Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Wake up at 5 a.m., start working
Continue working through the day
Go to bed at 2 a.m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

sleep is my favourite hobby i could never abide by that

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Boba Pearl posted:

Wake up at 5 a.m., start working
Continue working through the day
Go to bed at 2 a.m.

I was totally on board with this until I noticed it was 2am, not 2pm

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Oda’s said that it explicitly won’t be that, because he hates poo poo like that
Made me think of an old Sluggy

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Messer Papero

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty sure One Piece is just going to actually end on the real treasure is the friends we made along the way.
The One Piece is going to turn out to be a piece of swimwear

Tree Bucket posted:

Oda schedule?

Eiichiro Oda, the One Piece guy. One Piece has been running for 25~ years and the guy has written/drawn over a thousand chapters of roughly 20 pages each in that time. Even with assistants it’s pretty impressive to maintain that kind of output for so long

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kit Walker posted:

The One Piece is going to turn out to be a piece of swimwear

La-Mulana did it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

there it is

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
some truly outstanding work out of heathcliff today

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I don't usually post the Sunday strips cause they're mostly the bland and inoffensive crap that we've all come to expect from newspaper comics, but every once in a while there's a good one.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Tree Bucket posted:

Oda schedule?

This isn't Oda's, but is supposedly indicative of a fairly "normal" schedule for a shonen jump mangaka:

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, I'm with you 100%. I read Heathcliff daily but I frequently question why I bother with the Sunday comic at all, because they're usually quite different and not really worthwhile.

I always forget that it's Sunday

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Decap attack comic unlocked my childhood memories of playing on the sega mega drive the original Japanese version of the game, with a very different aesthetic. The western changes definitely make it a lot more memorable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTu9aXc-I8M

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I don't know anything about 'Decap Attack' but every time I see the monster's name it reminds me of someone else who's also in comics these days: https://z2comics.com/products/chuck-d-apocalypse-91-public-enemy-graphic-novel-vinyl-lp

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

La-Mulana did it.
lol, exactly

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: Thanks for reading! This is the final book, and I hope you enjoy it!
e: Or at least that was the plan, but Abaddon later decided to split the rest of the story into two books

quote:

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS

BOOK 5

BREAKER OF INFINITIES

Alt: Thanks for reading this far! We have a wild ride ahead, please stick with me for the next sequence as I anticipate it's going to be a huge pain in the rear end to draw.

quote:

Catastrophe

Alt: Discordance of the Demiurges

quote:

“The dread masters of this world meet under two circumstances: to discuss the terms of our enslavement, or absolute apocalypse. There is no good of their coming together. Much like a man will tell a storm is coming by the color of the sky, if you should see their meeting, you had best head for high ground.”

– Musko Reeve

Alright, so, I'm a bit at odds about this book. I'm not going to talk about what actually happens in the story, but I'll spoil the next part since I'll talk a bit about the structure of the book itself. Most of it is essentially one big fight. I felt, at times, that it really dragged on, but this could also just be because Abbadon's posting schedule slowed down tremendously because he was dealing with a lot of stuff in his personal life. I'm curious to see how it holds up on a revisit, especially with the rate at which I've been posting things myself

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phthisis posted:

some truly outstanding work out of heathcliff today

Dann, Matty, really living up to your surname there

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kit Walker posted:

Alright, so, I'm a bit at odds about this book. I'm not going to talk about what actually happens in the story, but I'll spoil the next part since I'll talk a bit about the structure of the book itself. Most of it is essentially one big fight. I felt, at times, that it really dragged on, but this could also just be because Abbadon's posting schedule slowed down tremendously because he was dealing with a lot of stuff in his personal life. I'm curious to see how it holds up on a revisit, especially with the rate at which I've been posting things myself
I read through it first time last month without (major spoilers for this arc) the posting schedule and as a block it reads perfectly fine, although fridging Cio feels like a weak move. It's definitely the weakest of the books but that sounds harsher than I mean it because it still features some top-shelf manga-style fight sequences..

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I haven't been keeping count, but I'm pretty sure we're nowhere near six billion at this point. Promises were made!

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (June 25-July 12, 1939)

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Kit Walker posted:

Alright, so, I'm a bit at odds about this book. I'm not going to talk about what actually happens in the story, but I'll spoil the next part since I'll talk a bit about the structure of the book itself. Most of it is essentially one big fight. I felt, at times, that it really dragged on

I kind of tuned out of the whole tournament arc. It felt like two little kids on the playground arguing about shooting each other with a gun that can shoot through any shield vs a shield that can block any gun. Kind of disappointed that we’re just going back to more interminable fighting especially since the last five minutes with White Chain’s incarnation and Allison’s reunion made it look like we were finally going to do something character or setting related.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

lol, exactly

Kill Six Billion Demons

Lemony posted:

Guys, I can't stop, please send help.

mind the walrus posted:

I read through it first time last month without (major spoilers for this arc) the posting schedule and as a block it reads perfectly fine, although fridging Cio feels like a weak move. It's definitely the weakest of the books but that sounds harsher than I mean it because it still features some top-shelf manga-style fight sequences..

I really don't think Cio is dead-dead. That mask shard that Alison pulls out of her arm is flashing big "WE CAN REBUILD HER" energy

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

(equally major spoilers)
Abbadon said to trust him on that point and knowing the nature of devils I don't think her fate has been so easily decided. I'll revisit this when we get to that point. I will say, while the fight itself lacks plot, everything that happens afterward is extremely good so I think it balances out overall

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I haven't been keeping count, but I'm pretty sure we're nowhere near six billion at this point. Promises were made!

What if we got the remaining 5,999,999,999 in one fell swoop?

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Jun 18, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Boy I can't wait for solomon to step aside from this fight and let his empire choose their own destiny.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

All the killed demons have extremely large families exclusively depending on them as a breadwinner.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Flipperwaldt posted:

All the killed demons have extremely large families exclusively depending on them as a breadwinner.

That’s why the last book is entitled “Adopter of Orphaned Demon Children”

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

:five:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Kill Six Billion Demons? Nah I'm tryin to Kiss My Devil Girlfriend.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
just sayin', anyone can Kill Six Billion Demons if they don't kill you first, but it takes a real hero to Smooch One Blue Imp

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
they're devils, not demons!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Extra Ordinary

This comic started in 2009, so cutesy relatable antics about a girl and her cat(s) weren't played out yet. Even still this does manage to be a bit more creative than the usual fare, if only by mixing in some good ol' 00's humour.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

Extra Ordinary

I didn't realize it had been around that long, I think I've only seen the later stuff with more refined art.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Reserve your tickets now!

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Extra Ordinary
This comic started in 2009, so cutesy relatable antics about a girl and her cat(s) weren't played out yet. Even still this does manage to be a bit more creative than the usual fare, if only by mixing in some good ol' 00's humour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy posted:

Cathy is an American gag-a-day comic strip, drawn by Cathy Guisewite from 1976

Don't stop posting it it's fine, but I was amused when you said this very Cathy webcomic wasn't played out by that point.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, Mr. Spook's fork got broken apart and Beanish participated in the Total Eclipse crossover.

Alright, long one today, since it's just seven comic pages and the rest is letter pages and contest, but I don't want to leave out those. We get a little more insight into Beanish—he's not just an artist, he's the shaman of the bean tribe. Total Eclipse was his shamanic journey.

Hurl Warriors

I especially appreciate this page for being one of less than a hundred pictures on danbooru with the tag "autodefenestration".

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chainclaw posted:

Don't stop posting it it's fine, but I was amused when you said this very Cathy webcomic wasn't played out by that point.

The real creativity here was in coming up with a gag comic featuring pet cats, as opposed to the dogs featured in Cathy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tunicate posted:

Boy I can't wait for solomon to step aside from this fight and let his empire choose their own destiny.

Lmao yeah

Right lesson, wrong time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Kill Six Billion Demons, eh? And there aren't actually any demons in KSBD; they're devils.
But the population of earth is, well, about six billion, right...?

e: aww, 7 billion. I really thought I was on to something there!!!

I know, I know. KC Green must be the guardian angel of the internet or something, just producing hit after perfectly iconic hit.

drat horror queefs posted:

This isn't Oda's, but is supposedly indicative of a fairly "normal" schedule for a shonen jump mangaka:

Um. Wow! Well, that's horrifying. I'm going to assume that's hugely exaggerated. If not- well, there's a question: at want point do you stop being a consumer of content and start being an enabler of artists destroying their lives?

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Jun 18, 2023