Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Also :rip: the sex ghost.

You did some good things cleaning up this place 🫡

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

It's weird to me that a lot of people in the Diablo 4 thread appear to have bought it and continue to sink time into it just to continue to post about how much they don't like it.

I think it’s telling that the most joyless and yet most easily satisfied gamers on earth, basically the kind of gamer Diablo 4 was made for, can’t stop complaining about their lovely game like they couldn’t see it coming even from the thousands of hours in the demo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That guy who saw that it was lovely but because he thought it was being rushed (lnfao), then changed his mind and found out his bingo card had “Diablo 4 is my game of the year”, then found out it actually is crap for a reason slightly closer to the truth but he thinks it can be fixed in Season Two Patchnotes, is cool lol.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

I don't know why the title is a line from a Stan Rogers song but I'm okay with it

Oh boy, now this is going to be in my head for a month

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Also why does everyone hate Windows 98? I've never heard of this user before but they have an impressive rap sheet I don't feel like scouring through

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

womb with a view posted:

Also why does everyone hate Windows 98? I've never heard of this user before but they have an impressive rap sheet I don't feel like scouring through

GBS Wolf Avatar guy who thinks their funnier than they are. Well that's why I hate them. Really I don't even know them. But I bet that's true. People who don't hate a GBS Wolf Superstar guy like that on principle need to take a long look in the mirror, IMO. Can anyone corroborate so I don't look like I'm just profiling and being a hater.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

womb with a view posted:

Peggy Edson posted:

just realized this is windows 98's bi-yearly foray into gbs to see if we remember that he killed someone with a shovel and also got de-modded before becoming a mod

we remember

putty has some thoughts

e: also some drama involving a deceased, permabanned member of the community

short version is "deeply weird ex-gbs superstar/mod"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

womb with a view posted:

It's because they suck

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of arpgs Torchlight II is on sale for 7 buckd rn on Switch eshop

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wish torchlight 3 was better, was really looking forward to it. one of the classes has like a battle train and they lay out tracks behind them for the train to follow, it's cool as hell

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wormskull posted:

That guy who saw that it was lovely but because he thought it was being rushed (lnfao), then changed his mind and found out his bingo card had “Diablo 4 is my game of the year”, then found out it actually is crap for a reason slightly closer to the truth but he thinks it can be fixed in Season Two Patchnotes, is cool lol.

These people are what we call rusted on, addicts somewhere between people who still buy marvel/dc comic books and Star Citizen backers.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

putty has some thoughts

e: also some drama involving a deceased, permabanned member of the community

short version is "deeply weird ex-gbs superstar/mod"

that SAclopedia entry is quite something

quote:

Just calling a spade a spade here, not trying to drag anyone's name through the mud, don't want to cause any kind of upheaval or exhume any skeletons buried in a closet, but this poster murdered a child with a shovel.

Absolutechad
Aug 11, 2022

Okay yes good point but hear me out
Okay can someone give me context to "murdered a child with a shovel?"

Not that I have heard worse. I definitely heard worse.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sounds cringe!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Absolutechad posted:

Okay can someone give me context to "murdered a child with a shovel?"

Not that I have heard worse. I definitely heard worse.

Nooner posted:

His best friend banged his girlfriend so he hit him in the head with a shovel and got like community service or something and also a tattoo that says "2014 sucked" on his chest, honestly pretty tame by Massachusetts goons standards

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The legendary "2014 sucked" tattoo

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

imagine thinking 2014 sucked and then living through the next 9 years

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

the sex ghost posted:

Please don't lump me in with the rape RP guy

It's been coming for a while, I just wasn't enjoying posting while having to worry about forums stuff getting done like it was my job

it's pretty sweet just loading up sa like 'hey i wonder what funny posts were made since i last checked' and not because someone blew up your discord about goon drama

gl and welcome back 2 the peanut gallery

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Didn't know there was a Diablo 4. I'll probably play it in a couple years. In the meantime I'm playing SF6. Anyway, rip the sex ghost. You successfully stayed normal as an admin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Speaking of arpgs Torchlight II is on sale for 7 buckd rn on Switch eshop

This is hype, Crazy Knuckles Fan. Thank you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Torchlight 2 never really caught fire for me but I wonder if it'd play better as a super casual time-passer on the Switch.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It seems like it'd be better on PC where you can play it juiced up with the big community rework mod

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Torchlight 2 never really caught fire for me but I wonder if it'd play better as a super casual time-passer on the Switch.

Any of these games is a nice way to pass time on a toilet. :D

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

spr is definitely someone who is better off not being on here for a while, it wasn't doing her any good

For years, apparently. Hopefully they can feel better with time away

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I genuinely don't understand the appeal of Diablo and its clones. I mean it's fine i just don't play them, and I played Destiny 2 for ages so I understand getting stuck on a loot treadmill, but at least it had the very fun basic gameplay and mechanics which was what kept me going back until it got too obviously grindy and wanting you to play the same stuff every day of your life.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Nearly caved and bought diablo the other day but would have played about 2 hours then have to come back to it months later. ff16 will be taking up my time for the foreseeable. Better not be poo poo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I have been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

Same op. Love getting either packed and stacked in a single turn or winning without playing a card because the other guy's extremely specific deck from a youtube guide bricked on the first hand

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Played the FF16 demo and while I enjoyed the gameplay and everything I was not especially impressed with the writing. Characters shouting "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress" and such feels dumb from a final fantasy game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Heath posted:

Played the FF16 demo and while I enjoyed the gameplay and everything I was not especially impressed with the writing. Characters shouting "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress" and such feels dumb from a final fantasy game

barrett said that word all the time in final fantasy 7

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Barrett is cool though

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hes a terrorist

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I genuinely don't understand the appeal of Diablo and its clones. I mean it's fine i just don't play them, and I played Destiny 2 for ages so I understand getting stuck on a loot treadmill, but at least it had the very fun basic gameplay and mechanics which was what kept me going back until it got too obviously grindy and wanting you to play the same stuff every day of your life.

To a complete outsider D4 looks like digital methadone for people who still need their regular dopamine fix like any addict. They waste their evenings playing a game they hate but can't quit.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

But he's a father....

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

We are not talking about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BErWAbLuqHc

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

I almost bought an Xbox with kinect for that game

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

barrett said that word all the time in final fantasy 7

prove it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the legend lives on from the chippewa on down of the big lake they call gitche gumee

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Everyone, buy Vampire Survivors instead of Diablo 4, if you are a incremental loot addict. Save 50 something bucks and have a more honest, fun time. Thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

barret talks a good game but he goes to pieces whenever he's in actual combat