Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Mr. Pickles posted:

its pretty awesome but you cant play it on gamepad, which is like 80% of why I play D4 for prolonged periods of time without suffering

D2 can kill my wrists in 2 days

yes you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I mean is not doing 90 teleruns a day with your decked out telesorc in a full game really playing?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr. Pickles posted:

its pretty awesome but you cant play it on gamepad, which is like 80% of why I play D4 for prolonged periods of time without suffering

D2 can kill my wrists in 2 days

On PC? I swore it had gamepad support on all platforms.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

FlapYoJacks posted:

??? I was responding to a question in a facetious manner?

there were multiple ways to take your post, mb boo

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I said come in! posted:

On PC? I swore it had gamepad support on all platforms.

Yeah, thats cool, though my brain is just set to play D2 on mouse and keyboard and do stuff in a frantic pace after all these years.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Philthy posted:

i went back to beat d2 after finishing d4 and the d2 tetris is still much better

even with charms taking up all the inventory

ya that wasnt a joke i loved it lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Revitalized posted:

I finally got through the main storyline. It was mostly cool and then neyrelle wtf plan is that, lorath wtf my dude? and also did my man donan actually get merc'd by a wall?

It's heavily implied Mephisto is already working on her, remember how everyone started getting pissy not too soon after dropping into his realm?

This part of the lore always seems to give people issues. The warrior from Diablo stuck the soulstone into his skull because Diablo's influence had already begun corrupting him as he journeyed down the labyrinth, part of Marius's mind being absolutely gone wasn't just from what he saw, but from being near Prime Evils and their influence.

Basically the very act of trying to fight the Primes exposes you to them the most potently, that's why a lot of the past heroes from the games end up utterly hosed.

Again it's very cyclical in a way that shows Sanctuary isn't just stuck in-between the Eternal conflict, but is an active part of it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"Surely this time I can outsmart one of the three great Satans, the Horadric Scholar thought. I'm different from the last every time it failed."

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Doomykins posted:

"Surely this time I can outsmart one of the three great Satans, the Horadric Scholar thought. I'm different from the last every time it failed."

...Now wait here while I go craft another soulstone.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Yeah, the writers did a good job in D4.

Every interaction with Mephisto felt like you were hosed no matter what you pick, so just do what you think is best and see which way you get hosed. It really sold Mephisto as a threat, who cares if he folds in combat like a wet paper bag, he still got your soul in the end.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Doomykins posted:

What is the alternative though? Do nothing and they take over the world?

I am surprised by the fact D3 isn't referenced a whole lot. Ie the Nephalem dude(s) that beat up everyone should still be alive right? What the hell were they up to while Lilith and Inarius hosed poo poo up.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's heavily implied Mephisto is already working on her, remember how everyone started getting pissy not too soon after dropping into his realm?

This part of the lore always seems to give people issues. The warrior from Diablo stuck the soulstone into his skull because Diablo's influence had already begun corrupting him as he journeyed down the labyrinth, part of Marius's mind being absolutely gone wasn't just from what he saw, but from being near Prime Evils and their influence.

Basically the very act of trying to fight the Primes exposes you to them the most potently, that's why a lot of the past heroes from the games end up utterly hosed.

Again it's very cyclical in a way that shows Sanctuary isn't just stuck in-between the Eternal conflict, but is an active part of it.

The people who best survive contact with hell are the ones who immediately go "lamo gently caress" and leave.

The Amazon from d2 might be the only cannon character who's relatively well off? Everyone else is either dead or being power hosed by Satan and friends.

MikeC posted:

I am surprised by the fact D3 isn't referenced a whole lot. Ie the Nephalem dude(s) that beat up everyone should still be alive right? What the hell were they up to while Lilith and Inarius hosed poo poo up.

D4 if 50 years after D3. Lorath was in reaper of souls as a young man. The D3 crew, if not dead, is probably very tired.

Ravus Ursus fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 19, 2023

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Expac idea:

Craft the soulstonestone to contain the soulstones that contain the primevils.

Or maybe just kill god?

I shoulda named my character Lillith

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

MikeC posted:

Well that's what makes it a good grim setting and the Mephisto/Lilith split cool, as well as hammering Lilth's anger with the status quo home. I find the Horadrim fascinating because they don't really have a choice but to constantly eat Ls to prevent the big L. Here's hoping Lorath can rally them enough in the expacs to keep the world going.

D3 is referenced but not very well imo. They walked the nephalem return to power back enormously Johanna goes out like a mook in a swamp side quest, you just find her corpse. They also forgot to age her or make her look like the default/Heroes "Canon" Crusader so maybe it's another shmuck sharing the name

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 19, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What do you think Diablo is up to in this Diablo game

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Doomykins posted:

Well that's what makes it a good grim setting and the Mephisto/Lilith split cool, as well as hammering Lilth's anger with the status quo home. I find the Horadric fascinating because they don't really have a choice but to constantly eat Ls to prevent the big L. Here's hoping Lorath can rally them enough in the expacs to keep the world going.

D3 is referenced but not very well imo. They walked the nephalem return to power back enormously Johanna goes out like a mook in a swamp side quest, you just find her corpse. They also forgot to age her or make her look like the default/Heroes "Canon" Crusader so maybe it's another shmuck sharing the name

I thought it was heavily implied that Johanna is just a name that is transferred between master and apprentice. My crusader wasn't going out wearing whatever garbage rare I got from that quest.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Couldn't that just be anyone who took that name though

I did not pay enough attention so if they say that's the same person mea culpa

e:fb

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Doomykins posted:

Well that's what makes it a good grim setting and the Mephisto/Lilith split cool, as well as hammering Lilth's anger with the status quo home. I find the Horadric fascinating because they don't really have a choice but to constantly eat Ls to prevent the big L. Here's hoping Lorath can rally them enough in the expacs to keep the world going.

The name thing is cannon. When the master dies the apprentice takes their armor and name. So they're immortal that way.

Except for when they die without an apprentice I guess.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

there were multiple ways to take your post, mb boo

It’s all good. Only love here. ❤️

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If they reference the nephalem at all in some future DLC it’s gonna be like one canon D3 hero who actually did all the stuff and then predictably went mad with power. Plz let it be the Wiz.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Every single Diablo plot:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

SettingSun posted:

What do you think Diablo is up to in this Diablo game

Waiting for the expansion I guess.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

You'd think Mephisto, Baal, Diablo would be too lopsided for two expacs. Three expacs? But what if: Imperius/Mephisto and Baal/Diablo? WHERES MY BIG ANGEL FIGHT BLIZZARD BEEN TEASED SINCE D3

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
I had to laugh when Lorath had his big dramatic "wait... I've got it!" moment and it was just using a soulstone to trap the bad guy like in every Diablo game ever.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
They have years of live service and expansion content to milk, it's gonna be years before the fight Diablo patch

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

One thing that D4 at least does correctly is likely holding out for the final expansion to actually show Diablo since it’s sad he gets chumped after the main story and then plays second fiddle to the expansion boss for another decade.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Maybe these soul stones are bad

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ravus Ursus posted:

D4 if 50 years after D3. Lorath was in reaper of souls as a young man. The D3 crew, if not dead, is probably very tired.

Do big fancy full power Nephalem age normally?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Diablo is still on sabbatical. Please do not hesitate to call or email mephesto if your need is urgent.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Every single Diablo plot:

Big part of why I think Lilith works as a good villain is while she was a horrible messanger for it, the idea that this game only has losers/gently caress this game was right.

Inarius is basically this meme:

only the heavens ain't ever answering

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I shouldn't have started with a Lunging Strike/HotA/Deathblow/Iron Maelstrom Walking Arsenal Barb because no other class or build will come close to being as fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got my sorcerer to a point where I could switch from Avalanche to Shatter and oh baby this owns.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Do big fancy full power Nephalem age normally?

Hard to say since all Nephalem are dead or MIA right now.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I just wanna fight an angel. Not a "corrupted" one. Lemme smash Imperius' nonexistent face in. Was disappointed Inarius wasn't a boss.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

What's the fastest route to getting a mount? There sure is a shitload of boring running in this Diablo so far.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Diablo and Imperius gonna fuse together with the same goal in mind: wrecking up sanctuary.

Really I could see one expac based around the prime evils and another based on the nerds in heaven.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aurubin posted:

I just wanna fight an angel. Not a "corrupted" one. Lemme smash Imperius' nonexistent face in. Was disappointed Inarius wasn't a boss.

Best they can do is yet another Izual fight.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

big cummers ONLY posted:

What's the fastest route to getting a mount? There sure is a shitload of boring running in this Diablo so far.

Power through the campaign.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

You just have to power through the story until Act IV. I'm not sure why they make you wait so long, there is a lot of tedious downtime running around the map. Certainly a game changer for alts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
what makes a codex imprint suddenly start costing two legendary fragments? i dont get nearly enough legendary drops (yet) to afford this :(

edit: i dont even think my legendaries are giving me the fragments for it

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 19, 2023