Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gwaihir posted:

yeah man being able to save my skill and gear loadouts was a real drag. D4 is so much better now that I have to dig through my stash with no search functions.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yep, it is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

satanic splash-back posted:

This is half the hours that exist between 6/2 and right now, lmao

and still trash itemization apparently lol

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

exquisite tea posted:

I wonder if the whole "you can slap an aspect on any legendary" does more harm than good for the purposes of endgame farming. When you see [Diadem] drop in D2, it feels like an event. You get an amazing unique that will either make you rich or make you OP for the rest of a ladder season. But in D4 this usually means a bunch of item shuffling/comparing/upgrading just to maintain all your running aspects, while making sure you have a spare high-rolled aspect on hand that doesn't totally negate the DPS increase of the upgrade. Uniques are kinda meant to supplant this role, but right now, most are pretty unremarkable or have effects barely distinguishable from legendaries while being fairly rare themselves. So there's a lot of fiddling around required to make upgrades actual upgrades without breaking some part of your setup.

Legendaries aren't exactly analogous to uniques in D2, and are more like an additive/replacement for more skill points in D4, and that seems fine to me.

What the game needs is more uniques that go above and beyond legendaries and start enabling weird/overpowered builds in the way that runewords did in D2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Diablo 3 was a bad game and the lessons to take from it is not do any of that

Honestly this is fair.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

I'm better than you with like 50 hours and 10 levels behind you lmao... how????

If you are only itemizing for ilevel sure, my gear is properly stated for pushing NM tier 95+ and fighting Uber Lilith. The fact you are saying trash itemization without even knowing my itemization is lol. All you have access to is item level which isn't the whole picture dumb dumb. It's like in WoW where a properly itemized 350 will out dps the piss out of a poorly itemized 360 ilevel character. But hey, baby's first vidya game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astryl posted:

How did you get this?

https://d4armory.io/

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Zotix posted:

If you are only itemizing for ilevel sure, my gear is properly stated for pushing NM tier 95+ and fighting Uber Lilith.

You need to tell the truth here, you are or were using a busted rear end barb build and your gear isn't good, go ahead and post the gear and your build here if that isn't the case

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Zotix posted:

No need to be a shithead.

Zotix posted:

I'm glad you're having fun at level 55 or whatever mid tier content you seem to be hanging around in. Cheers homegirl.

quote:

But hey, baby's first vidya game.

You seem like you played Diablo 2 for ten years and expected to do that here but also the game has only been out for two weeks. Just move on my dude, you've had your fill. Come back if the S1 features look cool or the first big QoL patch hits.

6/10. Go do a vanilla run of the 40k Diablo clone or something. You've literally forgotten what even an average game is let alone a bad one.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 20, 2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Legendaries aren't exactly analogous to uniques in D2, and are more like an additive/replacement for more skill points in D4, and that seems fine to me.

What the game needs is more uniques that go above and beyond legendaries and start enabling weird/overpowered builds in the way that runewords did in D2.

Runewords being a series of conditional effects you could program in yourself was a genuinely great idea for D4, I'm sad they took it out.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

This thread is full of insane people

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zotix posted:

If you are only itemizing for ilevel sure, my gear is properly stated for pushing NM tier 95+ and fighting Uber Lilith. The fact you are saying trash itemization without even knowing my itemization is lol. All you have access to is item level which isn't the whole picture dumb dumb. It's like in WoW where a properly itemized 350 will out dps the piss out of a poorly itemized 360 ilevel character. But hey, baby's first vidya game.

man i cant believe youre so lame. i saw the covid and ukraine thread gangtags and i was sure i was talking to based motherfucker

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
He thinks the game is in rough shape because he followed a broken rear end build that needed multiple nerfs for exploits, ran the same dungeon 100+ times, and basically rushed to 100 without even bothering with good itemization because it wasn't needed for the broken rear end twitch streamer sponsored build and has the nerve to say the game is rough lmfao. Good poo poo my man

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Druid Q:
I’m level 46 and just found an item with the trampled earth aspect. Clearly this aspect rules, but it’s on a pair of lovely gloves. When I extract it, I can only put it on one piece of gear and it’s stuck forever, right?

But since I’m level 46, I may as well just use it since it’s stuck at its current level (req level 38), right?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Mom I beat my new video game as fast as I could and now I’m bored

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

exquisite tea posted:

Runewords being a series of conditional effects you could program in yourself was a genuinely great idea for D4, I'm sad they took it out.

I know, I wish they'd have kept it in. In addition to what's already in D4, I'd really love a loot system a la D2 runewords, where you can keep building toward a god-tier item by collecting a bunch of macguffins.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Druid Q:
I’m level 46 and just found an item with the trampled earth aspect. Clearly this aspect rules, but it’s on a pair of lovely gloves. When I extract it, I can only put it on one piece of gear and it’s stuck forever, right?

But since I’m level 46, I may as well just use it since it’s stuck at its current level (req level 38), right?

If it does a damage amount, yeah - might as well use it asap.

If it's a % chance to do something - it won't matter what level you use it at

Either way, you only get to imprint things once, though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive been playing the new mario endlessly for 72 hours. my eyes are swollen and bulging out of my skull. my mouth is parched and dry. my legs have begun to bow and break as i have not moved from sitting cross legged on the floor 2 inches from the screen. i come here now to tell you, the new mario game is hosed. theyve hosed us once again. i have beaten every world of this thing they dare to call a "game". i have seen every pixel. 72 hours? for $60? and you lap this up like the dogs you are. look at yourselves. have some loving self respect and stop dick riding these corpo FUCKS.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I just want the screen zoomed out

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

He thinks the game is in rough shape because he followed a broken rear end build that needed multiple nerfs for exploits, ran the same dungeon 100+ times, and basically rushed to 100 without even bothering with good itemization because it wasn't needed for the broken rear end twitch streamer sponsored build and has the nerve to say the game is rough lmfao. Good poo poo my man

I'm not even playing a Barb, lmao. You have no idea what you're even talking about dude. My build has been touched once with a single line in one hotfix that I didn't even notice post patch.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Zotix posted:

I'm not even playing a Barb, lmao. You have no idea what you're even talking about dude. My build has been touched once with a single line in one hotfix that I didn't even notice post patch.

Hey well :cheers: then lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fellow necromancers, post your builds from d4armory.io/

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

If it does a damage amount, yeah - might as well use it asap.

If it's a % chance to do something - it won't matter what level you use it at

Either way, you only get to imprint things once, though.

It’s a % of normal damage for one of my spells. So, sounds like it’s good to save?

https://imgur.com/a/lUI7mrO

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I said come in! posted:

Fellow necromancers, post your builds from d4armory.io/

Here's mine. Starting to wonder if the Mother's Embrace is worth it or not.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You need to tell the truth here, you are or were using a busted rear end barb build and your gear isn't good, go ahead and post the gear and your build here if that isn't the case

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

explosivo posted:

Here's mine. Starting to wonder if the Mother's Embrace is worth it or not.

take the life gems out, they are worthless. They increase HP based on your base HP not modified. Add some yellows in there. You need to replace your poo poo with Ancestral gear asap

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its better to just link D4 Armory.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

take the life gems out, they are worthless. They increase HP based on your base HP not modified. Add some yellows in there. You need to replace your poo poo with Ancestral gear asap

Thanks, will do on the gems. It is all ancestral except for the rings, it doesn't seem to show sacred/ancestral on the armory yet.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

its surprising that you can run 95+ NM and Lilith with that low of damage but what do I know. Mine is at 11k damage but sacrificed HP for it but I'm only 90

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Oooh, someone critique my affixes for shadow blade rogue please:

https://d4armory.io/?account=Kaddish-1443&hero=451c1550-00d0-11ee-89fc-4b4c57a3c613

I did replace the two rubies with topaz :)

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

its surprising that you can run 95+ NM and Lilith with that low of damage but what do I know. Mine is at 11k damage but sacrificed HP for it but I'm only 90

When you game 12+ hours a day time is valueless

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Kaddish posted:

https://d4armory.io/?account=Kaddish-1443&hero=451c1550-00d0-11ee-89fc-4b4c57a3c613

we can't see them. drop your weird gem choices though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nice power level bitch. Lmfao.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

defense is king

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
~200 hours of playtime in less than 3 weeks.

Im kinda jealous but also not

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

American McGay posted:

Nice power level bitch. Lmfao.

Thx bud. I'm surprised yours is so low with how many breaks mods have made you take from your incessant shitposting.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I get the complaints. Its certainly no PoE in replayability and endgame progression and I think LE is a better ARPG as well, thanks to way deeper build variety, even if LE is also lacking in endgame systems.

It however looks and sounds great and its fresh and new and thats a quality and fun by itself. It has time to sort itself out and get new systems into play, unless the suits decide to kill any support, but that's a very different kind of problem.

Right now I've dusted off my old PS4 controller and I'm gonna play an ARPG with a controller for the first time, probably a rogue.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kaddish posted:

I don’t think the item tooltips on that site actually show the item you have equipped. It seems to be pulling from a database of what the item was when it dropped and not what it looks like after you’ve slapped an aspect on it and rerolled an affix.

You should be using Royal Topaz in all your armor though.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
PSA:
You owe it to your carpal tunnels to at least try the game with a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also why the gently caress can I change tattoos at will but not my hairstyle? This is loving unacceptable, I cant choose one hairstyle for all eternity