Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Countblanc posted:

Any recommendations for what to grab in World 3 with Blue/Red/Beastmaster/Dragoon? I got Mighty Guard already, but it feels like the only means I have of doing damage is Air Knife Aeroga and I feel like that isn't going to cut it in the Rift (currently does ~1,800 at level 25).

Also level up spots would be appreciated. Don't really care about AP though.

e: Also also: I remember seeing a google doc with a list of a bunch of pixel remaster mods, does anyone have that?

My preferred level up spot is in the Ronka-tileset area of the Void - specifically, the room right before you go into Phantom Village. There's a nearby healing pot and the mobs have useful drops (Elixirs and Phoenix Downs), and the XP is pretty decent.

In terms of damage, the best you can bring to bear against NED is slapping !Catch on everyone and throwing four Dragon Aevises at him, assuming that still works on PR. Each one is 25% max HP damage, so you're shearing 9999 off of every part with each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

girl dick energy posted:

There Are Even Twelve Of Them

Too lazy to make a nice set of them, but I did convert all the tablets

Mustached Demon posted:

:toxx:

$2 for every pridefully named buttz up to $100

If this is up for multiple per poster,

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 20, 2023

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kyrosiris posted:

My preferred level up spot is in the Ronka-tileset area of the Void - specifically, the room right before you go into Phantom Village. There's a nearby healing pot and the mobs have useful drops (Elixirs and Phoenix Downs), and the XP is pretty decent.

In terms of damage, the best you can bring to bear against NED is slapping !Catch on everyone and throwing four Dragon Aevises at him, assuming that still works on PR. Each one is 25% max HP damage, so you're shearing 9999 off of every part with each one.

Aevises makes sense for sure, thanks.

Another question, my friend is having issues with the world 2 Exdeath fight with his knight/zerker/geo/dancer party. I really don't know what to tell him since most of the things I'd have thought of are only helpful in hindsight (ie. farm reflect rings). Any ideas?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

nrook posted:

:toxx: Hunting Rare Game: I will donate money for each run that defeats specific normal enemies before other specific bosses. Specifically, I'll donate $1 for each time one of the following enemies is beaten before the boss:

Exdeath's Soul before Stoker (the Island Shrine boss)

On my first attempt I thought I'd be slick and do Dragon Power -> Dark Spark -> L5Death. Guess how that went

Second attempt I managed to land two Sword Dances with Chicken Knife and plop

e: oh, and here's the Stalker kill after it, as if it was ever in doubt with this team

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 20, 2023

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

SirSystemError posted:

The big trick is being able to survive Almagest. There's a few different ways you can pull this off besides levels for more HP, like Shell or hitting it with petrify or aging. How many levels you need otherwise depends on your jobs' vitality. Some can comfortably get it done at those levels. Others need to go higher. It deals a little over 1600 on average without Shell or aging in play, so shoot for that much HP (plus a little more because of Sap).

I had Gladiator so I "survived" Almagest by way of blowing it the gently caress up with targeted tactical nukes before it could go off. Hooray for Finisher! It's not an instant kill, it's not a wibbly status effect, it's just a big chonky gently caress you, and sometimes that's enough.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

nrook posted:

:toxx: Hunting Rare Game: I will donate money for each run that defeats specific normal enemies before other specific bosses. Specifically, I'll donate $1 for each time one of the following enemies is beaten before the boss:

Stingray before Leviathan

Here's the Stingray I fought right after Exdeath Soul

And here's the Leviathan kill after the Stalker kill (which was after the Stingray kill)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i finished my first run today and i have, here, immortalized the strongest part of my run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUGPI1RZ1Pc

BERSERKER VS RUGWIZARD

nrook posted:

Stingray before Leviathan

i did a number of these in this run, but this is the only one with proof: the equipment screen at the end here shows Faris with a Dragon's Whisker before Leviathan is accessible.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
I'm doing a Typhoon Run with Berserker Risk. Out of curiosity, does the BR's percentage trigger just once, or is it RNGed with every draw of a new Job? Cuz I got lucky so far and have Blue Mage, Red Mage, and Thief after just finishing up Karnak Castle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Countblanc posted:

Aevises makes sense for sure, thanks.

Another question, my friend is having issues with the world 2 Exdeath fight with his knight/zerker/geo/dancer party. I really don't know what to tell him since most of the things I'd have thought of are only helpful in hindsight (ie. farm reflect rings). Any ideas?

Cure Beasts, the rabbits that show up in the grasslands out by moore, drop elixirs if you want to farm them. Without a source of theft or the foresight to farm reflect rings, your friend is going to need a lot of HP and healing.

Thankfully Geo is one of the less fragile (not)magic classes. Unfortunately, Dancer is literally the most frail in the game.

Might be better to slap the Dancing Dagger on the Zerk for more Sword Dance potential and use the Main Gauche (or an air knife) on the dancer; late w2 is when axes are at their absolute worst and zerky is also your most consistent damage. That said, give the Aegis Shield (if your friend didn't run the numbers let it burn) to your Knight or better yet, one of the two squishy classes via Equip Shield; chucking high potions/elixirs/phoenix downs is far more important to keep safe from spells than Zerky.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 20, 2023

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Libertad! posted:

I'm doing a Typhoon Run with Berserker Risk. Out of curiosity, does the BR's percentage trigger just once, or is it RNGed with every draw of a new Job? Cuz I got lucky so far and have Blue Mage, Red Mage, and Thief after just finishing up Karnak Castle.

As far as I've been told, it triggers only once unless you click the option to allow duplicates. Incidentally, doing this when the risk is maxed is the only way to do a !blame run anymore.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

nrook posted:

Prototype before Sol Cannon

Seven rods later! I rolled Chemist as my Fire job so it's a good excuse to get some Dark Matter in early, I guess.

Mustached Demon posted:

And above pictured is Rights, who would have been GayRights but six characters can't really bring that idea across!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:magical:

Edit: Oh, God, the first time paralysis didn't proc and I realized why the video is ten minutes long... :stonklol:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

nrook posted:

Skull Eater before Archaeoaevis

And there's Skull Eater!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Countblanc posted:

e: Also also: I remember seeing a google doc with a list of a bunch of pixel remaster mods, does anyone have that?

On mobile so no link handy, but each PR game has a mod list guide on Steam.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Of note, the hacked save with all the jobs unlocked isn't on that list that I know it but it is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy5pixelremaster/mods/25?tab=description

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
Somebody call for a Zero Power Chicken Knife?

Now to grind gil to finish this run off.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kliff posted:

Somebody call for a Zero Power Chicken Knife?

Now to grind gil to finish this run off.

Confirmed :toot:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Started and Knocked one out yesterday, but forgot to grab the SS

Blue, Hunter, Samurai, Dragoon

I keep getting Blue Mage and Samurai on these things and just throwing coins all over the place. This run was Pixel Remaster on Switch, I need to do a GBA run next time for the bonus stuff i've never seen.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Countblanc posted:

Sheesh, that's... pretty loving brute force, honestly. Without reflect rings they're kind of in for a nasty time. Only thing I'd suggest is the knight go in with Icebrand/Ice Shield so they have some manner of self-healing that isn't items.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I see you telling bowie about this :ninja:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What is the most "interesting" combination of rules one can do if I do another right now on the GBA before FFXVI?

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

How are y'all editing the sprite for Neo Edeath? poo poo's hilarious.

Bout to start my first run. White Mage... hrm. Good, but drat is 4x WHM a slog at the start. At least it isn't thief!

EDIT: Nevermind, reread the first page and found it in a comment.

MerrMan fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 20, 2023

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol I've stolen from over 50 red dragons with no rings aaaaghh

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

Skull Eater before Archaeoaevis

Of course, you still need to beat the boss, too. I'm still brainstorming, so I might come up with other ideas or change this before the fiesta actually starts. I'm welcome to other folks' ideas too.

This was easy to get with Geomancer. In fact, 5 of the Skull Eaters are dead before Cray Claw died.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

MerrMan posted:

How are y'all editing the sprite for Neo Edeath? poo poo's hilarious.

https://github.com/VulpineAmethyst/Exdeath allows for several nifty things on the GBA version. XP/ABP/gil multipliers, several QoL abilities innate (Dash, Passages, Pitfalls, etc), a laundry list of custom NED sprites from the community (several are mine!), and you can choose one (or none) of the optional balance patches to apply at the same time, some of which are more radical than others. (I like each for totally different reasons.)

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

nrook posted:

King Behemoth before Azulmagia

I promise that's Azulmagia dying to the Self-Destruct exploit

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Do Blue Mage or Mystic Knight give Berserker a magic stat, or should my Blue Mage/Berserker/Mystic Knight/Thief party skip the Rune Axe?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kheldarn posted:

Do Blue Mage or Mystic Knight give Berserker a magic stat, or should my Blue Mage/Berserker/Mystic Knight/Thief party skip the Rune Axe?

!Blue gives good magic. !Spellblade does give magic but less so, I think.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Alright, Run 1 down. Geo/Bard/Beast/Mystic was a great team, there was nearly always something in that arsenal to deal with all the various challenges. Easy triple crown with bard and beast too.

Incoming huge list of toxxes completed:

Mustached Demon posted:

Bartz says trans rights!

nrook posted:

I already posted my garula but I'm putting it here again for them all in one place. The only one I didn't end up doing was jackanapes. I think I could have beaten him with beastmaster but I didn't think of it until well after I'd beaten Byblos.

I hated King Behemoth before Azulmagia, because although break blade murders king behemoth easily, not having that save/heal point for the bosses inbetween the two drained my hi-potion supply severely lol

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'll do the 0 power chicken knife once again, $10 up to a Max of $150 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

girl dick energy posted:

There Are Even Twelve Of Them
$2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

I think that's everything.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Soul Cannon can just eat all my poo poo.

Incidentally if I get a no-magic run (KNT / BRZ / BST / CHM) like this next time I'm just tapping out. This has been a thoroughly taxing and unpleasant first time experience.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 20, 2023

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Every time I get out, they pull me back in. Doing the onion jobs challenge. Probably going to be running the first PC version. My first job is Thief.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There's not a way to reroll or a sim somewhere or something is there? Got another run with hunter and samurai. I want something different and interesting

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Soul Cannon can just eat all my poo poo.

Incidentally if I get a no-magic run (KNT / BRZ / BST / CHM) like this next time I'm just tapping out. This has been a thoroughly taxing and unpleasant first time experience.

BabyRyoga posted:

There's not a way to reroll or a sim somewhere or something is there? Got another run with hunter and samurai. I want something different and interesting

You can just start a new run. There's no obligation to finish something you don't like.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Alxprit posted:

!Blue gives good magic.

And extremely fast, I should add, 100% of their magic stat for 100 ap.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Actually, does !Spellblade pass other stats?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
iirc !spellblade passes both strength and magic, though of course the magic it passes is not hugely inspiring

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I can't imagine too many scenarios where you'd want to give someone Spellblade for the stat boosts.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ultrafilter posted:

You can just start a new run. There's no obligation to finish something you don't like.

Is this true for the fiesta officially, too? Like, can you just scrap a run and walk out to start a new one without submitting victories now? I don't remember Gilgabot letting you do that.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Every time I get to W2 it takes me at least 10 minutes to proceed in the game because I just rock out to OG Battle at the Big Bridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Looking to source some opinions here - just rolled Samurai as 5th Job, so I need to replace one of:

Time Mage
Berzerker
Bard
Ranger

I want to triple crown this, and I guess Zerker is the least reliable, but I feel like in practice Ranger might be best replaced? Any thoughts?