Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Have a drink, have a drive, go out and see what you can find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

mr_mojo posted:

"a typical motorists pub" like they were a common, expected thing is pretty WTF

it took awhile for people to make the connection of being drunk and driving a car was dangerous. people fought against seat belts being a requirement in the 80's, the common man is a bit of a loving dullard.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

rydiafan posted:

I mean, there's a lot of bars in rural America that nobody's walking to.

I'm assuming they're all safely driving their ride on mowers there and back???

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

rydiafan posted:

also nothing to hit save rolling your truck into a ditch on some empty stretch of county road

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Smart play is to go drinking late enough that after closing time you can just pass out within walking distance of the bar and wake up early to sleep off the hang over before repeating.

mr_mojo
Mar 12, 2005

rydiafan posted:

Same in the UK and plenty of rural drink driving, but they would at least pretend to not be havens of drunken motorists, so am really commenting on the openness of it.

BRB, going to open a drive through bar.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

mr_mojo posted:

Same in the UK and plenty of rural drink driving, but they would at least pretend to not be havens of drunken motorists, so am really commenting on the openness of it.

BRB, going to open a drive through bar.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/Xnu8wg7.mp4

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Unpopular opinion, but I don't like parasites.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

lobsterminator posted:

Unpopular opinion, but I don't like parasites.

Symbiotes are p cool tho

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

DamnCanadian posted:

I built a giant deck for my wife to sun herself during the summer months; I think it was maybe a couple grand in materials. The visiting nurse that comes over weekly to care for her asked me who built it for me. I said I did. He said “that’s great you can do that; I paid a guy almost 50,000 to build mine.” Holy poo poo, that’s either one hell of a deck or he got ripped off big time.

Like this, or a better game than Yu-Gi-Oh?

Unrelated:

https://i.imgur.com/Xnu8wg7.mp4

Edit: Ah, a shameful beating.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 16, 2023

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Isn't nature wholesome and beautiful

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

In Shreveport you could drive through a daiquiri stand, and the little piece of scotch tape over the straw hole in the lid is what made it a “closed container” for legal purposes. However, if you have an empty Circle K or McDonald’s cup in your car, you can just swap the daiquiri over to that and no one will know until the toxicology report comes back.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

TotalLossBrain posted:

Isn't nature wholesome and beautiful

It's the stuff like that which makes the wholesome stuff like Capybaras, dogs (and ravens playing with wolf puppies) and stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvM89vyn5pE&t=572s stick out all the more. Nature doesn't play by any rules beyond "live long enough to reproduce" and yet we have a whole Blessed thread which seems to exist just to spite the cursed nature of existence.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Ngl I do my best driving after a couple drinks. Smoothest corners and stops.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
If I were the animal in nature I would simply min max my way to survival like the mighty panda

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

By popular demand posted:

Smart play is to go drinking late enough that after closing time you can just pass out within walking distance of the bar and wake up early to sleep off the hang over before repeating.

I knew a guy who got a DUI for doing that even though the keys were in the back seat and his seat was completely reclined.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

I knew a guy who got a DUI for doing that even though the keys were in the back seat and his seat was completely reclined.

He should have fought the ticket.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

FlapYoJacks posted:

He was a bar regular so I’m not entirely sure whether he was lying or not. Just remember the story. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t his first DUI.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

In pretty much the entire USA, if you and the keys are both in the car, it's drunk driving.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

rydiafan posted:

In pretty much the entire USA, if you and the keys are both in the car, it's drunk driving.

Yep, if you're going to sleep it off in your car you throw your keys underneath your vehicle for that very technicality :eng101:

e:
Not speaking from experience or anything, don't get the wrong idea! At the time I was driving a pickup so I just put everything in my front pockets and lay down in the 'bed' :coal:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 17, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Usually you turn red when you do that.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

McGavin posted:

Usually you turn red when you do that.

If your entire toilet turns red during a movement please go to the ER immediately :ohdear:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

nah, red hulk is cool. he’s like the hulk with a mustache

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Turkish Hulk

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Hülk

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hulk need more fiber in diet

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
What an interesting parasite.

Wikipedia posted:

There are a few cases of accidental parasitism in vertebrate hosts, including dogs and humans. Several cases involving Parachordodes, Paragordius, or Gordius have been recorded in human hosts in Japan and China.

Oh no

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Antigravitas posted:

What an interesting parasite.

Oh no

He's not a great drummer but seems a bit unfair :(

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Anyone who tunes their drums like that is deserving of scorn.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Antigravitas posted:

Anyone who tunes their drums like that is deserving of scorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xui06jwWaAM

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0rTUsnk9M

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's he saying there at the end? I don't know much French but those seem like good words to keep on hand.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Jesus, that skier seemed remarkably chill and under control for very nearly dying and still being a whisker away from death.

Glad the hear they made it out.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Karate Bastard posted:

What's he saying there at the end? I don't know much French but those seem like good words to keep on hand.

"Oh le con" meaning "I'm/he's a loving idiot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenaBoy
Jan 7, 2005

I like to fart in the bathtub and bite the bubbles...GRAVITAS!!!

mobby_6kl posted:

What's a good use for an Eames lounge chair?

Thought of this post when I encountered one recently.