Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Frank do you know about live searches (sometimes called "woops* :woop: )? They are life changing if you want niche stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
No? I saw the button on the trade website but I wasn’t sure what it did

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Basically live search just constantly looks at what's there and will ping you anytime something meeting your criteria comes back online/is listed etc.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Posting from phone so I can't be as detailed as I want but if you have a combination of mods on, say, a watcher's eye, you can put them in the trade search and even if there's no results just click on the live search button and it will notify you with a woop sound when someone lists it. Handy to do with a price filter as well.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Frank Frank posted:

You were correct. Took 2 attempts but I got it 6l for lot less than I would have paid for mats.

E: Great googly moogly I'm looking at north of 4.5m DPS now with 3 wither stacks from totems alone assuming 1 power and 1 frenzy charge (which would be on the low side. With 5 wither stacks and 3 frenzy 3 power I'm at 5.5m DPS. Going for style points now. I want capped quality at 28/29% whatever you said it was.

look at how far you’ve come :3:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The timing of your dm to a seller after a live search hits is critical

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Einwand posted:

Basically live search just constantly looks at what's there and will ping you anytime something meeting your criteria comes back online/is listed etc.

I would need 3-4 of these running to hit all of the permutations of watchers eyes I’d be looking for. Do I just open multiple instances of the website?

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
No, you add all the viable mods to a single search and change the stat filter type to count, with a minimum value of 2.

Alternatively you can have separate filter types in the same search, so one 'and' filter with a mod that you insist on, then a second 'count' filter with all the other viable options and a minimum count of 1.

ubachung fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 20, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
No, you just need to get better at using the stat groups (you do know what button does, right?): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/Lk4E9Mlsn

Tenkaris posted:

I had a search for dot multi (not igniting so don't need ailment speed)

Uh, ailment speed will still kill stuff faster.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

No, you just need to get better at using the stat groups (you do know what button does, right?): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/Lk4E9Mlsn

I'll fiddle with it. I didn't know that was a thing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Looking at the prices of double Malevolence WEs on PC, it might behoove you to read this section very very carefully.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You can use more in depth filters to do fancier searches.
I'm not sure what AND is for, seems like it'd do the same thing to just stuff it into the main search set.
NOT lets you put in things you strictly don't want to see.
I have no clue how to use IF.
COUNT lets you add a set of mods you want to see X to Y out of on any given item shown, so combined with the initial malevolence effect you could throw a bunch of other one off useful effects into this one to see anything that has the mod you want and any other mods you'd find acceptable.
Weighted sum is some nonsense where you can tally up mods you care about more than others but is probably too much effort to use manually.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Looking at the prices of double Malevolence WEs on PC, it might behoove you to read this section very very carefully.

Well that explains why I was getting good money for selling the 2 of those I found. Looks like you can't choose which aura modifier you reroll though right so it's A) a crapshoot as to whether it hits malevolence or the other mod and B) an even crazier crapshoot to hit a 2nd malevolence aura mod? Would help my odds a little to get a 3 mod jewel rather than a 2 mod I guess.

Someone tell me if my math is off here please. If the odds are better than what I outlined above, please let me know!

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 20, 2023

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

euphronius posted:

The timing of your dm to a seller after a live search hits is critical

lmao this always gives me anxiety, gotta hit that sweet spot, can’t instant slam the whisper because they might just think they underpriced it, but gotta get it before it’s sold

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

whypick1 posted:

it would give me 12% more dps on fire trap only, it has no effect on righteous fire. the added cost is not worth that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jeep posted:

lmao this always gives me anxiety, gotta hit that sweet spot, can’t instant slam the whisper because they might just think they underpriced it, but gotta get it before it’s sold

Yeah gotta be casual

Oh hey I just noticed your extremely niche 5 affix rare went on sale with no others listed. Huh well if you don’t want it anymore

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tenkaris posted:

it would give me 12% more dps on fire trap only, it has no effect on righteous fire. the added cost is not worth that.

Oh, right, you're doing RF and not the same build as Frank now. Yeah, that'd only help the ignite that comes from Fire Trap's hit, not the burning ground it leaves.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Oh, right, you're doing RF and not the same build as Frank now. Yeah, that'd only help the ignite that comes from Fire Trap's hit, not the burning ground it leaves.

Yeah, though I didn't sell any of the BV gear and have been upgrading it some still. I want to try the asenaths for temp chains

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah, though I didn't sell any of the BV gear and have been upgrading it some still. I want to try the asenaths for temp chains

It's fun as heck. When I get a double shrine speed buff + elusive I can make the frame rate lock up entirely

E: Oh c'mon wtf I have to buy primeval geode thingies to finish towering titans and not only that, I have to get lucky and have 5 unique bosses spawn in one go? Booo. BOOOO. I can’t even do anything to influence the spawn. It’s pure RNG and probably shouldn’t be in a mandatory challenge requirement

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 20, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

None of the challenges are mandatory and that's one of the least bullshit RNG ones they've ever done.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Frank Frank posted:

Gonna grab it then. That's a steal at 40c. Just need to work backwards to get it to 6l with the colors I need using what people wrote earlier

E: Got it to 26% with 6 sockets and the correct colors using tainted orbs! Now I just have to come up with (checks notes) 1500 orbs of fusing and 1500 vaal orbs lmao wtf

unless tainted fusings are like 150c on console, tainted fusings are way cheaper

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

It's fun as heck. When I get a double shrine speed buff + elusive I can make the frame rate lock up entirely

E: Oh c'mon wtf I have to buy primeval geode thingies to finish towering titans and not only that, I have to get lucky and have 5 unique bosses spawn in one go? Booo. BOOOO. I can’t even do anything to influence the spawn. It’s pure RNG and probably shouldn’t be in a mandatory challenge requirement

Buy one of the ones with the increased number of uniques affixes and it's all but guaranteed

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tenkaris posted:

I had a search for dot multi (not igniting so don't need ailment speed) and then at least 1 of a list of other mods from other auras I use (determination, Purity of Ice)

best case would have been phys damage reduction or crit damage reduction from determination, but this phys taken as cold was probably my 3rd choice and I wasn't expecting to get it for less than like... 8-10 div from what I was seeing. :woop:

I'm seriously confused why you're running purity of ice, unless you're also running aegis + melding, in which case you should have way more than 83 cold res.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Wuxi posted:

I'm seriously confused why you're running purity of ice, unless you're also running aegis + melding, in which case you should have way more than 83 cold res.

Because that's how much max cold I have right now :shrug:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mystadon/characters

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

That is... a lot of work to get aegis/melding running for a measly 83 max res and 27k armour.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Wuxi posted:

That is... a lot of work to get aegis/melding running for a measly 83 max res and 27k armour.

:shrug:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I got up to 85 resists but can't get 86 without hitting +2 max on gloves which appears to only roll with exceptional ichor lol. So that might be a while, guess I could do orb of conflict poo poo but it sounds like no fun lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
get an unwavering stance impossible escape

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Stux posted:

get an unwavering stance impossible escape

Interesting 🤔

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
They're good. But also very expensive.

As for the gloves, use orb of conflict to raise it instead of rolling with exceptionals.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

totalnewbie posted:

As for the gloves, use orb of conflict to raise it instead of rolling with exceptionals.

unwavering stance is about 4div, imbalanced guard is the v expensive one in that same area. but also might just be my idea of expensive is out of line tbh

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Stux posted:

unwavering stance is about 4div, imbalanced guard is the v expensive one in that same area. but also might just be my idea of expensive is out of line tbh

Yeah it's not crazy expensive, I can buy it tonight once I get off work and can play

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

totalnewbie posted:

Doesn't he need to roll +1% max with Exceptionals to allow the Orb of Conflict to raise that to Exquisite +2% max?

Also you'd want to throw a single Exceptional Ember at those gloves to give the Conflict a 50/50 shot at raising the cold res mod, then get your Fire Exposure mod back with Lesser Embers. Orb of Conflict success is ~50% minus 11% for each tier in difference, so if you have Exceptional (T4) + Lesser (T1) and are trying to raise the Exceptional you'd have less than a 20% chance of success.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Doesn't he need to roll +1% max with Exceptionals to allow the Orb of Conflict to raise that to Exquisite +2% max?

Also you'd want to throw a single Exceptional Ember at those gloves to give the Conflict a 50/50 shot at raising the cold res mod, then get your Fire Exposure mod back with Lesser Embers. Orb of Conflict success is ~50% minus 11% for each tier in difference, so if you have Exceptional (T4) + Lesser (T1) and are trying to raise the Exceptional you'd have less than a 20% chance of success.

yeah I was looking for this kind of info earlier, I wasn't even sure what tiers could roll with different embers, craftofexile has the implicit list but I need to learn more before I waste currency doing it wrong lol

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You can always orb of conflict a mod up multiple tiers, and since it's biased towards upgrading the lower tier mod it's not that hard generally to take a lesser to grand mod up to exceptional or higher, while trying to actually roll a specific mod with the exceptional currency is astoundingly expensive, you mostly use those just to put in filler mods for making the orb of conflict odds better.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm not saying that Aegis/Melding is bad, but at that point you might as well get a Saffells, lose the block nodes and path into the marauder area for life and max res. You're putting a lot of constraints on your build (aura clusters, block nodes, extra resists for melding) for pretty mediocre results and some ES on block that you don't really need unless you farm Simulacrums all day
That said, Melding/Aegis still scales insanely well with more investment

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Yeah I'm following pohx's RF inquisitor pob and the endgame setup is a little confusing

He's got trees and item sets for lots of different configurations but says aegis and melding are the way to go, but it still feels pretty squishy with 4k life regardless lol

He suggests you can get positive regen of 1300 and lose the life flask, I'm not seeing how I can hit that kind of regen, even when I was still using immortal flesh. But I needed more resists to go into melding. It's a struggle lol

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 20, 2023

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah I'm following pohx's RF inquisitor pob and the endgame setup is a little confusing

He's got trees and item sets for lots of different configurations but says aegis and melding are the way to go, but it still feels pretty squishy with 4k life regardless lol

He suggests you can get positive regen of 1300 and lose the life flask, I'm not seeing how I can hit that kind of regen, even when I was still using immortal flesh. But I needed more resists to go into melding. It's a struggle lol

Aegis is absolutely the final form of the RF Inq, but I think people switch way too early in general. The build functions incredibly well as a raw EHP/regen monstrosity

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Wuxi posted:

Aegis is absolutely the final form of the RF Inq, but I think people switch way too early in general. The build functions incredibly well as a raw EHP/regen monstrosity

I have a very nice roll dawn breaker in my stash still I think, that thing was very nice

Also he stacks the medium burning damage notable that can drop a smoke cloud on kill, was wondering why that's the choice he goes with

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Einwand posted:

You can always orb of conflict a mod up multiple tiers, and since it's biased towards upgrading the lower tier mod it's not that hard generally to take a lesser to grand mod up to exceptional or higher, while trying to actually roll a specific mod with the exceptional currency is astoundingly expensive, you mostly use those just to put in filler mods for making the orb of conflict odds better.

Yeah looking at craft of exile that's like an average 20 divs worth of embers to hit it with an exceptional and then upgrade with an orb of conflict