Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Mine has a new nap spot, under my bed. That's also his new puking spot, so I had to pull my bed from the wall in a hurry when he started making The Noise. Dumbass likes to eat too much too fast, even though I got him one of those slow-down food dishes. (The dish has actually helped a lot, he makes himself sick much, much less frequently.) Fortunately it's a hardwood floor and he didn't have time to seek out carpeting to vomit on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

stop bringing deer ticks into the house dude

gently caress you rear end in a top hat

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

The French Army posted:

When he was fed he did his typical move of bulldozing all the food out of the bowl with his head and gobbled it up off of the floor.

Cats don't like things touching their whiskers while they eat, so his dish may be too deep/narrow. A wider, flatter food dish may help with this behavior.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Both of my cats seem to sleep more on Sunday for whatever reason. One of them was on a dining room chair for most of the day, and the other one on our bed.

God rested on the seventh day

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My cat is black and doesn't care for this heat, I find him lying on his back in various places that got shade. I wet my hands and wet his fur, he seems to enjoy the cooling effect.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

staplegun posted:

stop bringing deer ticks into the house dude

gently caress you rear end in a top hat

He can’t help it. The ticks are insane this year and the stuff that you put on cats to kill ticks only works if they bite. We’ve been talking about it in the critterquest thread. At least he didn’t bring in a tick that fed off of him, then dropped off when it filled up, and proceeded to lay thousands of eggs, I’m guessing.

I hate ticks so much.

Miss thang, here, has been threatening to mug me for churu every time I come upstairs.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

jupiter and deuteronomy are marching around the house screaming for breakfast. listen, just because the sun is up doesn't mean it's breakfast time. you still got about an hour.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the usual, wanted to gently caress with me all night so I locked him out of my room. comes running in after I wake up to sleep peacefully next to me. God damned night animals

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Got her claws stuck on the armchair and screamed until she got it unstuck.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
They tag teamed to make noises and zoomed after each other around the house to get me to wake up and feed them. After one (1) nibble each, they've retreated to their napping stations and are out cold.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

God my oldest cat, who died in January, used to get her nails stuck like that all the time

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
found a path to peace and serenity

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Mine does this on my drat window screens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
apparently my brother's cat used to tear through screens to get outside.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
_he, l. . help, mY

ca,t>>>> glit

chi

glitchin,g can't reher boot, reboot her

please, he

___lp

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Woke up 3AM with noise from the cat flap. What are you doing cat? You got the mosquito net stuck in the flap? Hey, you aren't our cat, you're the neighbors cat!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Played outside all day before tiring out and becoming some sort of cat amalgamation.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I keep a jar of treats in the kitchen, and obviously my cats have learned to recognize the sound of that jar being opened and they show up immediately.

So for the last month I've been taking extra treats out of the jar every time I open it and hiding them in places the cats can't see, like on top of bookshelves. Now occasionally I'll walk up to one and say "Abra cadabra!" and procure treats. My cats think I'm a wizard, and I can successfully cast Summon Cat by saying "Abra Cadabra" now.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 21, 2023

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

ATTEMPTED MURDER

I'm okay with it.

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

*shrugs*

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Its his birthday today, he is 12 (approx) . I adopted him 5 years ago.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Refuses to let me put the clean sheets back on the bed because she is asleep on the bare mattress.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I was in hospital for like 10 days and now they don't recognize me. One of them I've had for like 11 years and she'll come over for a quick pet.

The other 2 years mprinted on my wife and actively runs away from me.

Cats man.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

they remember you, they are just mad that you left. This is your punishment day.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

no pubes yet sorry posted:

I was in hospital for like 10 days and now they don't recognize me. One of them I've had for like 11 years and she'll come over for a quick pet.

Cats man.

You probably smell different now. Give it time.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Puked a massive hairball on my bed

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

no pubes yet sorry posted:

Cats man.
We've had a similar problem before when we take one of the cats but not both to the vet. The other one that stayed back gets upset because the cat that went to the vet comes back smelling different.

Owlaholic
Sep 12, 2015

muffin night, motherfuckers
I was able to get her in a the vet weeks earlier than scheduled. She got to go to the vet, but she wasn't happy about it. She's losing weight fairly quickly. She's almost 17 and only weighed 6lbs 5oz to begin with. She weighs 5lbs 4oz as of today. I had a senior blood panel done and we are waiting on results. Hyperthyroidism was mentioned. She's happily sleeping on her cat tree. I worry for her. 😭

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Goons, I love all your kitties.

Especially the ones that are the cute little terrorists.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Went to each of the dogs and gave them kitty headbutts :3:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Owlaholic posted:

Hyperthyroidism was mentioned. She's happily sleeping on her cat tree. I worry for her. 😭

The Hills y/d cat food is low iodine, we also had to switch to demineralised water as the tap water here has a lot of iodine in it, but it stopped my 17 year old Susie losing weight and she's been stable for a couple years now. Kidney function and get her vision checked - it can give them bad hypertension and her retinas were damaged, and it was only when she got so blind she started bumping into chair legs we noticed. So she is pretty much blind :(. But she's healthy with stable weight.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

he snuck in while the builders left the door open and has been snoozing on the couch all day

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Pushpin and Paperclip excel at guarding the fridge.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Three Olives posted:

Pushpin and Paperclip excel at guarding the fridge.

please tell them i love them and they're doing a fantastic job and deserve raises

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Mx. posted:

he snuck in while the builders left the door open and has been snoozing on the couch all day

You didn’t have a cat before today, did you?

Mama is pleased that I am now awake so that I can come back to bed to cuddle. Sissel tried purring her way over for some cuddles, but Mama slapped at her because these are her cuddles and Sissel can’t have them.

And image attachment is not working in the iApp at this time :(.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Lola sat on a chair like this for an hour

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

Cats don't like things touching their whiskers while they eat, so his dish may be too deep/narrow. A wider, flatter food dish may help with this behavior.

My little monster has a plate of his own with a bit of a lip to keep the food from going everywhere.

Despite eating off of a plate like a human, he still does the thing where he yowls if the kibble isn't distributed as he likes. His whiskers are not being irritated- the lip is not high enough for them to touch when he gets to the edges.

He simply knows that I'll pile the food up for him, and is also very picky regarding how fresh it is. If I don't replace the leftover come feeding time again, he'll snub it.

He's 13-ish, so I cave to this. He doesn't ask much.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
got the part of stanley kowalski in the local theatre production of a streetcar named desire

STELLA!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

between 6am and 7.30am when i finally got up, the little bastard kept trying to lick my head so i'd get up and feed him

then he sneezed in my face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Little jerk has the post poo zoomies and he’s annoying old Aunty big jerk who just wants a nice lie-down and some pets