Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

George H.W. oval office posted:

Blizzard marketing good

I love my dead gay necro son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

youre replying to the original question. unfortunately the goalposts were immediately moved and youll need to reply to that one now

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

okay story finished. #lilithwasright

Definitely some wonky dialogue and short term stuff, but the overall plot direction was far more fun and interesting than any part of d3. Pity the dlc hook was so incredibly disappointly stupid and obvious to bring it down after the actual ending. Speaking of, also a slightly disappointing final fight, both statistically and mechanically she feels underdone, like she should have hit harder, moved faster, and had another trick or two up her sleeve. Way easier than several of the earlier bosses I fought.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wanted to see what the hgihyl esteemed guides would recommend in the same situation

lmao

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Bosses with those totems that chain and restrict your movement are extremely bad

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

you just gotta hit the totems

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That seems correct? Your weapon damage is also its own multiplier and you can't stack it anywhere else.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Stux was going strong until he disengaged hard. He's obviously wrong on the tooltips though, they don't explain enough.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the slapfight is stupid because the game doesn't give you enough info by itself to make informed decisions but everyone who cares enough is gonna look for answers outside the game anyway. only a matter of time until someone makes a site that pulls in your characters armory and tells you exactly what stats to prioritize for upgrades

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Hey guys, quick question. If you had to decide, would you get this on Ps5, which I have a decent 4k TV to play on, or my PC which I only have 1080p (3060RTX, I forget my cpu but it's definitely older)? I'm not familiar enough with this style of game to really know what I might like best.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kawabata posted:

Stux was going strong until he disengaged hard. He's obviously wrong on the tooltips though, they don't explain enough.

They do a pretty good job.

Except for what I just ran into which was I have no idea what Nearby means. But it apparently means "on your screen", which sucks. I got the Scent of Death legendary paragon node which would be 15%x damage if no corpses are Nearby, but.............. corpses are 95% of the time Nearby. At least you still get 15% DR when 2 corpses are Nearby (on your screen).

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Stux posted:

wanted to see what the hgihyl esteemed guides would recommend in the same situation

lmao

best way to make more damage, is more damage

Please smash that like and subscribe buttons

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Hey guys, quick question. If you had to decide, would you get this on Ps5, which I have a decent 4k TV to play on, or my PC which I only have 1080p (3060RTX, I forget my cpu but it's definitely older)? I'm not familiar enough with this style of game to really know what I might like best.

They'll both be fine, and both are playable with a controller... so really it's if you A) want to use a mouse and B) want to sit on the couch. I guess there's also paying for PS Plus if you don't have it. While atmospheric sometimes and general ok to look at there is nothing in this game that is going to benefit from a higher resolution.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kawabata posted:

i never said they do. i said u dont need to do anything but follow what is on them to do 90% of the content in the game.

Stux posted:

everything in the game has big flashing lights and underlines on single words on skills that you can just match up and ignore everything else and faceroll anything that isnt the top end of end game. do u guys just want cookie clicker.

you can go entirely by the tooltips and not look at guides and do fine until you hit higher nm content, and if youre already at that level when most people still havnt cleared the campaign you dont need vulnerable damage explained to you. ppl like u yelling about this poo poo when it doesnt matter to most people is why ppl start thinking they need a levelling build guide for a game where u could click stuff at random and still get to wt4.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

There's a bug on PS5 where when I open the map the game freezes. Nice

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Mailer posted:

Barbs and Druids managing to keep near-100% Unstoppable uptime is the reason you see them where they are. That and armor because oops resistance doesn't work. Hell even your cc doesn't matter when mobs will preempt it with theirs.

Like I get your point, but you're arguing with a gimmick so...

Go get your builds that someone with more free time than you has spreadsheeted out and have fun playing them... or don't, I'm not your boss. If you actually wanted the multipliers here ya go. No, nothing ever tells you that and the game's use of [+] and [x] is inconsistent.

That sheet says attack speed doesn't affect Whirlwind, it did in Diablo 3, strange that they changed it. I guess I should switch the aspect I am using that increases the attack speed when critting with core skills then. So hard to see what is actually doing a difference when you are doing like 500k crits.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

explosivo posted:

There's looots of levels of nightmare dungeons, upgrade what you can with ancestrals and keep pushing. Pretty soon a majority of the drops you get in dungeons will be ancestral and some Sacred.

So fun addition here - nightmare dungeons in particular drop higher quality items all else equal! Blue post discussed here:

https://youtu.be/7ZWkKHDCMZs

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

smoobles posted:

There's a bug on PS5 where when I open the map the game freezes. Nice

Yeah they brought back Duriel

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Are there any builds/classes that play notably better with a controller? Just curious on this.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
NM dungeons are a lot more fun in a group, in case anyone is curious

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Psyker posted:

Are there any builds/classes that play notably better with a controller? Just curious on this.

Anything melee obviously but I’ve played ranged and melee with one and it works great. You’re making some trade offs with like precision placement but gaining a bunch in terms of things like avoiding boss mechanics and character placement. I think wasd movement would be the best of both and hope they add that at some point, apparently Immortal’s PC version had it

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Necro corpse targeting skills are way easier to use on a controller, I still prefer mouse and keyboard but you need to actually hover corpses instead of just looking in their general direction

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I'm playing a Rogue ranged build with my wife, and it's pretty generous about auto-targeting as long as you're pointing in generally the right direction as an enemy.

You will sometimes hit a different guy than you wanted to -- this is mainly a problem with something like trying to use Shadow Step on a specific enemy in the middle of other enemies. The game isn't great about deciding what you "meant" to hit (spoiler: it's always the elite so I can stun it).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How are people liking Barb and Druid? Think I might roll one of those for my first season 1 character.

Loving my Rogue so far but variety is always good

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
barb rules pretty hard. only class I've played but got up to 72 and enjoyed it after completing the campaign

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Never mind, got in.

Thronde fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 19, 2023

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

NM dungeons are Diablo is a lot more fun in a group, in case anyone is curious

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

How are people liking Barb and Druid? Think I might roll one of those for my first season 1 character.

Loving my Rogue so far but variety is always good

I'm liking how tanky Druid is, I've been swapping builds while leveling to 50 depending on the legendaries I get and even with the crappiest builds I feel unkillable.

I tried d4builds.gg landslide leveling build but it felt awful to play but the idea of having every pet was fun and it feels better after I swapped out landslide for tornado

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Druid feels pretty bad to level until you get any of the good aspects for any of the builds at which point you are an unkillable screen killing monster until at least WT4.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I'm barely level 15 but I've been enjoying druid, mostly for the aesthetics tho. Being a big wolf man with a pack of wolves, occasionally throwing boulders, is fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve only done pulverize Druid and it’s a blast

There are lots of little things you can do in the build

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
how do the fields of hatred work in HC? am i just at an intense amount of risk trying to get the altars down there at level 40 or whatever

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
My highest character is a level 61 Necro, and while she's good so far, the endless wailing and gnashing of teeth from those further along is not very encouraging.

Does it really become nigh-unplayable later on, or is that just usual gamer kvetching and grass being greener?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Verviticus posted:

how do the fields of hatred work in HC? am i just at an intense amount of risk trying to get the altars down there at level 40 or whatever

Might take a few characters to get all of the altars, but since the stat upgrade is for the account, I just made a level 1 guy to run in and grab them. I recommend beating the game first so you have a horse and can just warp to a closer spot. It took me 2 level 1's to get the 3 shrines in the lower PVP area since there is pretty high mob density near them, but for what its worth I did not see another person.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Verviticus posted:

dead is dead, even if its from another player

on that note, I wonder if how many people are going for that "get 20 Hardcore PvP kills on one character" challange

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

My highest character is a level 61 Necro, and while she's good so far, the endless wailing and gnashing of teeth from those further along is not very encouraging.

Does it really become nigh-unplayable later on, or is that just usual gamer kvetching and grass being greener?

The leveling curve is literally a wall at 70 so your XP gain will feel significantly slower at that point, and it gets harder to find gear that is better than what you have so it can feel like a slog but I mean that's fuckin Diablo. The endgame activities are also pretty limited so you'll be doing a lot of the same dungeons and helltides over and over. But again, that's Diablo, baby.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I wish it would stop crashing/hanging up whenever warping back to town, seems to happen half of the time now with the most recent updates.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Yeah you'll have to be a bit more specific about what you're worried people are bitching about because gamers will bitch about literally anything

My necro is 70 and has felt great from the get go and over a few different builds.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's taking me a bit of getting used to. No longer do I have to pump up stat slots, it's primarily a skill tree, no longer are magic items hidden but stats are revealed right away....different a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

My bone spear Necro is tearing poo poo up in WT4 still, feels great to me