Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

BioEnchanted posted:

When it's a threesome do they call it "Thigh-thagoras' Theorem"?

Thigh-shag-oras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

...! posted:

Orcas are rad, and are actually dolphins :)

Killer Whale is actually a mistranslation, it should be Killer of Whales or Whale Killer.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Air Skwirl posted:

Killer Whale is actually a mistranslation, it should be Killer of Whales or Whale Killer.

Killer Whale is correct, it's just 'Killer' as in 'Awesome' or 'Radical'

They're a very 90s cetacean species

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Killer Whale is correct, it's just 'Killer' as in 'Awesome' or 'Radical'

They're a very 90s cetacean species

They aren't actually whales.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

They scare the ever living poo poo out of barky boys. Bunch of fat, terrified fucks scrambling out of the water, and up the rocks all of a sudden? Cool, orcas are here!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cetacean taxonomy is stupid. "Toothed whales" encompasses dolphins, including orcas. So they're both.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
What they are is comrades

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They are literally orcs

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

For posterity, this was the guy's profile pic when that article was first published

Needs a slice of cheese on his head.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Air Skwirl posted:

Dolphins are just Lite Whales imo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

mycatscrimes posted:

Dolphins are just Lite Whales imo

Actually true, the only difference is size

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
One of the burning questions about whales in the cetacean community is how the hell they fit 2 humpback whales in a Klingon B'Rel-Class Bird of Prey as seen in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. They try and fit 2 humpbacks in there, it's gonna be canned whale-meat time. You couldn't even fit one in there. Do they expect is to believe that somehow Scotty could fit 2 whole whales in the diminutive Bird of Prey? Do they take us for FOOLS?! No sir, there be no whales there, no whales at all. And don't get me started on those rumors about multiple sizes of Bird of Prey ships, or the so-called larger K'Vort-class BoP, those are clearly all shark lies to spread misinformation.

I hope some designer at Paramount lost their job for this monumental blunder.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
They stored most of their mass in the Transporter Buffer, clearly. They had 2 tiny whales on board.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

BioEnchanted posted:

They stored most of their mass in the Transporter Buffer, clearly. They had 2 tiny whales on board.

They also could have used that plant that makes you small.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Air Skwirl posted:

Technically, they're fish, as are all other vertebrates.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Angry Salami posted:

Technically, they're fish, as are all other vertebrates.

There are no such things.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Vertebrates are the trees of the animal kingdom

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Here's a clothing op ed I wish someone would write: should we bring tailors back and make them more accessible? Because thanks to loving mass produced sweatshop clothing it seems nothing fits me and is constantly falling apart. I look like a child in his dad's clothes most of the time. There were a bunch of startups for bringing more custom made clothing to the masses and they all seem to have flopped. I don't get why more people don't complain about this? Are there no short men (especially in Europe)? People with different body proportions? What gives?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It’s classist to want good things.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Worst Pokemon evolution I've ever seen.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

AceOfFlames posted:

Here's a clothing op ed I wish someone would write: should we bring tailors back and make them more accessible? Because thanks to loving mass produced sweatshop clothing it seems nothing fits me and is constantly falling apart. I look like a child in his dad's clothes most of the time. There were a bunch of startups for bringing more custom made clothing to the masses and they all seem to have flopped. I don't get why more people don't complain about this? Are there no short men (especially in Europe)? People with different body proportions? What gives?

My legs literally did not exist in men's sizes. Fortunately I transitioned into a super common women's size, so I'm absolutely fine now.

Maybe everyone who can't find clothes that fit should just transition and get clothes that do? I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cleretic posted:

My legs literally did not exist in men's sizes. Fortunately I transitioned into a super common women's size, so I'm absolutely fine now.

Maybe everyone who can't find clothes that fit should just transition and get clothes that do? I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work.

Would help my shoe situation at least. Apparently my feet are gargantuan for a woman and no store will ever stock more than two or three models in my size, all of which will be ugly as gently caress. Meanwhile, looking over to the men's section, I'm a bit below average, but still well within the normal range.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I have never in my life understood why shoes are gendered. At least nike and vans usually make a wide enough size range that I can still get the fun colors and patterns in my size.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Yeah, gendered shoes are really frustrating. I buy cheap hiking sandals from Lidl or Aldi. They last about 1/2 as long as the usual better brands, but they go for around 12-20 euro as opposed to 80.
Next week is sandals week

I want plain, stomping through the woods sandals dammit. The smallest men's size is a 7.5, where I wear a women's 6, but if they trend small, they might still work for me.

edit: oops, I thought this was the Women's Fashion Megathread

Pookah has a new favorite as of 15:23 on Jun 18, 2023

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

AceOfFlames posted:

Tailors are absolutely still a thing and it's definitely worth getting things tailored. I'm tall and thin so everything is either extremely short in the sleeves or it fits and billows around me like I'm supposed to have an extra hundred pounds on me. My choices are either getting things tailored or only ever wearing t-shirts and tank tops

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cleretic posted:

My legs are short and my torso is long so this could be considered an argument from nature that I should be wearing a dress.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Dresses own in the summer and everyone should wear them

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

My legs are short and my torso is long so this could be considered an argument from nature that I should be wearing a dress.
Don't dresses and/or skirts have the advantage that they can work with a larger (longer) set of leg lengths, vs trousers?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

endocriminologist posted:

There's a reason why people in the desert wear long robes. We've had this figured out for millennia.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bird of Preeey

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

Pookah posted:

Yeah, gendered shoes are really frustrating. I buy cheap hiking sandals from Lidl or Aldi. They last about 1/2 as long as the usual better brands, but they go for around 12-20 euro as opposed to 80.
Next week is sandals week

I want plain, stomping through the woods sandals dammit. The smallest men's size is a 7.5, where I wear a women's 6, but if they trend small, they might still work for me.

edit: oops, I thought this was the Women's Fashion Megathread

With merrell hiking shoes/sandals I can confirm that a woman's 6 is fine in a "Big Kid's" 4, and they last a good long time. And they're on sale right now.

Don't know which country you're in here's a:

U.S. Link:
https://www.merrell.com/US/en/kid-footwear-sandals-boys/#prefn1=bigKidShoeSize&prefv1=4&prefn2=genericSizeType&prefv2=K

and a

German Link:
https://www.merrell.com/DE/de_DE/merrell-sandals/#prefn1=bigKidShoeSize&prefv1=4&prefn2=genericSizeType&prefv2=K

for some examples.

Click the flag at the top right to change country.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

HelleSpud posted:

With merrell hiking shoes/sandals I can confirm that a woman's 6 is fine in a "Big Kid's" 4, and they last a good long time. And they're on sale right now.

Don't know which country you're in here's a:

U.S. Link:
https://www.merrell.com/US/en/kid-footwear-sandals-boys/#prefn1=bigKidShoeSize&prefv1=4&prefn2=genericSizeType&prefv2=K

and a

German Link:
https://www.merrell.com/DE/de_DE/merrell-sandals/#prefn1=bigKidShoeSize&prefv1=4&prefn2=genericSizeType&prefv2=K

for some examples.

Click the flag at the top right to change country.

This is great, thanks :) I've had merrells before and yeah, they are very sturdy. I've noticed the handy overlap between the largest kids sizes fairly average women's shoe sizes to my benefit before. I'm in Ireland, so the size I'm talking about is a US 8 / UK 6 / EUR 39

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Lookit these numskull goons who wear shoes

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

AceOfFlames posted:

In my town there's like a handful of shops that do clothing repairs and modifications, prices aren't awful high either, but the issue is that the sweatshop clothes are of such abysmal quality that even modifying them risks tearing them sooner. They literally recommended I consider just getting a good pair of pants from a more expensive store and bringing that in for repairs instead of bringing my Primark jeans every few months. So even if we brought back tailors I feel like that wouldn't fix your problem, and the thing that would fix it is just...having more money to buy better quality clothes.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AceOfFlames posted:

Skilled handwork, which most tailoring is (yes, running a sewing machine is handwork) doesn't come cheap, unless you're in a country where most labor is cheap. In the US, a dry cleaner will often have a sign for garment tailoring, although the quality of the tailoring you get is a dice roll.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

The internet is weird

https://twitter.com/AKP0226/status/1670127203143794688

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

*feverishly sorting my stereotypes* Just like a woman to make a wrong turn at a critical moment

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

endocriminologist posted:

God, I would kill for men wearing dresses and long skirts to be normalized. I don't think I could look good in a dress, but I would love to wear a long skirt to not suffer as much from the summer heat.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

PurpleXVI posted:

God, I would kill for men wearing dresses and long skirts to be normalized. I don't think I could look good in a dress, but I would love to wear a long skirt to not suffer as much from the summer heat.

It really loving sucks that wearing a skirt/dress is still so taboo for men in the west. On a hot, sunny day, a floaty long skirt/dress is 100% the most comfortable thing to wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

yes please, im so sweaty and hot in jeans.