Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Doors opened at 9:45, I was checked out by 9:55. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They drew a picture of my kids after we checked out. They loved it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

No Butt Stuff posted:

Dads got your nose.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

No Butt Stuff posted:

Like backs up 60 people deep.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cracker posted:

I live in mar Vista on the edge of Santa Monica so my local Costco about three miles away would be marina del Rey. I'm sure it's cheaper than the ones right by it but I just checked the app and it's the exact same price of the gas station near me ($4.39 a gallon still sucks). Just my experience there is usually a gas station close by that has prices pretty similar was just curious if that is different elsewhere.

That Costco also has a in-n-out right next to the gas pump so that part of the lot is always a pain in the dick.

Oh god this Costco is the worst. Hate going to it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Had this costco octo in the fridge for a couple months finally grilled it and made some tacos was pretty good but not sure I'd get it again. Comes pre cooked in a blister pack type thing and has a pretty long use by life as long as you keep it in the fridge.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

Had this costco octo in the fridge for a couple months finally grilled it and made some tacos was pretty good but not sure I'd get it again. Comes pre cooked in a blister pack type thing and has a pretty long use by life as long as you keep it in the fridge.

You had seafood in the fridge, not freezer, for several months, and then you're gonna say it's not that good?

This bird must pay for food crimes against humanity.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
man, if I have unfrozen seafood I am using it the day I get it or else I'm freezing it. I can't even imagine.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

10/10 from a GWSP poster. Bonus points for the spoon filled with unidentifiable gloop.

DiomedesGodshill fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 19, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It's pasteurized and packaged, the best by date is september.

If you buy a can of tuna do you think you have to use it the same day?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That gloop is pretty easily identified :colbert:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I can't imagine how horrible the texture would be of frozen octopus grilled.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

It's pasteurized and packaged, the best by date is september.

If you buy a can of tuna do you think you have to use it the same day?

I'll give you a hint, seafood in cans or retort pouches don't need to be refrigerated, but your vacuum bag seafood still does. Because things are happening to it.

Maybe it's fine, I just take exception to you thinking it's fair to review it like that. If you've had it a few months and it's best by is September, then by definition it's half-past fresh.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

That gloop is pretty easily identified :colbert:

I apologize. I've been raked over the coals here for food photography and it wasn't fair to you to judge the food in a photo.

DiomedesGodshill fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 19, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

I'll give you a hint, seafood in cans or retort pouches don't need to be refrigerated, but your vacuum bag seafood still does. Because things are happening to it.

Maybe it's fine, I just take exception to you thinking it's fair to review it like that. If you've had it a few months and it's best by is September, then by definition it's half-past fresh.

It was refrigerated you tit.

It's not fair to review it using it as directed, nowhere near it's best by date, for a product that literally advertises its long shelf life?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe i should have microwaved it instead of grilling it would that have been more "fair"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Well guess what maybe they should have tightened up that best by date because I'm starting to feel like I've got octopus diarrhea

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

as far as costcos with lovely parking lots, here's one near my area I always dread going to even tho it's probably the best 'co to shop in the city:
-only two ways to get in/out of the parking lot and one of them shares it with the gas guzzlers
-half the parking lot is at an incline
-not enough parking spots for how big it is

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Costco: I've got octopus diarrhea

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Just gonna eat this month old seafood that's been hanging out on my fridge... What could go wrong.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Well guess what maybe they should have tightened up that best by date because I'm starting to feel like I've got octopus diarrhea

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

False alarm I just needed to fart a lot.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

In my house we call that "passing wendigas"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

this looks awful

eating seafood that's been in the fridge for months sounds awful

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shelf stable tentacle

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Month old seafood is best prepared as ceviche imo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Rufio posted:

Month old seafood is best prepared as ceviche imo by throwing it in the loving trash

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

wicked same

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Could a mod please fix the typo in my av text
I just noticed it and I think it's going to give me a brain aneurysm

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Could a mod please fix the typo in my av text
I just noticed it and I think it's going to give me a brain aneurysm

own your mistakes and pay the $5

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

own your mistakes and pay the $5

it was a gift

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh what's the word with the broom?

Bird I think you're right for using it and I would bet even fresh in the vac sealed package would be the same. My wife won't eat octopus and I've not had it a lot so I'll probably never get it to make at home.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smugworth posted:

it was a gift

then respect your benefactor's $10

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

People don't realize that octopus lasts a very long time in the fridge. People also don't realize that octopus tentacles will grow fun multi-colored fur patches for months after death. It takes a little bit to grow in, but it really changes the flavor profile in exciting ways.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I feel like some people in this thread don't understand that this:

is not the same as this:

and they don't need to be treated in the same manner. Like if waiting a month makes your crab (or octopus, or whatever) lovely then the manufacturer should probably put that on the packaging rather than touting its long shelf life.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
lmao he slurry-pooped out the fridge tentacles and defends his dishonorable position

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Having to shamefully discard of something you bought and either couldn't finish all of it or just forgot about it before it expires is a costco food tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Costco prime ribeye for dinner tonight delicious!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:patriot: