Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Shiroc posted:

Sidon being so utterly in love with Link but needing to marry someone else for royal appearance reasons is the biggest tragedy in the series

I got a solid laugh when I realized she was a familiar shade of green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shiroc posted:

Sidon being so utterly in love with Link but needing to marry someone else for royal appearance reasons is the biggest tragedy in the series

I like how his SO totally gets his bromance with Link and gets mad at him for not going on another adventure with Link to the water temple.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
As others have pointed out Sidon and Yona have some pretty strong looking for a third energy in all their conversations with Link.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I hear this theory from time to time, and just, no. Many of the games are explicitly tied to others, and to their benefit. Wind Waker's story is great *because* it's explicitly an Ocarina sequel.

Wind Waker's story is great on it's own.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Nameless Pete posted:

Oh poo poo lol

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Windwaker works as a self-contained thing but I feel like it adds a little extra oomf that it's the Hyrule that you knew that was destroyed.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

veni veni veni posted:

Tbh I haven't broken a single shield in the entire game haha. I never use them.

I too mostly absorb blows with my face.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The moment of getting into the basement and seeing the stained glass portraits of the Sages along with the Master Sword hit hard for me.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

TOTK was a hit! What should we do for the sequel?

We’ll send Zelda back 20,000 years!!

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 20, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If the next Zelda game doesn't have playable Zelda I'll whine about it until the next one does.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

there were 2 playable zelda games and they both sucked, no reason to try it again -Nintendo, probably

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

If there's a playable Zelda it better be good. Wouldn't want those dumb-rear end Mary Jane Watson stealth sections but Zelda.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Folks emulating the game, has anyone put in tools to have some kind of photo mode? That's one of my biggest complaints about the game, there's so many moments where it either looks really cool or there's something dumb you want to show, and it gets so old having to capture everything with the real-time camera.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Man I just can’t find a way to kill these Lynel motherfuckers. Any particular reason they don’t have a big healthbar like other big baddies? I find that weird because they’re hard as nails.

I picked one longsword (any weapon that lets you spin attack) with my strongest fuse with the understanding it was going to break. I can't dodge to to save my life but I find shield parrying them is much easier. You can parry their side swipe attack as they run by, their charging straight at you attack, and their ground pound after raising up on their hind legs since they're telegraphed with a pretty good amount of time to react. Parry to stun, then arrow to the face to stun longer. You can mount them to attack without sacrificing weapon durability, but in the interest of just being done with it,I just go behind them and just start swinging. While you're swinging, they'll turn their head in either direction and start to turn that way; that's the side they're going to attack, so you can just keep spin attacking while circling the opposite direction they look and turn until they eventually run away, then just do it again. It took two cycles the first time for me, but I was willing to break my weapon for it.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 20, 2023

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

If there's a playable Zelda it better be good. Wouldn't want those dumb-rear end Mary Jane Watson stealth sections but Zelda.

Those were good tho, especially the last one where you can call in Peter to kidnap enemies while you ran around stun-gunning the rest.

Stealth segments are good+cool

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PageMaster posted:

I picked one longsword (any weapon that lets you spin attack) with my strongest fuse with the understanding it was going to break. I can't dodge to to save my life but I find shield parrying them is much easier. You can parry their side swipe attack as they run by, their charging straight at you attack, and their ground pound after raising up on their hind legs since they're telegraphed with a pretty good amount of time to react. Parry to stun, then arrow to the face to stun longer. You can mount them to attack without sacrificing weapon durability, but in the interest of just being done with it,I just go behind them and just start swinging. While you're swinging, they'll turn their head in either direction and start to turn that way; that's the side they're going to attack, so you can just keep spin attacking while circling the opposite direction they look and turn until they eventually run away, then just do it again. It took two cycles the first time for me, but I was willing to break my weapon for it.

Note that 2-hander lynels will often spin when you do this instead of turning. Works on swords great and spears pretty well though

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Tunicate posted:

there were 2 playable zelda games and they both sucked, no reason to try it again -Nintendo, probably

Cadence of Hyrule was good

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I would want a game starring Zelda to focus more on the puzzles than the combat to differentiate her wisdom versus Link's courage. Like, I still want her to kick rear end with the light arrows and be a crossdressing ninja/pirate/dragon. Just wisely.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

bawk posted:

Breath of the Wild 3: link wakes up in the temple of metamorphosis. he has lost everything except for a small tablet. the camera app is open to a single picture of Beedle with the caption "don't believe his lies"

"Hey! Listen! looks like you got a whole tattoo gallery on your back! Spells out something..."

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

A game starring Zelda should basically be a Hyrule version of King of Dragon Pass

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I didn't mind playing as Zelda in Age of Calamity. She wasn't as fun as Link/Impa/Mipha but most of the other characters were way worse than her.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nameless Pete posted:

I would want a game starring Zelda to focus more on the puzzles than the combat to differentiate her wisdom versus Link's courage. Like, I still want her to kick rear end with the light arrows and be a crossdressing ninja/pirate/dragon. Just wisely.

It would be kinda neat to do something like the Oracle games, except with Zelda in the one that focused more on puzzles. And then I guess a third one featuring Ganon, running around doing things to increase his power, evilly?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I want a magic fabric for my paraglider that randomly changes to an owned paraglider designs I have. I got to many....

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Nameless Pete posted:

oh my god they're both short too like she's way shorter than most zora chicks

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://twitter.com/Bruceski1/status/1670983910048829441

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The number of times I've whacked my creation to start it only to smash the wood parts to pieces is more than I care to admit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Nintendo should've embraced that art style in some fashion. I know they can't claim responsibility for any of it, and it's actually kind of hard to find the individuals whose working style it was, but it's got an intensely frenetic charm and life to it that nothing else really captured before or after. Even the few non-zelda games that had hints of that style to them after weren't quite the same, but still good imo. It's forever tied up in memes and youtube poops but whatever, it's a legitimately dope art and animation style. The cutscenes and NPCs I mean, not the janky gameplay stuff.

hey could be worse, look what they did to Peach when she finally got her own game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The number of times I've whacked my creation to start it only to smash the wood parts to pieces is more than I care to admit.

Several times made a vehicle underground, thought to be clever and use a giant brightbloom seed for free light as I ride, forgetting the seed activates it and just watch my nicely lit vehicle rocket off without me.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It happens so very rarely for me, and it makes it into an enormous shock each time, because I'd entirely forgotten that could happen.

How much game is left if I got to the hidden sky island for the fifth sage? I just got to the first shrine up there and turned it off for the night. Wondering if it's worth taking a detour to get the Thunder Helm I've heard about, especially if I'm close to the end of the game. So far these islands have been a bit of a nightmare, since I got up there with 0 weapons or bows or shields that don't attract lightning lol.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Phenotype posted:

It happens so very rarely for me, and it makes it into an enormous shock each time, because I'd entirely forgotten that could happen.

How much game is left if I got to the hidden sky island for the fifth sage? I just got to the first shrine up there and turned it off for the night. Wondering if it's worth taking a detour to get the Thunder Helm I've heard about, especially if I'm close to the end of the game. So far these islands have been a bit of a nightmare, since I got up there with 0 weapons or bows or shields that don't attract lightning lol.

You could easily go and beat the game within an hour if you want. The Thunder Helm is good for fighting Electric Gleeoks, but won't help you in the final boss fight. When you beat the game, your save file is marked with a star, and when you return it will return you to the final point right before you fight the boss, so there is essentially no end game content. You can keep on doing activities in anticipation of fighting the final boss.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Zore posted:

Those were good tho, especially the last one where you can call in Peter to kidnap enemies while you ran around stun-gunning the rest.

Stealth segments are good+cool

If I'm playing a game where I'm a guy who can swing around and climb anything with my dope powers, I don't want to spend fifteen minutes as like, some random with no powers. The non-Spidey stuff in that game was awful.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Yeah the Mary Jane and Miles bits of Spider-Man PS4 are hot garbage. The ONLY good MJ bit is the aforementioned one where you have Peter snatch up guys for you. And that’s just only fun because all the others before were so tedious.

Anyway I watched this and now you guys have to too:

https://twitter.com/doodletones/status/1670496357961043975?s=61&t=l3UaNwaqSfO2fx3jbb747Q

I don’t know who this guy is but I don’t know if I’ve ever been angrier at a stranger on the internet than seeing this guy complain about the simplest shrine puzzle.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MokBa posted:

Yeah the Mary Jane and Miles bits of Spider-Man PS4 are hot garbage. The ONLY good MJ bit is the aforementioned one where you have Peter snatch up guys for you. And that’s just only fun because all the others before were so tedious.

ironic vtuber posting is still vtuber posting

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Tunicate posted:

ironic vtuber posting is still vtuber posting

I got no problem with the vtuber — it’s the other guy that sucks poo poo

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I solved that shrine in the amount of time it took me to sing the Mister Plow song while I did it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MokBa posted:

https://twitter.com/doodletones/status/1670496357961043975?s=61&t=l3UaNwaqSfO2fx3jbb747Q

I don’t know who this guy is but I don’t know if I’ve ever been angrier at a stranger on the internet than seeing this guy complain about the simplest shrine puzzle.

Being terrible in the stupidest possible ways is that guy's brand.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MokBa posted:

I got no problem with the vtuber

:mods:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

gross video all around

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
DSP's solution was funnier. I did that for a particular shrine where you are asked to lift a ball using a crank. But I didn't get how to do that, so instead I stacked a bunch of them by gluing them together until I could lean my towering pillar of balls on the railing above and pluck one.

This game is honestly a great creativity test. Ask five people how they solved a shrine and you'll get five different answers. A friend of mine solved the one I mention by holding a ball up to the railing, letting it drop, then recalling and yoinking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

good thing auto build is also an undo button. its pretty slick how much it does with very simple rules!