Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I AM GRANDO posted:

Why is Biden two-face? I remember it from his legion of doom strip where lex luthor was a leather guy, but I don’t remember what it was supposed to symbolize. Nothing, like the redt of his bullshit?

the_steve posted:

I think it was just supposed to be because "He says X in public, but he secretly feels Y about it."
Where "it" was probably groping or grooming kids.

Or maybe it was a dementia thing. Sleepy Joe one minute, then wide awake and lucid and ready to do evil the next.

Nah, it’s entirely the first thing, “he says he’s here to unite us and work with the other side, but then why isn’t he helping us kill [slurs]??????????”

First appearance I could find since Biden’s election:

followed by

quote:

a few days later to really declare that this is going to be his motif for the administration going forward. Note Harris as the Joker (because she cackles amirite????) and two openly trans members of his administration as the Penguin and The Riddler, and someone who was right-wing hate-du-jour for being openly atheist or something as the Satanic Dr Strange or whatever. No idea who Poison Ivy is supposed to be.

Up to this point he said little to nothing about Trump or Biden, mostly trying to keep to his 90’s/00’s “really though both sides bad, they’re all controlled by wealthy elite who want you to mutilate your genitals” and then 2020-2021 he went full anti-vax, then ‘riots are bad and clearly cancel culture run amok’ segueing into “well maybe the only sane wholesome people left are MAGA off-the-grid types” into his current “alt-right let’s go Brandon groyper pede terf is good” poo poo.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

But can the AI do Ben Garrison cum edits? :smug:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

skeleton warrior posted:

a few days later to really declare that this is going to be his motif for the administration going forward. Note Harris as the Joker (because she cackles amirite????) and two openly trans members of his administration as the Penguin and The Riddler, and someone who was right-wing hate-du-jour for being openly atheist or something as the Satanic Dr Strange or whatever. No idea who Poison Ivy is supposed to be.

Poison Ivy is, I believe, a poorly done caricature of White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, whom Ishida also depicted as a secret lizard person giving trans people orders to murder cis white people. :shepface:

Sam Brinton wasn't even anywhere near a major part of the administration, either - looking things up, they were deputy assistant secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition for the Department of Energy. Totally a major behind-the-scenes player somehow, y'all.

No idea who the Dr. Strange is though.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

By popular demand posted:

Let me get the obvious out of the way:

Yes.

I mean obviously no, but also yes.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

?

??

The whole point of Vietnam in the 20th century is that none of the invading forces were successful.

Uh North Vietnam captured Saigon and won the war...

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They should have gone with Afghanistan which would be more applicable to Russia.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Albanese with Dutton and Greens leader Adam Bandt. HAFF = Housing Australia Future Fund. The government is trying to get its housing bill through but need the Greens which say they don't go far enough so they is a whole bunch of polticking going on between them (the Liberal/Nationals also oppose but no point convincing them).
Federal government to spend $2 billion on social housing around Australia (ABC).
Federal government concedes key housing demand in bid to secure Senate crossbench support, but Greens remain opposed (ABC).

Lethbridge:

Broelman:

Downes:

Tasmanian politics: while most want their own football team there is a lot of anger in having to spend a small fortune to build a new stadium which the AFL insists on having and it's causing a divide in the state.

Badiucao:

Leak, Son of Leak:

The government is pushing for 60-day medicine scripts in a move that is welcomed by doctor and patient groups but condemned by the pharmacy industry who are campaigning against it. The Australian is running a piece with Albanese's own pharmacist in Marrackville calling the policy a dud.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'll allow it

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

skeleton warrior posted:

Nah, it’s entirely the first thing, “he says he’s here to unite us and work with the other side, but then why isn’t he helping us kill [slurs]??????????”

First appearance I could find since Biden’s election:

followed by

Up to this point he said little to nothing about Trump or Biden, mostly trying to keep to his 90’s/00’s “really though both sides bad, they’re all controlled by wealthy elite who want you to mutilate your genitals” and then 2020-2021 he went full anti-vax, then ‘riots are bad and clearly cancel culture run amok’ segueing into “well maybe the only sane wholesome people left are MAGA off-the-grid types” into his current “alt-right let’s go Brandon groyper pede terf is good” poo poo.

Satanic Dr. Strange is Ra's al Ghul
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%27s_al_Ghul

I think Poison Ivy's supposed to be the press secretary?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karine_Jean-Pierre#:~:text=Karine%20Jean%2DPierre%20(born%20August,to%20serve%20in%20the%20position.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Stahler

Randall Enos

Drew Sheneman

Mike Thompson

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Today's no-good teens

"Portable" Telephone*

*Latest Fad

Sophisticated Adult

Reliable, Trusty Landline

Korner Kelly: NO-bile

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How old is E                    N                              O                    S? I can't imagine anyone under 80 making a comic like that.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Fister Roboto posted:

How old is E                    N                              O                    S? I can't imagine anyone under 80 making a comic like that.

He's 87. This has come up before, although he actually makes enough decent cartoons that it's easy to forget.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

VitalSigns posted:

Uh North Vietnam captured Saigon and won the war...
Right. The Vietnamese. Well known invaders in the country of Vietnam.

What?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Enos also continues to produce a large portion of his work in fuckin' linocut. More power to the man.

edit: Enos may deserve a special K- he's had a full history as an illustrator for National Lampoon and has a whole series of blog posts on his career over on Cagle's blog. I (and others) should probably subscribe to Cagle, especially in light of the death of the Nib.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 19, 2023

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Xander77 posted:

What?

North Vietnam had separated from South Vietnam, so they were already two separate countries at the time they had invaded South Vietnam.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Pick One Box

Ted Rall posted:

Facing multiple criminal indictments, Republican frontrunner Donald Trump might be in prison by election day 2024. Joe Biden, the Democratic incumbent and party frontrunner, is currently older than 96% of all Americans, a number that will only become bleaker by next year. It’s hard to argue that American democracy is alive and well. Which box will you choose?

First Dog on the Moon: Orcas are attacking boats - the marine revolution has begun

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
pure lmao at depicting Trump as a caged detainee.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

What's this, an actual moderately funny and non-hateful joke from Stiglich?

Ah, just a glitch in the system.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Ahh yes comparing someone who extra-judicially murders a homeless man on the subway with Batman. This is up there with Clarence Thomas justifying torture by saying Jack Bauer saved the country by torturing someone on a tv show.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah, whoof. Christians being fed to lions, hard proof of their persecution! Us Christians really felt it then! Glad we're finally out of those days.
When were those, again?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

logger posted:

Ahh yes comparing someone who extra-judicially murders a homeless man on the subway with Batman. This is up there with Clarence Thomas justifying torture by saying Jack Bauer saved the country by torturing someone on a tv show.
Scalia.

Kchama posted:

North Vietnam had separated from South Vietnam, so they were already two separate countries at the time they had invaded South Vietnam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Geneva_Conference

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, whoof. Christians being fed to lions, hard proof of their persecution! Us Christians really felt it then! Glad we're finally out of those days.
When were those, again?
Never happened. Yes they were wrote it did, no it did not

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Vib Rib posted:

When were those, again?
:jewish: So there was this ONE TIME and you keep milking it for sympathy for two millennia! and that's our thing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Pick One Box

bothisgood.gif

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pants Donkey posted:

bothisgood.gif

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

What?

That's what the original post was referring to yes.

I suppose you could have a philosophical debate about whether North and South Vietnam were legitimate states or not and therefore whether North Vietnamese soldiers entering the Republic of Vietnam were invading anything or not, but that wasn't the point. The op's point was how bad of an analogy the cartoonist was making.

I'm also not sure you would win that semantic debate. Did Union armies not invade the Confederacy because both sides were Americans and can't invade themselves? Did South Korea not get invaded since both sides were Korean? Is the DMZ a waste of money since it's logically impossible for North or South Korea to invade the other? Did the Berlin Wall not do anything since Germans fleeing from Germany to Germany couldn't be causing problems for Germany?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 19, 2023

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

That's what the original post was referring to yes.

I suppose you could have a philosophical debate about whether North and South Vietnam were legitimate states or not and therefore whether North Vietnamese soldiers entering the Republic of Vietnam were invading anything or not, but that wasn't the point. The op's point was how bad of an analogy the cartoonist was making.

I'm also not sure you would win that semantic debate. Did Union armies not invade the Confederacy because both sides were Americans and can't invade themselves? Did South Korea not get invaded since both sides were Korean? Is the DMZ a waste of money since it's logically impossible for North or South Korea to invade the other? Did the Berlin Wall not do anything since Germans fleeing from Germany to Germany couldn't be causing problems for Germany?

I was very much considering pointing out the Union vs Confederacy as a comparison because I didn't think he'd uh..

post this.

Pants Donkey posted:

bothisgood.gif

So both a dead president and an imprisoned president at the same time? Anyways, Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden, so it's not like he's a spring chicken himself.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trump’s death will be the most insufferable event imaginable. The man could go on stage and announce he has Stage 4 cancer with a pallet of medical documents backing him up, and we’ll still have multiple conspiracy theories about how Obama poisoned him or Biden had the FBI bathe him in radiation or #TrumpIsNotDead hashtags polluting social media.

Him being in jail will do a lot of the same, but has the benefit of Trump being humiliated and suffering some kind of consequence for his actions.

As for Biden, well, I just don’t like Biden.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wall to wall 'heart attack gun' memes.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump’s death will be the most insufferable event imaginable. The man could go on stage and announce he has Stage 4 cancer with a pallet of medical documents backing him up, and we’ll still have multiple conspiracy theories about how Obama poisoned him or Biden had the FBI bathe him in radiation or #TrumpIsNotDead hashtags polluting social media.

Him being in jail will do a lot of the same, but has the benefit of Trump being humiliated and suffering some kind of consequence for his actions.

As for Biden, well, I just don’t like Biden.

It'll be the same thing for Hillary. She'll have faked her death because Trump was totes about to LOCK HER UP and now she can run the Deep State in peace.

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mad how quick the dial shifts, like 12 months ago I cant imagine you being able to draw a cartoon that was just outright the character saying 'pride month is bad and queer people should keep quiet about it'

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And it's not like if it was called the Gay Acknowledgement and Acceptance Month those awful chuds would be any nicer.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kchama posted:

I was very much considering pointing out the Union vs Confederacy as a comparison because I didn't think he'd uh..

post this.

Ah so Union Armies didn't invade the Confederacy since it was never internationally recognized, they just got into some scuffles during a stroll to Richmond and it took them longer than they thought to have that picnic at Appomattox

This is fun because Korea was in a similar situation so:
  • Nobody invaded anybody in June 1950, there were just some Koreans from Korea going to Korea
  • In September the UN launched an unprovoked invasion of Korea, landing at Incheon. While they claimed it was North Korea that had committed the illegal invasion this is logically impossible because how can Koreans invade Korea lol.
  • UN forces quickly reached the 38th parallel and crossed it but this was unremarkable since they were already in Korea and simply going from Korea to Korea
  • The Chinese military was able to stop the UN invaders from reaching the Yalu River and drove them back to the 38th parallel but were unable to eject them from the country so Korea is still partially occupied by invading forces.

Makes perfect sense

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

This is fun because Korea was in a similar situation so:
  • Nobody invaded anybody in June 1950, there were just some Koreans from Korea going to Korea
  • In September the UN launched an unprovoked invasion of Korea, landing at Incheon. While they claimed it was North Korea that had committed the illegal invasion this is logically impossible because how can Koreans invade Korea lol.
  • UN forces quickly reached the 38th parallel and crossed it but this was unremarkable since they were already in Korea and simply going from Korea to Korea
  • The Chinese military was able to stop the UN invaders from reaching the Yalu River and drove them back to the 38th parallel but were unable to eject them from the country so Korea is still partially occupied by invading forces.

Makes perfect sense

When did you get a career working for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's propaganda history department?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Mad how quick the dial shifts, like 12 months ago I cant imagine you being able to draw a cartoon that was just outright the character saying 'pride month is bad and queer people should keep quiet about it'
i mean the whole point of the transgender panic was to allow them to try and reopen the gay rights debate and get a second stab at denying them rights.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Skios posted:

What's this, an actual moderately funny and non-hateful joke from Stiglich?

The point is to undermine public impressions of PA governor Josh Shapiro specifically, similar to those “urban crime” toons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Kchama posted:

So both a dead president and an imprisoned president at the same time? Anyways, Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden, so it's not like he's a spring chicken himself.

Rall's point isn't "age is bad", it's "both sides bad, therefore you shouldn't vote (and thus let Republicans win)"