Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

I don't even think it's a real toilet, it's a box with a toilet seat-shaped thing on top

Which is really funny because it means if someone shits in it, you can't even look out the window anymore without your face being like a foot away from a literal bowl of poo poo.

quick edit: Also I ordered a meatball sub today in honor of the groversub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Billionaires aren't going to be smart enough to use the toilet or poop in one corner, they're just making GBS threads all over the floor now.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
sitting on the toilet in front of the window, jerking off as the majestic shipwreck comes into view

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

wilderthanmild posted:

Which is really funny because it means if someone shits in it, you can't even look out the window anymore without your face being like a foot away from a literal bowl of poo poo.

quick edit: Also I ordered a meatball sub today in honor of the groversub

You'd think they would at least get a groover smdh

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
so is offering to drown rich people a good business model? could I charge rich people a cheaper $150k to drown them locally? Like look guys if you want to drown do I have a steal for you, we have a beautiful lake nearby

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

I don't even think it's a real toilet, it's a box with a toilet seat-shaped thing on top

there are "portable toilets" that you can buy that are exactly that, a seat with a small chamber underneath meant to contain the piss and poo poo somewhere until you can empty it later, they cost like $50 on amazon

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Their feces dropping like whalefall over the 1500 dead

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Delthalaz posted:

so is offering to drown rich people a good business model? could I charge rich people a cheaper $150k to drown them locally? Like look guys if you want to drown do I have a steal for you, we have a beautiful lake nearby

nobody is going to pay big money to be drowned, you need to instantly crush them to death if you expect to earn a living off it

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

GD_American posted:

My dad was a (diesel) submariner and it was 100% understood by everybody on board that if they had a problem, they solved it themselves or they were dead

Those billionaires stuck down there better check out the hook while the DJ revolves it

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

That was my impression, too. It's a box containing a plastic bag. You poop and pee in the bag, then you zip it up, remove it, and put in a fresh bag.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

R.L. Stine posted:

sitting on the toilet in front of the window, jerking off as the majestic shipwreck comes into view

when it comes to the titanic we are supposed to pretend there was no room on board for Jack

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Trapped in a sealed tube two and half miles under the water and then you realize you have to poop.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The 2 billionaires definitely killed the other 3 people for more oxygen. Anybody that thinks a billionaire wouldn't commit filicide for another few hours of life is nutso.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

You Are A Elf posted:

Those billionaires stuck down there better check out the hook while the DJ revolves it

vanilla iceberg, baby

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
There were multiple billionaires on board? Did the richer billionaire poop first to establish dominance over the smaller, less rich ones?

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Is there any chance this is just a massive scheme to gently caress off and start a new life somewhere else? The CEO had been negligent and decided it might be better to just start over under a new name then be investigated for massive fraud. Same thing for the passengers?

Only thinking because the lack of any way to send any sort tracking device... I know tech bros can be dumb but this is suspiciously dumb.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Delthalaz posted:

I'm going to try the opposite direction. Paint the tomb box sub up like pharaohs sarcophagi, so they can go out extra tacky, and charge them a cool million.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Vampire Panties posted:

There were multiple billionaires on board? Did the richer billionaire poop first to establish dominance over the smaller, less rich ones?

rich people have others poo poo for them

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Of course it's not a real toilet. THAT would require real engineering work, not to mention a lot more power and weight requirements for any kind of marine vacuum heads system. And then you'd need a water and holding tank too, because you are not drawing from or trying to eject out to the outside.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

ProperCoochie posted:

The 2 billionaires definitely killed the other 3 people for more oxygen. Anybody that thinks a billionaire wouldn't commit filicide for another few hours of life is nutso.

they definitely killed the guy who built the thing, likely with the speakers that are stuck playing "my heart will go on" on repeat

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
My Dad was a diesel submariner
He understood 100% fast
Never did win no checkered flags
If they had a problem they solved it themselves

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Noise Complaint posted:

they definitely killed the guy who built the thing, likely with the speakers that are stuck playing "my heart will go on" on repeat

justifiable homicide imo

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Paid $250k to look at the Titanic, but I can't see it because Bill is making GBS threads in front of the only window

not even a shitter. literally just a hospital-style piss bottle and a small compartment in which to place it.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

For my claustrophobia fam, some real world size context

https://twitter.com/kscSharpe/status/1670944171350192129

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Commander Jebus posted:

Of course it's not a real toilet. THAT would require real engineering work, not to mention a lot more power and weight requirements for any kind of marine vacuum heads system. And then you'd need a water and holding tank too, because you are not drawing from or trying to eject out to the outside.

How cool would that be, though? Imagine a system where you poop, then it goes into an airlock, and the airlock later ejects the poop so that you can see it float across the porthole as it's crushed into a tiny ribbon by the pressure.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
If any of you know Blink 182, call them right the gently caress now and tell them to cover My Heart Will Go On.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Donnerberg posted:

If any of you know Blink 182, call them right the gently caress now and tell them to cover My Heart Will Go On.

DMing them on bluesky right now

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
We all kind of wanted to kill and eat someone, but no one wanted to make the first move.

It was out of anger that ##### killed Rush, but it was out of fear I, we all, ate some of him.

The door was now wide open.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I’m assuming the carbon fiber is just an inner liner used like drywall. They seem to have lights that are embedded behind the carbon fiber

Yeah your right. Looking at the image again (and much more awake) there's a vent behind the computer. Good to know that they weren't that stupid.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Britain’s Ministry of Defense, which hosts NATO’s multinational submarine rescue capability, said it was monitoring the search. British officials say that the depth of water in the search area greatly exceeds that in which the NATO Submarine Rescue System — which is based in Scotland — can safely operate, but that its team is available to offer expertise and guidance.

Sorry we can't make the trip, how about a zoom meeting?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i bet what actually happened was that someone took a huge stank dump in the tiny onboard toilet and everyone asphyxiated

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bad Purchase posted:

there are "portable toilets" that you can buy that are exactly that, a seat with a small chamber underneath meant to contain the piss and poo poo somewhere until you can empty it later, they cost like $50 on amazon

$50? What the hell kind of insane budget do you think we're operating on here?!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Fansy posted:

Sorry we can't make the trip, how about a zoom meeting?

There's some depth Navy subs cant go under for non-military reasons.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How much does it take to build like a modern military sub? 20 million or some poo poo? Why do they not just base a design on those? I know ultra modern military poo poo you cannot get specs for but cant you base it on some older ones that didnt gently caress up or suck and at a minimum was just a big coffin at the worst

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just got word that they were all found safe and alive, and ticket sales for next year's dives have resumed

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bad Purchase posted:

just got word that they were all found safe and alive, and ticket sales for next year's dives have resumed

Outta my way I'm first!!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

verbal enema posted:

How much does it take to build like a modern military sub? 20 million or some poo poo? Why do they not just base a design on those? I know ultra modern military poo poo you cannot get specs for but cant you base it on some older ones that didnt gently caress up or suck and at a minimum was just a big coffin at the worst

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narco-submarine

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

verbal enema posted:

How much does it take to build like a modern military sub? 20 million or some poo poo?

:lol:

$20M is the amount in the budget just for the scrum masters

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Military submarines are no use here, they're designed to go around 800-1000 feet below the surface. The Titanic is 13,000 feet under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

verbal enema posted:

How much does it take to build like a modern military sub? 20 million or some poo poo?

how much you got?
-general dynamics, to the us government / taxpayers like you