Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Wow, all 17 of that guy's videos are tailor made for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hogama posted:

I did notice, in the scroll-through, that none of the Monster Hunter Rise characters were in the list... wonder if we don't get the crossovers at all. That sure would be a thing since the DmC 5 crossover was the most recent new event, lol.

apparently all the collab stuff won't be included in Offline.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder if they’re going to rebalance the gameplay at all in the offline version (like making some of the later bosses less ridiculous damage sponges for example)

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Sea Lily posted:

apparently all the collab stuff won't be included in Offline.

It's weird that that apparently includes Capcom-specific collabs too, though.

Maybe it'll be DLC later or something, to entice more sales.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's a shame, Gore iCO is really good and fun to use, and Xante and Zergil are ridiculously overpowered since they're near end of service units where they stopped giving a gently caress and everything hits the entire screen while giving you every buff and 5 seconds of invincibility and also they heal you.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Really weird that they couldn't include collabs when the only ones they ever did were with other IPs Capcom owns. Were the Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, and DMC teams that ashamed?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
You know a gacha is failing when they terminate it before at least making it to the summer banner

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

You know a gacha is failing when they terminate it before at least making it to the summer banner

Actually they’ve had at least two summer banners over the years

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Playing mega man ZX 2 and it still owns

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

Actually they’ve had at least two summer banners over the years

Yeah but if they’re sunsetting it in June you’d think they’d at least truck through to July and butter their bread

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is all just a cover up so they don't have to release Speedo Sigma cause Capcom are cowards

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah but if they’re sunsetting it in June you’d think they’d at least truck through to July and butter their bread

Actually the online version doesn’t disappear until late September, I assume the offline one will go live towards the end of the year

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 13, 2023

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is all just a cover up so they don't have to release Speedo Sigma cause Capcom are cowards

:hmmyes:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

EU X Dive got Banchou Sigma this week with Sukeban Erato most likely to follow next week, and I've already pulled him twice in three 10-pulls (one free, one with metals, one coupon).

Definitely best Sigma.

It is cool that the game gets preserved in some way after EOL, but I'm not gonna bother redoing the grind. Though it'll definitely be ripe for just cheating.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm gonna CheatEngine in mountains of premium currency.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I will win by not playing.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Has anyone here played 30XX? 20XX was fine but I didn't like the Flash art style which the sequel has completely changed up. It looks like it's getting a complete release on Switch soon so I was wondering if anyone could share some impressions of the EA version on Steam and how close it already feels to being complete.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

The only 30xx for me is the super edgy rockman neo fangame

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I went back and played Megaman 11 again, and it's such a good game with extremely flexible difficulty options that the game disguises as upgrades. If you wanna Megaman 2 it with no bells or whistles so you can force yourself to rely on skill and clever weapon usage, you can! And if you wanna go full-on Megaman 8 easymode with a charge shot that can disintegrate God and while being immune to pretty much anything resembling a fail-state, it's all right there. The Robot Masters are fun and characterful, the music is pretty good, the unlockables are neat, and the only thing it's missing is Bass and Protoman appearances. I'm honestly shocked that in today's DLC-addicted landscape Protoman and Bass didn't become paid-for playable characters.

That's what makes the DiVE poo poo so frustrating! Capcom can make good Megaman games that sell well! But if it's not yet another photorealistic remake or Monster Hunter, they won't touch it! I'm actually astounded they released a new Street Fighter game.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

Has anyone here played 30XX? 20XX was fine but I didn't like the Flash art style which the sequel has completely changed up. It looks like it's getting a complete release on Switch soon so I was wondering if anyone could share some impressions of the EA version on Steam and how close it already feels to being complete.

I never played 20XX because I was put off the the art style and I don't usually care for roguelite stuff. I put like 20 hours into 30XX when it first launched in Early Access after playing the Steam Next Fest demo they had the year before. That's how much I liked it when it was at its most barebones. I decided to hang it up until full release, though, just so I'll have stuff to look forward to. My Steam news says it's at like version 0.55 as of last week. They seem confident they can release this year going by the Switch trailer. Looking forward to it.

Movement is really on point which is extremely important for me in a MMX-like, and there's some nice quality of life/accessibility stuff like automatic charging and being able to chain dash jumps by just keeping the dash button held instead of having to press it for each subsequent jump.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Truxton posted:

I never played 20XX because I was put off the the art style and I don't usually care for roguelite stuff. I put like 20 hours into 30XX when it first launched in Early Access after playing the Steam Next Fest demo they had the year before. That's how much I liked it when it was at its most barebones. I decided to hang it up until full release, though, just so I'll have stuff to look forward to. My Steam news says it's at like version 0.55 as of last week. They seem confident they can release this year going by the Switch trailer. Looking forward to it.

Movement is really on point which is extremely important for me in a MMX-like, and there's some nice quality of life/accessibility stuff like automatic charging and being able to chain dash jumps by just keeping the dash button held instead of having to press it for each subsequent jump.

What's the amount of death pits like? I remember that was kind of a big issue with 20XX, where they just sort of had entire stages taking place over death pits, or lava pits, or the like. It was pretty annoying.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

20XX had fun boss fights but the stages didn't feel like megaman stages. i feel like the task of convincingly procgenning a real "megaman-like" stage is way more difficult than what they actually did in 20XX so it's hard to blame them, but i hope they're a little more solid this time around

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

What's the amount of death pits like? I remember that was kind of a big issue with 20XX, where they just sort of had entire stages taking place over death pits, or lava pits, or the like. It was pretty annoying.

Pits aren't an instakill (Because that would be hell in a roguelite) but the level designers love 'em, yeah. I remember the cathedral tileset in particular having some really obnoxious platforming. That being said, getting your hands on the double jump or airdash (Which lets you also dash upwards, and is essentially another jump) upgrades made it easier to deal with, as does Ace's (Great Value Zero) shoryuken he gets from beating the gorilla monk boss, that thing was an awesome mobility tool when I was playing it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-ncF9rw8o

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That's fuckin sick

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Just stumbled on the trailer for this. Seems like a promising MMX-inspired game to watch out for.

https://twitter.com/GravityCircuit/status/1606016890094030848

Less than 2 days

https://twitter.com/GravityCircuit/status/1674077518666579971

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

I didn't even know Gravity Circuit was a thing until it was mentioned here. I just played through the demo and I'm sold. I rebound the run command to the right most face button because I have too much twisted muscle memory from all the X games to do otherwise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've been assuming it was an F Zero clone this whole time.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://store.steampowered.com/app/858710/Gravity_Circuit/
It's out, $16.99 US.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If anyone’s tried it yet, how is it?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Larryb posted:

If anyone’s tried it yet, how is it?

I've only played the intro stage and a bit of one not-robot master, but it's already showing promise.

Controls feel really good. Both platforming and combat have a lot of depth in how you can approach obstacles/enemies. It's challenging right off the bat and feels like something you need to 'get gud' at versus brute forcing.

Going in, I didn't care whether the story was good or not, but it's surprisingly compelling and the characters have charm.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

gandlethorpe posted:

I've only played the intro stage and a bit of one not-robot master, but it's already showing promise.

Controls feel really good. Both platforming and combat have a lot of depth in how you can approach obstacles/enemies. It's challenging right off the bat and feels like something you need to 'get gud' at versus brute forcing.

Going in, I didn't care whether the story was good or not, but it's surprisingly compelling and the characters have charm.

was hoping to hear something like this, gonna pull the trigger. Though it's like $22 on the PS store as opposed to $17

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A cool little bit of Mega Man history was found.

https://www.rockman-corner.com/2023/07/english-translated-mega-man-1-design.html

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Wow, they were thinking about having a steadily-decreasing life bar (Adventure Island style) and having decreased health affect your jump height. That would've been terrible.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Though they were also thinking of having Gutsman's weapon not be completely useless if you weren't near a rock, too.

Kind of funny to see that the initial six line up was always supposed to be eight, but originally didn't include Iceman, either.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kurui Reiten posted:

Though they were also thinking of having Gutsman's weapon not be completely useless if you weren't near a rock, too.

Kind of funny to see that the initial six line up was always supposed to be eight, but originally didn't include Iceman, either.

Also apparently Oilman wasn’t invented by Powered Up (though I wish they’d kept his original design shown here) and Bubbleman was originally going to be in the first game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gravity Circuit’s a lot of fun, it’s very heavily inspired by the Zero series and has great combat and music. Love throwing dudes into other dudes

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

gravity circuit kicks rear end

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Gravity Circuit is fantastic. I turned on the invert option for dashing in the options so now I'm always sprinting. With that and the double jump you have absurd mobility, and several techniques allow for further shenanigans. Always be going fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

Bond man??