Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I need Norris to win a race. Make quali who can setup a Twitch stream fastest.

:hmmyes:

:lando:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Everyone quiet down or F1 management will hear you talking about changes to qualy and add more sprint races.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Everyone quiet down or F1 management will hear you talking about changes to qualy and add more sprint races.

they should add actual sprint races: line everyone up on the start-finish straight and have them run a 100 meter dash

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
They should do qualifying like that episode of Star Trek where the two planets are fighting a war through computer simulation

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sunk Dunk posted:

They should do qualifying like that episode of Star Trek where the two planets are fighting a war through computer simulation

fortnite battle royale decides the grid

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I need Norris to win a race. Make quali who can setup a Twitch stream fastest.
I'm afraid Max would also take that one, considering the man lives in his sim/stream rig when not racing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sunk Dunk posted:

They should do quali like Enders game and they fight to the death naked and soaped up

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Fixing F1 is pretty simple really. You make it so you are allowed to hit other cars, but if you also sustain enough damage to pit then you're required to have Ferrari manage your next race.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

They removed the wall of death at turn 1-2?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

???

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fixing F1 is pretty simple really. You make it so you are allowed to hit other cars, but if you also sustain enough damage to pit then you're required to have Ferrari manage your next race.

Just make the cars sturdy enough to run on wec rules, with a number of spare per race instead of championship. You destroy the car? You can try going to the pits and hope your mechanics can sort the car in time to still stay on points.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
No qualifying. Grid order determined by fastest pit stop time from the previous race.

Previous race results flipped for a reverse grid sprint on Saturday.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

At Disneyland right now and I'm seeing a lot of people with Lewis Hamilton hats

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

what they really need to do imo is just start clamping down properly on drivers going too slow. if you go out on track, you have to drive at a decent pace even on your outlap and cool down lap. none of this slowing down to build gaps and shite. penalise harshly and stamp it out.

Yeah this is all just a lot of words for "Maybe don't park in the middle of the loving track."

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

fortnite battle royale decides the grid

Tekken 7, arcade sticks only.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Zedd posted:

I don't know, Really3D's Mega Roulette seems worth trying tbh.

This was a good one

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

what they really need to do imo is just start clamping down properly on drivers going too slow. if you go out on track, you have to drive at a decent pace even on your outlap and cool down lap. none of this slowing down to build gaps and shite. penalise harshly and stamp it out.

Three grid penalties for impeding in one race seems like a good step.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Dudley posted:

Yeah this is all just a lot of words for "Maybe don't park in the middle of the loving track."

Just let the drivers 180 after the start-finish line and come back in the pit exit. Then there won't be anyone trundling around on cooldown laps.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Witeldram posted:

At Disneyland right now and I'm seeing a lot of people with Lewis Hamilton hats

Maybe they ran out of Goofy hats?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

SlowBloke posted:

Maybe they ran out of Goofy hats?

Yeah the loving Dutch stockpiled those…

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
F1 should adopt two quali rules from Indycar:
1. If you cause a red / yellow flag that causes people to lose laps, you lose your fastest lap so far
2. Move the timing line to before pit entry so that cool down laps are unnecessary

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

opposable thumbs.db posted:

F1 should adopt two quali rules from Indycar:
1. If you cause a red / yellow flag that causes people to lose laps, you lose your fastest lap so far

Nah, it's hilarious to see the driver who is in a rocketship get pissy about not being able to set the fastest lap like in Monaco last year or when Rosberg fake binned it to deny Hamilton pole.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Rename the safety car the Dangermobile and have it drive around the track in the wrong direction during qualifying

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Rename the safety car the Dangermobile and have it drive around the track in the wrong direction during qualifying

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
George looks like he's going to grow into a douchier version of Michael Caine when he gets older.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Arc Hammer posted:

George looks like he's going to grow into a douchier version of Michael Caine Martin Brundle when he gets older.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the dan ric and will arnette commentary is going to be brutal. someone watch that for me and let me know

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Charls car is borked lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:ferrari:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Brundle is so loving awkward every time

Also :ferrari:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Did they forget to remove the pasta from the cooling ducts?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sunk Dunk posted:

the dan ric and will arnette commentary is going to be brutal. someone watch that for me and let me know

temped to try it out as the illegal stream site i use has a separate listing of streams for that one

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's a loving dire grid walk when he's chasing Lance and the only person who wants to talk to him is Gordon Ramsay.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lol. lawrence didn't even get the entire grid walk done....

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

should have got terrance and philip for the anthem

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

My favourite description of George Russell was that he has a bit of an IT company director vibe about him.

I've been finding of late that the grid walk and the post-race Notebook have been the best part of the race weekend for me. I think I'm starting to fall out of love again, which is a shame.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

What did they switch on Charles car?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

smackfu posted:

What did they switch on Charles car?

Linguini -> Spaghetti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005