Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

bamhand posted:

Yeah it was stupid of them not to follow a guide.

Even if you follow a guide (which I am doing), the points still stand.
Experimenting with a new build, optimized or not, is tedious bullshit.

FootballFreak2 posted:

Damon you have to find items and tinker with builds in a Diablo game? What the gently caress?

You can make tinkering with builds a fun experience or as annoying as humanly possible. They clearly chose the latter.

:lol: at the amount of white knighting poor design choices.

Stux posted:

good. think about what youre doing next time.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. Had forgotten to put you on ignore.
I had noticed before you seem to be the sunshine, heart and soul of this thread.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SettingSun posted:

There should have been paragon board save slots, like ensembles. Press a button, swap the whole sheet to another spec.

Or the ability to save paragon profiles so that you could just swap one prefilled board for another.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Why can’t all the items I want just drop right away and every build I make be equally good without me having to put thought into skill distribution

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Back in my day when we wanted to try a new build we had to make a new character and level it uphill both ways in the snow

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Didn't they add limited respec into D2R lmao

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

mcbexx posted:

I had noticed before you seem to be the sunshine, heart and soul of this thread.

He really is! Just absolutely captures the community perfectly.

mcbexx posted:

Even if you follow a guide (which I am doing), the points still stand.
Experimenting with a new build, optimized or not, is tedious bullshit.

You can make tinkering with builds a fun experience or as annoying as humanly possible. They clearly chose the latter.

Yeah that was my exact point yesterday but my opinion was actually wrong!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SettingSun posted:

one of the LoD patches added one respec per difficulty at Akara as a reward for one of the A1 quests

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

They should get rid of respeccing altogether, tbh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mcbexx posted:

lmfao

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

SettingSun posted:

1 free respec per difficulty, and you can farm uber diablo for drops that you can cube for more repsecs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Fajita Queen posted:

one of the LoD patches added one respec per difficulty at Akara as a reward for one of the A1 quests

u can get more end game but its a bit aof work

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

this is how it should be, no?

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

If your build sucks in Diablo 4 you are insanely stupid because this game basically holds your hand in telling what builds to make

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

CBD Corndog posted:

1 free respec per difficulty, and you can farm uber diablo for drops that you can cube for more repsecs

That rules. I've been prowling for another sale on D2R. I found my original D2 discs but not the registration code so they're kinda useless to me. I also found the sick 120 page manual.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The biggest issue is my giant Druid isn’t larger.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Stux posted:

this is how it should be, no?

No that's too easy.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FootballFreak2 posted:

If your build sucks in Diablo 4 you are insanely stupid because this game basically holds your hand in telling what builds to make

having a decision paralysis crisis because i cant decide whether my bliz sorc build should get +fire damage passives or +ice damage passives

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've not respecced since I had multiple paragon boards, can you switch boards and / or rotations after refunding all your points? I assume you can but the whole system seems clunky as hell.

I've kind of wanted to swap back over to ranged for a bit off of my flurry rogue build now that I'm low level in WT4 and feeling squishy but I don't want to spend half an hour redoing all my skills and gear only to find out I can't make it work.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
the best thing about d4 is they obviously put a lot of time and effort into trying to compromise between d2 and d3. and theyve been rewarded. d2 players have reacted with "seems fair" while d3 players have been reacting the same way they do to everything: crying and trying to work out how to not play the game as much as possible. a complete success.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stux posted:

the best thing about d4 is they obviously put a lot of time and effort into trying to compromise between d2 and d3. and theyve been rewarded. d2 players have reacted with "seems fair" while d3 players have been reacting the same way they do to everything: crying and trying to work out how to not play the game as much as possible. a complete success.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Substandard posted:

I've not respecced since I had multiple paragon boards, can you switch boards and / or rotations after refunding all your points? I assume you can but the whole system seems clunky as hell.

Yes, the UI just makes it unnecessarily tedious since there's no respec all button.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm in that weird diablo spot where wt3 is too easy and won't offer meaningful upgrades, but wt4 can be really hard depending on the affixes on certain dungeons.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Verisimilidude posted:

I'm in that weird diablo spot where wt3 is too easy and won't offer meaningful upgrades, but wt4 can be really hard depending on the affixes on certain dungeons.

You've reached the end-endgame, unspec all of your Paragons and see if you can increment your damage slightly upward. Menus are back on the menu.

the tingler
Jul 15, 2009

Stux posted:

its not d2, its every arpg that isnt d3. youre the weird ones.

what a sentence

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Stux roasting everyone for not playing with our toys the way they wants us to is ironically extremely loving babylike considering how badly they're trying to make the "a bloo bloo i'm a big baby who can't do things on my own because I read about Diablo builds" gimmick happen. Mods don't seem to mind when the only consistently lovely posts in this thread are theirs so whatever. Stux you are now free to reply to this with a picture of a famous mentally challenged individual because you can't call people ableist slurs on the internet anymore.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol imagine trying to debate or engage with Stux of all people in good faith.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

People keep doing it and I don’t understand why. They are literally the only poster on my ignore list.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

explosivo posted:

Stux roasting everyone for not playing with our toys the way they wants us to is ironically extremely loving babylike considering how badly they're trying to make the "a bloo bloo i'm a big baby who can't do things on my own because I read about Diablo builds" gimmick happen. Mods don't seem to mind when the only consistently lovely posts in this thread are theirs so whatever. Stux you are now free to reply to this with a picture of a famous mentally challenged individual because you can't call people ableist slurs on the internet anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bamhand posted:

Actually you will find that all of the points are wrong and it is actually extremely easy to respec because your time has no value. Already had this conversation last night!

Bringing it back up ain't exactly proving them wrong you know

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

inset posted:

any theories on what is happening here?

https://imgur.com/a/1kptSFj

I play hc so didn't feel like sticking around since I couldn't use any skills

guessing some combination of desynced charge attack + invisible fear aoe + ???

I have tried this dungeon on two different nightmare tiers, and both times those non-elite boars immediately annihilated me, my skeletons, and my golem. At first I assumed they were just charging a lot and my skeletons didn't know to get out of the way. I watched closer the second time and saw that all my friends were dying even just from standing near the side of a stationary hog.

I don't know what's up, but I just don't do that dungeon anymore.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FlapYoJacks posted:

I'm not, at all, I know there's nothing rattling around in that brain of theirs I just wanted to get this off my chest. It makes the thread unnecessarily hostile when people are genuinely looking for help to have stux swoop in and call everyone an r word in a winky winky kind of way multiple times per page every day.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kaddish posted:

People keep doing it and I don’t understand why. They are literally the only poster on my ignore list.

Same thing with Fishmech when she was around.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Experimenting with paragon nodes is dumb as gently caress you're playing with 0.5% increments just stop thinking about it and use an internet guide and watch your damage go up

Ice Fist posted:

It's the opposite OP. For the most part people are trying to figure out how to not have to do lovely busy work so we can get back to exploding mobs.

Yeah this

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Stux posted:

trying to work out how to not play the game as much as possible

It's the opposite OP. For the most part people are trying to figure out how to not have to do lovely busy work so we can get back to exploding mobs.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

smoobles posted:

You've reached the end-endgame, unspec all of your Paragons and see if you can increment your damage slightly upward. Menus are back on the menu.

Time to really understand damage bucket theory!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Diablo 4s greatest sin is being moderately above average instead of a total joke so that half of the community can be at the other halfs throat until Diablo 5 comes out.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Bringing it back up ain't exactly proving them wrong you know

That's why I'm telling them to stop bring it up! Jeez, get with the program.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ice Fist posted:

proving my point.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
If they don't want people to respec, there shouldn't be the ability to do so in the game. This awkward halfway point between 2 and 3 I guess satisfies the freaks who want Permanent Character Builds for whatever reason but adds just enough friction to annoy those enlightened enough to see that respeccing should be free, fast, and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Your real power in the paragon board comes from leveling up glyphs through nightmare dungeons.