Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

euphronius posted:

I enjoy the trivia that one of theodore Roosevelts sons was one of the first officers to land in Normandy

and was apparently the one who realized the division had missed their landing site, began organizing the battle of the bluffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ukraine-counteroffensive-institute-for-study-war-zaporizhzhia-b1088683.html

This reminds me of the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The US military had to pause as well to wait on logistics. Ukraine has pushed so far, so fast, that the fuel/bullets/etc need time to catch up to them.

Also, lets take a look at our cover photo. A brave hero, no...don't look too closely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

56 yo general and he went in with the first wave

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

spacetoaster posted:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ukraine-counteroffensive-institute-for-study-war-zaporizhzhia-b1088683.html

This reminds me of the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The US military had to pause as well to wait on logistics. Ukraine has pushed so far, so fast, that the fuel/bullets/etc need time to catch up to them.

Also, lets take a look at our cover photo. A brave hero, no...don't look too closely.

thats just a punisher style skull not a totenkopf and probably not a sonnenrad, its fine, no big deal

Endman posted:

The barbaric American and their human wave assaults

the barbaric american had to resort to human wave assaults with shovels to defeat the superior wehrmacht on d-day, when you think about it its quite unfair

Mr SuperAwesome has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Jun 19, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

euphronius posted:

56 yo general and he went in with the first wave

With arthritis and requiring a cane, too.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

comedyblissoption posted:

what if hitler was an urbane hip hop jew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmzPnpn63nA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

reading between the lines, Roosevelt went in because high command hopes he’d be killed lol

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Listened to the radio war nerd counteroffensive sitrep. Their guest was saying that the real counteroffensive hasn't begun yet as ukraine has kept the bulk of their army and reserves out of it, and its mostly been probing attacks. I guess it would make sense for them to call it off for now if they're done probing and waiting for a better opportunity.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

KomradeX posted:

The West will never have the real numbers. If there's a future, history books will still bebe filled with how the brave Ukrainians destroyed all of Russia's military and killed 10 million soliders but for unspecified reasons they still lost half the country (best case)

So is this basically what happened with Finland?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

KomradeX posted:

The West will never have the real numbers. If there's a future, history books will still bebe filled with how the brave Ukrainians destroyed all of Russia's military and killed 10 million soliders but for unspecified reasons they still lost half the country (best case)

Russia doesn't seem to have the capability of going on offense. The best they can do is hold on to most of what they have, which is nowhere near half of ukraine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I enjoy the trivia that one of theodore Roosevelts sons was one of the first officers to land in Normandy

The Polish army had a domesticated bear mascot that they used to carry around ammo

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

euphronius posted:

reading between the lines, Roosevelt went in because high command hopes he’d be killed lol

Guess FDR didn't like him.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Russophobia Has Become a Moral Obligation

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

and was apparently the one who realized the division had missed their landing site, began organizing the battle of the bluffs.

they don’t make failsons like they used to

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The russian telegram channels mentioned this yesterday as well but also noted that this hasn't been the case, there was another big probe in the Orekhovo-Piatykhatky direction that was eventually repelled in the evening and tonight apparently they are doing a lot of artillery strikes in the Zaporizhzhia direction.

So the idea appears to be to say that Ukraine is doing a tactical pause while doing the same thing they've been doing the last two weeks so in case they keep failing they can just say they are paused. Back to Schrodinger's counter offensive

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Justinhead1982/status/1670580514464452609?t=vzIl0S2m-zls4QRzV9-4wQ&s=19

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

drat. Do you suppose being surrounded by mountains in any way influences Swiss neutrality? Or being an island Icelandic neutrality?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Frosted Flake posted:

He did better than the other Roosevelt who organized the overthrow of the democratically elected Iranian PM.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

seems to be implying that in this scenario ireland would indeed be entirely russian territory

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mila kunis posted:

Listened to the radio war nerd counteroffensive sitrep. Their guest was saying that the real counteroffensive hasn't begun yet as ukraine has kept the bulk of their army and reserves out of it, and its mostly been probing attacks. I guess it would make sense for them to call it off for now if they're done probing and waiting for a better opportunity.

Well the thing about their not having air or land based firepower means that they can't create better opportunities, and as Russia has a) prepared defences and continues to improve them, and b) mobilized, ensuring those positions are manned, why on earth would better opportunities emerge in the future?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

weird that britain surrendered northern ireland to russia in this map, think that breaks the good friday agreement?

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Pro tip if your country gets teleported to Russia's boarder: seek alliance with Russia, not NATO.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

what do people like that guy mean with all the flags in their usernames

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

Remotely driving an old tank full of explosives towards a purely military target = ISIS terror inhumane disgusting scum Russian subhumans

Packing a Ryder truck full of explosives and detonating it on a bridge full of civilians = heroyim slava especially the unwitting driver

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

the Chechens are guarding Belgorod now, so good luck with invading it and putting Ireland there

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Wow, and they even gave NI to the Russians in their scenario!!!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

tazjin posted:

Terminally online.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

tired: 32 county ireland
wired: 32 county + 46 oblast ireland

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tazjin posted:

Wrapping oneself in a veneer of virtue provides a shield to publicly act like a blood thirsty ghoul while also getting social media pats on the bum by strangers.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The strongest NAFO argument I've ever encountered

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tazjin posted:

its means theyre a hitlerite

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oblast > prefecture

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i put both a russian and a the ukraine thread flag in my username and it works to get a response every time

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Pretty funny this first picture is labelled safe. When Ireland is bordering a country which oppressed them for 800 years and still holds a chunk of it under their rule.

"Hey Ireland I'm sure you feel pretty safe to be neutral, but what if you bordered an imperial empire that wants to genocide your people and turn you into a colony. Try really hard to imagine that."

In the next 50 years the most likely country to invade Ireland will be Britain when their climate change induced summer heatwaves cause crop failures and they need to liberate the paddys of their fertile lands.

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 23:43 on Jun 19, 2023

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Lostconfused posted:

at least post the mockup image too

the map side of the coin appears to have a bunch of blue arrows pointing up toward a currently uncontested stretch of russain border in the north. is this fantasy or did they forward the super secret counteroffensive plans to the company that mints challenge coins in order to have them ready in time?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Marenghi posted:

Pretty funny this first picture is labelled safe. When Ireland is bordering a country which oppressed them for 800 years and still holds a chunk of it under their rule.

"Hey Ireland I'm sure you feel pretty safe to be neutral, but what if you bordered an imperial empire that wants to genocide your people and turn you into a colony. Try really hard to imagine that."

Half of the kit the British sent to Ukraine was designed for use in Derry lmao.

So safe, they took their kids indoors?

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 23:47 on Jun 19, 2023

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Clark Nova posted:

the map side of the coin appears to have a bunch of blue arrows pointing up toward a currently uncontested stretch of russain border in the north. is this fantasy or did they forward the super secret counteroffensive plans to the company that mints challenge coins in order to have them ready in time?

those arrows are pointing towards ireland

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Marenghi posted:

In the next 50 years the most likely country to invade Ireland will be Britain when their climate change induced summer heatwaves cause crop failures and they need to liberate the paddys of their fertile lands.

Knowing about the troubles, particularly in any amount of detail, is almost forbidden knowledge these days.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Knowing about the troubles, particularly in any amount of detail, is almost forbidden knowledge these days.

UK's still pissed about Pedo Lord Mountbatten getting blown up by the IRA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

I've heard amazing things about it. A logistician we had dinner with last month was singing its praises,

did he ask u about ur dog house?