Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Mine is that I've heard the "cold weather" sting waaay too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
A platform, two upside down baloons, 2 stabilizers, what’s providing the burst of lift?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

A platform, two upside down baloons, 2 stabilizers, what’s providing the burst of lift?
Cannons I think.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Gun

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I still love how amazing the dungeon music in general is, more specifically the Wind Temple, but the way they all mix the original music created for ToTK with just about every theme for that race from BoTW and still make it work even with that many motifs.

The Wind Temple starting off with the original stuff in the generic dungeon BGM mixed with The Song Of The Stormwind Ark that the Rito kids were singing, and then mixing in the Attacking Vah Medoh, then Inside Vah Medoh, Revali's theme, and then topping it all off with Dragon Roost/Rito Village is just amazing

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Biggest change so far doing the opening area in a new game: instead of getting frustrated and running all over the place dealing with the snowy mountain and ice walls and such, this time I knew what those big floaty blocks were and just flew one straight over to that shrine from the mining area's gacha island. Incredibly satisfying :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Fire Temple music is killer, especially the fourth phase

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I really liked when the music in the Castle and in the deep underground going to Ganondorf when it got all dissonant and hosed up

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shiroc posted:

I really liked when the music in the Castle and in the deep underground going to Ganondorf when it got all dissonant and hosed up

And the boss themes tie into that music too! When you fight the bosses there are a few seconds here and there where you hear backwards music, as if you’re getting a glimpse of Ganon’s influence over the world. Then at the end the backwards music ramps up in stages until you it’s nothing but backwards music, as if you’re fully immersed in Ganon’s influence. it’s wonderful thematic reinforcement

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CainFortea posted:

Yes but they're pretty limited on how you can construct stuff. Everything is orthagonal and pre-arranged. Previously when you had games that were a lot more free you'd get

They're limited in the sense they're block based, sure, but I'd argue that's for the better because they focused on having a ton more functions and building was faster and easier.

However, TOTK isn't just about vehicles so it benefits from that dynamic interaction in its building.

Dareon posted:

Yeah, the impressive thing isn't "sticking some stuff together and making a working vehicle" it's "sticking anything together and making a working vehicle."

Random ruin chunk? Car. Fifteen-log Long Stick? Wiggly car. Meat? Meat car.

It works but controls as poorly as you expect. I'm glad it's doable but I want to be able to build a car that can actually do over 20mph, has a turning radius smaller than a city block and isn't plagued with balance issues without me having to spend 20 minutes snapping poo poo at just the right spot.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Runcible Cat posted:

Anyone have the link to that resource map? I can't find stealthfins anywhere...

stealthfins are only in the lake around the lost woods

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/tears-of-the-kingdom-interactive-map

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CJacobs posted:

Sure do my friend! Exactly the pose featured in the chosen photo.

I picked a photo without really inspecting it, and the statue that came out was a bokoblin's corpse lying flat on the ground. Ended up being accidentally hilarious when all the villagers crowded around saying "Oh, it's so cute! I love seeing them like this!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phenotype posted:

I picked a photo without really inspecting it, and the statue that came out was a bokoblin's corpse lying flat on the ground. Ended up being accidentally hilarious when all the villagers crowded around saying "Oh, it's so cute! I love seeing them like this!"

I mean, they're not wrong :hmmyes:

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I miss the lightsaber sound of the powered up master sword in BOTW. It was so satisfying to hit stuff with the crash it made.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Tokelau All Star posted:

I miss the lightsaber sound of the powered up master sword in BOTW. It was so satisfying to hit stuff with the crash it made.

I thought I heard it in totk, not sure if it was when I was close to the castle or what. It’s not as common it seems to me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I've definitely heard the sound, it caught me off guard when it first happened because I was pretty sure I was just out and about in Hebra with nothing major around. It should make the noise if you have the sword out and gloom hands appear

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Does anyone recall where the ruby vendor in Gordon land is. I just remember it’s not very central Goron city

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I enjoyed Link's animation at the final fight when he doesn't have the Master Sword yet. Clenched fist of anticipation.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Final battle Ganondorf broke my Hylian Shield during the second phase and I was prepared to try to have it been a cool cinematic moment where I fight the rest of the way without one, but I was bad at it and needed to start using the rest of my collection.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Oh, nice

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Public service announcement: even if you turn off automatic updates, if you quit and reopen TOTK it will run 1.1.2

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

What’s the deal with ganondorf

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That DICK! posted:

\|

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That DICK! posted:

he's a rude dude

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

El Rudo Dudo

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Boulders coming in clutch for a lot of these

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I beat the game and decided to pull up the ol zelder wiki, do some digging. It turns out the hero of time died in that forest and he came back as a skeleton ghost who’s sad he never hosed? Big bummer man

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7239719757736545582

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

this is loving beautiful

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
HOW

https://twitter.com/zelda_kouryaku/status/1669912752050118659?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Looking things up online is rubbish with all the SEO sites clogging things up. Do dragon horns still add 30 minutes to food/elixirs like they did in BotW?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yes

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Looking things up online is rubbish with all the SEO sites clogging things up. Do dragon horns still add 30 minutes to food/elixirs like they did in BotW?

Sets to 30 minutes

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sweet, wish I'd remembered that was a thing earlier but good to know.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

I had some major things spoilered because of how rear end all these gaming sites are can't look up a recipe or anything about a quest without having master sword/gannon/everything spoiled. I wish I could filter youtube channels based on if the streamer thinks they're interesting enough to show their face on camera.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7242838671739653419

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I finally got all the pieces of the Zonite armor and it was really cool. Special shout out to the zonite forge, what a cool loving location with a genuine journey to get to it, and the dive to the heart of the forge through all the lasers Quick Man-style was sick as hell.

I've been cleaning up shrines and lightroots and stuff trying to 100% as much as I can outside of Korok seeds before finally going on to the final battle but I gotta admit it's starting to call to me.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

That DICK! posted:

Los Ganondorfos son suaves:

https://youtube.com/shorts/aOB2mSALBiA?feature=share

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Been spoiling myself on a lot of stuff in the pursuit of efficiency in getting all the shrines/lightroots and still managed to be surprised when I found the Biggoron Sword in the depths. Finally I have it after 8 year old me could never get the quest done in Ocarina of Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lmao, holy poo poo.