Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pablo Bluth posted:

Hulkenberg will have the opportunity to podium tomorrow, but as soon as he realises he will bin it.

This is the Way.

He will fall back to 11th after the first round of pitstops.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Charles Leclerc posted:

He will fall back to 11th after the first round of pitstops.

Optimistic.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

incredible quali

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Anything below that is really of no note.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
LeClerc's about ready to snap for good, storm off in the middle of a race, and go become a fisherman or something.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

marshalljim posted:

LeClerc's about ready to snap for good, storm off in the middle of a race, and go become a fisherman or something.

Leclerc is taking this a lot better than Marc Marquez is with Honda being poo poo in motogp. He was flipping off the bike and ended up crashing 3 times in qualifying lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

look at that frog. shaking hands with people and waving. trying to pretend he's a human. but we know the truth. we know.

Genetically predisposed to being good in conditions where it’s not completely wet and not completely dry

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

marshalljim posted:

I'm not a ferrari guy but I want them to win for leclercs well being

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Leclerc being like this is probably the only window we will get for softs and his team telling no we actually want to lose, as a joke

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
niko podiumberg

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lol sainz only got a 3 place grid penalty for all those gently caress-ups

still ferrari international aid i see

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sunk Dunk posted:

Unlucky for Albon

unlucky for gasly tbh

Sunk Dunk posted:

lol sainz only got a 3 place grid penalty for all those gently caress-ups

still ferrari international aid i see

lmao how did he get away with that

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

“The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 5​​5 (Carlos Sainz), the driver of Car 1​​ 0 (Pierre Gasly), team representatives and reviewed positioning/marshalling system data, video, timing, and in-car video evidence.

The driver of Car 55 stated that he was surprised that the driver of Car 22 overtook him into Turn 13 and as a result he accelerated late to start his fast lap.

The driver of Car 10 stated that the driver of Car 55 could have and should have “gone earlier”.

Telemetry showed a significant speed differential between Cars 55 and 10.
Although the overtaking move by Car 22 took the driver of Car 55 by surprise, it is our determination that the driver of Car 55 was predominantly to blame and unnecessarily impeded Car 10.”

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Did they forget that Gasly, not Sainz, is the one that was/is close to a race ban with his penalty points and gave that slap on the wrist.
Like Sainz was a full on clown performance all qualifying.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

tony quidtana posted:

Leclerc is taking this a lot better than Marc Marquez is with Honda being poo poo in motogp. He was flipping off the bike and ended up crashing 3 times in qualifying lmao

It does have a whiff of a meltdown but honestly it's way more understandable to me given the personal risk. I cannot believe he didn't get black flagged for running across a live track.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I took a nap and had a dream that Daniel Ricciardo was going to take me for a ride in a red bull

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

I took a nap and had a dream that Daniel Ricciardo was going to take me for a ride in a red bull

Him and will arnett can give your ears the ride of a lifetime tomorrow

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
what's a good place to get fast f1 news that isnt reddit. im pretty sure there were more grid penalties but who the gently caress knows

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1670226831373479939?s=20

Hulk loses P2

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Wow, anti-German and anti-American bias from the fraudulent layperson Stewards

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sunk Dunk posted:

what's a good place to get fast f1 news that isnt reddit. im pretty sure there were more grid penalties but who the gently caress knows

F1 website?

Boooooooo

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

These are the decision docs but they get posted on Twitter fast anyways.

https://www.fia.com/documents/championships/fia-formula-one-world-championship-14/season/season-2023-2042

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Toe Rag posted:

It does have a whiff of a meltdown but honestly it's way more understandable to me given the personal risk. I cannot believe he didn't get black flagged for running across a live track.

Marquez's meltdown is completely understandable as is LeClerc's. Why Marc even bothers getting on the bike though is one for the ages.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sounds like Lewis could win this???

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

After reading that, Lance Stroll and Yuki also got three position drops for impeding.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
So do we have the final grid now

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunk Dunk posted:

So do we have the final grid now
VER - ALO
HAM - RUS
HUL (+3) - OCO
NOR - PIA
ALB - LEC
SAI (+3) - PER
MAG - BOT
STR (+3) - GAS
DEV - SAR
TSU (+3) - ZHO

Perez and Sainz on the same row.... After Albon and Chuck.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Provisional starting grid was just posted.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/decision-document/2023%20Canadian%20Grand%20Prix%20-%20Provisional%20Starting%20Grid.pdf

VER ALO
HAM RUS
HUL OCO
NOR PIA
ALB LEC
SAI PER
MAG BOT
GAS STR
DEV SAR
TSU ZHO

Efb

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
logan up to 18, blessed

e: in picture form

Sunk Dunk fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 18, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://twitter.com/IndyCaronNBC/status/1670143149858062337

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

don't mess with toowoomba's finest

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

Marquez's meltdown is completely understandable as is LeClerc's. Why Marc even bothers getting on the bike though is one for the ages.

Marc could win Canada GP tomorrow.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I love how absolutely terrible Ferrari is. They all take turns and find new ways to screw up every single race. Besides Alonso being awesome, it is legitimately the most exciting thing about this season.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

I knew it was too good to be true but this just sets the stage for an epic comeback for our hulk to bag his first podium.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Russell was only going to punt him off, say "blimey golly gosh the jerry came out of nowhere" and get no penalty anyway

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lol that the highest starting Ferrari engine is in the back of a Haas

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I love how absolutely terrible Ferrari is. They all take turns and find new ways to screw up every single race. Besides Alonso being awesome, it is legitimately the most exciting thing about this season.

I've been watching F1 for decades, and I can't recall a stretch of years when a well funded team like Ferrari constantly shot themselves in the foot over and over like this.

daslog fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

daslog posted:

I've been watching F1 for decades, and I can't recall a stretch of years like this when a well funded team like Ferrari constantly shot themselves in the foot over and over like this.

There was less exposure to it thanks to worse TV coverage but pre-1996 Ferrari did a lot of miserable flailing after their last championship.