Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

I've seen a few food delivery people ride those.

HonorableTB posted:

lmao. Has anyone seen WarGonzo post lately? There's a big rumor going around right now that he got blasted by Ukrainian SOF in that viral trench clearing video going around. I dunno if I believe it, but lmao if true

A blurry resemblance but...a big ol red neckbeard? Idk

E: WarGonzo account claims he's alive but why's that photo look like it's from winter?

I thought the beard guy looked strange, almost wearing civvies.

Good riddance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If WarGonzo is in fact dead that's an insanely big win in the information space because Wargonzo is one of the five biggest voenkors in terms of reach and influence. It's like if Sean Hannity got chilled in a trench raid the night after an interview in terms of impact (roughly speaking). But again, that could be any dude with a beard, so until more verification comes through I'm just going to LOL heartily at the idea that a fuckin telegram propagandist was so committed to his gimmick that he got wounded once and killed the 2nd time over it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Responding to yesterday's discussion of the use of tank-based VBIED and whether there's something to glean from an isolated incident - supposedly there were at least three such attacks in the past 48 hours, all in the same sector.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
That's pretty much all T-55s are good for in 2023, if you aren't smart enough to at least use them as stationary pillbox artillery

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Neckbeards as a style are well represented over there so I’m going to guess it’s not him (nose looks wrong), and that Russia’s version of the SA forums lost a moderator that day instead.

e: СОМЬТИНГ ОЪФИЛ ДОТ КОМ

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 20, 2023

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

He looks like a habr.ru commenter

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I hope scoob made it out of there ok

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

That's pretty much all T-55s are good for in 2023, if you aren't smart enough to at least use them as stationary pillbox artillery

I agree, and also there must be a lot of tank hulls that can't even be used as artillery because the guns and instruments are ruined; but if they can get the engine to run and the sprockets don't fall apart, at least they can kamikaze themselves.

A good question is why use them relatively piecemeal rather than en masse to overwhelm the enemy - but that's been a problem with Russian tactics since day 1.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1670880935716302848?s=20

Secret biolabs are putting in some work. That must be the fifth iteration of Budanov at least.

OK now those anti-tank rifles are starting to make sense. They are preparing for the inevitable arrival of Ukrainians Terminators.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1671004286715674626
The only thing this guy seems to be missing in his ridiculous kit are ERA bricks.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I know that when I can't stop winning I load up a 60 year old tank full of explosives to kinda point at the enemy and hope for the best instead of using a functioning tank with a gun, or an artillery strike, or any conventional method, just to give the other side a chance.

I mean I wouldn't want to have too many of my soldiers survive to get back home. Then I'd have to pay them.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Carth Dookie posted:

I mean I wouldn't want to have too many of my soldiers survive to get back home. Then I'd have to pay them.
Have you seen what inflation has done to the price of a fish brick?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1670987716211687428

ahahh loving kill me

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

steinrokkan posted:

A good question is why use them relatively piecemeal rather than en masse to overwhelm the enemy - but that's been a problem with Russian tactics since day 1.

It's probably one local commander who served in Syria and saw these things can do quite a lot of damage. Much more then they could do when used as tanks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

They grossly misunderstood the line "Come on Marines; Do you want to live forever?!" from Starship Troopers...

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Okay I finally watched the tank explosion footage.

What the gently caress did that thing go thermobaric

Nah, it just had a lot of explosives stuffed into it.

The amazing shockwave was visible because of atmospheric conditions, not because the blast was particularly powerful.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tuna-Fish posted:

Nah, it just had a lot of explosives stuffed into it.

The amazing shockwave was visible because of atmospheric conditions, not because the blast was particularly powerful.

six tons of explosives makes a big boom. it was indeed quite powerful. thats about 30 of these going off at once:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_82_bomb

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Don't think Wargonzo and the tench guy are the same.
The bit of beard/skin under the bottom lip is totally different looking.
It is uncanny either way, but I also know someone who looks exactly like him/them

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Anyone watching this by now should know that that kind of long neckbeard (or whatever you want to call it) is pretty common among Chechens and the other Caucasian muslims, and that a fair few of them have red beards.

Though the guy in the picture looks oddly equipped to me, he's probably just some Kadyrovite.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Copying Millán Astray and the Falangist ideologies, I gather?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They're not even the best army in Ukraine

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

They are the best at dying though :shrug:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
The fact the explosion was initially contained inside the tank chassis would probably have had an effect much like a 30-ton pipe bomb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_bomb

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

zone posted:

The only thing this guy seems to be missing in his ridiculous kit are ERA bricks.

If you've ever worn a plate carrier, you'd know how ridiculously little of your vitals it actually covers, so going in to action having as much coverage as possible is probably psychologically important for this guy.

Must be fun this time of year.

Randarkman posted:

Anyone watching this by now should know that that kind of long neckbeard (or whatever you want to call it) is pretty common among Chechens and the other Caucasian muslims, and that a fair few of them have red beards.

Though the guy in the picture looks oddly equipped to me, he's probably just some Kadyrovite.

Yeah, maybe. A big red beard is a Khadyrovite trade mark after all. You'd expect them to wear better gear tho.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

zone posted:

laugh all you want, you're looking at Russia's new IBIED

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Vatnik Borne IED

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Rust Martialis posted:

The fact the explosion was initially contained inside the tank chassis would probably have had an effect much like a 30-ton pipe bomb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_bomb

Block the barrel, close the hatch, and then you'd get a pressure cooker bomb
(I'm not googling a link for that)

That's what the Boston marathon fuckers used.
The thread here when the were on the run/getting caught/getting shot was amazing. Real time posts it was so moving so quickly. I was amazed at how open the US police radios are as well. Quite the experience listening through the night here in Scotland

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 20, 2023

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Adolf Glitter posted:

Block the barrel, close the hatch, and then you'd get a pressure cooker bomb
(I'm not googling a link for that)

That's what the Boston marathon fuckers used.
The thread here when the were on the run/getting caught/getting shot was amazing. Real time posts it was so moving so quickly. I was amazed at how open the US police radios are as well. Quite the experience listening through the night here in Scotland

I remember following that here. I think that's where I found out about Amanda Palmers poem.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Phlegmish posted:

Not even the best Russian army in Russia

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

I remember following that here. I think that's where I found out about Amanda Palmers poem.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJhDV0MMPAs

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://arstechnica.com/space/2023/06/it-appears-that-roscosmos-really-is-recruiting-soldiers-for-the-ukraine-war/

quote:

A new report in the Financial Times appears to confirm that the main Russian space corporation, Roscosmos, is recruiting and training a militia to join the country's war effort against Ukraine.

The "Uran" battalion, which translates to Uranus, is to be made up of employees of Roscosmos, as well as those from its dozens of state-owned subsidiaries in the aerospace business. Recruits will receive a 100,000 ruble ($1,200) sign-up bonus, and a monthly frontline duty salary of 270,000 rubles, according to the report. This is far above the wages paid to most employees of Roscosmos.

Among the recruitment efforts are glossy posters, showing soldiers Photoshopped next to space vehicles, and videos that aggrandize participation in the war. In one of these advertisements, the announcer states, "State corporation Roscosmos calls on you to join the Uran volunteer battalion, where you will be trained for victory in this great war." The report indicates that these recruitment videos are playing in the facilities of some Roscosmos entities, where there are 170,000 employees spread across Russia.
https://arstechnica.com/space/2023/06/it-appears-that-roscosmos-really-is-recruiting-soldiers-for-the-ukraine-war/

I didn't have time to read the original FT article but lol it seems like we might see some wish.com space marines

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
should they be talking about their anus during a cholera outbreak at the front

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

This:

https://blog.amandapalmer.net/20130421/

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1671090726367645696

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The 476th red line, surely this one is meaningful

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Maybe the threat is they'll actually try to shoot at military targets this time instead of hospitals and apartments.

they won't

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Can Ukraine just level the loving Kremlin already

Like this pussy footing around is not doing anything. Call the loving bluff and crater red square.

Since public gatherings are illegal in Russia the collateral damage should be negligible.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Even more, pretending that Crimea is Russia. Its not. Its Ukraine. Ukraine never conceded it to Russia after the forced annexation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can Ukraine just level the loving Kremlin already

Like this pussy footing around is not doing anything. Call the loving bluff and crater red square.

Since public gatherings are illegal in Russia the collateral damage should be negligible.

Yeah probably, Moscow is 450km from the border and Storm Shadow has a range of 550, just need Sunak to sign off on it