Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

GriszledMelkaba posted:

That tie-down job looks like poo poo

I've always hated using tie downs. you can damage the handlebar grips and it's always hard to tell if everything is exactly even or balanced. On top of that it takes several minutes to get everything set up right.

Getting a Pitbull TRS was a game changer for me. Of course, that won't work if you have to position the bike diagonally in a bed. Maybe my dreams of getting a kei truck for track days is dashed.

Edit: Terrible page snipe. Here's a cool bike I saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

not dead yet posted:

I don't think you should take it on the highway at all. Does it actually get up to 100 kph?

They do, just, they also do excellent burnouts when empty, the bed has a tipper and is sized on a multiple of the standard japanese market fish bin so you can stack those in there with no wasted space. They come in Nissan, Mazda and Daihatsu flavour too.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

One of the most American photos I've ever seen

Pops, dad, failson from left to right

Pretty sweet softie tho

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Took this in my town yesterday :911:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Slavvy posted:

Pops, dad, failson from left to right

Thank you for clarifying

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

cursedshitbox posted:

A goldwing or harley is probably triple the payload of that thing

A full dresser Harley/Goldwing is nearly 9 ft long

And that is a terrible tie down job, for sure

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

not dead yet posted:

I don't think you should take it on the highway at all. Does it actually get up to 100 kph?

I think, empty, it might just about make it to an indicated 100km/h on the speedometer, if you're lucky.
85km/h is more reasonable, and also the speed at which lorries are limited, so in theory you could move the little critter over the highway if you really must.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nice little Iron Cross detail there on the Harley

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

knox_harrington posted:

Nice little Iron Cross detail there on the Harley

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

It's a badge of honor in German armed forces to this day

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yep. And also sometimes its not

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The iron cross specifically, and no other German military iconography, has a history in motorcycling which, absent other signs, may not necessarily mean the rider is a Nazi.

Please note the strength of these caveats. Purely statistically, it's fair to assume the guy is guilty until proven innocent

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 20, 2023

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nitrox posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

It's a badge of honor in German armed forces to this day

I don't think that's a Bundeswehr motorcycle

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

knox_harrington posted:

I don't think that's a Bundeswehr motorcycle

The rider may have been awarded an iron cross at some point, who knows. I see plenty of purple heart/medal of honor stickers and licensed plate covers on the road. Also Ukrainian tridents.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nitrox posted:

The rider may have been awarded an iron cross at some point

Lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Need to apply some Occam's Razor here

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nitrox posted:

The rider may have been awarded an iron cross at some point, who knows. I see plenty of purple heart/medal of honor stickers and licensed plate covers on the road. Also Ukrainian tridents.

Lol gently caress off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Incidentally I looked it up and the German military has not awarded any decoration resembling the Iron Cross since 1945, so in the microscopic chance that this motorcycle's rider is a 95-year-old man who somehow was awarded one...

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LHiHTqpZI

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Fascists love to co-opt others’ symbols because they have no creativity or longevity of their own. While I can appreciate wanting to take some of those symbols back, my main goal is not hanging out with fascists so I’m just gonna avoid anything fascist-adjacent.

And that’s as a big white guy. I can just do a Harley Guy impression and slip away. For the people that can’t do that, you’re just always going to be assumed to be a Nazi if you have poo poo like that on your bike. Don’t like it? Tough titties.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Heres an idea, even if a thing used to mean a different thing, if its been co-opted by racists, dont use it

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Nitrox posted:

or maybe he's just really into WW2 iconography and cosplay!!

come the gently caress on bro

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I ride with a coal scuttle helmet because I appreciate the craftsmanship of five separate stamp and press operations + bespoke head size

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My GS is nicknamed king tiger because I'm a huge Bollywood fan

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My club, named the stormtroopers (big into star wars) are going on our annual Barbarossa ride (love the holy Roman empire period)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Look, someone has to play the confederate army in our civil war reenactment society! I just ordered too many of these flags. What else do you want me to do with them!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Finger Prince posted:

Look, someone has to play the confederate army in our civil war reenactment society! I just ordered too many of these flags. What else do you want me to do with them!

Look it's not my fault field grey is useful in BOTH of my reenactment societies!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Those are my initials! Steve Smith! And I'm an electrician, that's why I used lightning bolts!

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

My partner still thinks it's funny how mad I got when I realized people out here in Oregon do Civil War reenactment.

YOU DIDN'T FIGHT IN IT WHAT IS THERE TO REENACT

I also know a truly, genuinely good dude who got sucked into it for a while back east and he was on the Confederate side because it was way, way cheaper to buy their gear. Probably something to do with their labor costs.

He is very ashamed of this.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just reenact a 30 years war pike square battle like normal people ffs

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Finger Prince posted:

Those are my initials! Steve Smith! And I'm an electrician, that's why I used lightning bolts!

For real had to change my toolbar bookmark for Secret Server at work when I realized it might be taken the wrong way.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Geekboy posted:

My partner still thinks it's funny how mad I got when I realized people out here in Oregon do Civil War reenactment.

No reenactors anywhere fought in the civil war fyi

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Real war reenacting is gross, hth.

Make yourself a foam sword and join a fantasy LARP group if you want to play fight.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s the grossest kind of cosplay. I don’t have any numbers but I’d be willing to bet that people who were actually in a war don’t often go on to be war reenactors

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The last thing I want to do is go dress up in uniform again and stand in formation for hours just so some idiot that watched black hawk down a bunch can tell me what to do

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Geekboy posted:

Don't know that it has anything to do with civil war buffs and cosplayers, but Oregon has an incredibly racist history that has somehow escaped notice by a majority of people but still informs attitudes all over the state outside of Portland. No joke, the first time I heard someone say the N word in person was on a road trip through eastern Oregon as a kid

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Carteret posted:

The last thing I want to do is go dress up in uniform again and stand in formation for hours just so some idiot that watched black hawk down a bunch can tell me what to do

Apparently the guy with the GPMG in the back of this photo was a serving member of 1 Para. Shameful

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Jazzzzz posted:

Don't know that it has anything to do with civil war buffs and cosplayers, but Oregon has an incredibly racist history that has somehow escaped notice by a majority of people but still informs attitudes all over the state outside of Portland. No joke, the first time I heard someone say the N word in person was on a road trip through eastern Oregon as a kid

Yeah, the white lady I moved out here for (who very quickly dumped me) told me she felt super safe in Portland and then when I met my current, Latina partner she taught me why even a lot of very well intentioned white people say that.

You can’t just count the rainbow flags and BLM signs. You’ve got to look at the actual policies, which are just written entirely by the Portland Business Alliance and its weirdo old money dipshits.

I know a lot of BIPOC folks who prefer the southern US because at least you know where you stand.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
i want :feelsgood: back

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Please enjoy

A 28-gallon fuel tank on a Monkey. 4,400-mile range.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/acerbis-sets-world-record-for-distance-traveled-on-one-tank-of-gas