Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I'm above 600 starlight after getting E8 Serval today. Any consensus as to which starlight Light Cones are really worth it? I'm tempted to get Gepard's for Fireblazer.

Of course, I could also buy pulls and hope to proc Silver Wolf, since I'm in a guarantee. But the question remains!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Xalidur posted:

I'm above 600 starlight after getting E8 Serval today. Any consensus as to which starlight Light Cones are really worth it? I'm tempted to get Gepard's for Fireblazer.

Of course, I could also buy pulls and hope to proc Silver Wolf, since I'm in a guarantee. But the question remains!
Gepard's is great for both Gepard and Fireblazer, Bailu's is great for healers, Bronya's is loving disgusting but *only* for Bronya

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Gepard's is great for both Gepard and Fireblazer, Bailu's is great for healers, Bronya's is loving disgusting but *only* for Bronya

I've got Bailu's already, on Bailu! And I do have Bronya, she's using the Forgotten Hall one. Fireblazer has Landau's Choice.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

JT Jag posted:

While trying to get new celestial relics for Jing Yun, instead I ended up getting a literally perfect, flawless relic

... that is useful for no character currently in the game, even Seele since she doesn't do follow ups

It says 'the wearer's Ultimate and follow-up damage', though? Like, that sounds fine for Seele?

Smugposting my own Quantum Salsotto sphere:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people were sold on the idea of Jing Yuan as OMG SO OP THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE CHARACTER EVER HE WILL CARRY YOU and he's 'just' the second best dedicated dps character in the game so its no surprise some people are whining

the solution is to take all pre-release metaanalysis with a grain of salt

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

people were sold on the idea of Jing Yuan as OMG SO OP THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE CHARACTER EVER HE WILL CARRY YOU and he's 'just' the second best dedicated dps character in the game so its no surprise some people are whining

the solution is to take all pre-release metaanalysis with a grain of salt
And he's only #2 because Seele is one of the most degenerate DPS characters I've ever seen in a gacha

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The solution is to ignore all Hoyoverse content creators on YouTube because they flip a coin that has "BROKEN???" on one side and "TERRIBLE???" on the other so they know what to slot into their thumbnail and rant about for their next video.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
There is also a profound difference between budget accounts and whales when it comes to any character. It is easy to use a decently geared trial character or support character in a situation that is optimally suited for their skills and think they own, and then get them and they are underwhelming because you have a subpar 4* LC and garbage relics. I wish I had Seele when I use one from my friends list that is E4 with a S5 5* LC, but if I had her I am sure her damage would be much more inline with the rest of my people.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

as someone who has her at E0 with her un-superimposed 5-star LC, she's still quite good!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I have her at E0 using a S1 Herta LC, she really is just bonkers damage still.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Bussamove posted:

I have her at E0 using a S1 Herta LC, she really is just bonkers damage still.

Yup, that's me too.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Seele is a solid 25% higher single target damage than anything else in the game right now, and she's still really good for multitarget. Her kit is so incredibly overtuned it's loving bonkers.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

One of my favorite teams I'm running right now is crowd control. Welt, March, Silver Wolf and I just slotted in Jing Yuan. Took them through 3-2 to smack Gepard around and it felt good.

Also Welt and March are really the core of it. It works great with Asta and Sushang slotted in.

It's a little skill hungry and Jing kind of makes Break Effect SW a little useless, but it's a ton of fun not letting the enemy do anything.

Xalidur posted:

Welt's is great for any Nihility character except Silver Wolf. It's still great on her, but the 4* from the event is better for her personally.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It helps that many of the multitarget fights are "one huge boss plus a bunch of weak adds", which is a pattern that Seele really takes advantage of.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Same here. Seele is on another planet compared to all my other characters.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Best part about Silver Wolf is that she makes Seele optimal everywhere.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

JT Jag posted:

S3 Bronya LC gives Asta the energy regen she needs to reliably Ult every 2 turns, ie: give the party a permanent +50 speed.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 20, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She can also do this with a 3* LC but this feels bad.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Walla posted:

What upcoming units are people looking forward to? I'm really hoping to pull Luocha because then I can build a team with SW, Welt and Quinque and feel good about it.

Lynx and Fu Xuan so I can do my mono quantum team. Just giving zero fucks about the weaknesses of any content.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
It's probably unlikely but one thing I'm hoping for is the meta moving away from taking one busted character and building a hypercarry team around them because I really like how support/debuff chars are designed in this game. SW is a really loving cool comp enabling unit and her weakness mechanic can really make you think about which elements to bring vs an enemy's weaknesses to minimize/eliminate the RNG factor.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I skipped Seele. So actually, she sucks. Hth.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Seele mains drool!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

seele sw and bronya are a power throuple and that's story spoilers

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Seele's ult made my eyes and head hurt a lot, which is the genuinely bad thing about the character:(

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Carew posted:

It's probably unlikely but one thing I'm hoping for is the meta moving away from taking one busted character and building a hypercarry team around them because I really like how support/debuff chars are designed in this game. SW is a really loving cool comp enabling unit and her weakness mechanic can really make you think about which elements to bring vs an enemy's weaknesses to minimize/eliminate the RNG factor.

This is really weird because hypercarry teams are literally where support and debuff characters are at their best, it's "DPS characters that aren't the literal best option" that get pushed out.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

is this experiment event really just submitting some recipe mat for some rewards each day? A bit of a letdown after the full on museum event, but I take any free stuff they hand me i guess

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The break effect artifact set is good for SW right? I recently got some 5*s from that set with exceptionally good substats (haven't leveled them yet, though; artifact XP is a pain).

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Tatsuta Age posted:

seele sw and bronya are a power throuple and that's story spoilers

confirmed

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Seele is a loving dork who doesnt know how to dress herself

(she owns)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

The break effect artifact set is good for SW right? I recently got some 5*s from that set with exceptionally good substats (haven't leveled them yet, though; artifact XP is a pain).

Yeah. Quantum has the best break status ailment, and it's relatively easy for SW to break everything because she can make them weak against her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Jabor posted:

This is really weird because hypercarry teams are literally where support and debuff characters are at their best, it's "DPS characters that aren't the literal best option" that get pushed out.

I was also thinking that. Pretty much every support character in this game except maybe Pela is considered top tier if not mandatory, while Hunt, Erudition, and Destruction characters who aren't the best have quickly filtered to the bottom.

Sampo occupies a weird position, I guess.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Destruction is the weirdest path in this game imo

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Pela is 100% a top tier support unit. With Resolution/Incessant rain, her autos generate as much energy as everyone else's skills. Pela can very reliably mainstain her def shred with 100% uptime. Pairing her with silverwolf gives a very easy 100% def shred to kill enemies. Debuff shredding is very useful against certain enemies too, especially in MoC.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

having two of the same path looks ugly though

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You need 4 of the same path for an achievement, but that's actually hard to achieve at this point.

Edit: I was wrong it only takes 3.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 20, 2023

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

Jabor posted:

I mean I'd like see more teams that aren't just one top DPS being juiced up by supports. Maybe a team with 2 DPS or strong teams built around dots, breaking, or cc.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i can't wait to get kafka and do my all nihility team

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
SP is the biggest barrier to double DPS teams though someone like Sushang could work. But nihility exists, which is basically sub-dps already and then a whole bunch of other useful stuff.

I can see a dot team once Kafka's out

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Carew posted:

I mean I'd like see more teams that aren't just one top DPS being juiced up by supports. Maybe a team with 2 DPS or strong teams built around dots, breaking, or cc.

Teams built around breaking or CC are also built around hypercarries, because breaking and CC are support effects done by supports who are also juicing up your carry. Dots are just another form of damage, and you can bet a team built around them will want to juice up the main applier.

As for multiple DPS, the next Harmony character (Yukong) does somewhat encourage this since she gives a massive ATK buff to the next two people to act, but doesn't have any way of ensuring who those people will be. So theoretically at least, she would work best in a team with multiple damage characters so those buffs won't go wasted. Unfortunately that does nothing to address the actual issue though, which is that dps characters are way too skill point hungry to have too many of them on a team. And Yukong herself would also be skill point hungry if she's going to be spamming that buff.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah in general I find you have enough SP for two SP spenders on a team and then two supports. It's a surprisingly tight management.