Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
An HD2D sequel would be the dream don’t know why people are dreaming about remakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've still never played SMRPG so that'd be more interesting to me, but it's way harder to imagine nintendo wanting to touch it beyond retro game services than SE just remaking more games that are fully theirs

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

man nurse posted:

Right, what I mean to say is ports often have little extra bells and whistles to them, but it’s carrying over an existing game. A remake implies it’s all new from the ground up.

Fair enough

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ImpAtom posted:

Bahamut Lagoon

A LaL-style 2DHD remake of this would be amazing, and also cross off one of the last SNES Square games still missing an English translation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SE hates treasure so well never see Treasure Hunter G or Treasure of the Rudras

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Illusion of Gaia/E.V.O. The Search For Eden when, you cowards.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Watch it be Sim City 1

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Instead of a remake they should revive the third (or fourth if you want to count Radical Dreamers) Chrono game that was canceled a long time ago

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

EVO kinda sucked so I'd rather Soul Blazer & Terranigma

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terranigma balls lol

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

How has nobody suggested that the remake is f zero?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
A remake of SNES F-Zero would be the most Nintendo move ever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Palmtree Panic posted:

A remake of SNES F-Zero would be the most Nintendo move ever.

Pilotwings 4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Guys, guys guys...

Mario Paint Deluxe.

Also, where the hell is Excitebike 64?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

isn’t smrpg a licensing headache? seems like it’d be hard to contractually remake.

maybe chrono trigger is too, i don’t know?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

abelwingnut posted:

isn’t smrpg a licensing headache? seems like it’d be hard to contractually remake.

Chrono Trigger was ported to PlayStation once (though it was later released again on the DS) so no idea honestly

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
The tweet gives the hint about WONDERing.
So it's clearly a remake of Wonder Project J.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

If it was being made for a Nintendo system not really

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chrono Trigger is on pc and mobile too, all bets are off

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

chrono trigger is without flaw and thus needs no remake

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

hmm, got it.

the only other game i can think of that hasn’t been touched in decades is like earthbound.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

abelwingnut posted:

Not really beyond SE approaching Nintendo and getting told no (can't see SE refusing in the reverse case). There's rights issues in the sense that it makes referencing SMRPG originals more trouble than it's often worth and puts SMRPG on the backburner for retro services, but it's no real barrier.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Fire Emblem 4 remake has been rumored for ages it’s probably that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nintendo are going to announce the Switch 2, on 6/21/2023

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

abelwingnut posted:

hmm, got it.

the only other game i can think of that hasn’t been touched in decades is like earthbound.

earthbound is without flaw and thus needs no remake

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Larryb posted:

Chrono Trigger was ported to PlayStation once (though it was later released again on the DS) so no idea honestly

It's also on Steam, and Android/ios. Porting would be easy af.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t care about fire emblem there’s already too much fire emblem

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah dont think they need to remake a FE when they just put out a new one, and are probably working on the next one.

SMPRG remake would be cool but I almost dont see Nintendo touching that, or i'm afraid they'd revamp some of the weirder quirky stuff in that game.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

40 minutes? We're gonna be eating good. I hope the rumors are true and 2d Mario comes back. But not a New iteration, something fresh and exciting.

Hoping we finally see a prime 4 reveal. Even just a teaser dated 2024.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

xedo posted:

40 minutes? We're gonna be eating good. I hope the rumors are true and 2d Mario comes back. But not a New iteration, something fresh and exciting.

Hoping we finally see a prime 4 reveal. Even just a teaser dated 2024.

I think it'll be a next gen launch title at this point.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

hatty posted:

Some of those battle animations were wild

https://youtu.be/3vvw42jvxUs

I'm replaying it now, and I forgot how much extra stuff they put in this game. Bosses that other rpg types at the time might give extra dialog lines or specific attack names get full animated attacks with camera angle movement.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah dont think they need to remake a FE when they just put out a new one, and are probably working on the next one.

well no it would be a perfect time really considering the previous installment was partly built around callback to earlier titles in the series and thus revitalizing interest in them

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
FE4 remake is probably a thing since the person who talked about it also leaked Engage and details about it a year before it was published. The remake won't be announced less than 6 months after Engage was published though.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

symbolic posted:

earthbound is without flaw and thus needs no remake

speaking of which, I bought this and it arrived a few days ago: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804412992393.html
It is insanely soft.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

otter posted:

speaking of which, I bought this and it arrived a few days ago: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804412992393.html
It is insanely soft.

that rocks

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Looking forward to Surprise Animal Crossing DLC (that's the title) that adds all the items from the mobile game or whatever. And makes multiplayer faster.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

External Organs posted:

I think it'll be a next gen launch title at this point.

Probably. I think it'll be cross gen like botw.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

7 am is crazy early. It'll be 2 pm for me but that's just a weird hour imo.

Curious to see if they mention DLC for TotK. I got nothing else I want/need atm, but SNES games are great so I'll be happy with whatever comes.

hatty posted:

The Fire Emblem 4 remake has been rumored for ages it’s probably that

Is it a good one? I didn't get Valentia since Shadow Dragon didn't wow me, to no one's surprise it's based on such an old game, so as far as history goes it's cool, but it's still a bit too old to quite enjoy unlike the more modern iterations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Seriously... They might make a Mario Paint follow-up :shrug:

Also, I hope that NES Remix gets literally any love from Nintendo. I wish this for every direct.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Palmtree Panic posted:

SMRPG has been one the last Nintendo games missing from SNES online. Square remaking it in HD-2D would be the dream.

At some point a year or two ago the director of Mario RPG opined that he'd really like to revisit that project as a swan song before his (pending) retirement.

I'd be happy to allow some old man's dreams come true.