Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah, the DOT teams will start actually being good post-Kafka. I don't find that too different from hypercarry though because your team is essentially wrapped around Kafka as the enabler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Actually Yukong would be pretty funny in dot teams, since technically she is buffing the entire party as long as no one takes any actions, so all their dots are boosted simultaneously. Assuming they don't snapshot when cast.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Clarste posted:

Teams built around breaking or CC also also built around hypercarries, because breaking and CC are support effects done by supports who are also juicing up your carry. Dots are just another form of damage, and you can bet a team built around them will want to juice up the main applier.

As for multiple DPS, the next Harmony character (Yukong) does somewhat encourage this since she gives a massive ATK buff to the next two people to act, but doesn't have any way of ensuring who those people will be. So theoretically at least, she would work best in a team with multiple damage characters so those buffs won't go wasted. Unfortunately that does nothing to address the actual issue though, which is that dps characters are way too skill point hungry to have too many of them on a team. And Yukong herself would also be skill point hungry if she's going to be spamming that buff.

This makes it seem like she'd pair quite well with Qingque, whom you can play without using any skill points.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also Sushang who refunds points on Broken enemies

Luocha (being an ATK based healer)/QQ/Sushang/Yukong sounds solid, the only downside being the double Imaginary

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Nice smooth back to back first clears without a character death. SW is fun.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Zurai posted:

JY is very partner agnostic. About the only offensive support that doesn't work just fine with him is Bronya (because her damage buff won't ever apply to Lightning Lord), all the others work about as well as you might want with him. And he doesn't care what defensive supports you bring as long as they keep him alive.

You don't "lose out" on damage unless you have less than 6 hits on LL. You don't have to max it at 10 hits. The only threshold is 6 where you get some extra crit. And even then, it's hardly a catastrophe if you only get 5 hits every once in a while. Give him some speed boots and you'll be fine.

I find Jing Yuan loves Bronya cos she gives him free turns, which gives lightning lord stacks. They have the same base speed, so its pretty easy to get it so Jing Yuan is just slightly faster than her and then you can come out of the gate swinging. Plus you still get the buffs from her ult.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Excelzior posted:

also Sushang who refunds points on Broken enemies

Luocha (being an ATK based healer)/QQ/Sushang/Yukong sounds solid, the only downside being the double Imaginary

Double imaginary is good though. Especially for Sushang who sucks when the enemies aren't broken.

Four element teams, while decent for just progressing the story, are kind of useless in the long run. Since all even slightly challenging content just tells you all the enemies' weaknesses ahead of time.

Edit: Yukong in particular also has a passive that buffs the party's imaginary damage, so theoretically she would be ideal in an all-imaginary team.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 20, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Izzhov posted:

This makes it seem like she'd pair quite well with Qingque, whom you can play without using any skill points.

You could but QQ wants to burn skill points to buff herself as well if you're using her as a main DPS instead of a support DPS.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I miss using Qingque once I got Seele/SW. Yeah you can hit a whammy on tiles but it's just fun ro gamble....

Anyway pulling Kafka cause Kafka

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

used an rng and landed on remembrance, then just picked the left option (blessings, curios, domain type, etc.) no matter what it was. didn't talk to herta at all. I don't know what kind of bird brain point I was trying to make by doing this. shout out to the destruction blessing that spreads damage evenly

e: 100% autobattle as well. it was slow, cocolia was hitting like a train by the end

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 20, 2023

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
There should be an achievement for completely ignoring Herta and refusing to talk to her during a whole run. There already is one for ignoring the Downloader.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

There's an achievement for ending a run with zero or less money and I don't know how to do that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

There's an achievement for ending a run with zero or less money and I don't know how to do that.

Closest I've gotten was 3 money at the end of a run.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Clarste posted:

I got that achievement by pure dumb luck. Don't know how I did it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like that it says “zero or less”

Can you go into debt??

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i never talk to herta until right before the boss

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lazy_Liberal posted:

never talk to herta

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If I'm desperate for blessings of the path I'm on I buy a blessing from her and pray. If not then sometimes I look at the curio selection. I rarely ever pick the 2 random enhancements unless I'm flush with cash (I'm never flush with cash).

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I pick the 80 currency 1* blessing every single time unless I have almost all the 1* blessing of my Path. It's a great way to enhance your chances of getting as many resonances as possible.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I usually did the 1 star blessing but just started doing the Curio and some of them can be really good so I'm tempted to keep trying them unless I get really bad luck on the blessings and have to reroll a lot

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
It's just more consistent even if the ceiling is lower in my experience. And I tend to favor consistency.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Danakir posted:

I got that achievement by pure dumb luck. Don't know how I did it.

Same. I did not even know it was an achievement until I did it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Man, now I'm annoyed at how close I was to zero the other day (only had 5 left)

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Just think of it as a 1/10 chance that you'll have an amount of credits that end in 0. When you do, buy enhancements at the final store appropriately.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think Nihility is the most fun SU Path. It's just funny how it can end up once you have a bunch of blessings.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I haven't raised sampo so never bothered with it really but i want to try it out if i manage to get kafka

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Elation is my fav funny path but I have Clara. Managed to get 400k in one shot last night which was cool.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any value to going all eruditon or destruction plus a healer later for the off-team or is that a bad brains terrible no stop don't do it sort of thing?

I'm just not sure how not having a dedicated single target character goes.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

I haven't raised sampo so never bothered with it really but i want to try it out if i manage to get kafka

I don't even have a Sampo and I run Nihility and it is still the best path. I'm doing it purely off of Asta + Serval's janky fire + lightning DoTs.

Ibblebibble posted:

Elation is my fav funny path but I have Clara. Managed to get 400k in one shot last night which was cool.

I have Clara and I want to do an Elation, but every time I go Elation she just takes all the damage and dies. Actually that's just been my Clara experience in general, SU or otherwise.

Do you folks like, have a token defensive relic in your builds or anything? I feel like everyone else's Clara owns face, but mine just falls over and dies in any at-level content.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't, I run 4 phys + the SU set that boosts follow up damage. I have a smattering of def substats I guess? The only strictly defensive main stat I have is HP on hat and well, that's forced on you anyway. I run her with some combination of March/Fireblazer/Nat most of the time too. Also the Herta store destruction LC, not her gacha one (don't have it).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

March seems like the obvious Clara enabler. Give her taunt and shield and watch her work.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Clarste posted:

March seems like the obvious Clara enabler. Give her taunt and shield and watch her work.

Yeah, I'm planning on picking Clara in 6 months or so when I get to 300, and I've been raising my March+Tingyun+Natasha to prepare for it. It seems like those 4 (with Natasha swappable for any healer really) are pretty much the canonical "best Clara team", the way I see it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You better watch out though, since Tingyun has infinite aggro and will always be hit.

In a more serious vein, how much research has been done into the exact damage formulas for Weakness Break effects? Like, not just the damage of the dot, but also the burst of damage they take immediately. Because I've been noticing that Quantum does way less damage immediately than Fire, even with more Break Effect, and while it makes up for it later with Entanglement, I find myself curious how they all stack up relative to each other.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Oh okay, yeah, I ran Clara with (a very underleveled and underbuilt) March but no Natasha. When Clara ults, enemies sometimes focus her down. They just chew through March's shield, which while not surprising, I just wished Clara had a little more mitigation than the flat amount they gave her. I was gonna ask 'is two defensive supports on a team really okay?', but I guess Clara takes the role of both dps and tank, so I guess it all evens out in the end.

So the answer is 'invest more in March', I guess? I'm working on other pet project characters at the moment but I'll come back to Clara someday. Svarog is most wholesome robot.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm at 150 / 300 for the freebie

I feel like by the time we all hit 300 the choice of 5* character will be severely diminished in excitement because they'll be long since obsolete :(

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm gonna pick Himeko.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

facepalmolive posted:

Oh okay, yeah, I ran Clara with (a very underleveled and underbuilt) March but no Natasha. When Clara ults, enemies sometimes focus her down. They just chew through March's shield, which while not surprising, I just wished Clara had a little more mitigation than the flat amount they gave her. I was gonna ask 'is two defensive supports on a team really okay?', but I guess Clara takes the role of both dps and tank, so I guess it all evens out in the end.

So the answer is 'invest more in March', I guess? I'm working on other pet project characters at the moment but I'll come back to Clara someday. Svarog is most wholesome robot.

I mean my other question is what's the trace level for your Clara's ult? In SU especially I find that her health just pingpongs from taking damage then getting healed by passive/Nat healing so that might be what you're missing as well. Outside of SU it's usually March shield/Fireblazer taunt (with ult up) and Nat healing for me.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

berenzen posted:

Pela is 100% a top tier support unit. With Resolution/Incessant rain, her autos generate as much energy as everyone else's skills. Pela can very reliably mainstain her def shred with 100% uptime. Pairing her with silverwolf gives a very easy 100% def shred to kill enemies. Debuff shredding is very useful against certain enemies too, especially in MoC.

By the way, how does the damage formula for this work? I assume that reducing defense by 100% does not mean "every attack does infinity damage"...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm gonna make a team with Himeko, Serval, Herta, and a healer and they're going to farm calyxes for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Meowywitch posted:

I'm at 150 / 300 for the freebie

I feel like by the time we all hit 300 the choice of 5* character will be severely diminished in excitement because they'll be long since obsolete :(

Bronya at least looks pretty evergreen since even if they are releasing another character that could do a 100% Action Forward in the future (they are), it's the kind of thing that gets better the more you have it.

Based on what we know from the leaks Gepard's probably also not getting replaced anytime soon. There are only 2 new Preservation characters out of like 20-30 that's been leaked so far, and both of them seem to be a hybrid between defense and DPS rather than defense and CC like Geppie.