Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok whenever someone on this forum mentions that they're playing a game you don't want to play (especially if they're enjoying it) make sure to point out that you haven't played it and won't be playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Ok whenever someone on this forum mentions that they're playing a game you don't want to play (especially if they're enjoying it) make sure to point out that you haven't played it and won't be playing it.

Don't worry

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

homeless snail posted:

you know they're not jrpgs right, except for the 7th one

I'm aware, though if I had to try and pin down way it's because they have a similar vibe even if the actual gameplay doesn't conform to what. JRPG typically is, especially with all the side stuff.

I'm also just uninterested in dramas in general which if I remember right I've heard mentioned that Yakuza game main stories are basically crime dramas.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

poo poo sorry thread I knew I forgot one.

Pentiment, that's another one I'll never play.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Video games are win. Play more of them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ll never play Civilization or Age of Empires or any of that poo poo

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Evil Kit posted:

While part of it is because it's fallen into my mental category of Too Liked By Goons and thus I instantly hipster dislike it

I did the same thing but I sure wish I'd played them sooner, a couple of them are seriously GOAT territory for me. If you're ever willing to give them a shot look out for a Yakuza 0 sale, best place to start and honestly best game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

welcome posted:

I did the same thing but I sure wish I'd played them sooner, a couple of them are seriously GOAT territory for me. If you're ever willing to give them a shot look out for a Yakuza 0 sale, best place to start and honestly best game.

Naw. Dumb hipster mentality aside a lot of time it's irritation for folks parroting things without considering personal preferences or genre preferences. I like character action games and beat'em ups! But not when I have to sit through a lot of cutscenes or of a particular plot genre I'm not a fan of.

That, coupled with the fact there are so many games in the genres I know I like it's kinda hard to find any time to play games I *might* like, maybe, if I try them. Or just know I'm not gonna enjoy them flat out. I am glad that there are games that other folks can enjoy and love that I'll never be into cause that's why games are cool! Something for everyone

Time, unfortunately, has only so much space to fit things into.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's a shame because the plot for 0 is really, really good.

I'm not even actually a fan of crime or yakuza stories, it was just legitimately moving enough on a human level it got me into the franchise.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

Time, unfortunately, has only so much space to fit things into.

and yet we post

:thunk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So we are like half way through the year or something, whatever, but the list of 2023 games i've played this year that I enjoyed are:
Forspoken
Dead Space Remake
Fire Emblem Engage
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
Octopath Traveler II
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
Like a Dragon: Ishin!
Phantom Brigade
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun
Diablo IV
We Heart Katamari Remaster
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I've completed 51 games total this year so far, but those are just the 2023 releases that I listed.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I've been playing Suzerain because I've heard good things and it was on sale. I am learning very quickly that I would not make a very good politician.

The game is a fun little politics RPG/text adventure/management game. Not sure if its still on sale but definitely worth it for $4.99.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Okay Arf

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

So we are like half way through the year or something, whatever, but the list of 2023 games i've played this year that I enjoyed are:
Forspoken
Dead Space Remake
Fire Emblem Engage
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
Octopath Traveler II
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
Like a Dragon: Ishin!
Phantom Brigade
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun
Diablo IV
We Heart Katamari Remaster
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I've completed 51 games total this year so far, but those are just the 2023 releases that I listed.
I pray you have simply not yet played the game of the year 2023 Pizza Tower yet and shall be rectifying that inadequacy soon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

rip Hi Fi Rush, already forgotten

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I did not mention it because iirc ISCI didn't like it

or I might be misremembering who it was

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I pray you have simply not yet played the game of the year 2023 Pizza Tower yet and shall be rectifying that inadequacy soon

Ooh right, yeah I havent purchased that game yet.

Jay Rust posted:

rip Hi Fi Rush, already forgotten

I haven't finished it yet, which is a gigantic oversight on my part. :sigh: Like half way through the game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Ooh right, yeah I havent purchased that game yet.
TIMER'S TICKING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zZ8RyMk7I&hd=1

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When will we have a peace-a tower

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

when people finally realize The Boss' ideals

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is my PC backlog, I am completely hosed

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Backlogs aren't real

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh dear, many good games to play. What a terrible fate.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I should probably try Battlestar Galactica Deadlock sooner or later here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Just not enough time to play them all and most of them are really long games.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Battlestar Galactica? there's always some space strategy game out there I have never heard about

I'm getting into Stellaris for the first time and it owns. I was a playing a civ of amoral traders that would break the back of empires by stealing their homeworlds at gunpoint, then slowly buying off the rest

I was also able to play a race of Spiritualist Pacifists conservationists that would regularly shoved into lockers by the 3 militarist civs surrounding, but that was willing to throw down in order to annex the habitat of some endangered creatures

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Khanstant posted:

2023-24 are gonna drop so many games I want to play. Probably the most I've had an interest in since like, the late 90s.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ramie posted:

Battlestar Galactica? there's always some space strategy game out there I have never heard about

I'm getting into Stellaris for the first time and it owns. I was a playing a civ of amoral traders that would break the back of empires by stealing their homeworlds at gunpoint, then slowly buying off the rest

I was also able to play a race of Spiritualist Pacifists conservationists that would regularly shoved into lockers by the 3 militarist civs surrounding, but that was willing to throw down in order to annex the habitat of some endangered creatures

Hell yeah I love Stellaris. I know there are some issues with it at high levels of play but at my super casual 'lmao I made a race of friendly dog aliens, now to make friends with space whales' level where I still read all the mission texts and everything, it's a blast.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

I've been playing Suzerain because I've heard good things and it was on sale. I am learning very quickly that I would not make a very good politician.

The game is a fun little politics RPG/text adventure/management game. Not sure if its still on sale but definitely worth it for $4.99.

I'm a huge fan of Suzerain, such a satisfying game with so many meaningful decisions. Still can't believe some of the poo poo that went down my first game.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/kowkarot5/status/1670233427776360450?s=20

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

so does DSP just be stupid on purpose since that's the only way anyone will watch him or is really just incurably brain dead forever, incapable of learning anything

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's legit stupid

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

He's legit stupid

and he's made a career out of it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Is pizza tower on console yet

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vtuber tech still sux

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
help steam looks different suddenly

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Vtuber tech still sux

more lifelike than DSP at least

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Khanstant posted:

with a few minor screw ups here and there. maybe this doesn't matter to 99% of the userbase, but for instance it lost track of the screenshot folders of all my non-steam games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Khanstant posted:

ever since the update steam has started running approximately 3x shittier, it takes like 15 seconds for the main steam window to open any time I want to open it and it no longer shuts down immediately but has to do a closing down thing. it sux

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 20, 2023