Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Stux posted:

how can you have a discussion with a baby crying over not having its pacifier. oh no, the game isnt a straight line i walk down and recieve loot :qq:

Well the dungeons do put in a loop here and there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I don't have a lot of faith in a dev team that hosed up resistances this badly.

Or didn't realize how hosed up their gem system was until after launching the game.

Or decided that playing whack-a-mole with the player base over which of the 120 forgettable preset dungeon layouts is the most efficient by 0.015% was better than procgen.

But hey, maybe someone else will take over and the game will be good someday. Worked for D3.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Francis posted:

Or didn't realize how hosed up their gem system was until after launching the game.

Or decided that playing whack-a-mole with the player base over which of the 120 forgettable preset dungeon layouts is the most efficient by 0.015% was better than procgen.

But hey, maybe someone else will take over and the game will be good someday. Worked for D3.

first post in the thread, cringe

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Francis posted:

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Francis posted:

thats right

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Those Gae Kul boys... at it again... they're about to have a rumble with those Ked Bardu ruffians...

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

God loving drat it I'm beating my head against this stupid wt3 capstone boss and I'm maybe making some headway and the loving game disconnects and claims my account is locked, so I guess I just get to go to bed angry.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
anyone else having issues using a controller for pc where it stops accepting inputs despite still being connected and found a fix? ive found some forum posts complaining about it and ive never had this problem so im inclined to think its a bug rather than a problem with the controller but its annoying as poo poo. using an 8bitdo sn30.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Up to 60ish on the PS5 Couch Co-op the entire way, this is one buggy AAA game, it hard locked the PS5 multiple times. The second player had tons of weird lag and DC issues, like they would get disconnected but I wouldn't on the same console. Overall the game was decent, I feel there needs to be more interesting aspects/build options per class for sure.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

anyone else having issues using a controller for pc where it stops accepting inputs despite still being connected and found a fix? ive found some forum posts complaining about it and ive never had this problem so im inclined to think its a bug rather than a problem with the controller but its annoying as poo poo. using an 8bitdo sn30.

someone in a discord I'm on was having controller issues when steam was open while they were playing.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Desert Cops, by Slayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFYi1jKpNl8

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People earlier in the thread were confused by finding good gear, came across this video tonight and thought it would be helpful; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWkKHDCMZs

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

^^ yeah, posted already :)

If there's ever something obvious that is wrong with a well funded game, the answer is very rarely "core dev team is oblivious." or "they did no testing." It's much more likely know exactly what's wrong, but:
1. Monetization got in the way
2. They ran out of time fixing bigger issues
3. HIPPO - Highest Paid Person's Opinion, aka some leadership thinks it's not a problem / it's actually Good Game Design / had other pet priorities

#3 is most insidious, so let's see how it shakes out.

Stash issues could be #2 or #3. I doubt they'll sell a 5th tab for real money. Nightmare keys not teleporting is definitely #3 since it was there in the closed beta and turned off on purpose, good they see the demand now.

Not having LFG / better clans and not on the dev update is my biggest gripe atm. Would be nice if they invested a lot in social. Goon discord just doesn't help that much finding HC groups.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

I really can't wait till the nightmare sigil teleport patch. At level 75 this is what the game has to offer it seems now I've done all renown. Other content seems really not worth it at all, so nightmare looping feels absolutely necessary.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
have they said if they're gonna add monk/paladin later

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstnameLastname posted:

have they said if they're gonna add monk/paladin later

They said they're going to add a bigger, buffer Druid first

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I played the beta and now just bought it. So it seems like cellars don't really do anything still? Or am I missing something?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

They give 1 whisper reward, and sometimes, if you've been a good hero, have a yellow drop from the reward chest

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Great game overall, just finished it.

I think I am going to give hardcore a proper try now. I have a HotaA barb lvl 30 which I reckon I will push to the high lvls and maybe switch to bleed barb later.. but IDK. Feels as if the game is specifically designed to gently caress you over

Did anyone get to 70+ hardcore yet? Any pointers?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Can someone point me to a good leveling barbarian build guide? My friend liked the earlier levels but he's been struggling in his 40s. I'm in WT3 so I just jump in and blow away bosses he has problems with. His damage against groups sucks but he's actually really good against single targets. A lot of bosses summon groups and he struggles with that.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
D4 is underbaked because
- gear progression being gated behind the main story makes no drat sense
- the horse is just an ability to dash, similarly gated behind arbitrary nonsense
- the horse sucks to control
- it takes 16 seconds to run from your stash to a vendor
- aspects being items you have to inventory manage
- aspects sharing the same drat icon across categories
- vendors don't have "sell all common/rare/legendary" button
- status effects and keywords are not explained in game even though they are key

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Can someone point me to a good leveling barbarian build guide? My friend liked the earlier levels but he's been struggling in his 40s. I'm in WT3 so I just jump in and blow away bosses he has problems with. His damage against groups sucks but he's actually really good against single targets. A lot of bosses summon groups and he struggles with that.

Icy veins never disappoints. Their lvling barb build is HotA with a healthy amount of fury generation, unbreakable uptime and deathblow spam which is super fun if you can 1shot stuff your lvl
https://www.icy-veins.com/d4/guides/barbarian-leveling-guide/

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Mr. Pickles posted:

Did anyone get to 70+ hardcore yet? Any pointers?
I think someone hit 100 on hardcore like two days after early-access release?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Zephro posted:

I think someone hit 100 on hardcore like two days after early-access release?

Yeah definately, I was hoping for any type of goon do's and don'ts.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Mr. Pickles posted:

Ah, sorry, misunderstood!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mbt posted:

all that fun you were having is fake. after 200 hours its obvious you were tricked. pack it in blizzailures, back to the lols thread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Pickles posted:

I played without any guide or help or playing any arpg since d2 like 20 years ago and honestly playing blind has made the game fun and exciting, not knowing whats coming next kept the game fresh until i finished it a couple days ago. Now im trying a totally different character and will try different build strats from what i had last time piecing together what did and didnt work on my own. It really does feel more rewarding working it out yourself.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BrianBoitano posted:

^^ yeah, posted already :)

If there's ever something obvious that is wrong with a well funded game, the answer is very rarely "core dev team is oblivious." or "they did no testing." It's much more likely know exactly what's wrong, but:
1. Monetization got in the way
2. They ran out of time fixing bigger issues
3. HIPPO - Highest Paid Person's Opinion, aka some leadership thinks it's not a problem / it's actually Good Game Design / had other pet priorities

Stash issues could be #2 or #3. I doubt they'll sell a 5th tab for real money. Nightmare keys not teleporting is definitely #3 since it was there in the closed beta and turned off on purpose, good they see the demand now.

Not having LFG / better clans and not on the dev update is my biggest gripe atm. Would be nice if they invested a lot in social. Goon discord just doesn't help that much finding HC groups.

It's Blizzard, it's #3.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

BrianBoitano posted:

Depending on whether or not you believe the reports coming from inside the house, it was multiple #3s. In the end the true heroes of D3 were the unnamed people who took over when all the Creative Visionary Geniuses left and just made the game fun for the hell of it.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Are world bosses supposed to have decent rewards and I'm just really unlucky or do they just suck?

I've done 2 in the past couple of days on WT3 at ~lvl55 and the drops were worse (both in quantity and quality) then an average tree cache. I think the world boss cache dropped something like 5 items with only 1 sacred and 1 legendary.
At least they don't take long to do and the 2 barrier aspects I have on my necro (barrier when damaging elites + barrier when bonestorm damages) means my dude is pretty much invulnerable. The biggest issue is resource generation since I don't have any decent aspects for that yet, so the fights are just a series of burst damage with bone spear -> tickle the boss with the generator for corpses and resource -> burst damage -> repeat until it's dead. Even then it's only an issue with world bosses, regular mobs and bosses go down pretty quickly.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's funny that Tier II world bosses are all down to the wire, often only killing it with a minute or less left, people getting exploded left abd right and running back in as they respawn and then Tier IV it just explodes in less than a minute lol

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

So I've done extensive testing at the level 80 mark, stacking lucky hit and using blizzard with ice spikes to spawn meteors with orb, with firewall, and it was working pretty good.

I then dropped the third skill and just went blizzard and ice shards on the bar (blizz to freeze and vuln ice shards because aoe is no issue) and unfortunately it's so much stronger than any other option (ice shards already maxed for the enchant anyway).

I was feeling pretty good about my theory crafting and stuff but it looks like ice shards is just so much stronger that I'm just intentionally hamstringing a cold build if I don't use it. It's just better damage, better proc rate, everything about it is stronger.

On the plus side there is no need for firebolt enchant as meteor spawns all the time with a 28 percent lucky hit chance on shards (this must also apply to the free shards) so I'm getting great returns on the immobilize affix and devouring blaze.

At least blizzard has a role in the build, packs are really safe to do, bosses get staggered so quickly, it's only supressor elites that can be hairy if I don't get them with a big group.

flashman fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 19, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is there a world boss schedule because at level 60 I still haven't seen one come up

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Francis posted:

these devs are loving killing us out here and the gobvernment is doing NOTHING

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Mailer posted:

Depending on whether or not you believe the reports coming from inside the house, it was multiple #3s. In the end the true heroes of D3 were the unnamed people who took over when all the Creative Visionary Geniuses left and just made the game fun for the hell of it.

There were so much arrogance from the original d3 folks when the game released, it is kinda hilarious the game became better without them.

much like any company projects with a management with an ego honestly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vic posted:

D4 is underbaked because
- gear progression being gated behind the main story makes no drat sense
- the horse is just an ability to dash, similarly gated behind arbitrary nonsense
- the horse sucks to control
- it takes 16 seconds to run from your stash to a vendor
- aspects being items you have to inventory manage
- aspects sharing the same drat icon across categories
- vendors don't have "sell all common/rare/legendary" button
- status effects and keywords are not explained in game even though they are key

wow.... 16 seconds?? these fucks must hang.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Is there a world boss schedule because at level 60 I still haven't seen one come up

There is a twitter account that tracks them

https://twitter.com/game8_d4boss

or if you want to stay away from twitter, Astryl set it up so the tweets automatically go to the "World boss alerts" channel in our discord.

https://discord.gg/wWPBAb6AxU

or if you want to stay away from discord then I don't know

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

One other thing I've been meaning to post, there is a site that tells you if a hell tide is active and tracks where all the mystery chests are.

https://helltides.com/

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

This twitter account posts them

https://twitter.com/game8_d4boss

Edit: gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I wish they spawned more often. Maybe when they add in a couple more.