving some compensation to non-whales

They're pretty good about generally making everyone equal on goofs and legit fuckups. Kitty pride was huge gift to the non-whale players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

The Sean posted:

I grabbed Howard the Duck (on purpose, don't ask) and the thing I'm most disappointed with is that the top deck preview is base card art--not the variants I have.

Gross