Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/contextdogs/status/1670448757115060226?t=evjtmKes9IesNSmewPe4Ew&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Not even to 3000 yet?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

:lmao:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

neato burrito posted:

Not even to 3000 yet?

We’re taking our time and doing it right :wiggle:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i'm posting with a pro-gremlin agenda

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

here have this smash mouth linkin park mashup I made with this site

https://rave.dj/B9qlz1Hj0DuaAg

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

man I wish ups gave a better delivery estimate than "by 7pm tomorrow" for a package that requires signature

guess I'm sleeping by the front door tonight so I can catch the sneaky UPS guy when he tries to put a note on the door claiming he knocked but no one answered

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Awww yeah, SAP is down meaning we can’t do loving poo poo at work this morning as the emails pile up higher and higher and also my backup person had car trouble and may not make it in today happy loving Monday :suicide:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Awww yeah, SAP is down meaning we can’t do loving poo poo at work this morning as the emails pile up higher and higher and also my backup person had car trouble and may not make it in today happy loving Monday :suicide:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

I wish.

Since we can’t do 90% of our jobs, a few of us were talking for a minute or two at our desks. Two of us aren’t even in the main phone queues anyway, just specialty stuff, and we’re not getting a lot of calls in anyway. That didn’t stop out rear end in a top hat manager, who we’ve taken to calling Mrs. Puff in private, from coming over and claiming we weren’t in the phone system and missing calls and poo poo. I wandered over to my desk, saw I was logged in, hadn’t missed any calls, and confirmed my ring volume was loud enough to have heard it anyway.

I’ve spent the last hour just playing Candy Crush. Meanwhile the emails keep piling up, but I can’t do poo poo or leave notes where they need to be, so gently caress it.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
We had the nicest cool rainy spring and all the sudden today its supposed to get up to 92 freedom units (33C)

Wtf, I am not ready :mad:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

fartknocker posted:

so gently caress it.

A good Monday attitude :hai:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

3 day weekend bby just chillin

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

DorkusMalorkus posted:

A good Monday attitude :hai:

It’s also my attitude on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Got back from big vacation, counting the days until my next mini vacation in three weeks.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

neato burrito posted:

Got back from big vacation, counting the days until my next mini vacation in three weeks.

what was the vacation and did you pet any cool local animals :powercatte:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Also take your 5KPT pals with you next time we all need a vacation and cool animal interactions tyvm

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Also take your 5KPT pals with you next time we all need a vacation and cool animal interactions tyvm

i go on vacation next saturday :woop:

i am not staying at the place with the cool sheep though :(

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Ruby Gloom posted:

what was the vacation and did you pet any cool local animals :powercatte:

Took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs. Also visited my brother for the first time at his place since he moved in 2018. He recently adopted a 15 year old dog named Jack Nicholson; who "couldn't make it up the stairs" due to age. Well that was a loving lie, because once his loud rear end country cousins come to visit, he's able to make it up the stairs and hide under a bed he'd never been to before. This led to frantic 45 minute search for the dog with kids crying and neighbors being asked and everything.

We also went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (loving awesome, best zoo I've been to) and Garden of the Gods. Very generic tourist stuff but it was a very good time :awesomelon:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

neato burrito posted:

We also went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (loving awesome, best zoo I've been to) and Garden of the Gods. Very generic tourist stuff but it was a very good time :awesomelon:

I used to live in Pueblo, southern colorado has some amazing stuff. Cheyenne mountain zoo is pretty much my favorite zoo I've ever visited too! Garden of the Gods is lovely but I probably haven't been there since I was a little kid. My family is still visiting and I bet the niblings would find it boring but now that you reminded me of it, I might try drag them there for a hike at some point.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Hello 5kpt, I am back from 2 weeks of being in Nashville (read Cool Springs Franklin) and can confirm it sucks to work.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Hello 5kpt, I am back from 2 weeks of being in Nashville (read Cool Springs Franklin) and can confirm it sucks to work.

can you confirm how much rootin' and/or tootin' you did there

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
these vacations sound fun, i am trying to dodge some terribly planned camping trips (think more time driving in a car than hiking and also having jack poo poo to do at the camp site when you dont climb/mountaineer) for some less painful ones. dont mind campin once I am their but the entire spending 12-24 hours in a car on my limited time off for like 12 hours of recreation isn't my idea of a trip.

Need to get my rear end to a beach!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

can you confirm how much rootin' and/or tootin' you did there

There was a decidedly low rootin' and/or tootin', only one single instance of down home country tussling that had me smiling like a mule eating briers was at a distillery but then they wanted $50 for a tour which is essentially looking at wooden barrels which made me madder than a wet hen.

I saw some Confederate battle flags around and lots of gun ranges.

I mostly stayed in my room or had dinner at select restaurants with like-minded colleagues.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

last night I slept in the living room with the window open despite it being pretty cold because I wanted to catch the ups person and not get one of those bullshit "no one was home" notices on my door

it was a good loving thing I did because I woke up to the sound of the UPS guy banging on my neighbor's door, and I ran out there and was like "hey, is that for #" and the guy was like "yeah" and I said "you're at the wrong house, that's my address"

then he came over and instead of just giving me the box he dropped it in the mud and was like "I SIGNED FOR YOU"

just the worst ups guy

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

There was a decidedly low rootin' and/or tootin', only one single instance of down home country tussling that had me smiling like a mule eating briers was at a distillery but then they wanted $50 for a tour which is essentially looking at wooden barrels which made me madder than a wet hen.

I mostly stayed in my room or had dinner at select restaurants with like-minded colleagues.

you didnt have a baloney sandwich at a honkey tonk at 2 am and then have later sever intestinal distress? missing the best parts of white people las vegas

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

last night I slept in the living room with the window open despite it being pretty cold because I wanted to catch the ups person and not get one of those bullshit "no one was home" notices on my door

it was a good loving thing I did because I woke up to the sound of the UPS guy banging on my neighbor's door, and I ran out there and was like "hey, is that for #" and the guy was like "yeah" and I said "you're at the wrong house, that's my address"

then he came over and instead of just giving me the box he dropped it in the mud and was like "I SIGNED FOR YOU"

just the worst ups guy

Don’t they have some way on their website to file a complaint? That’s some bullshit.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I don't think it was malicious, I think he's just an oblivious moron

probably better that he keeps his job at UPS so he doesn't get a job delivering organs or preparing food

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

I don't think it was malicious, I think he's just an oblivious moron

probably better that he keeps his job at UPS so he doesn't get a job delivering organs or preparing food

he's mad you didn't let him meet ash and take a picture so it can be posted on UPS Dogs on facebook where middle aged wine moms would thirst post about him

you ruined that poor mans day :(

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Also the UPS guy just doesn’t like Keanu Reeves

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Im hoping next time I visit Nashville Garth Brooks has his woke honky tonk open

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

his wonky tonk

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It was CMAs week, too I forgot to mention that so Nashville proper was out for visiting. I am not a person that likes that sort of thing anymore.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

his wonky tonk

It is well know Garth Brooks has a wonky badonk

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

It was CMAs week, too I forgot to mention that so Nashville proper was out for visiting. I am not a person that likes that sort of thing anymore.

I know it hurt to get snubbed for 'Song of the Year' for two years in a row, but you owe it to your fans to at least show up and pose for some pictures.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I know it hurt to get snubbed for 'Song of the Year' for two years in a row, but you owe it to your fans to at least show up and pose for some pictures.

Tickle My Coin Purse was not received well and in hindsight I can see why, buy you're right I owe it to my fans.

Sorry I missed you 😔

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
It's raining so hard here there are shrews taking refuge in my basement.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tickle My Coin Purse

Fuckin love that song

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

It's raining so hard here there are shrews taking refuge in my basement.

SHREW-WATCH 2023 :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

ok wait i thought a shrew was like a little weasel, not one of THESE :3: