Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/yanakissmetoo/status/1670250884373282816?t=b4KuyU9VM3up-7IhtcY6fw&s=19

Apparently some 100 yen stores in Japan now have started selling their own "Model Markers" which is pretty neat if they work!

I especially like their color names like 'G Yellow' What does the G stand for? It stands for "Gwe legally cannot answer that question" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It stands for Gee, Yellow.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

i]

Exa Vehicle (Multi-legged Mech Ver.) - Neat little scarab tank with moving legs.

I need like, 8 of these, and something fun to do with all the spare front / back sections

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

OP 14 is making my inner teenage edgelord howl.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I'm building my first MG (it's a Gouf 2.0) and it's super fun.

There's a little man in the cockpit! A tiny Ramba Ral!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

decals are hard but so far so good. got a chest decal visibly off center but good enough for government work

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

decals are hard but so far so good. got a chest decal visibly off center but good enough for government work

One of the benefits of exciting poses - much harder to see that the decals don’t line up

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

buying the softer/setter was a good idea. looking at it from a distance you'd swear the model came with them already on

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
MODULAR 1/144 CLOAKS THIS IS NOT A DRILL

https://twitter.com/30mmissions/status/1670392893864054787

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Those new robo gals are very Racaseal

Not a complaint

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is the new look, all the cool people are doing it

https://twitter.com/winonaparadise/status/1670517337521307649?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
nrgh.... not... a gurndam...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I always dig little landing-skid feet on space use mecha

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

muike posted:

nrgh.... not... a gurndam...

It is undeniably a Gunpla. Gunpla is short for Gundam plastic model kit. Therefore while the Hyakushiki isn’t a Gundam, a model kit of the Hyakushiki is a Gundam

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bimmi posted:

You’ll need to drill with a pin vise to pull the broken piece out, so you might as well pin it.

https://blaze.re/fixing-broken-pegs/

Got a drill, got the easy part done on one end of the broken peg. Going by this and some other tutorials, it looks like the best way to get the broken-off peg out of that bottom piece is to go in through the other side and use another object to push it out, right?

Going in through the other side also seems like the solution to drilling through that bottom piece, as the broken end there is concave.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/hobbysite/status/1670957204399325186?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

for a very brief second I thought that was Megas XLR

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So that's the build metaverse villain then.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's like a Psycho Gundam and Neo Zeong had a lovechild.

Is the anime division trying to place bets they can make the modelling division build something stupid again?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is the anime division trying to place bets they can make the modelling division build something stupid again?

Reminder to myself to just loving buy the Silver Bullet Suppressor already

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/hobbysite/status/1670968562637500416?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

i just got the reprint mg psycho zaku and FA gundam from thunderbolt in and the zaku in particular is the biggest most intimidating box ive ever gotten. and the recent p bandai neo zeong reissue sold out. and then hguc dendrobium coming back? they honestly might be testing the waters for an absurd kit like the one pictured

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

JoeGlassJAw posted:

i just got the reprint mg psycho zaku and FA gundam from thunderbolt in and the zaku in particular is the biggest most intimidating box ive ever gotten. and the recent p bandai neo zeong reissue sold out. and then hguc dendrobium coming back? they honestly might be testing the waters for an absurd kit like the one pictured

The listed price is 8800 yen. So it's not gonna be that big. Bigger/more complex than the Psycho, but considerably smaller than the the Neo Zeong. It looks like a Psycho or Psycho II with a backpack and a regular sized suit that docks in the torso, which would fit the price

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1670962281793060865?t=QEH5vw2evrvNh3UB41uCFw&s=19

God I want it so bad.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

They're also selling an expansion kit to give it a working cockpit and some more weapons. Hopefully the P-Bandai page will stock enough not to sell out instantly.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

for a very brief second I thought that was Megas XLR

I've never bought a PG kit.

I'd buy a PG Megas.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Looks amazing. Love that it comes with the Alterous Mode parts too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'd buy a PG Megas.

:yossame:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Dr Christmas posted:

Got a drill, got the easy part done on one end of the broken peg. Going by this and some other tutorials, it looks like the best way to get the broken-off peg out of that bottom piece is to go in through the other side and use another object to push it out, right?

Going in through the other side also seems like the solution to drilling through that bottom piece, as the broken end there is concave.

Depends on the parts. Sometimes you can pull the peg out just using the pin vise, but you can also sink a very thin wood screw into it a little ways and pluck it out with pliers. If you do choose to hit it from the bottom, be sure not to drill all the way through the peg before you try to get it out.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Could also be a Hazel with Psycho Gundam arms

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'd buy a PG Megas.

There is a small ember of hope in the pit of my heart that Good Smile might one day announce a MODEROID Megas XLR.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

TaurusOxford posted:

Looks amazing. Love that it comes with the Alterous Mode parts too.

I'm hoping for a Standard edition in the future but this is mighty tempting.

I'd love if they got around to doing all the OG Digimon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Trailer for new dino kits, which also serves as a good example of the importance of good VO work

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1671078594070855682?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Couple more Kyoukai Senki weapon sets got announced.

Weapon Set 6 - A Chainsaw, a rocket hammer, a harpoon launcher, and an axe.
Weapon Set 7 - Rocket launcher, two-handed gatling gun, some booster thrusters.

I'll give them this, they've forgotten the show kinda-sorted wanted to be grounded in its mech design and weaponry, and is giving fun nonsense weapons a try. if they'd used this kinda poo poo in the show it might've been vaguely interesting - who doesn't want to see a mech-sized chainsaw? I think these should be compatible with 30MM and HG stuff at least, I really should try wrapping one of my spare 30MM hands around one the weapons in my set to see if it'll hold it.

Also Aoshima's announced a third iteration of their Gunbuster kit. This one can not only cross its arms, do the BUSTA COLLIDAAAARS! :byodame:, but it can also now deliver a SUPPPAAA INAZUMAAA KIIIIICK! :byodame: with an impressively large transparent plastic blast piece that's as big as the Gunbuster itself.

It's actually a pretty decent kit, if a bit sticker-heavy (Unless they improved the engineering in later revisions, I can't speak to that as I have the original version myself), so if you're a Gunbuster fan it's worth a look-at. Comes out about Master Grade size, it's about as tall as the Moderoid Big O for comparison.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

started in on the psycho zaku and holy moly im gonna need to build it its own shelf. the biggest tank of the three tanks on the backpack is literally the length of my forearm. this is the biggest kit ive ever built by a country mile and im so excited and intimidated at the same time

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Trailer for new dino kits, which also serves as a good example of the importance of good VO work

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1671078594070855682?s=20

I've mentioned this elsewhere but the Ankylosaurus looks like Rhinox mid-transformation.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

JoeGlassJAw posted:

started in on the psycho zaku and holy moly im gonna need to build it its own shelf. the biggest tank of the three tanks on the backpack is literally the length of my forearm. this is the biggest kit ive ever built by a country mile and im so excited and intimidated at the same time

next on my list should have Mr. Saz done within two days

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm hoping for a Standard edition in the future but this is mighty tempting.

I'd love if they got around to doing all the OG Digimon.

I would buy a Lilymon kit in an instant. Same with Togemon and Kabuterimon. Maybe Garudamon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Finally finished painting and assembling my Kenbu and gotta say, I'm actually really happy with it.

The weapon arms are on the lower pegs on the backpack because I'm gonna mount those shoulder guns from the Weapon Set 5 when I get that shipped (Waiting on some other releases to make it worth it). I actually really like how the guns tucked away at the back, and turns out they're comfortably in arm's reach so it has a nice feel that it'd reach back to grab one and fire away.

The Kenbu Zan sword. Added a little green to mix it up a bit.

The machete is actually the piece I'm happiest with, it just came out clean and beautiful and :allears:. That and the arm cannon from the Kenbu Zan, though it's clearly specifically built for the Zan's forearm and a bugger to position decently because the back of it tries to hook down.

The katana from the Kenbu kit. Gonna swap that out for the matching pair in the Weapon Set's when I get that.

I will admit I kinda dig the little holster arms bringing the Kenbu Zan's sword up to be used.

Also, I can personally confirm that the Kyoukai Senki kits do indeed have standard 3mm pegs for their accessory mounts. And on a side-note my already-overladen Rabiot has gained even more ordinance as a result of this discovery. :blastu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Finally did a Gundam again.