Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The SS grover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

You left out one of my fave 'billionaire dies by unforced error' headlines:

Billionaire diamond tycoon dies during Paris penis enlargement operation

Concerning.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don’t even get why the Titanic is this amazing mystery people just gotta look at. There are much cooler shipwrecks out there

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's because of the movie and maybe the Celine Dion song.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Surely you mean the Britney song

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm definitely not going to cry in my beer over idiots who decided to dive into the ocean in a tin can to look at a shipwreck. I wish the media gave half as much of a poo poo for average people who go missing or get into accidents than they do for people with much more money than sense.

https://twitter.com/bencoates1/status/1671103274533941249

I was told not to read the replies and will repeat that advice.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

It should have been Elon

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kazil posted:

Surely you mean the Britney song

oops

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/JFarmdogg/status/1671036151766061056

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

George H.W. oval office posted:

I don’t even get why the Titanic is this amazing mystery people just gotta look at. There are much cooler shipwrecks out there

Rich fuckers are dilettantes trying to find poo poo to talk about with other barely interested narcissist dabblers, so it needs to be expensive, exclusive, and not require much explanation as to why it makes them cooler than you. What makes an interesting wreck for you?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Slo-Tek posted:

What makes an interesting wreck for you?

A ship but also it's underwater.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this thing is way more successful than a goon project, it had several successful voyages and also rid the world of at least one billionaire

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

A ship but also it's underwater.

ok, I got suckered into thinking you might actually know something interesting.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm imagining the Succession episode where everyone thinks the dad is dead but then he wakes up in the hospital

except with a billionaire wading out of the water on to the beach, shocking everyone of the inheritors that thought he was lost forever

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

It's the Everest of shipwrecks. World famous, and really deep. I don't think it is the deepest but it has that name recognition going for it.

So your bragging rights are that much more better than some limp-rear end ship that you can just scuba dive to.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

250,000 is .025% of a billion, so if your net worth is a million, it's like you paid 250 dollars to ride a trashcan down to the Titanic.

Imagine being that cheap and dumb.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
was the swedish guy with a home made submarine that murdered that journalist a goon? I can't remember now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Someone needs to add a few meters of mountain to K2 to make it the tallest in the world and then we can all sit back and watch as hordes of rich morons perish as they try to climb this notoriously difficult mountain.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

was the swedish guy with a home made submarine that murdered that journalist a goon? I can't remember now.

Danish, I’ll have you know.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol it's called the ocean gate hahahahahaha loving lmao

.random
May 7, 2007

Perhaps it is the spirit of Musk which is inspiring me, but I think I have a way for us all to get rich.

So if each sub is good for 4 dives, and we can get people to pay 250k per dive and we can fit 6 people per dive, that’s 1.5 million per dive, 6 million overall.

Let’s assume the per-dive costs are $200,000. So we just need to build the sub itself for $200k and we can split the remaining 5 million amongst the thread :nice:

The “burial at sea” package (on the 5th dive) should cost at least a million, which should be split 50/50 between the sub pilot’s family (as they will be crushed providing the service) and the thread, so that’s another 500k minimum.

Thoughts?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Titanic is for babies, the Mariana trench is where it's at.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

BigglesSWE posted:

Someone needs to add a few meters of mountain to K2 to make it the tallest in the world and then we can all sit back and watch as hordes of rich morons perish as they try to climb this notoriously difficult mountain.

Easier to bring some explosives to the top of everest and knock it down a notch

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

iirc there was a goon who briefly worked for that guy and posted about the submarine (before the murder), but the guy himself was not

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/eyewasbored/status/1670974326768824326?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Rondette posted:

It's the Everest of shipwrecks. World famous, and really deep. I don't think it is the deepest but it has that name recognition going for it.

So your bragging rights are that much more better than some limp-rear end ship that you can just scuba dive to.

a couple decades there was some event where they dragged a piece of the titanic through san francisco on a flatbed truck some reason, on its way to a museum expedition i guess, and it drove right by the window of the office where i was working at the time, so i've just been as close to the ruins of the titanic as most of these rich assholes

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This thing is just a coffin lmao https://twitter.com/conzmoleman/status/1670905995856429056?t=8yOBjMfG7PnGP3IE-P5lcQ&s=19

E: https://twitter.com/burgerkrang/status/1671159594155126784?t=JYLW9bvHCaLD951G-_DCJA&s=19

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

I heard on the news this morning that the sub company is contacting anyone who went in the death tube previously to keep their mouth shut. "Out of respect" of course.

*extremely New York mob voice* as a matta of respect - do we understand each other

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
They died pooping in a tiny hole

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This thing is just a coffin lmao

Outside reenactment of the final moments

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Slo-Tek posted:

What makes an interesting wreck for you?

Giant eel living inside, has a star on it's tail

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

That news reporter described it has "about as much room as a minivan". That looks significantly less comfortable than a minivan. Also, minivans have seats.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Outside reenactment of the final moments

Fill the soda can with beef ravioli to make it more realistic

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Fill the soda can with beef ravioli to make it more realistic

How many spoonfulls before you realize

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Surface meat must taste real different to abyssal meat.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Scrolling up to see that the parent tweet shows a journalist casually talking about how he never mentioned in his original article that he witnessed the sub getting lost for 5 hours and Internet was shut off to stop people tweeting. :dafuq:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

greatBigJerk posted:

My wife when I mentioned the sub to her: "Oh my god that's horrible. They'll probably die."

Me: "At least one of them was a billionaire."

Her: "Oh, that's not so bad then."

Sounds like you married up.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
the CBS video mentioned that they were lost for hours, no mention of blocking internet tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They could have at least sent us a cool chat log of them going insane. The ultra rich are so selfish.