Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Walla posted:

I've stopped using him because I feel like he requires a level of micromanagement to be effective, and I have other units that are easier to use and are nearly as powerful.

Micromanagement? Jing Yuan? What in the actual heck? Literally all you do with him is use his Skill every turn and use his Ultimate the instant it pops. He's literally the most brainless character to play in the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm sitting on a double hard pity worth of jade in a box labeled "do not open until Kafkamas".

Zero interest in Luocha or Blade because even if they're both bonkers strong I pull based on vibes, not mechanics.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

you know, you don't have to import stupid-rear end youtube takes into this thread

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Since blowing all my jade on trying and failing to get e2 SW I will now wait patiently for Jingliu. Probably.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 19, 2023

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
It’s tough I’m constantly tempted to go for SW e2 but trying to stay strong and hold for further banners.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Zurai posted:

Micromanagement? Jing Yuan? What in the actual heck? Literally all you do with him is use his Skill every turn and use his Ultimate the instant it pops. He's literally the most brainless character to play in the entire game.

If possible you'd want to use his ult right after Lightning Lord's turn (for the purpose of maximizing AV skipping from the increased Speed) but it's not worth forcing it. That's pretty much the only real optional micromanagement you can do with the guy.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i didn't pull the lightning giant guy but I love how chunky it feels when the big sword hits like Gagagagagag!!!! ⚡⚡⚡

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Honestly would love to get loucha but gotta save for kafka.

will pull for like 30 or 40 times for him

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Walla posted:

What upcoming units are people looking forward to? I'm really hoping to pull Luocha because then I can build a team with SW, Welt and Quinque and feel good about it.

I'm looking forward to getting 2 more quantum units so I can do silly things with a Silver Wolf mono quantum team. I'm planning on skipping doing any pulls in 1.2 so I can save up for this purpose.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Micromanagement is the wrong word I guess. I just feel like Jing requires certain team comps to be good, but maybe I just used him wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Then again I don't really like Tingyun either.

Danakir posted:

If possible you'd want to use his ult right after Lightning Lord's turn (for the purpose of maximizing AV skipping from the increased Speed) but it's not worth forcing it. That's pretty much the only real optional micromanagement you can do with the guy.

That's part of it. You lose out on a decent amount of damage if you can't use skill 3 times or skill-skill-ult before Lightning Lord takes their turn. I just never feel like I can use him to his best potential.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Walla posted:

Micromanagement is the wrong word I guess. I just feel like Jing requires certain team comps to be good, but maybe I just used him wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Then again I don't really like Tingyun either.

That's part of it. You lose out on a decent amount of damage if you can't use skill 3 times or skill-skill-ult before Lightning Lord takes their turn. I just never feel like I can use him to his best potential.

JY is very partner agnostic. About the only offensive support that doesn't work just fine with him is Bronya (because her damage buff won't ever apply to Lightning Lord), all the others work about as well as you might want with him. And he doesn't care what defensive supports you bring as long as they keep him alive.

You don't "lose out" on damage unless you have less than 6 hits on LL. You don't have to max it at 10 hits. The only threshold is 6 where you get some extra crit. And even then, it's hardly a catastrophe if you only get 5 hits every once in a while. Give him some speed boots and you'll be fine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I already have him leveled. I'll give him a second look.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Finally pitied enough to pull SW. If I'm sticking to E0 then break effect (thief's) right? Which orb/link rope? Seems like the options are banditry (break effect) or pan-galactic (EHR), and I already have a break effect banditry orb but then my EHR isn't very high unless I make a thief's chestpiece. I have two custom relics so I should be able to trick her right out.

hmm or do I make an energy regen link rope?

acumen fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 19, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

acumen posted:

Finally pitied enough to pull SW. If I'm sticking to E0 then break effect (thief's) right? Which orb/link rope? Seems like the options are banditry (break effect) or pan-galactic (EHR), and I already have a break effect banditry orb but then my EHR isn't very high unless I make a thief's chestpiece. I have two custom relics so I should be able to trick her right out.

A +15 effect hit chest and the event lightcone is enough to guarantee trace level 10 ult/skill and just shy on trace level 8 for MoC bosses at E0.

So your gear ends up looking like Speed boots, Effect Hit body, Break Effect rope, and whatever the gently caress orb (because %Quantum doesn't increase break damage), in 4p Thief/2p Talia's.

Note that without E1 you do kinda need to rely on her getting the break to keep a 3-turn cadence on her ult, unless you have external energy sources for her.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

acumen posted:

hmm or do I make an energy regen link rope?

facepalmolive just shared a video guide on the last page.

The tldr is ehr chest, speed boots, be rope and hp orb. Attack and crit do nothing for the build so you want speed, break effect and defenses.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
yeah that's perfect and seems pretty "cheap" to set up especially with what I already have. Thanks, much easier than a 20 minute video!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I got Silver Wolf's e1 off winning the 50/50 there when I said gently caress it, and now I'm trying to restrain myself for her rerun to nab her e2 because gods help me I want Kafka, Fu Xuan, and Jingliu.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My Jing Yun isn't even perfectly equipped (seems he really wants the critical rate celestial artifacts and I haven't farmed good ones yet), but even so he cleanly does more damage than anyone else i own besides Seele. At 70, he tends to cleanly do 3k damage to the entire enemy side with his skill and Lightning Lord, when properly configured, hits for like 8-10k partywide for every two or so of Jing's turns. He doesn't measure up to an ideally equipped Seele, whose skill can easily do 10k+ per attack, but no one really does

That said, I have enough good characters that I don't use him literally 100% of the time, but only Seele has never left my party since I pulled her

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 19, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I have both Seele and JY at 80 now with level 80 LCs (Swordplay III and Before Dawn I respectively) and I've been favouring JY pretty heavily. I think in a single-target scenario like MoC or SU bosses my Seele can probably pull ahead but for the other 99% of the stuff you do in this game JY's making GBS threads out aoe gimmick is just too easy to not use.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
JY is cool and good, but also I flip-flop on how annoying I find the slowness of his gimmick. And mine needs to grab a set of yellow speed boots instead of +9 purples.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

While trying to get new celestial relics for Jing Yun, instead I ended up getting a literally perfect, flawless relic

... that is useful for no character currently in the game, even Seele since she doesn't do follow ups

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It would be great for e4 or e6 Quinque. I forget which, but 1 of those eidolons gives her a follow up attack when she uses her enhanced attack.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
and just like that easy 15/15 stars in MoC up to stage six. Sure helps to have an eighth character >50 that also happens to be Silver Wolf, glad I didn't skip her like I initially planned

gently caress that deer though

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Walla posted:

What upcoming units are people looking forward to? I'm really hoping to pull Luocha because then I can build a team with SW, Welt and Quinque and feel good about it.

kafka, im lesbo

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

kafka, im lesbo

:hmmyes:

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

acumen posted:

and just like that easy 15/15 stars in MoC up to stage six. Sure helps to have an eighth character >50 that also happens to be Silver Wolf, glad I didn't skip her like I initially planned

gently caress that deer though

To be fair to the deer, the song that plays for that MoC stage is cool at least

It's this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJHhH_KNjPQ

MuffinsAndPie fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 19, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

My first real attempt on the deer in MoC I managed to barely get it past the first phase. Not realizing it had two phases I started celebrating right up until it stood back up and started stomping up more trees :cripes:

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

kafka, im lesbo

This is basically my reasoning as well

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kagon posted:

This is basically my reasoning as well

im gay

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

JT Jag posted:

While trying to get new celestial relics for Jing Yun, instead I ended up getting a literally perfect, flawless relic

... that is useful for no character currently in the game, even Seele since she doesn't do follow ups

That ain't perfect until you find out the fourth stat. It will be flat def and all stat upgrades will go into it.

In fact, you have already jinxed it by posting about it. I'm sorry.

edit: In Genshin I always had this weird artifact luck where the most promising artifacts would usually end up lovely/mediocre (due to all upgrades going into the worst stats), but ones with mediocre substats would end up having all their upgrades going into their one/two good substats and end up good. Like I'd have an CRIT% helm with only one good CDMG substat, and then all the upgrades would go into CDMG. But when I'd get an artifact starting with 3 amazing substats, the fourth ends up being garbage and most of the upgrades go into it.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 19, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Seriously, her E2 is so good. Absolutely love enemies having practically zero resistance to debuffs.

it just has universal appeal.
so many of the current characters in the roster, half their kit secondary effects is 'base chance to freeze or shock or wind sheer or slow or something' and SW just enables it so its not all a low coin toss

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Snooze Cruise posted:

kafka, im lesbo

:same:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

That ain't perfect until you find out the fourth stat. It will be flat def and all stat upgrades will go into it.
Fourth stat ended up being flat ATK, which isn't *perfect* but also is still on-theme

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

First remotely decent relic I've gotten - and no xp to level it up nor do i have any other set pieces worth breaking the 4pc bonus on SW's current outlaw set for -_-

While having the option at all is better than genshin where it doesn't exist, since Resin only lets us choose mainstat and subs are still pure RNG, they ought to give us more of the stuff than 1 per battlepass and ocasionally in events(?). Thinking it should go into Herta's SU shop for like 3 credits, so every 3 weeks once you've gone through all the cones and their superimpositions.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

A non-GaaS game would give you more, but since relics seem to be intended as the current farm-forever content, they don't want to make it easier to get perfect pieces. There must be years of stamina-burning dice rolls to ensure there is always a carrot on the stick

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

kafka, im lesbo

I respect this.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

JT Jag posted:

She does ultimates though. It's mot like it does nothing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

since ppl are posting their recent relic rolls, i only just hit tb40 and i think this is my best relic roll so far

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

since ppl are posting their recent relic rolls, i only just hit tb40 and i think this is my best relic roll so far

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Clarste posted:

She does ultimates though. It's mot like it does nothing.
Yeah, I'm experimenting with it on her, damage doesn't seem to have fallen off much, especially considering my normal Herta set's orb was only purple so it's 5% more quantum damage at 9