Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Kevin and Kell

Compu-Toon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Well, Curtis flirted with being interesting for a second, good thing we got that taken care of.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Oct. 27, 1957)

Foster is taking a bit of a break here and reusing some art. The two panels where Katwin is brushing Aleta's hair and then teasing her for sure, but I think the one with Aleta digging through a chest may be reused as well since it shows the twins as toddlers. As a mild spoiler for Wednesday's strip, we've passed a threshold with the kids' ages and the girls are now around six or seven.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Chinnen and Kyo-chan

And that's the end of Chinnen and Kyo-chan! After this is another strip from Osamu Tezuka that was picked up as a replacement for Ma-chan. Stay tuned!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Being taken fishing at 4 AM as a child is why I despise fishing to this day.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (July 10, 1935)

Peanuts (June 21, 1976)

And welcome back to Cranky Shafterbean!

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (January 22, 1940)

Out Our Way (February 2-4,1942)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Memi

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 6/18/03

Brenda Starr 3/15-18/51

Smokey Stover 5/1/55

Everyday Movies 7/11/36

"Wake up, Duke, or you won't be able to sleep tonight."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 9/11-13/41

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

That sister might have the first recorded case of Doonsbury Face.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "88 - Jucika Negotiates"

"89 - Jucika and the Drunkard"

"Alkohol Elvonó Intézet = Alcohol Rehab Institute"

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
A-chan B-ko-chan Expedition Log

So this was the official follow-up to "The Diary of Maa-chan" in the Shokokumin Shinbun, running from July 20 to October 20, 1946, exactly 3 months. This was different from the other Tezuka newspaper strips seen so far in that this was a serialized story. Tezuka described it as a "nonsense adventure manga" because he made the story up on the fly, adding "it ended up getting out of hand".

The plot as it were, is that a brother and sister go underwater to find a missing diamond ring, and, well, stuff happens. Enjoy!

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 19, 2023

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Mary has conditioned Saul to want her to torture him--indeed, even ask for it.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

you still haven't made it through :argh:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 9/11-13/41

I'll go out on a limb and say Carlos falls for it and buys the land but it turns out to actually have oil.

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "88 - Jucika Negotiates"

The typewriter carriage is backwards, unless she's typing in Hebrew.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Am I missing a joke here, or is this just a depressing comic about a sad, trapped cat?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Am I missing a joke here, or is this just a depressing comic about a sad, trapped cat?

It is a joke about an rear end in a top hat cat and a deluded cat owner.
Some cats MAY come when called, if they feel like it. To get a cat's attention use food in a plastic bin or something and shake it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

alright "Mary telling Saul all the bad things that can happen to Greta in a dog fighting ring" started as kind of morbidly funny but has now become thoroughly driven into the ground and awkward, I hope this isn't another straight week of that and we start getting into, like, the meat of the action vis-a-vis saving Greta and busting up the dog ring because now it just feels like wheelspinning.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

:laffo:

Riiiiiight. I'm sure delivery drivers are lavished with rewards like this for their loyalty during covid.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 19, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"No."

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

the strip ostensibly about a medical doctor using the phrase "made it through Covid" like people aren't still getting sick with it and dying every day

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers is stylin'

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

someone awful. posted:

the strip ostensibly about a medical doctor using the phrase "made it through Covid" like people aren't still getting sick with it and dying every day

Rex Morgan, MC*

* manufacturing consent

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

What makes you think the cat is trapped?

someone awful. posted:

:orks:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

manero posted:

Pluggers is stylin'

sigh. Guilty.

Pogo 12/10/50

Archie 8/4-6/47

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zereth posted:

What makes you think the cat is trapped?

Sometimes cats climb up and can’t get down again. Maybe if the cat more of an unambiguous rear end in a top hat expression.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

You might remember this woman – she’s the detective from Rootless Market.

Bardiche Hotel

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

manero posted:

Pluggers is stylin'

Dress sneakers are actually a loving thing and somehow I doubt that Bill Radvansky of New Kensington, PA knows that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

This is some real Dudes Rock stuff here.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 2-4,1942)

30 Years Too Soon? This kid's living in the future! He doesn't even need to work in a mine to get black lung.

someone awful. posted:

That's not Rex, but another white guy with the same haircut who owns the restaurant.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 20, 2023

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Double Post

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 20, 2023

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Hair Bullshit

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (February 25-27, 1924)

Not the exact number at the other end of this link, but it'll do until the real thing turns up.

Toonerville Folks (May 2-4, 1921)

Interesting how Tomboy Taylor doesn't even look angry in this one, just deeply disappointed.

Dok's Dippy Departure (October 15, 1914)

Little Lefty (September 12-14, 1938)

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Haifisch posted:

The Lockhorns

Wait, is Leroy's upper lip jagged because it's supposed to be a mustache? I always thought it was just drawn weird

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Fate Changed: No longer is Phantom going to get shot. Savarna is going to run his rear end over instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Of course Gunther is such a weenie he still hasn't told his mom. Can't see anything going wrong with telling the whole Internet, though.

Gil Thorp

Home Free