Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Aww, she even made noodles :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

RocketMermaid posted:

"So, you think I got a shot?"

Oh that makes a lot of sense, thanks

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i've never had an image physically sit me back with its certainty before, so that's neat

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Frog-monk is going have an aneurysm when he gets round to sweeping the top of the mountain.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

Frog-monk is going have an aneurysm when he gets round to sweeping the top of the mountain.

now I want allison to run into that guy that yelled at her for doing pull ups on a god again

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

OK so since its clear that Allison won't be able to slice up Jaggs with Maybeness, perhaps she could slice up all those angel nails instead, given how the statues went down

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I love the juxtaposition of Allison talking through a mouth full of noodles while Maya says that last line. So loving funny.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I was looking so hard for the dong that I didn't notice the giant dooooong.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I love the juxtaposition of Allison talking through a mouth full of noodles while Maya says that last line. So loving funny.

The most shonen protagonist move possible

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Murder-the-Gods living up to her name.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

I was looking so hard for the dong that I didn't notice the giant dooooong.

Is this one also voiced by Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Elissimpark posted:

"... oh gently caress you, lady, NOT COOL"

Bilirubin posted:

OK so since its clear that Allison won't be able to slice up Jaggs with Maybeness, perhaps she could slice up all those angel nails instead, given how the statues went down

idk, I think maybeness might really do some damage, even if it's not a killing blow. Maya says that those who lack the ability to choose their fate will be cut. Even though he is trying to end it by destroying existence once and for all, Jagg firmly believes in the wheel, fate, and the way he's fated to do everything he's doing.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 17, 2023

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

But Allison doesn't want to obliterate the wheel-turning king and inherit the throne?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Allison about to fill the dreams of every barista: quitting on the spot with no two weeks right at the start of a bad shift.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

coolusername posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons: quitting on the spot with no two weeks right at the start of a bad shift.

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

Maybe! Maya's wording suggests that it's not so much just choosing not to die, as much as it cuts anything which believes itself bound by fate. Jagganoth's whole deal is that he believes he is a fated, inevitability. A constant of fate. The Maybe Sword will only cut him until such a point in which he is willing to break his role in the cycle, and choose his own fate. So by that point even if the sword stops cutting he'll have found himself in a position where he's questioning his place in the turning of the wheel. It's a win-win either way.

thechosenone posted:

I figured she used it to cut his head clean off, just that this didn't kill him as much as she'd like. This is her fault for not just just going full Aesma and Cutting all the space around him until his whole body is a million technically adjacent pieces (that might have made him doubt his ability to heal form it and then die from lack of focus)

The Maybe Sword did cut him cleanly, and it would have killed him cleanly, but as Maya said on page 10 Incubus is very strong in Blood Alchemy. Much like Jagganoth's former master Jantris who cheated his appointed death by extending his life much the same way. Honestly, this whole chapter has really shown that Incubus has never had a single original thought in his head. He's a swordsman because Maya wanted to be one. He's a demiurge because Maya was one. He became a master of Blood Alchemy because Jantris was one. All his life he's amassed power by copying the greats around him, never truly mastering his own strengths.

He's like a teenager making his very first original character by copying all the cool things he sees from other characters.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I don’t think originality is really something this comic is emphasizing as a failing of Incubus. Every demiurge - Maya included - is following a path laid for them. Maya was no more inventive in the question that hounded her, having inherited it from Meti.

Allison’s the only one genuinely doing something new and without regard for what came before.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Now would be a great time for Allison to visit her sorority sisters.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Bilirubin posted:

Jags has repeated the cycle so much his rut in it is kitted out with easy chairs and tasteful throw pillows. IDK why you'd think he was capable of determining his own destiny

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

pseudorandom name posted:

God can you imagine her popping in, what? 4-5 years later? Missing two limbs and eye and still having the "bindi" in?

Operant please after K6BD do a slice of life comic about what goes on with her former roommates.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Joe Slowboat posted:

Allison’s the only one genuinely doing something new and without regard for what came before.

Not the only one. She's chosen friends who are all like that, too. White Chain has transcended the nature of angels, Cio became more than any other devil, Nyave and Zaid are both on far different paths than the "plans" for their lives. It's infectious, too.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Not the only one. She's chosen friends who are all like that, too. White Chain has transcended the nature of angels, Cio became more than any other devil, Nyave and Zaid are both on far different paths than the "plans" for their lives. It's infectious, too.

The woke mind virus in full effect!

For real, though, situating progressive thought as the linchpin to save a stagnant universe is pretty cool.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don’t think originality is really something this comic is emphasizing as a failing of Incubus. Every demiurge - Maya included - is following a path laid for them. Maya was no more inventive in the question that hounded her, having inherited it from Meti.

and white chain

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FuturePastNow posted:

yeah basically, and this is what zoss was hoping for and expressed in one of his cryptic post-death monologues

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

fuuuuuuuuuuck yeah

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Malpais Legate posted:

God can you imagine her popping in, what? 4-5 years later? Missing two limbs and eye and still having the "bindi" in?

Operant please after K6BD do a slice of life comic about what goes on with her former roommates.

If she's grown powerful enough she can come and go as she pleases

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Maya just declared that Allison will become the god of this world. Isn't killing god Maya's whole thing? I do not like the look on her face in that last panel.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Maya already killed Allison, so now she just has to tip over her chair and job's done

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

pseudorandom name posted:

...and share some of the key's power with them, suddenly this is a Bishōjo Senshi series :getin:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Malpais Legate posted:

IMJack posted:

If she's grown powerful enough she can come and go as she pleases

"God exists, and she is Californian."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Happy Underpants posted:

Maya just declared that Allison will become the god of this world. Isn't killing god Maya's whole thing? I do not like the look on her face in that last panel.

"And thats the Bad Ending, to borrow your terms. I expect better from you."

Malpais Legate posted:

"Hi guys you wont believe what happened to me over the last 5 years"

"<.....What the gently caress language are you speaking>"

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jun 17, 2023

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

To be fair she also stated that the reason Alison survived is because she can choose her own fate.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If the first panel of the next page isn’t Allison going “gently caress that, poo poo’s wack” at the idea of becoming God I will be sorely disappointed.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

team overhead smash posted:

To be fair she also stated that the reason Alison survived is because she can choose her own fate.

Insofar as anyone can anyway. All things already happened and all, Jadis remains correct.

So she chose the fate she already had and already was going to have.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"And thats the Bad Ending, to borrow your terms. I expect better from you."

"Hi guys you wont believe what happened to me over the last 5 years"

"<.....What the gently caress language are you speaking>"

More like a whole bunch of strangers freak out because her old friends have graduated.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Insofar as anyone can anyway. All things already happened and all, Jadis remains correct.

So she chose the fate she already had and already was going to have.

It's the difference between allowing the flow of the river to pull your boat along, or grabbing the oar and putting in your own work. You'll still reach the end of the line one way or another but at least you are an active participant.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

local girl too dumbass to die

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vandalism is a pretty lovely crime Maya

Adbot