Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Mutual distrust by Cai Meng

What are the pins on the black guy supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I AM GRANDO posted:

What are the pins on the black guy supposed to be?

Flair. Just random bits of flair.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Xander77 posted:

The term invasion is generally used to refer to external forces. It's why you're unlikely to find the term used when describing the US civil war except by extreme lost cause enthusiasts,

Have you ever read a book about the civil war? This is absolutely not true.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The Islamic Shock posted:

If someone on the far-right were to severely, intentionally misinterpret the "submit to your husbands" thing in a kinky way and be very public about it, I wonder how crazy it would have to get before the other far-right Evangelicals would be like "tone it down a notch would you".

I wonder that myself :laugh: Obviously as soon as it involves any kind of sex they would object, because Sex Is Bad And Disgusting, but there's plenty to do besides that. Would they get away with taking their wife to church on a collar and leash? Could they get away with having her sleep in a cage?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

It's not like bombing dictatorships works that well either.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Isn't that just failing in love with Abraham Lincoln then rebounding with JFK?

Boy, do I have some bad news for you....

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Microplastics posted:

I wonder that myself :laugh: Obviously as soon as it involves any kind of sex they would object, because Sex Is Bad And Disgusting, but there's plenty to do besides that. Would they get away with taking their wife to church on a collar and leash? Could they get away with having her sleep in a cage?

Maybe not having her on a leash like a dog, but there is probably a non-zero amount of trad wives that go around with bright red cheeks and an inflatable dragon buttplug in their assholes when they praise the lord. Sleeping in cages is reserved for when the dinner has gotten cold because he didn't bother to tell he'd be working OT

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

PowerBeard posted:

Boy, do I have some bad news for you....

Oh no! Is Shell Silverstein the tortoise ok?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Executing Trump wouldn't hurt the Democrats. AGC.

I guess I can add "Don't know how ropes work" to my list of Anglo political cartoonists' mental deficiencies.

If the cartoonist tried to imply that there's a second trapdoor below the donkey I can add "Don't know how gallows work".

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Le Monde

by Sanaga from France

drat.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Microplastics posted:

Hey, if a couple is into a willing dom/sub relationship and they want to be open about it, why should we kinkshame them? ... wait, I've just been informed that we AREN'T talking about sexual relationships, but about how the artist believes that all woman should submit to men because of sex, to which I say "What the gently caress is wrong with you?"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

Michael Ramirez

Alright, fess up: which one of you is copying the other's homework? I think both of you need to see me after class.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Transphobia)

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 20, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Political cartoonists live in the past, specifically they live in awful media representations of people.

I guess they feel progressive for actually sticking to the second half of the 20th century this time.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The balloon is back!!

Also who puts a lock on the side of the chest, lmao.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Elizabeth was queen for Biden’s entire life, so I can see making a mistake the same way you write last year’s date in January.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Would've been weird for the American president to say "god save the king" anyway, would it not? Especially one with Irish ancestry :psyduck: but then I know nothing about what preceded it, I'm told it was a chat with an audience member?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Microplastics posted:

The balloon is back!!

Also who puts a lock on the side of the chest, lmao.

In a smarter cartoon I would say its a comment about how dumb CNN has been lately.

bartok
May 10, 2006

idonotlikepeas posted:

A perrennial favorite:

I watched that Duggar Family documentary and seeing what being a submissive wife really means just makes me hate this piece of poo poo all over again.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

just one tom, what was the last loving decade anyone saw that ad?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Stiglich's brain is an egg.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
It's always a trip to go between this thread and Retrogames, where a few people delight in "KIDS WHO GOT A PS3 IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ARE IN CONGRESS NOW, ADMIT IT, YOU'RE OLD" versus here, where shows that went off the air in 1963 are considered fresh, contemporary references.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

just one tom, what was the last loving decade anyone saw that ad?

80s? Early 90s maybe?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

80s? Early 90s maybe?

I liked the version with Rachael Leigh Cook where she destroys the entire kitchen too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYlqSNjbhNc

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Partygate debate in the Commons – Rishi Sunak is to miss a vote on whether to impose sanctions on Boris Johnson over his Partygate denials because of other diary plans, Downing Street has signalled"

Telegraph:

Stuart Broad and Ollie Robinson embrace Ashes villainy to deliver with bat and ball

Matt:

Keir Starmer: I’ll scrap ban on new onshore wind farms

Times:

Sir Keir Starmer urged to allay fears of Aberdeen oil and gas workers

Evening Standard:

London set for showers as thunderstorm warning issued for the UK

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

bartok posted:

I liked the version with Rachael Leigh Cook where she destroys the entire kitchen too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYlqSNjbhNc

Yeah, that's the one I remember from when I was a wee young'un.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

the_steve posted:

Yeah, that's the one I remember from when I was a wee young'un.

I prefer the one she did in 2017 about This Is Your Brain On Drug Policy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXN6Vdr3g0

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Opposite of Reality

Kellies Nomination: Worst Failure to make a goddamn point

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Kellies Nomination: Most Crackpot Conspiracy Theory

I forget if there's a category for this but christ. :rolleyes:

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

Is the real vaccine the state directed mind control (but didn't all of the "fake" vaccines we already had do that?), or is the *real* vaccine an actual vaccine against state directed mind control, which makes the real (not actually real) vaccine good and cool, despite it being a vaccine (which are bad)??

Kellies nomination: Most incomprehensible.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Elizabeth was queen for Biden’s entire life, so I can see making a mistake the same way you write last year’s date in January.

Yeah let's be fair here, expecting an old man who doesn't know what year it is to know who's king of England is pretty unreasonable, hang on I'm being told this man is president and we're supposed to re-elect him?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VKing posted:

Is the real vaccine the state directed mind control (but didn't all of the "fake" vaccines we already had do that?), or is the *real* vaccine an actual vaccine against state directed mind control, which makes the real (not actually real) vaccine good and cool, despite it being a vaccine (which are bad)??

Kellies nomination: Most incomprehensible.

The simplest explanation is that Mike Lester beats his wife.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Not just tasteless but a very forced execution of said "joke"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The powerful old dude groping an actress in the first place is way more tasteless than talking about it or depicting it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Global warming by Song Chen

Le Monde

by Amorim from Brazil

Charlie Hebdo

Planes will save the planet
Sign reads:I run on methane

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did Biden grab an actor’s boobs?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

Did Biden grab an actor’s boobs?
The cartoon is referencing this clip:
https://twitter.com/BubblesToBurst/status/1669705920522383360

To head off a semantic debate about what grabbing is. it's more copping a feel than out and out honking

E: not that that makes it better I'm just hoping to avoid a really gross and pointless argument about what word best describes exactly how the president is manhandling yet another woman in this particular instance

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 20, 2023

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

My question is, did you know that the connotations of words change over time? For instance ‘egg’ can be used to connote a person who has not yet come to terms with their trans identity.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

He's done a lot of these comics now and I like to think they're all from one single date. I'm tempted to do a compilation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
50 Worst Dates