Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

ilkhan posted:

As a general rule, which slicer settings should be based on nozzle size? I have a revo and bought 0.6 and 1.0 HF nozzles, wanting to start printing bigger/faster. Line width, obviously, but what else?

Layer height. For optimum strength you don't want to exceed ~50% of nozzle width.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

NewFatMike posted:

Seems like it’s up to buy, personal license on Windows is going for $12 which is pretty dang reasonable!

https://hornandrhode.myshopify.com/products/color-lithophane-builder

I haven't been able to figure it out by just clicking around yet, I'll have to look closer next week.

Nice that the transmissivity of some filaments is already determined for a starter mini-library.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

gently caress my Voron is out of sync or something, can't seem to get a consistent first layer. Spent 2 hours today trying to fix it and I got other poo poo to do.

Throw the piece of my P1P, perfect print and faster.

Anyone wanna buy a 350 Voron lol

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Sockser posted:

My runout sensor is broken or something

If the light stays on even with the filament pulled out, try opening it up and fiddling with the little microswitch inside until everything moves and actuates freely. My Neptune 2 did the exact same thing, completely boned me at some ridiculous point like layer 975 out of 1100 or whatever it was.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Acid Reflux posted:

If the light stays on even with the filament pulled out, try opening it up and fiddling with the little microswitch inside until everything moves and actuates freely. My Neptune 2 did the exact same thing, completely boned me at some ridiculous point like layer 975 out of 1100 or whatever it was.

Light turns on and off appropriately,
Setting is enabled on the controller
It just … doesn’t do anything

I just kicked off a print with the light off just to be sure and yeah, doesn’t do anything
Maybe I need a firmware update or something

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Well poo poo, sorry. Was hoping it would be the simple thing.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

TerminalSaint posted:

Layer height. For optimum strength you don't want to exceed ~50% of nozzle width.
Is there a minimum? 0.2mm seems awfully thin for a 1.0mm nozzle.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

mattfl posted:

gently caress my Voron is out of sync or something, can't seem to get a consistent first layer. Spent 2 hours today trying to fix it and I got other poo poo to do.

Stop trying to sell me your printers!

Also if I thought I knew how to fix it, i'd buy it.

But i don't. :(

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

mattfl posted:

If you were nearby calgary I'd sort out a trade for my aquarium setup I'm likewise pretty done with lol.

I really love my little voron 0.1 but there something to said for a p1p just kinda working out of the box. Only issue ive had with it is trying to print petg really. I think I finally sorted out that I just had to slow everything waaaaay down to have it work...

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Are there any guides on how to upgrade the nozzle fan on a Creality Sprite extruder? So far all I've been able to find are videos about why it's a worthwhile upgrade, and models for ducts that accept larger fans, but nothing about which fans to pick or how to connect the fans themselves.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'll be moving across the country soon and I'm wondering if I need to do anything to my prusa mk3s+ to keep it safe during said move. Obviously will need to relevel it afterwards, but do I need to completely disassemble it? Pad the extruder in some way?

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Bobulus posted:

I'll be moving across the country soon and I'm wondering if I need to do anything to my prusa mk3s+ to keep it safe during said move. Obviously will need to relevel it afterwards, but do I need to completely disassemble it? Pad the extruder in some way?

I moved across country with my Ender 3 and just packed it as securely as I could in a large box. It was moved by a moving company, and I didn't have to do anything special to get it printing again in my new place. I actually put off setting it up again for months because I assumed it would be all out of whack, but it was fine.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Deviant posted:

Stop trying to sell me your printers!

Also if I thought I knew how to fix it, i'd buy it.

But i don't. :(

I don't know if it necessarily needs to be "fixed". There's nothing mechanically wrong with it, I think just the flow/speed settings need to be worked out correctly. So it's more likely a software problem. It will "print" in that it's extruding filament but I think I'm either outrunning the hotend/extrusion issues/bad clog as I'm getting inconsistent but consistent print issues lol

I'm gonna throw some money at it and upgrade to the Revo HF nozzle and see if I can get it printing with that.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a phone holder in my car that i printed mostly out of carbon PETG, and it works great, but i printed the tightening knob in red because I wanted to highlight the action area, and i only had red PLA so that's what I used, and it got really hot on the dashboard the other day and the PLA part deformed just enough that it doesn't spin smoothly anymore, so now I have to find some colored PETG or ABS to print a new one :saddumb:

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Sagebrush posted:

i have a phone holder in my car that i printed mostly out of carbon PETG, and it works great, but i printed the tightening knob in red because I wanted to highlight the action area, and i only had red PLA so that's what I used, and it got really hot on the dashboard the other day and the PLA part deformed just enough that it doesn't spin smoothly anymore, so now I have to find some colored PETG or ABS to print a new one :saddumb:

Just paint one?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

ilkhan posted:

Is there a minimum? 0.2mm seems awfully thin for a 1.0mm nozzle.

As far as I know minimum just comes down your desire for detail and tolerance for long prints.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

armorer posted:

Just paint one?

If it were me, I don't have any paint, so I would print a colored cap for the knob and superglue it on

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

TerminalSaint posted:

As far as I know minimum just comes down your desire for detail and tolerance for long prints.
Cool.

Prusaslicer decided to wipe my profiles so having to restore from an old backup sucks.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Well, who'd have thought my Neptune printer would take to Elegoo PLA so well. My wallet's going to be as happy as I am about this discovery!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i located some yellow ABS and printed a replacement knob. it doesn't match my red car, but it works nicely.

stay tuned for more breaking news!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

w00tmonger posted:

Just want the software already!

Dunno if you saw already but its out:

https://hornandrhode.myshopify.com/search?q=hueforge&options%5Bprefix%5D=last

Lifetime licence for end users is 12 bux currently, normal price set as 24. I bought it already, it's neat but a bit finicky.

He also has a few free models on printables https://www.printables.com/@StephenLaveda_686551

Didn't try it yet but will post results once I did

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

BlackIronHeart posted:

Well, who'd have thought my Neptune printer would take to Elegoo PLA so well. My wallet's going to be as happy as I am about this discovery!

My P1P LOVES the elegoo PLA. I think I've gone through 5+ rolls of it without any issues. I get the 4 packs for like $48.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Son of Rodney posted:

Dunno if you saw already but its out:

https://hornandrhode.myshopify.com/search?q=hueforge&options%5Bprefix%5D=last

Lifetime licence for end users is 12 bux currently, normal price set as 24. I bought it already, it's neat but a bit finicky.

He also has a few free models on printables https://www.printables.com/@StephenLaveda_686551

Didn't try it yet but will post results once I did

Yeah someone posted it on here a bit ago. Jumped on a commercial license. Going to see what I can do with it, but it turns out I need so more interesting colors first

Speaking of which, I have this huge anycubic kobra max in my garage Ive been meaning to tune. What would it look like to slap a tiny 0.2mm nozzle on it and have it cranking out hueforge all day. that thing has a pseudo volcano, so I can only assume its a pain. how hard is it to swap between 2 nozzles regularly if I still want it using the 0.6 I have on there for normal prints

Also, meaning to get a camera etc on this thing so I dont burn my house down. whats the gold standard nowadays? Its awkward because I have a p1p, voron, prusa, and the big guy to hook up so Im not sure I can really unify everything on the same print farm setup

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 20, 2023

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Zortrax has a decent sale on their purpose-built ultrasonic cleaners for resin prints if anyone's interested.
https://store.zortrax.com/sale/ultrasonic-cleane

119 USD (reg 299) and while ultrasonic cleaners are not exactly expensive nor hard to find, this one's purpose-built for SLA stuff (3.2L tank, handy shape that reflects build volume of SLA instead of the more common wide + shallow, etc) The only hitch is that these units may (and probably do) have slight scratches or similar cosmetic blemishes.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
PrusaSlicer new version dropped https://blog.prusa3d.com/prusaslicer-2-6-is-here-organic-supports-text-embossing-new-cut-tool-and-more_79322/

And holy poo poo is it chock full of useful stuff. There's some troublesome, back burnered projects I'm off to revisit thanks to these new features.

Even "old" features (like a measurement tool) have wild capabilities, like automatically recognizing poo poo like circles/holes and the ability to scale something to a specific feature size :aaa:

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah I was thinking of grabbing the beta but now that this is released, I might just switch over from super slicer and not look back.

I know it's just one guy doing it but I have parts coming out sliced incorrectly, and I do use some of the new stuff as not to go back to a much older version

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ive been on this branch since the early beta days. Its been pretty good.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Does this feature work without having to install python and run code external from Prusaslicer?

prusa posted:

G-Code thumbnails can now be exported in JPG and QOI formats

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Hadlock posted:

Does this feature work without having to install python and run code external from Prusaslicer?

Yes, it's just an option in the general printer settings:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Oh, sweet :buddy::hf::effortless:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I’ve been on the beta for months and the measuring tool alone made it impossible to use any other slicer

Text embossing has been doing a great job at helping me keep sets of parts sorted (I emboss the scale on every print now)

Kraken supports rule

I think the modifier meshes for multicolor printing were also in this release and I’ve been able to do some cool and clever details on prints in no time at all

Seriously turning this from a single material into a multi material with four different accent pieces took less than five minutes, without needing to touch meshmixer or anything of the sort

Fuckin owns

Ultra
Dec 30, 2004

Oh no.
I have been using Midjourney to generate images and then using HueForge to help color them in for the printer. I am not 100% sure the best way to display them here, but here are the project files if interested.

https://www.printables.com/model/509913-astronaut-kitty-hueforge
This is a cat in an astronaut outfit. Turned out pretty well.

https://www.printables.com/model/509926-sleeping-kitty-hueforge
A sleeping black and white kitty. It matches the original image pretty closely.

https://www.printables.com/model/509923-wolf-hueforge
A wolf in more of a gray scale. This was the first one I did, and I think it turned out alright.

Still trying to figure out the right key words for midjourney that will create something that looks good in HueForge, and will print correctly.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That astronaut kitty looks great!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Any of the voron guys here use Prusaslicer over Superslicer? I feel like superslicer is being left behind with all these new updates.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

mattfl posted:

Any of the voron guys here use Prusaslicer over Superslicer? I feel like superslicer is being left behind with all these new updates.

OrcaSlicer is what I use now, mostly because it works nicely with my Bambu and I can't be bothered to use two slicers.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

mattfl posted:

I am making the switch as soon as I get my printer(s) back up and running. *sigh*

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Roundboy posted:

I am making the switch as soon as I get my printer(s) back up and running. *sigh*

lol I am in the same boat. I just ordered a Revo HF nozzel/new heater block to try and fix my issues lol

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

mattfl posted:

lol I am in the same boat. I just ordered a Revo HF nozzel/new heater block to try and fix my issues lol

Ender melted plastic all over, broke the thermistor freeing it, need to whip out the heat gun and replace it and its fine, although annoying

Voron was working great, switched to CW2 / SB / CANbus. CW2 needs configuring, Canbus shorted the LED lead. I need to just get it together to get the extruder reliable and hopefully either solder the canbus board fixed or order my third (!) replacement.

Edit Voron is up and running, just needed to clean up the filament path. Printing a cube. There is something magical about tap just working for z height. I just might build my ERCF today and try some of those cool designs posted above

Roundboy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 21, 2023

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Sovol got me for an SV06 Plus, as they’ve got a deal where you get a 10kg variety pack of their filament for free if you buy one. That’s like $200 of filament free with a $350 printer that’s pretty decently priced to start with. The regular SV06 runs so smooth and prints so quick with Klipper I’m hyped to see this thing slam out huge prints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

mattfl posted:

I use prusaslicer with my trident. Prusaslicer isn't perfect but it works for me.