Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ChickenMedium posted:

He's thought to have had Marfan's Syndrome, so he'd break his own ankles if he tried a crossover.

He'd wrestle people while he was a lawyer and (maybe?) on the stump. He was tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also Zion’s value has never been lower and the Pels are already doing the typical organizational move of leaking like crazy that they want off of him so they can hopefully spark a feeding frenzy in trade negotiations, that combined with Zion himself saying the relationship is hosed means he’s in my mind a done deal for getting traded. Compounded with 1) new ownership at the Hornets probably wanting to make a huge free agency splash and 2) them having the actual pick the Pels need (do you honestly think NOLA and Portland would even be able to pull off a trade of that magnitude in the ten minutes between picks even if the Hornets don’t pick Scoot? Because I don’t) says to me that the Hornets will probably end up with Zion with maybe a slight overpay for him. Like, I just don’t see anybody breaking the bank for Zion, you’re betting he somehow gets into shape, and stops having injury concerns, and his personal problems don’t overshadow his motivation or become and active distraction from the basketball, and he most importantly finds his drive to be the caliber of star player that he was for literally only one year at NOLA.

Like tbh whatever team gets him is, to be quite honest, kind of assuming the risk here. There’s so many question marks and so many red flags that I cannot possibly see any team trading for him giving up a ton of poo poo for him, he’s just too much of a liability as presented for any team to gamble in him. Even now the bet is “I guess the Pelicans organization is like really bad at managing stars, and we can do better” as the “excuse” for how lovely he’s been the past couple of years.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Lincoln would have been like Scottie Pippen

black moods, long arms and intensely wiry strong, a great helper but not the sole agent behind a great triumph in history

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Zion to the Nets, the Nets give all remaining draft picks until 2036

zion is traded to the blazers by the 2023 trade deadline

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/RB9GotNext/status/1669892797791346688/photo/1

Grant williams liking a post where someone calls scottie barnes autistic (theyre friends)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/dailyloud/status/1670100687248662531?s=46

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

NieR Occomata posted:

Also Zion’s value has never been lower and the Pels are already doing the typical organizational move of leaking like crazy that they want off of him so they can hopefully spark a feeding frenzy in trade negotiations, that combined with Zion himself saying the relationship is hosed means he’s in my mind a done deal for getting traded. Compounded with 1) new ownership at the Hornets probably wanting to make a huge free agency splash and 2) them having the actual pick the Pels need (do you honestly think NOLA and Portland would even be able to pull off a trade of that magnitude in the ten minutes between picks even if the Hornets don’t pick Scoot? Because I don’t) says to me that the Hornets will probably end up with Zion with maybe a slight overpay for him. Like, I just don’t see anybody breaking the bank for Zion, you’re betting he somehow gets into shape, and stops having injury concerns, and his personal problems don’t overshadow his motivation or become and active distraction from the basketball, and he most importantly finds his drive to be the caliber of star player that he was for literally only one year at NOLA.

Like tbh whatever team gets him is, to be quite honest, kind of assuming the risk here. There’s so many question marks and so many red flags that I cannot possibly see any team trading for him giving up a ton of poo poo for him, he’s just too much of a liability as presented for any team to gamble in him. Even now the bet is “I guess the Pelicans organization is like really bad at managing stars, and we can do better” as the “excuse” for how lovely he’s been the past couple of years.

1. Lmao teams all the time have the baseline of a deal in place if there is a player available in the draft. If Scoot falls they would have already had talks with various teams about the framework and structures of the deal and just need to say yes pull the trigger.

2. In what world was Zion lovely last year or any year he's actually played basketball.

Dude was his normal insanely good self for those like 30 games he played.

If you think he's a risk because of injury sure. But as far as like him actually on the court he is still insanely loving great.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

If this is true, it's really funny to me that without the sense of security of his original gun, he turned to a novelty lighter for naughty teens, and kept it on his person

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Dexo posted:

If you think he's a risk because of injury sure. But as far as like him actually on the court he is still insanely loving great.

My point is that he’d have to want to get on the court. And a 30 game sample size alongside two other at least really good to outright great players doesn’t mean poo poo. That’s kind of my point; you’re just assuming that all of his problems just evaporate the instant that he gets traded, ie “I guess the problem all along was NOLA doesn’t know how to manage stars, and we can.” Like i you know. Said.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

If this is true, it's really funny to me that without the sense of security of his original gun, he turned to a novelty lighter for naughty teens, and kept it on his person

Ja pulls out a grenade in a crowded movie theater lol jk guys it's actually a lighter!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao Zion played 60 some odd games in 20-21 and had a TS of 64.9% on 29.8% usage

Dude has been consistently great whenever he is on the loving court. Definitely not "lovely" like you know Said.

What makes you think he doesn't want to get on the court.

Dude has had injuries, just like Embiid had a bunch of season ending injuries in his first couple of years.

But to say he doesn't want to play is some real weirdo projection poo poo.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
dig UP ja!!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

They should also change the name back to the Bullets while they're at it

yes please and also force the Nets to be the Swamp Dragons like they always should have been

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Porfiriato posted:

There's a local media guy in PHX with connections to the team who usually races to throw a wet blanket on every "the Suns are trading for X" rumor (and he's usually right). Not only has he confirmed the Suns' interest he seems to think Miami isn't serious about wanting Beal, so I don't know WTF the Suns are thinking.

Assuming this is for CP3 and Shamet, then that means Ayton would 100% be gone as well, because Booker+Beal+KD+Ayton+literally 11 guys on vet minimums would still be over the second apron.

It ain’t a hit until Nate Dogg spit except Gambo instead.

In a way the Phoenix move is the biggest prayer from both sides. Phoenix praying that the influence of Book and Durant get him to not ignore Vogel and play in the scheme at least on one end of the court. Washington is praying maybe they are the most favorable city with real superstar team up money in 2024-2025 season.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lincoln would have been like Scottie Pippen

black moods, long arms and intensely wiry strong, a great helper but not the sole agent behind a great triumph in history

Fidel drawing the double team on the drive, kicks it to Lincoln who then makes a great read on the close-out to hit Bin Laden for the alley-opp in heaven.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1670190148070391812

Your newest Toronto raptor.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

yesssssss

quote:

[Spears] Warriors expect Draymond to opt out of final year of contract

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

zions a young dude whose floor if he plays looks like perennial all star. thats not someone who gets traded for peanuts, and generally availability stuff just hasnt factored that heavily into the price for guys tbh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

in the process of looking into this apparently GSW are saying they have interested parties calling up wanting Jordon Poole and I'm really wondering just what exactly their strategy is.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I think Scoot is supposed to be real good and Zion is about to enter his big money years. Obviously the Pelicans know more about Zion that any other team, but if they aren't excited by his medicals or behavior or whatever, I think getting the #2 pick, who a lot of people are saying would be an easy #1 in other years, seems like a decent off ramp.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

verbal enema posted:

Hey we're not that fragile. Pistol Pete had it and he trucked a long

Wait, what the gently caress? I thought Maravich's thing was that he was missing an artery.

You're telling me he was missing an artery and he had Marfan's and he played professional ball and also is the all-time leading scorer in college? Now I'm more surprised that the dude even made it to 40.

Rick posted:

Fidel drawing the double team on the drive, kicks it to Lincoln who then makes a great read on the close-out to hit Bin Laden for the alley-opp in heaven.

This was one of the things I envisioned when I came up with my basketballgm time vortex Let's Play, but it was just too much work for me to take on when I wasn't up for doing much work.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

got some chores tonight posted:

I think Scoot is supposed to be real good and Zion is about to enter his big money years. Obviously the Pelicans know more about Zion that any other team, but if they aren't excited by his medicals or behavior or whatever, I think getting the #2 pick, who a lot of people are saying would be an easy #1 in other years, seems like a decent off ramp.

The Pels aren't looking to move Zion. If someone blows them away with an offer, they'll take it. But not for just Scoot. They will want lots more because they know his value to other teams is that high.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The solution to their spacing problem: a guy who can reach the rim from midcourt.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Apparently Kevin Durant has marfans

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah like Scoot is promising. I love Scoot as a prospect.

But like Zion was once again like one of the best NBA prospects ever.

And when on the court has managed to live up to that status.

It would be an insane own goal by the Pels to not try and figure it out with Zion so long as he wants to be there, unless someone offers just an absurd package.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My mom told me Pistol Pete had marfans but I just looked it up and he didnt but Kevin Durant does so all I can say is if you dont immediately detonate an artery playing a full paced NBA game than you're going to be very good

Again wishing I cared about bball when I was younger

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

verbal enema posted:

Again wishing I cared about bball when I was younger

Jokic is an inspiration to goons

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that really good swimmer guy also has marfans so clearly if we dont die we're the best athletes the evidence is clear

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Legit still super pumped about Jeff Green getting a ring

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1670134152027590657?s=19

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

verbal enema posted:

Legit still super pumped about Jeff Green getting a ring

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1670134152027590657?s=19

marylands finest since stevie franchise

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Draymond Green is just bad now right? Why would he throw the money away by opting out?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Forrest on Fire posted:

Draymond Green is just bad now right? Why would he throw the money away by opting out?

he was 2nd team all defense and continues to have elite passing and can run offenses like a pg. he just cant shoot worth a poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

He's not bad. Not great anymore. Still good.

But still a pretty key cog in that offense and defense.

edit: My guess is he ends up signing a deal that's a bit less per year than what he was making but a longer term deal.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 18, 2023

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Forrest on Fire posted:

He was still 2nd Team All-NBA Defense this last season, and deservedly so. I genuinely don't know what he thinks is out there, but there's gotta be a few other teams willing to throw money at him.

The annoying/funy thing is that he's almost certainly best with the Warriors, so whoever pays for him expecting the current level of production is going to lose that deal.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ammanas posted:

he was 2nd team all defense and continues to have elite passing and can run offenses like a pg. he just cant shoot worth a poo poo.

Same

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Draymond to cleveland

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So...Washington knows this isn't that Nikola right?
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1670194860370919427

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Here is a hearty chuckle
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1670207105200971777

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

verbal enema posted:

Draymond to cleveland

im sorry but that is not funny